• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Chill

Red
BRoomer
From my understanding of what I read, the press has been allowed to release the news since yesterday. Because some online sites went ahead and printed the stories anways, Nintendo just said 'go ahead'.

I think the few new screens and Reggie speech is all we're going to get.

Sensai

Smash Master
The MP3 thing I said isn't old, it was from yesterday's speech. But you're right: this is like the 100th time we've heard that. It's worth hearing again, though. Makes me feel more confident about it all.

Here's a look at some weird as looking spelling game. Unless you're intrigued by quirky things (i.e. you bought Cooking Mama), don't bother:
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/20...s-you-be-like-us-plus-ds-to-wii-connectivity/

Also, and this might be old news, it looks as if Madden o8, shipping later this year, is going to have just as much online as the 360 and PS3 versions.

Sensai

Smash Master
Volrec, I dunno. Probably not, as I might just get the second one and be done with it. Also, you misspelled the curse word in your signature.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
IGN said:
Reggie's speech was originally under embargo -- as is all of our coverage -- but after some online sites decided to ignore this embargo and post up the speech anyway, NOA relented and allowed everybody to run with it. We've transcribed the speech in full for readers below:
Doesn't sound like this speech is the only thing we will get, we just have to wait till Friday for the embargo to truly be lifted. The only reason the speech was unvelied was because some went against the embargo for the speech and nintendo gave the "ok" for others to do the same for ONLY the speech.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I hopeI can mod it and make custom songs and stuff, that'd be amazing. I'd never ever ever get bored.

Amazing! Wireless controllers. Someone tell me I wont be the only one jumping on my bed rocking out.

Sensai

Smash Master
Gentlemen, you know how I bring you guys news and how it usually is good, uplifting, make-you-feel-fuzzy stuff. Today, I fear I must bring you bad news.

We are all correct in thinking that the embargo comes off on Friday, which is good news to be sure; I can't wait to see some games. However....two games will be under embargo until E3 (!). Guess which two they are....
http://www.kotaku.com/?refId=263068

Metroid Prime 3 and Smash Bros. Brawl. God dammit all.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
er...that makes no sense. the new E3 is in october, but MP3 releases on August 20...

someone needs to rethiink that. I think it's supposed ot be mario galaxy and SSBB.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
er...that makes no sense. the new E3 is in october, but MP3 releases on August 20...

someone needs to rethiink that. I think it's supposed ot be mario galaxy and SSBB.
You are thinking of E for All Expo which is in October. That is a public place where people go to play the games. The new E3 is in July and is used for the press releases of games. The new E3 does not do public demoes anymore and thus, why E for All Expo exists.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What if Reggie releases those 3 games on the 30th of December. That'd be the most hyped day ever. Also, someone would find him and torture him for his sins.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up Nes. I'm no good at finding news so I'll be more of a commentator.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
RE, did you miss it?

MP: Corruption has been slated for August 20th. :)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Eh. I'll probably get it, just for more multiplayer, but to be honest, it doesn't seem much different then the other 7.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok we got PBR screens, some vids and screens of mario strikers charged (Screw MK im gettin this game!), and now manhunt 2 info is all on wii.ign.com...

not only that, they say manhunt 2 is the goriest game theyve ever seen, u can actually cut of a man testicles lol...

and thats about it :p

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
sorry, but i don't need to experience cutting a guy's balls off. Goryness is fun to a point, but that's taking it too far.

also, has anyone seen the new Crystal Bearer's trailer? It's pretty.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
RE, did you miss it?

MP: Corruption has been slated for August 20th. :)
Oh my God! Really!? YEEEEEESSSSSSS! That's 8 days after my birthday but it would be the perfect present [to go along with my Wii]!

Hopefully MP3, Melee [I haven't played this in my house in over a year, my GC died] and Tales of Symphonia will hold me over until Brawl [or Galaxy, but I;m not too hyped about that]. Oh yeah, I almost forgot and TP, I can't miss out on that.

Thanks for the info GAW.

sorry, but i don't need to experience cutting a guy's balls off. Goryness is fun to a point, but that's taking it too far.

also, has anyone seen the new Crystal Bearer's trailer? It's pretty.
No, where can I find it?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
lGAH. It won't let me post my info. I don't know why!

It lets me post everyhing else, I'm really confused.
I'll edit later.

EDIT:

Red Exodus said:
No, where can I find it?
http://wii.ign.com/articles/791/791938p1.html
There's the Crystal Bearer's trailer. (Not direct, there's a link at the bottom of that page. For some reason SWF wouldn't let me post the other link.)

The new geometry wars for Wii will have co-op and versus modes. Also, you can unlock stuff by using Wii to DS functionality, which I don't think has been done before.

P.S. ToS is awesome, and this is my 700th post.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wow every time you post something it just becomes a better day GAW! As far as I know, Geometry Wars was awesome and now there's co-op and versus! AWESOME!

Thanks for the info GAW, I'll go watch the trailer now.

Sensai

Smash Master
Online versus mode, to boot. And a single player mode. Anything so that they can charge 50 dollars for a 5 dollar game....if it is 50 bucks, there's no way I'm getting it.

Mario Strikers seems to be doing well in the UK. My friends have had trouble connecting a little (as everyone and their mother is attempting to get on), but when they can get on they say it's a blast and seamless.

Jeah jeah...I missed the opportunity to pass news onto you guys yesterday. Glad you guys could pick up my slack. :-D.

[Edit:]

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/05/25

This game is going to be so fun...

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
So Sensai, did your friends say that there was bearly any lag?

I keep hearing IGN and other places claiming that it is virtually lag free.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah so I heard, if u have a 4-5 (forgot how many) stars of internet conection (meaning 5 stars= good internet connection) there almost no lag, so thats a good thing, meaning when playing brawl online, we dont have to worry aboput the lag affecting the match...

Sensai

Smash Master
My friends have said that there's virtually no lag at all. A dropped frame here or there, but almost nothing.

I will probably get to play it for the first time tomorrow. I'll post back with impressions.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
So a bunch of unconfirmed information has surfaced concerning the nintendo summit meeting

cubed3 said:
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (Wii)
# Release date: 20/08/2007
# Visual improvements since the original build, “wow” factor.
# No competitive online mode for Prime 3 but will be used for fresh content to expand the game’s default features – new missions, suits, weapons will be available, to try and provide content that is “ever evolving and changing so that the game may become entirely new over time.”
# Delayed due to working on the visuals and online side of things.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
# Release Date: 11/12/2007
# Press were allowed to play a single level, with Wi-Fi and a new character shown – “looks stunning, plays like a dream.”
# Uses GameCube controller/classic controller or the Wii Remote/Nunchuck.
# Using the Wii remote/nunchuck, players can increase strength (presumably smash) by moving the remove in the direction of attack, with extra jump if players move the Wii-remote up in sync.
# Report suggests these moves feel tacked on.

Super Mario Galaxy
# Release Date: 12/10/2007
# Press also spent time with Galaxy – “everything fans of Mario 64 will be expecting from the game”.
# Various areas of varying style, with mini-planets and comets are the surface of the game – most levels are within giant planets with their own unique feel, much like the different paintings. Outer-space is much like Peach’s castle in Super Mario 64.
# Friends can help assist in player’s movements by pointing to a star and have Mario follow the pattern drawn at certain points in the game.
# WiiConnect 24 is used, but its function is unclear.

Disaster: Day of Crisis
# Release: Q1 2008
# Confirmed as the official title for the game, Nintendo aim to create a series out of the franchise, with each entry subsequently named Disaster: XXXX.
# “In one area, the player had to determine that the Wii Remote needed to be pointed at a water valve and then turned to unleash water onto a raging fire. These “puzzles” give the game more of an action-adventure feel. Ultimately, it felt like an entirely new type of gaming experience.”

M-09 (FKA Project H.A.M.M.E.R.)
# Release: Second Quarter 2008
# Plays as previously described – other than the title change/release date.

Video Reel
# Mario Kart: Visually impressive, traditional appearance, controlled like other Wii racing games, Wi-Fi logo present.
# Animal Crossing: Looks like past iterations – Wi-Fi logo again present.
# Vision Red: Original Nintendo RPG, seems familiar to Square’s Final Fantasy series.
# Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball – Spruced up from the GameCube version, plays like one would expect.
# Wii Health Pack: People doing various exercises using the Wii remote, results showing calories burnt etc – Miis are being utilized.
# Wii Music: Variety of music played with Wii-remote, performances combined to make songs – Wi-Fi logo present.
# Mii Popularity: Seemed like an everybody vote channel for Mii profiles with different attributes being ranked.
# Demo Channel: Showed players downloading demos of VC titles.

Final Video – Zelda Wii
“Sentences flashed across a black screen and faded…

The greatest adventure in gaming
Lands of epic proportions
A hero for all time
A love to die for…

Link then appears screaming for a very brief second before the screen turns black and a tri-force slams onto the screen and smashes in to pieces.

If the character model used for Link is any indication of where this series is headed, expect ultra-realism, grittiness, and a very dark feel.”

Be sure to stick with C3 for updates..
alot of this seems to be stuff people just want(like the demo channel) but it's possible, or i would dare to say likely, that some of this is true.

i don't know if i want an ultra realistic zelda game, but having an in depth plot would be good.
a very little bit of this actually is confirmed, shiggy mentioned the Mii popularity contest channel a while ago. It seems like a fan may have just said what the felt should be true, though the quote about the brawl Wiimote controls feeling tacked on offsets that(then again, none of us are expecting that so that would make sense also).

all and all, i wouldn't trust this completely, but i wouldn't discount it either. All or parts of it could very well be true.

edit: We (me + other members in brawl forum) have decided for numerous reasons that this is faked. shoot.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wow. That is some excellent news if it is indeed true. I like the MP3 ablility to add new suits, missions etc.

I come bearing smaller, but confirmed news of my own.

Sort of following up on the Geometry Wars thing I mentioned before:

Ubisoft is one of the first 3rd party companies to use DS-Wii interaction, check out this video of My Word Coach.
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/907/907890/vid_2004680.html

What you draw on your DS is desplayed on your television.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm somewhat jealous too, but they're gonna need it since they'll probly have to wait 3 months longer for Brawl.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Not 'bad.' Actually, completely normal. I'm still waiting for a link to that site, actually.

Mario Strikers Charged...what can I say? Not much, really, as I'm sorely missing it right now. It's a freakin' BLAST. Me and my mate are playing through some of the story mode and having a great time.

If you enjoy usually knowing what's going on, then it might not be the game for you. Given, I haven't played a whole bunch into it (probably a good 10 matches [that sounds like a long time but each match is 3 minutes]), but it seems like it's quite zany.

Haven't tried WiFi yet, too busy laughing and playing the co-op/story mode.

BOWSER IS A HOSS! BOOZER OUT!

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Wow. That is some excellent news if it is indeed true. I like the MP3 ablility to add new suits, missions etc.

I come bearing smaller, but confirmed news of my own.

Sort of following up on the Geometry Wars thing I mentioned before:

Ubisoft is one of the first 3rd party companies to use DS-Wii interaction, check out this video of My Word Coach.
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/907/907890/vid_2004680.html

What you draw on your DS is desplayed on your television.
at the bottom of the tv screen in that, it says 'shake to erase'. does the ds have a built-in tilt/motion sensor that i never heard about???

Top Bottom