• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

For you GGXX fans, it's been double-confirmed for the Wii--we now know with complete certainty that it's coming to the Wii, slated for release on 7/26. . .which is quite soon, really.

The good news is that the fighter is Classic Controller compatible, which is good, given that GC controllers or Wii controllers would feel weird with a traditional 2D fighter. The bad news is that ArcSys is actually adding in a Wii-remote control scheme--but the good news is, no one cares.

Control scheme for GGXX^C

Things are looking up with this and Brawl on the horizon.
But...it still says that that the release date for it is unreleased in the U.S.

I hope that it isn't true,we are being deprived of a good fighting series.I'm sick of Marvel.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
According to wii.tv episode 8, the boogie game which we've heard is using a headset is going to be using a usb headset.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I never really got into SC for the GC. I found myself trying to memorize combos and moves. Games like SSB are much more fluent for me, less moves, more mindgames.

Not to say SC is bad or anything.

Stryks

Smash Hero
It was still a great game, many fighting games out theres needs u to memorize buttons, unlike smash, smash is da best, for its easiness yet very addicting and awesome gameplay, still in SC, u have to memorize attacks, but after a while u get the hang of it and start makin combos in no time, I actually regret sellin the game, cause it was awesome...

Edit:Ghost squad (or somethin like dat) for the wii http://wii.ign.com/articles/787/787212p1.html

Red Exodus

Smash Master
In SC I only memorized moves that are useful and came out easily. I don't like the whole button combo thing either, but SC does a great job of keeping it simpler than most. I'll have to check out these articles next time.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
if you play it enough its not a problem. i know so much about every stage, character and techs in smash that if i wrote it down it would take you a vEry long time to read. there is a TON of memorization in smash, just its more gradual than being suddenly thrown out there.

Sensai

Smash Master
I really really REALLY enjoyed SC for the GC. One of the best fighters out there, IMO. It's too bad this one isn't a fighter, though...

Anyways, lots of news. Some of which Stryks and GAW have touched upon, but they need re-touching upon.

Ghost Squad: a very arcade-esque light gun game for the Wii, courtesy of SEGA.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/787/787212p1.html

Eyes on NiGHTS. Impressions.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/787/787088p1.html

Three Wii games announced. Only one is likely to come out of Japan, and it's not even named yet.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/786/786624p1.html

A Chocobo game for the Wii? Yes indeed!
http://wii.ign.com/articles/787/787033p1.html

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
"Sure would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it? Oddly enough, I will be in Seattle next week. What a strange coincidence. I think such an event would be a great way for Nintendo to give us a pre-E3 look at some of its games for the next quarter or two and I'd be seriously surprised if anticipated projects like Metroid Prime 3: Corruption weren't on-hand. Barring any embargoes, I'd stay tuned through next week for more news - hypothetically speaking, of course.

-- Matt "

In an N-Query over at IGN. He's said this before, but it's nice for it to be clarified every once in a while.

Sensai

Smash Master
I was so waiting for someone to post here so that I might also (didn't wanna double post).

I had seen the countdown thing (as of like...7 this morning), but the Mario Strikers is new to me. Thanks a ton for that.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I saw the countdown like 2 days ago, but I was too lazy to post and figured someone else would have already. I assume this matches with the rumors that we'd be getting a new character and/or video this month.

Hopefully the new site will be much more informative than the old one.

Also, the rumor of the day is that the new character to be revealed is Tingle.

Which would suck big fat floppy donkey **** (South Park). I mean it. WOuld he chuck maps at people? Have a parasol like recovery with his balloon? Taunt with "Ker-Loompah!"

BLeck.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also, the rumor of the day is that the new character to be revealed is Tingle.
That's due to his appearence in a non-official picture drawn by the guys at CoroCoro comics who had a brawl article recently. I wouldn't put much in it since the captio under the drawing was about a contest to draw your ultimate Brawl character.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
News Flash: NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams is now NiGHTS: Hoshifuru Yo no Monogatari or "Story of the night of the falling stars".

To be honest I don't know which name I hate more. Of course, what I gave you is a rough translation, so who knows.

Volrec

Smash Lord
HAHA @ the fruity Nights title.

I cannot!!!! Wait till strikers. It's so close, it's not funny. I might get it just because of online play. I am getting tired of PC play a bit, since it already HAS internet. I've never played a console online game before, and it woudl be cool, since everyone is using the same controller settup. Not like PC's, where we all have different keyboards and stuff. But, no, not happening. Wiimote and Wiimote only.

Who is getting charged.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
HAHA @ the fruity Nights title.

I cannot!!!! Wait till strikers. It's so close, it's not funny. I might get it just because of online play. I am getting tired of PC play a bit, since it already HAS internet. I've never played a console online game before, and it woudl be cool, since everyone is using the same controller settup. Not like PC's, where we all have different keyboards and stuff. But, no, not happening. Wiimote and Wiimote only.

Who is getting charged.
I might, if:
1. The Wii internet on the Wii I own stops being retarted! :mad:
2. Charged has awsome online

By the way, when does Charged come out=???

I

i8waffles612

thanks...I'll probably get it then...any other good online games coming out on the Wii then=??? :)
pokemon... 1st online game coming out...

i want to try it but my bro says its gay its pokemon... im like i know i dont like pokemon either lets just try online play with it..... hes like NOO

ANDDD

MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED!!!

Shark X

Smash Lord
2 things I want to ask, and not sure if I should create another topic since it's Wii related.

1. Where on my Wii do I find the Wii #? The option to add the number in your Profile says it's attached to the wii, but the only number I find is the Serial Number.

2. How the hell do I get Wifi? I just can't figure out how to get my Wii online >.< Search Access point doesn't help, so I know I don't have wifi. I'm in no hurry to figure this out, but I want to figure it out before Brawl comes out at least.

Sensai

Smash Master
Man, I'm falling behind on my news duties. I used to be in here all the time posting this or that, but now it's fallen upon GAW. 'preciate it.

Anyways, today I bring some news concerning Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. It's looking like it might be more geared towards single play (which is weird...), and it uses motion sensing.

Cool.

Link to interview.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/789/789057p1.html

Link to other article!
http://wii.ign.com/articles/788/788767p1.html

Here's a new trailer for Dewy's Adventure. If you're easily succeptible to cute things, I suggest avoiding this video...the music has (honestly) convinced me to buy the game, it's that cute.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/05/16/new-dewys-adventure-footage-slides-into-our-hearts/

Shark: Your Wii number is 'on' your Wii.....'s address book. From the main menu, hit the mail thing, go into your address book and look at your first page. Boom!

Also, WiFi is just wireless internet. If you don't have a wireless router (or someone who lives next to you who doesn't protect theirs....) then you can't get online.

I will most certainly be getting Mario Strikers. No way in hell I'm passing up the first decent online game on the Wii. Take that Pokemon!

Two days 'til Blizzard's announcement. Four 'til Smash site reopens.

And I now officially have Starcraft up and running on Linux. Booyah!

/exit\

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Oh my god are you serious? Then the chances of me getting online are like 1 in.... over 9000!!!!!!!!!

I'm screwed now, it won't make sense buying controllers because my friends don't come over much anymore, online was my last hope. Xbox 360 is looking a lot better now :urg:...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Dewy's Adventure looks like Pikmin... a lot. I also see some pac-man in there.

Sensai

Smash Master
Just buy a wireless router. You can grab one for probably....50 bucks, give or take.

And if Dewy's anything at all like Pikmin, I'll be **** happy.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Actually, I've been having a lot of trouble with my network. My family's 4 computers work fine with it, but the Wii just doesn't work. If changing channels to 1 or 11 doesn't work tomarrow, I'm just buying an adapter.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Jeah, I understand. You could buy one of those adapter things for about 40 bucks...I had one for a while (before I went wireless) and they worked like a charm. Gave it to the girl I was dating at the time, who had a brother who I got into Nintendo gaming.

For anyone who wants to know more about the whole Smash Site...thing but doesn't wanna go through one hundred billion pages (exactly, mind you), here's the only thing that anyone of us needs to see: almost direct confirmation from Nintendo that news is coming.

Link to the Hylia:
http://thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1179457095&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
This isn't really specifically wii news, but I had to post it somewhere and I feel this is the best place.

You all by now have probably heard the quote by Miyamoto saying that he could have made halo if he had wanted to. Well now Bungie's Frank O'Connor(however his name is spelled) struck back by saying that Bungie is hard at work at a sidescrolling platform game featuring some plumbers, but not gonna say the ethnicity. Got this off of the most recent wii.tv podcast # 9 and it seems like Bungie is pretty pissed at Miyamoto.

Shark X

Smash Lord
This isn't really specifically wii news, but I had to post it somewhere and I feel this is the best place.

You all by now have probably heard the quote by Miyamoto saying that he could have made halo if he had wanted to. Well now Bungie's Frank O'Connor(however his name is spelled) struck back by saying that Bungie is hard at work at a sidescrolling platform game featuring some plumbers, but not gonna say the ethnicity. Got this off of the most recent wii.tv podcast # 9 and it seems like Bungie is pretty pissed at Miyamoto.
Didn't you already make a topic about this? -.-

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Thanks a ton for that link Sensai!! I cannot wait until Monday. I need more Wii points. :(

So, that survey thing... have people been getting calls..or was it just that one person who got some calls (can't remember who said it)?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Problem for me is, I'm not computer smart, so I'm not sure what one looks like, which one I would need, etc.
Google "Nintendo Wifi adapter"

And there's also some sort of cable connection coming out that you can hook the wii up directly to your comp if you'd rather.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

They have other ways of doing that already, although none of them are billed as working for the Wii. They're all labeled as something else and since you said you weren't computer smart...jeah, I dunno. WiFi adapater's your best bet.

It occurred to me that this upcoming week (kicking off with Monday's Brawl news) could also hold in store some MP3 info. Matt Cassamassina has been hinting at MP3 info for a few long weeks now and he seems to be especially excited to be going to this thing up in Seattle.

Surely Nintendo wouldn't be so tight-lipped about everything for the first 5 months, and then bust out with a ****-load of info in two days...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
For anyone who wants to know more about the whole Smash Site...thing but doesn't wanna go through one hundred billion pages (exactly, mind you), here's the only thing that anyone of us needs to see: almost direct confirmation from Nintendo that news is coming.

Link to the Hylia:
http://thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1179457095&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&
I don't mean to be cynical or anything, but are you sure that the message isn't just about the actual Wendy's Frosty Float promotion? I mean, that starts on Monday the 21st as well, (www.frostyfloat.com) and Nintendo could've been saying there would be more info. on the promotion Monday. Just thought I'd share that.

Top Bottom