• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I thought you could use the CC for GC games. I bet they're going to either keep GCCs in production or make a Wii version that is compatible with GC games.

I was expecting Wii to have more FPS' since you can aim so easily now. I like FPS' so Xbox is pretty attractive to me while PS2 is only attractive due to action [God of War, Devil May Cry] and RPG games. I mainly want a Wii for backwards compatibility. I have 15 games collecting dust and I don't want to built up a library of games all over again so Wii is the way to go for me.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Anybody who doesn't own an Xbox always seems to think it only offers shooters... I own two 360 shooters, Gears of War and Crackdown (which aren't even FPS, but TPS). Sure, I've played Rainbow Six Vegas, Perfect Dark Zero, etc, but when you look at the shooters, not very many of them are that great. PDZ being one of those ones that isn't great. Viva Pinata, Kameo, PGR3, Guitar Hero, Battle for Middle-earth 2 (a console RTS?! OUTRAGEOUS!), DOA4, Oblivion and all the Xbox Live Arcade games make the 360 a very well rounded console. Looking at the horizon for the 360 you can see there's not just shooters, too. Command & Conquer 3, Forza 2, PGR4, Mass Effect, Two Worlds, Banjo Kazooie, Too Human, Devil May Cry 4, Fable 2, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Assassin's Creed... The 360 has a very bright future across all genres. From what I listed right there, that's an RTS, two racing games (both with very different styles of play), five RPGs, one platformer, and two action games. And that's just this year from my personal "to buy" list. :D

Oh, and while we're on the subject, of course, Halo 3 will keep the 360 on top for shooters. :D While the idea of shooters on the Wii seems good, it's yet to be executed well enough to where I'm convinced it's the path the genre needs to go down, while I'm still having a blast playing Halo 2.

And Frank dude, you "beat" Sensai to posting the VC games because I told him to not post them in here. VC news goes in the VC discussion topic.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Official Nintendo Lineup:

IGN said:
Nintendo officially states that the following games will be coming out for Wii in Japan in 2007

Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (DK Jet or DK Bongo Blast, US) - June 28, 2007
Wii Health Pack -- 2007
Disaster: Day of Crisis - 2007
Mario Party 8 - 2007
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. - 2007
Wii Music - 2007
Super Mario Galaxy - 2007
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 2007
Battalion Wars II - 2007
Forever Blue - 2007
Mario Strikers Charged - 2007
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 2007
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics - 2007
Interesting...

EDIT: Full article... http://wii.ign.com/articles/784/784665p1.html

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
weird, since we've had no news of Disaster, project hammer, barely any of wii music(other than a few descriptions), etc.

good to hear MP3 is official for this year though.

Cashed said:
Oh, and while we're on the subject, of course, Halo 3 will keep the 360 on top for shooters. :D While the idea of shooters on the Wii seems good, it's yet to be executed well enough to where I'm convinced it's the path the genre needs to go down, while I'm still having a blast playing Halo 2.
yeah, we've had only a few shooters, and only one of them had pretty tight controls. CoD3 didn't have any MP though. -_-.

We'll have to wait until RE4 Wii(which according to numerous websites has great controls), MP3, and possibly RS2 to see good FPS controls on Wii.

I

i8waffles612

Yeah they prolly gonan put more brawl info soon- stages, characters, videos, items, pics would be really nice!!!

more brawl info is gonna come this week i bet

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^ What makes you say that?

You could be right, I suppose, but I'm not expecting anything until the new E3. (forget what its called)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Don't expect anything much out of E3 this year. Remember, it's massively downscaled and isn't until July.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I expect to continue doing [after E3] what I've been doing on these forums since December 2006.

Speculating.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I guess we all share something in common then,for I also am not attracted to FPS's alot,but on the other hand,I love fighting games more than anything...and luckily we get a couple of good ones for the Wii...Super Smash Bros. Brawl...and of course...Guilty Gear XX Accent Core.

I just hope that it comes over seas to the U.S. because I have been anticipating this game,and I do not want to put my PS2's life in jeopardy.
Wait.

The Wii is getting Guilty Gear?! ARGH! Now I'm freakin' livid!

Why can't they just freakin' localize Guilty Gear X2 Slash for PS2?!

Anyway. Back to the topic at hand.

Like Eternal Phoenix Fire, I'm a big fan of fighting games. FPS's are all well and fine, but they just don't do it to me. However, I do have the system that likes to make big sales out of 'em: The 360. I really enjoy the 360, but I feel cheated sometimes because of the narrow selection. If anything, however, I am patient. The 360 does have a stellar line-up of games on the horizon. Blue Dragon looks pretty cool and is probably the first "true" rpg on the system (I'm looking forward to that one). Halo 3 looks incredible (yes, it is a shooter but it is one for me to get excited over. If they can revamp multiplayer, I say that it could be one of the best games of all time). Mass Effect looks awesome, too. These are just a couple of examples, mind. There's plenty more to be had if you know where to look.

The Xbox does need some good fighting games, **** it (aside from DOA and Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting). I know that the one game that I'll be picking up soon is the Guilty Gear X2 #Reload for the original Xbox. Microsoft finally wised up and is allowing people to go through the process of making their old Xbox games backwards compatible via Xbox Live. I am in desperate need of a Guilty Gear fix. Lol. I haven't played in almost a year because my copy of Guilty Gear X2: The Midnight Carnival is still in Florida (oh. In case you were wondering, I have a PS2 as well. Lol).

Smooth Criminal

Sensai

Smash Master
Cashed: the 360's future (mainly Bioshock, actually) is what's making me look into the system. Word on the street is the quiter whatever-the-hell's-loud-about-it will be coming sometime around the end of summer, so I might wait 'til then.

GAW beat me to the main news, but I'm going to throw in my two cents:

Disaster: Day of Crisis - 2007 : We've seen like...3 seconds of gameplay and one screenshot, but we're expected to believe that we're getting this? Ya think this has something to do with Nintendo's recent aquirement of Monolith Soft (the developers)? Maybe Nintendo gave 'em the backhand and told them to speed it up?

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. - 2007 : Just like Disaster, actually, except minus the screenshot. It was playable at E3 (when it was revealed) but has dissapeared since (kinda like Sadness and Nibris, which I'll talk about in a few moments). Matt Cassamassina seems to think that we'll be getting more information soon, saying that Nintendo should be throwing us all a bone sometime soon concerning first-party games. It's in the mailbag if you wanna read it, I'm not gonna link it.

Wii Music - 2007 : JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN. You have no idea how much I want this, and I have no idea why I'm so excited; I don't even like rhythm games.

Battalion Wars II - 2007 : This game seemed near completion when Nintendo showed it off in the beginning. Matt Cassamassina even took it for a run-through, saying it felt pretty good (video from long time ago). We haven't seen much of ANYTHING since, though...

Mario Strikers Charged - 2007 : This is allegedly coming out this (!) month in Europe, on the 11th. Why is it we have YET to have a release date for it? I really hope Nintendo's just like 'it's coming out TOMORROW!'

Super Mario Galaxy ; Super Smash Bros. Brawl ; Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 2007The big three that we've all been waiting for...I still have doubts. My reasoning is simple, actually: they have 8 months to release all these games. Since there hasn't been any information concerning any of them since GDC, I believe it's safe to say that they won't be out within the next 2 months (Nintendo's gonna wanna build them up). That leaves 6 months (July-December) for their three megaton hits. Assuming they don't wanna canabalize on sales, they're going to have to split them up...which leads me to believe that at least one (I'm betting two, personally) will be pushed back. My guess to the delay and which game will be getting it is really just common sense; MP3 will be pushed back to late Q1 next year (maybe Q2) and Brawl will be pushed back to the 'o8 holidays. Miyamoto said that Galaxy will be out this year and since he's a man of honor, I'm one to believe him. Even if he has to kick *** and take names (Reggie-style), he'll make it come out this year. Even at the cost of the other two.

--------------------------

On to other news. To start things out, a quote:
Matt Cassamassina said:
We've been getting early word that we're going to be hearing more about Nintendo's lineup shortly and I think H.A.M.M.E.R. will be included.
See? The quote I talked about earlier. Moving on...

For anyone terribly TERRIBLY excited about Opoona, the official website opened today. It's all kinda Japanese, but you can figure it out.
http://www.opoona.com/index2.htm

And now for the thing that I'm most psyched about: Sadness and Nibris's existance. New gameplay details/new 'concept art'.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/05/01/actual-details-on-sadness/
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/04/30/new-sadness-artwork-is-not-screenshots/

I really REALLY want that game. I'm not sure why, but it just feels like the Wii could use a darker themed game, and that whole 'near sanity's end' thing really gets me excited.

/end

[Edit:]

Oh, and some Manhunt II screens for you bloodier, more homicidal people.
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/883/883115/imgs_1.html

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
You know, the probability that Brawl/Galaxy/MP3 will all come out this year is nothing short of zero. In fact, if I were a betting man (and you can quote me on this when they come out), I'd bet that 1, if not 2 of those games are going to be delayed into 2008.

IGN Matt said:
Nintendo has historically shied away from releasing too many major games during a single year and as a result fans have become accustomed to bracing themselves for software delays. Beyond the second quarter, though, this year's Wii release schedule is anybody's guess and there is now real hope that the company could actually debut many of its biggest games before the holiday season.

While PlayStation 3 may not yet be a threat to Wii, Xbox 360 sales are continuing at a steady pace with no visible signs of slowing. . .

. . .For now, the release schedule is not speculation, but truth - at least overseas. What remains to be seen is whether or not Nintendo will stick to the schedule or delay one or more projects to next year. If it does indeed move ahead as currently planned, 2007 may prove to be one of the biggest years in company history.
I'm not convinced. There's a huge bunch of reasons to believe that Nintendo WILL release Brawl/Galaxy/MP3 in 2007 (a giant push for the Wii in the face of increasing 360 prevalence; all 3 games have historically came out either in the US first or simultaneously with Japan; all 3 games have been in development for quite a while). But. . .when has Nintendo EVER been punctual with their games?

I still remember the whole delay debacle with Zelda TP. I'm almost certain it'll happen with Brawl and MP3.

BTW, the 360 is looking more attractive, mostly because of Rainbow 6 Vegas, Too Human and DMC4. If only it were smaller, quieter, and didn't crash. . .

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
ikt already DID happen with brawl. Remember how it was supposed to be a launch title? There's your one year delay for you.

I'm pretyt sure the same goes for MP3, though I might recall wrong, I think Galaxy was the only one never listed for launch.

Sensai

Smash Master
You've got them switched around, ChRed. MP3 was officially slated for launch, where as Brawl was just kinda hinted at it.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Haha, you will never be able to record game footage directly through the USB ports. As cool as that'd be, it'll never happen.

Sensai

Smash Master
Is that because of Nintendo, or is that because it's just not technically possible at this point and time?

Sorry, I'm a technical idiot.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Too complicated for the Wii. Transferring all the video over a USB connection and writing all the data onto a device? That would be an assload of information.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Volrec-if you have a laptop, or a desktop near the wii, just buy a capture device for like $20.

also, thanks for the catch sensai, knew it was one or the other.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Don't expect anything much out of E3 this year. Remember, it's massively downscaled and isn't until July.
I just read that Nintendo, Sony, and M$ are only getting 20x20ft. booths.

Also, when might more information be released if not E3?

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh, I knew someone had said something about E3...I just missed it.

E3's no longer the consumer-crazy spectacle it used to be, meaning it will be more focused on the business side of things. In all honesty, though, I'm still expecting information about Brawl to come out during E3. It's the first mini-E3, so it's going to be somewhat like the original one in some areas, and since Nintendo missed GDC, they're probably just ITCHING to give us some information.

ITCHING I say!

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Haha, Sensai, I hope they are itching, as I am itching with information withdrawal. Nintendo needs to release some information to stun the masses with Smash, Metroid, and Galaxy's (hopefully) perfected gameplay and art. I think, despite the scale-down, E3 will still be a general time for releasing information - The majority of the people who "participated" were sitting at home watching videos and refreshing news pages anyway.

Sensai

Smash Master
Since I'm always reporting the news/speculation/etc, I suppose I need to mention this:

New Smash Bros. Character next month
http://smashbrossource.com/?p=31

Y'see, the reason I didn't report this earlier (today; didn't know this site existed) is because I'm not sure of it's authenticity. I guess I'll let you guys decide.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt its true, if any character were to be revealed, it would be by a trailer, the official site or a new trailer, I doubt this is true, but u can never know, heres hopin it is XD...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah... I dunno Sensai. I thought that somebody here had already translated that and it said nothing of the sort.

I could be wrong though.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Since I'm always reporting the news/speculation/etc, I suppose I need to mention this:

New Smash Bros. Character next month
http://smashbrossource.com/?p=31

Y'see, the reason I didn't report this earlier (today; didn't know this site existed) is because I'm not sure of it's authenticity. I guess I'll let you guys decide.
Too be completely honest, my heart stopped for a second when i read this.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
According to jeux-france the rumor is that there's going to be a new character and a new trailer next month. however, this was reported at the end of april, so that means this month.

who knows?

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Listened to the most recent wii-k in review and they talk about going to 3 events for sega, ubisoft, and ea, they said they couldn't really disclose too much info about them but its obviously this month and its having to do with the wii, so maybe some more news on games that they see there will come out this month.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^Jeah, I heard about that man.^^^

And Mic, have you checked SamuraiPanda's new thread? He says something about this also...given, you might've already closed it due to its inaccuracy.

Dunno. I'm just the messenger.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If by new you mean today, i don't know, haven't seen the rbawl rooms yet today. if you mean a day or 2 ago, it's about a real radio show.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
For you GGXX fans, it's been double-confirmed for the Wii--we now know with complete certainty that it's coming to the Wii, slated for release on 7/26. . .which is quite soon, really.

The good news is that the fighter is Classic Controller compatible, which is good, given that GC controllers or Wii controllers would feel weird with a traditional 2D fighter. The bad news is that ArcSys is actually adding in a Wii-remote control scheme--but the good news is, no one cares.

Control scheme for GGXX^C

Things are looking up with this and Brawl on the horizon.

Sensai

Smash Master
Honestly dunno what I meant when I say 'new', sorry. It's 'newer', meaning in the past week. Sorry, as that probably doesn't help.

And don't worry about the Brawl rooms. It seems like I'm on there all the time anyways (because I love talking to dumb people who have no basis in fact), so I'll keep it locked down for ya. :-D

Soul Caliber Legends is going to be a Wii exclusive. It's NOT a fighter; it's some type of action-adventure thing.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/05/09/confirmed-soul-calibur-legends-coming/

Lots of rumors...not any that I think are more then just simple desire, so I'm not gonna post any.

Top Bottom