• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Sensai

Smash Master
Double pwned.

I still think it's unrealistic to want us to switch from topic to topic to discuss a game that we're going to talk about for a page or so. But, then again, this is why you guys are the mods and not I.

Anyone get any of the VC games today?

Gradius 3 - SNES - 800 Points
Return again as pilot of the Vic Viper starfighter to battle the onslaughts of the Bacterion Empire.

Wonder Boy in Monster World - Genesis - 800 Points
Monster World was once a peaceful region. Then, the peace was shattered by an invading army of monsters. A young man named Shion vowed to defeat them and make his land peaceful again.

Battle Lode Runner - TG16 - 600 Points
This upgraded edition to the famous Lode Runner series includes a 5-player versus mode. Gold funds have been stolen from the Time Machine Research Center, and the group responsible used a time machine to escape and hide the gold throughout time. The center sends an elite team of “Runners” to go and retrieve the gold.

I don't think I'll be picking any up today...oh well. I'm still waiting for ActRaiser, which Europe got a few weeks ago. Where is it, NOA?

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Amazing....

Since most people congregate here concerning Wii issues (it is titled 'Wii', y'know), I'm going to try to give them as much information as I can on things that concern to it.

Sensai said:
I still think it's unrealistic to want us to switch from topic to topic to discuss a game that we're going to talk about for a page or so.
[Edit:]

Are we able to talk about upcoming games, here? Don't take that away from me...:-(

If we are, then I've found a pretty interesting video concerning Mario Strikers Charged. It's pretty much the same ol' stuff...Mario, soccer (football to anyone who doesn't live in the US)...but wait, what's this? Online details? HUZZAH!

It's going to use a friend code seperate from the one given to the system, but it seems that you're going to be registering your Mii to serve as an avatar for your FC. 'Your profile' as the guy puts it. This guy shows us the process of loading up a Mii. Seems easy enough; choose a Mii, it'll show you your records, and then you'll login. Best of all, that process doesn't take forever. Seems like Nintendo might be doing something right.

Actually...this is lookin' kinda cool and getting me excited. The guy also talks about a season that's going to consist of three months. Um...you can tell how many of your friends are online (shows it onscreen), but it doesn't look like you can distinguish specifically between them...

'Striker of the Day' is some type of recognition thing for the person who garners the most ranking points of the day. Seems like if you're the SOTD, a picture of your Mii's face will be present to everyone who logs in to play online. A good start. Past that, it looks as if we'll be able to tell where we stand in the rankings, not just who's the best for the day. Oh, wait...later in the interview he mentions that it's refreshed by the minute...meaning, it's more like 'Striker of the Minute.' Oh well. Still neat...

Friends List is easily pulled up. It's just a button that you click, and it shows you your friends, their ranks, etc...

Ranked games are done in a match-making type of way. Like the DS, it seems. Sounds fine to me. You get points regardless of if you win or lose these matches; you're encouraged to play. Unranked games seem to be a little more crazy, as you'll be able to bring items and custom rules with you. He later shows what this means, and it means that you can set up if it's done by goals or by minutes, how many players, the series length, the skill level...ah, here's why it's unranked: you can play using 'cheats'. Power up cheats, environment cheats, and player cheats...I have no idea what any of that means at all. Eh...not so much a fan, but ok. UNLIKE the DS, if you disconnect, you get a loss. Thank GOD. Finally, not having to put up with thousands upon thousands of droppers.

Cool...easily accessed leaderboards...

It shows the guys launch up an unranked 2v2 game, and shows them go through the rules. I've already documented that stuff earlier. This is what I find interesting and worth of it's own paragraph: he sends an invite to his online friend. Is this like...a IM, or is it closer to a message using the Wii mail? If it's the first, great, but if it's the second, it'll take forever to get it (note: he sends it, and the other guy is in the game in about 30 seconds...that's good, so far as I'm concerned)...also, it doesn't look like you can send it to someone who's busy playing a game. When you're in the lobby (yes, there's a lobby), you can pull up your Friends List and it'll show the status of your friends, one being 'Busy', another being 'Offline' and the third being 'Online.'

Looks like you can't have 2 Miis online at once. Meaning, if GAW is at my house, we have to use either his Mii or my Mii, not both.

From the 10 seconds or so of actual online gameplay they had, it didn't seem like they lagged. But hey, who knows...

Alright. That's all I got. Here's the link to the video if you REALLY wanna look at it. It's quite long (upwards of 30 minutes), with only the last littlbe bit being about online gameplay.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/super-mari...mario-strikers-charged-online-play-254670.php

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I finally had a go at a Wii two days ago, because i have not yet bought one and my friend has. I only played Wii Sports and Wario Ware, but i ****ing loved it. I'm gonna start saving up for one soon, even though they're still pretty hard to get hold of over here.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I finally had a go at a Wii two days ago, because i have not yet bought one and my friend has. I only played Wii Sports and Wario Ware, but i ****ing loved it. I'm gonna start saving up for one soon, even though they're still pretty hard to get hold of over here.
LIMEY !

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can get a hold of a Wii easily, but it costs $500 so there's no way in hell that is worth it, Xbox 360 is a little over $1000 [probably $1200] and PS3 is like $1500. I laughed when I saw the price, anyone who bought those for that price must either be rich, or really, really, really desparate.

My mom said she'd get me one is September depending on how well I do. the only problem I have that September is the end of the vacation and the begining of my final semester so either way I'm screwed.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Let The Heavens Rejoice

All I can say is. . .we didn't believe. We were too skeptic. And we were bloody wrong. Look and see for yourself:

Guilty Gear XX^C really IS coming to Wii after all

So. . .the rumor originally reported by Gamefly, which panned out to be false, just panned out to be true. Wow. So all you 2D fans rejoice; GGXX^C is coming to the Wii in all its Romantic gloriousness. Let's just hope that it's an arcade-perfect translation compatible with the classic controller, not like the botched DS version of GGXX.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

To add to that, there's been a Gundam FPS announced. Don't have the link, but you have my word.

Red Exodus, if I didn't know where you lived, I'd think you were getting the biggest rip-off ever...

For comparative purposes, what's an average hamburger down there cost?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Sensai, that is AMAZING news. Man, with all of the features you listed, I don't even care that we need FC's. I still have to watch the video though, I hope there is a good system to set up rules and stage etc.

Now I'm even more excited for Brawl.

EDIT: Refering to your super long post, of course.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
A hamburger.....? $9.00 is what my friend said rofl I can't believe that. Good thing I don't eat like a pig :urg:

Stryks

Smash Hero
I was just readin the tuesday topic - about pokemon revolution - on ign, and I agree, they should bring a version of a true pokemon game (not pkmn stadium like game) on a home console, I was actually thinking of something like this:

On one-player mode, U customize ur character to ur liking, from gender, to age (maybe not age, but I wouldnt want to look like a 10 year old :p), clothes and all of that stuff, and when u choose ur starter, this pkmnwill always be out of the pkball, kinda like a tribute to the series...

Once everything is set the character seeks pokemon, stops the evil Team, and goes on a defeats the elite four and so on, obcourse this will be diferent from other pokemon games, maybe during important scenes, like against legendary pokemon, the evil team, or talking with important characters during a cut scenes there will be voiceovers, and like in pkmn games, when u had to use surf, strenght and flash, the pokemon comes out and does the ability, in places like a cave, when using flash ur pokemon follows ur wherever u go, thus making it more awesome...

Thats not all, unlike in the handheld games, pokemon wont appear as often, cause in the handhelds is one thing, the fact that pkmn will appear over and opver and over in the handheld will piss off many, during battles, instead of the usual text, the character will shout out the move, and the pkmn will execute it, instead of the attack just missing, itd be cool if the oponent pkmn dodges the move or something, id like also if they lose the grounds of the pkmn, and if they would actually use voices like in the pkmn series...

now here comes my fav part, besides the traditional multiplayer, there will be the online mode, yes this sounds like the same but it isnt, in online mode u can use the pkmn from ur 1-p mode to fight other trainers around the world, but the trainers and including urself can explore the world, runescape style game, imagine ur on the road on ur bicycle when on the road ahead u c a trainer, u stop, ask him/her for a battle, and if he/she acepts ull duke it out, also trainers that are going trough the same route can actually c u 2 fighting, which will make it a tad cooler...

well thats my idea anyway, im sure u guys must have tough of this sooner or l8r :p

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I was just readin the tuesday topic - about pokemon revolution - on ign, and I agree, they should bring a version of a true pokemon game (not pkmn stadium like game) on a home console, I was actually thinking of something like this:

On one-player mode, U customize ur character to ur liking, from gender, to age (maybe not age, but I wouldnt want to look like a 10 year old :p), clothes and all of that stuff, and when u choose ur starter, this pkmnwill always be out of the pkball, kinda like a tribute to the series...

Once everything is set the character seeks pokemon, stops the evil Team, and goes on a defeats the elite four and so on, obcourse this will be diferent from other pokemon games, maybe during important scenes, like against legendary pokemon, the evil team, or talking with important characters during a cut scenes there will be voiceovers, and like in pkmn games, when u had to use surf, strenght and flash, the pokemon comes out and does the ability, in places like a cave, when using flash ur pokemon follows ur wherever u go, thus making it more awesome...

Thats not all, unlike in the handheld games, pokemon wont appear as often, cause in the handhelds is one thing, the fact that pkmn will appear over and opver and over in the handheld will piss off many, during battles, instead of the usual text, the character will shout out the move, and the pkmn will execute it, instead of the attack just missing, itd be cool if the oponent pkmn dodges the move or something, id like also if they lose the grounds of the pkmn, and if they would actually use voices like in the pkmn series...

now here comes my fav part, besides the traditional multiplayer, there will be the online mode, yes this sounds like the same but it isnt, in online mode u can use the pkmn from ur 1-p mode to fight other trainers around the world, but the trainers and including urself can explore the world, runescape style game, imagine ur on the road on ur bicycle when on the road ahead u c a trainer, u stop, ask him/her for a battle, and if he/she acepts ull duke it out, also trainers that are going trough the same route can actually c u 2 fighting, which will make it a tad cooler...

well thats my idea anyway, im sure u guys must have tough of this sooner or l8r :p

I think you meant...

fixed...painfully said:
I was just readin' the Tuesday topic about Pokemon Revolution on IGN, and I agree: they should bring a version of a true Pokemon game (not a Pokemon Stadium-like game) on a home console. I was actually thinking of something like this:

On one-player mode, you customize your character to your liking; from gender, to age (maybe not age, but I wouldn't want to look like a ten-year-old :p), to clothes and all of that stuff. Also, when you choose your starter Pokemon, it should always be out of the Pokeball - kind of a tribute to the series.

Once everything is set the character seeks Pokemon, stops the evil Team, and goes on to defeats the elite four and so on. Of course, this would be different from other Pokemon games: maybe during important scenes, such as when fighting against Legendary Pokemon, fighting the evil team, or talking with important characters during a cut scenes there could be voiceovers. Also, when you have to use surf, strength, and flash, like in the other games, the Pokemon actually comes out and does the ability - For instance in places like a cave where you need to use Flash, your Pokemon follows you wherever you go, thus making it more awesome.

I'm not done yet...Unlike in the hand-held games, Pokemon shouldn't appear as often, 'cause it would be more annoying in the console-version of the game, since during battles, instead of the usual text, the character should shout out moves for the Pokemon to execute. Also, instead of the attack just missing, it'd be cool if your opponent dodged the move., I'd also like it if when they lose the grounds of the Pokemon, they would actually use voices like in the series.

Now here comes my favorite part: besides the traditional multiplayer, there should be an online mode. Yes this sounds like the same but it isn't, since in online mode you can use the Pokemon from your single player file to fight other trainers around the world in an MMORPG-style game in which you can fight other trainers that you see exploring. Imagine you're on the road riding your bicycle when you see another trainer infront of you. You could challenge the trainer to a match, and other people could even watch as you fought each other.

... Well those are my ideas, anyway; I'm sure you guys must have tough of this sooner or later :p

You'll notice I removed the Runescape comment because Runescape is an abomination, but making Pokemon into an MMORPG isn't the worst idea I've ever heard. However, if when someone was challenged, the battle took place then and there, for all to watch, the game world would be very clogged up with battles almost all the time - they'd need to instance it.

... Not that I even like Pokemon.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
^^ lololol at your sig. So many foxes/falcos have hated my Doc's cape... aka the whole state of CT pretty much.

Anyways, I was watching the Pokemon video and it looks pretty decent even though I haven't played a pokemon game since like Silver version. Resident Evil for the Wii is also looking pretty good... the Wii is finally starting to make some good games.

I know I should post this in the SPM section... but, do you think that SPM has replay value on it... or no...tell me if you've beaten the game or not please?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^Yes. There are cards to collect that double damage, recepe books to fill, treasure maps to follow, and many things to buy.

The game lets you keep playing after you beat the boss.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yea i forgot about Paper Mario and i want to rent it soon (right now i have mario kart double dash) and Super Mario Galaxy looks fun as hell and i rent Metroid Prime 2 for the GC a couple weeks ago and i can honestly say it sucked....
Am I the only one here who liked MP 2 as much as the original=? Lol, it was a exellent game, and one of the best on the GCN. Even if MP 2 is somewat a recylced game, the new stuff added is phenominal. MP 3 looks better than all the Metroid games combined in my eyes, and hopefully it has online for it, since it got delayed from 2nd Q 2007 to some other time. Hopefully if MP 3 has online, it is as good if not better than MP Hunters online=awsome!

You'll notice I removed the Runescape comment because Runescape is an abomination, but making Pokemon into an MMORPG isn't the worst idea I've ever heard. However, if when someone was challenged, the battle took place then and there, for all to watch, the game world would be very clogged up with battles almost all the time - they'd need to instance it.

... Not that I even like Pokemon
I actually like the idea, even if I havn't played Pokemon since Crystal, Gold, and Silver Version. Saying it is stupid is well...not very smart. Also isn't runescape one of the biggest MMORPG's out there=? I think he was trying to get the point across, plus Runescape from what I've heard is it is played by tons of people everyday, even in the 100 thousands. Need I continue on this matter=?

I think wat Stryks meant is when you enter battle with someone it goes to the classic RPG Pokemon style vs. a typical MMORPG style. I think the MMORPG look for Pokemon would be pretty neat, and would defintely add some fun to the game, with Pokemon still remaining with it's usual RPG elements, that is.

^^ lololol at your sig. So many foxes/falcos have hated my Doc's cape... aka the whole state of CT pretty much.

Anyways, I was watching the Pokemon video and it looks pretty decent even though I haven't played a pokemon game since like Silver version. Resident Evil for the Wii is also looking pretty good... the Wii is finally starting to make some good games.

I know I should post this in the SPM section... but, do you think that SPM has replay value on it... or no...tell me if you've beaten the game or not please?
Ya the online capabilities are amazing for a handheld, let alone Pokemon. I saw a stat (reliable one) that Pokemon Pearl and Diamond have sold over 5 million units in Japan alone, making it the best selling Pokemon game in Japan. RE4 for the Wii looks awsome=better than the GCN version.

But all the Wii woud ever need right now is Twilight Princess=beyond amazing! The Prince of Persia game for the Wii looks pretty good too, even if I'm not a Prince of Persia fan. The list goes on and on about good games getting added, and hopefully it stays the same of good games coming in to the Wii, if not rising.

The replay value isn't much for SPM, or so I've heard. I have it, but i'm only like 2/3rd's the way through it, and it is pretty amazing, as well as humorous. It isn't as much as a RPG as the last 2, but it is sorta a Paper Mario meets Super Mario Bros mix, if you get what I mean. It probably has average replay value, but from what I've played it is mad fun!

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh wow Volrec. I'm not sure I can ever look at you the same. Even though your signature made me laugh out loud, and you and GAW both did compliment me (which I appreciate). /bow

MP3 online hasn't been confirmed yet, but most people are just assuming that it will include it given the success of MPH:H. If it ends up like the Mario Strikers game, online speaking, it might actually end up being good...

Which brings me to a question: is Striker's online gameplay actually good, or are we all salivating because, as Nintendo fans, we haven't ever had anything like this before?

SPAWN, I think the replay value that might come from SPM is very similar to the replay value that comes with any Mario game, except maybe a little less so as it's so text-heavy.

I've had the idea of a Pokemon MMO since I learned what that meant and I still think it's a cool as hell idea. It'd have to be done right (seriously, name a turned based MMO that's decent), but I have faith that it could be done. Given, Nintendo doesn't have much experience (any?) at MMOs, so they'd have to group up with somebody else...or just get lucky the first time, heh. And I got Pearl the other day, and DAMMIT am I addicted.

RE4 for the Wii is a port of the GC version (graphically), with 16:9 and 480i supported, but it includes the extras from the PS2 version. And I'll probably be buying it again...for the 3rd time (got one for my girlfriend at that time too).

On completely unrelated, un-Nintendo news, Ken Kutaragi is retiring, effective June 19th. For those who don't know, he's the self proclaimed 'visionary,' dubbed the 'father of PlayStation.'

...he's also the guy that said the 'riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge racer!' thing.

Volrec

Smash Lord
The reason I hate Metroid Prime is because of the "leave you hanging" feature. Not enjoyable.

Multiplayer could be funner though, so eh.

And I had to get my signature removed because half of my warnings are signature violations.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Which brings me to a question: is Striker's online gameplay actually good, or are we all salivating because, as Nintendo fans, we haven't ever had anything like this before?
Exactly my thoughts. I think strikers online gameplay is really just decent, I mean, I still can't get over the friend codes thing. While it is a good step up for Nintendo, compared to Live, it's nothing.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
At least Striker's online sounds good, if Brawl is anything close to that it'll be amazing. I'd like to see how it handles but since the vid is more than 30 minutes long it'll take me around 1 hour to stream/dl it and I have like 5 minutes left to stay on PC so I'll check it out tomorrow.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
RE4 for the Wii is a port of the GC version (graphically), with 16:9 and 480i supported, but it includes the extras from the PS2 version. And I'll probably be buying it again...for the 3rd time (got one for my girlfriend at that time too).
Actually, there are slight differences that give the Wii graphics an edge, but they're very small

comparison shots between all three gameshttp://www.ngcfrance.com/news.php?operande=0&idx=7353&r=1

the easiest difference to spot is Leon's hair. after that, the Wii's graphics are noticably darker, and the ground is a bet more detailed.

Nothing groundbreaking though. Just the controls, which everyon who's played it apparently loves.

edit: The only online gaming I'm worrie about id for brawl. SSBM requires very precise timing, and any lag at all will be very bad for competative level game play. I don't want to see brawl online turned into a "Items on, just-have-fun" game. If there's a little lag we can deal with it, but any more, which is likely since the majority of us are using wireless, and the game will lose it's edge.

It'll still be awesome offline though.

Sensai

Smash Master
RWii4 (oh I'm so AWESOME!) looks to be darker...which is good, honestly, 'cause it needs that at this time.

Look-ee here...

'Honestly, your guess is as good as mine right now because Corruption has jumped all over the place. It was a scheduled launch title - officially. Not just a rumor. Retro Studios told us in an interview that Prime 3 would launch with Wii, period. Then it got delayed into 2007 and since then I've heard everything from "it's coming sooner than you think" to "I wouldn't expect it until next year." What I can tell you now is that we're going to be learning more about the title in the coming month and I expect we'll get a good, firm release date at this time. Stay tuned for more. Since this is one of my most anticipated games, I will definitely be all over any developments.

-- Matt [Cassamassina]'

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
the first one's old but still funny.

the second one looks kickass

and good to hear we'll be getting official word on MP3 soon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
MP3 online hasn't been confirmed yet, but most people are just assuming that it will include it given the success of MPH:H.
They said they weren't going to have any multiplayer due to the "flop" of MP2's Multi. Some people actually rated it down because of the multiplayer. :(

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah, I could do without multi. They'd have to turn off the lockon feature, and then it would basically be a slightly bad FPS with wii controls. Part of the reason MPH was such a succcess was because of the seven hunters and diversity of weapons. SOrry, but if it's just another boring FPS with only samus and her weapons, I could do without it. If they delayed it for that, I'd be very annoyed. Online additional content like areas, maybe weapons, and suits? Sweet. Online, boring FPS with friend codes? q-(-_-)-p Give me RS2 with updated graphics, controls, and multiplayer, and I'll have a fun RPS online.

Sensai

Smash Master
Interesting Mic, hadn't heard it like that. I'd heard that they were trying to make MP3 'perfect in every way' due to dissapointing sales for MP2. What you say makes a lot of sense, though...

Ok, news:

Nintendo has 45 games in development for the Wii. 79 for DS. The next batch of games will be introduced at the end of summer, according to Nintendo. Here's hoping to it NOT being only minigames...
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=conewsstory&refer=conews&tkr=NTDOY:US&sid=aXvRwZ3iOQw4

Monolith Soft (maker of RPG series Xenosaga/Baten Kaitos. Currently doing Disaster: Day of Crisis) is now Nintend-owned. They now own 80% of the company's stock. Decent story-driven RPGs in Nintendo's future? I can only pray...
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/27/xenosaga-dev-studio-bought-by-nintendo/

And now, the biggest to us (yet the SMALLEST 'news') today: Kojima thinks that Brawl 'already feels very complete.'
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/04/27/kojima-brawl-is-very-complete/

SO FARKIN' RELEASE IT!

Stryks

Smash Hero
God that part about Kojima is pretty toturing, saying its good and all, god I want that game...

Anyway, new mario strikers screenshots, including of how to choose ur oponents and all in online mode, and also DK bongo blast is now called DK jet, theres are now screenshots, all of this in wii.ign.com

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I think they might have just set up a match for him ahead of time. I'm sure though the mechanics of the game may be complete, there may be additional stages/chars/items to refine, and don't forget that they said single player would be much more in depth this time around. Kojima didn't play that or any other extra modes(like stadium) they have planned.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I was thinking the same thing but I didn't bother to post it and ruin the hype. They might still have to work on online, single player, stages, characters and fine touches.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Clearly I thought the same thing, but that's not exactly what I was talking about (I assume this is talking about Mario Strikers Charged online response time? If not, please ignore).

I was just looking for the connection time, not the actual 'let's see how long we're gonna wait for random matches' aspect. I assume that the latter won't be all that much longer, as they're going to be 65.1 billion people who buy the game (that exact number, mind you). I was more interested in seeing how long it took to actually get things rolling once someone was found to play against.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
As a major Live gamer, Striker's online is a step in the right direction, but the friend code bit turns me off completely. And Sensai, I believe he was talking about Brawl, not Strikers.

Oh and the internet browser, while needing some fixes still, is really nice right now. I got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday and it's very nice to browse the web from my bed.

Top Bottom