• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yay, posting from the Wii. Like Cashed said it would be so much better with a keyboard, but I personally prefer browsing from my couch.us The only things I can't watch are streamed mpeg files. Overall, I love using the Wii browser.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah its way easier to read the text (posting from my wii rite now :p) and watching videos on youtube is way better now too, still it sucks that I cant hear the music from my myspace, need the newer flash version...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It should. But the Wii currently has no USB support other than the ethernet adapter.
I know and I agree it should work with a keyboard. I got my Wii Internet up (finally!) 6 dayss ago, and swinging around and typing on the Board hurts your arms are exhausted.

A keyboard and mouse would be nice, as oppose to swinging the Wiimote around to go from site to site, and typing with that thing! Since the Wii Internet Channel is currently only a trial version, hopefully in the full version Nintendo actually adds that.

Other than that, I'm happy with the Wii, and the Internet on it runs only a tad bit slower than my actually computer, lol! Just needs a small bit of tunning, and it will be a lot better! :)

Sensai

Smash Master
I can see the point of a keyboard, but a mouse? Just seems a little...asanine.

And Chip, of course I remember you. You've been missed. I think I'm the only one who still visits this thread that was here a while ago...

[Edit:]

Looking through Kotaku. It's so much better and so much more in-depth then Joystiq...might be switching over. Or starting to peruse both, haha.

Anyways, here's some news that I missed, and you might've also:

Manhunt 2 trailer (I had heard about it, but here it is). Game looks freaky as all get out.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/manhunt-2/clip-new-manhunt-2-trailer-252072.php

Harvest Moon Wii got a date in Japan: June 7th. Who knows when it'll get here...and who knows if anyone really cares.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/harvest-moon-wii-dated-for-japan-252011.php

Red Exodus

Smash Master
In order to use the CC [classic controller] do you have to have a wiimote attached to it? If so that is the most ******** thing for this generation. Bar none.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's stupid because you have to buy another wiimote + nuchuk combo [buying just the wiimote is probably a bad idea] and then buy a CC which is near $100, no one I know is gonna to want to play anything that uses motion sensing [but then again hardly any good mutliplayer games are out] so that'll be $60 going to waste.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Wiimotes are your controller ports. I don't see why that's so ********.

It'll be great with Guitar Hero, I think. If it plugs into the bottom of your Wiimote, you just stick the wiimote in your pocket, and rock out with the Guitar.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Wiimotes are your controller ports. I don't see why that's so ********.

It'll be great with Guitar Hero, I think. If it plugs into the bottom of your Wiimote, you just stick the wiimote in your pocket, and rock out with the Guitar.
Yea, but the guitar must drain batterypower from the Wiimote which could have been avoided by making the guitar have its own batteries.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeeze, GAW. You always beat me with the big news 'cause I'm off at school, learning. /sigh

It, being GH3, will also be online and feature downloadable songs.

Virtual Console titles today are as follows:

Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (NES, 1 player, 500 points)
Bonk's Revenge (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 points)
Virtua Fighter 2 (Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 points)

Here's a funny comic I found...pretty funny, if I say so meself:
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/070415.jpg

Also: the next Fire Emblem game will probably have online. Online battles, downloadable characters and items, new maps...
http://wii.ign.com/articles/780/780801p1.html

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
http://wii.ign.com/articles/780/780807p1.html

Guitar Hero 3 Wii will use a guitar similar to what we've seen before.
That's nice and all, but you're neglecting a much more substantial fact in that article:

IGN.com said:
[Kai Huang] also confirmed that Guitar Hero III on Wii contains features included in other versions of the upcoming game - such as online play and downloadable music.
It would appear good online features are possible on Wii.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
It's stupid because you have to buy another wiimote + nuchuk combo [buying just the wiimote is probably a bad idea] and then buy a CC which is near $100, no one I know is gonna to want to play anything that uses motion sensing [but then again hardly any good mutliplayer games are out] so that'll be $60 going to waste.
ummm...or you could just plug it into the wiimote that comes with the console.

Plus, i highly doubt you would only have multiplayer games that used the CC. You'd probably want at least a second controller anyways.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
ummm...or you could just plug it into the wiimote that comes with the console.

Plus, i highly doubt you would only have multiplayer games that used the CC. You'd probably want at least a second controller anyways.
Exactly. If you have friends to play brawl multiplayer with, it is probably worth it to get the controllers for other games anyways. If not, just plug it into the controller that came with Wii.

And why the hell would somebody have to buy a wiimote and nunchuck for a CC Red Exodus?

I can't understand that.

And Sensai, the reason I'm still home that early is because I work out in the morning, and I have gym first period. I worked it out with my counsler that I don't have to take gym except for Swimming and Health portions etc. Thing is, half the time I don't go to work out, and nobody ever finds out!:)

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm not a huge Guitar Hero guy...

Which guitars are used for which versions? I know that I could just as easily peruse Wikipedia, but it's just as easy to ask fellow Wii owners (and/or other gamers) the same question and possibly encourage more conversation along these lines.

[Edit:]

And I don't see the Wii as a Les Paul. Les Paul, to me, seems more refined and perfected, sleek, with a sexy build.

In all honesty, I see the PS3 as being a Les Paul...Wii's something a little more ambitious...Flying V might hit that on the head...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Were the GH1 and GH2 controllers different models (For PS2)? I know GH2 for PS2 was the Les Paul SG. Xbox 360 got the X-Plorer (only fitting, Xbox, X-Plorer).

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I think so Cashed, but if it's really bothering you, just check RedOctanes online store.

TGM

Smash Lord
In order to use the CC [classic controller] do you have to have a wiimote attached to it? If so that is the most ******** thing for this generation. Bar none.

if you dont like it, dont get it.

I generaly disliek GH games...........but since this is online and its actualy going to a system i own, i might give it a shot.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I bet any amount of money that Guitar Hero Wii is gonna have a Les Paul. When I play Guitar Hero, I sit down while playing. The Les Paul is the perfect "Sit-Down-and-Play" shape. To what Cashed said earlier. Flying Vs are a pain in the *** to play in real life so I couldnt imagine playing a video game with it. However, whenever I play my Les Paul (while sitting down) it's never uncomfortable......so my point is that the next Guitar Hero controller should be a Les Paul.

(heh,heh. I know a lot about guitars. :))

Sensai

Smash Master
primusfan, I'll take that bet. All your money, actually...haha. I figure my odds are better then his, right?

It seems like Guitar Hero will become a yearly thing, according to the head of RedOctane (who's apparently going PR crazy....LOTS of GH news recently). I can't seem to find the link for it...just trust me on this one, cool?

And for those still excited about the Virtual Console (raises hand), here's some interesting news:

'IGN: When will we see Neo Geo games hit the VC, and what regions are going to be getting them first?

Herman: We're aiming for a worldwide release, so that it's available for all regions at once. As far as the date, we're looking to start releasing games around mid-summer of this year.'

This was taken from an interview on IGN. Here's the link:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/781/781316p1.html

Also, RE4 impressions from IGN seem to be positive. Link:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/780/780367p1.html

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, now, I'm confused.

In a Game Informer article, they say "Recently, the president of SNK revealed that Nintendo is restricting companies from adding online functionality to their Wii games - whether on the virtual console or regular retail titles - until after 2007."

With that being said, how can Guitar Hero III for the Wii have online?

I suppose the game could come out in 2008, but I've heard Q3 2007.

So yeah, something is wrong.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Okay, now, I'm confused.

In a Game Informer article, they say "Recently, the president of SNK revealed that Nintendo is restricting companies from adding online functionality to their Wii games - whether on the virtual console or regular retail titles - until after 2007."

With that being said, how can Guitar Hero III for the Wii have online?

I suppose the game could come out in 2008, but I've heard Q3 2007.

So yeah, something is wrong.

After 2007? That can't be right. There's plenty of third party games with online functionality set for release before 2008. I gotta say GI was wrong on that one.

Top Bottom