• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Sensai

Smash Master
AS, I wouldn't believe them...GameStop isn't exactly known for knowing their stuff. And that would mean that Mario Party 8 would have to come out within the next 2 months, which also doesn't look likely.

And Chill, I feel the same as you; I'm not so sure the game will ever see the light of day. And you're right, there were a good deal of games that looked cool just 'cause there was nothing else. But this game looks neat, as it has a kinda RE-where-everyone-loses feel to it.

I just hope it really is going to amount to something.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'm having a bit of difficulty...

I'm trying to watch a movie off of my SD card on the Photo CHannel, and it's not working.

I tried an .AVI file (which a GameFAQS FAQ said is supported) and that didn't work.
The Wii manual says that .MOV files will work.
So I found a version of the movie in .MOV format--still doesn't work.

I'm guessing that a .WMV won't work, either.

What the heck? Any ideas as to what is the problem?
Codecs .

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah...file type isn't the only thing that matters. encoding does as well. I'd check the nintedo website/manual, find out what codecs it takes, ad find something to re-encode(like ffmpegx, or i believe there's freeware on the apple website that coverts to Wii formats-not sure what you could use on a PC though).

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
what on earth is there to talk about. It's been out for quite a while, and basically all we could do is post our prediction accuracy. Which I'm too lazy to do.

On another note who has Super Paper Mario, and what do you think of it?

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^And we're supposed to talk about what here? Wii hardware?^^^

SPM is good, from what I've heard...

No one's talking about the Everybody Votes Channel because it's nothing big. It could've been something neat, but Nintendo didn't take full advantage of it (or hasn't yet, at least).

And as of this post, there's nothing to talk about news-wise...fairly boring day.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Spot on, Sensai. The purpose of this topic is to discuss Wii Hardware, Updates (such as Channels), what Nintendo is planning on doing with the Wii, etc.

Discussion about games goes in the game's topic. Not here.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
SPM is great. I highly reccomend it. Also, I suck at the everybody votes channel. I guess I don't know people as well as I thought I did. I have around 69% accuracy.

Sensai

Smash Master
I haven't look at the actual stats page since...well, ever, I guess.

Also, here's some news. Good news if you've been waiting for more information about the rumored Wii Health and the oft-mentioned Wii Music (used by Miyamoto to unveil the Wii at E3 oh-so-long ago).

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/11/greek-interview-reveals-new-wii-games-music-health-pack/

[Edit:]
Joystiq said:
In the four page interview with Greek news site Contra.gr, Katrinakis talks about Wii Music, a game that sounds remarkably similar to the conductor demo shown at last year's E3. In addition to the general Wii-remote-as-conductor's-baton control shown at the demo, Katrinakis reveals that Wii Music players will be able to take control of specific musicians and send saved compositions to other Wii users.

Katrinakis goes on to describe Health Pack, a Wii game that will lead the player in various exercises. Sounds kind of basic, until Katrinakis adds that the game will collect biometric data and send it to local hospitals (contracted by Nintendo) through a Wii channel. According to Katrinakis, this data will be processed by the hospital and sent back as a home check up a few hours later. No word on how the data will be collected or processed, but the idea sounds ambitious if nothing else.
Some actual information...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
The Health game sounds very interesting to me. I couldn't really care less about the music though, I have no musical talent whatsoever.

I think exercise is always more intersting when you can see data on what you've accomplished.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What comes with the Wii when you buy it? I know the nuchuka and wiimote are there but what about classic controllers?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You have to buy that seperatly. Basically, you get the Wii, R=1 Wiimote and nunchuk, sensorbar and cables and Wii Sports.

Sensai

Smash Master
Does anyone else's Wii have problems staying online? It always gives me the error code 52030.

And it's not the wireless channel...kinda. I know that's what causes that, and that's what it is now, but I'll change it and it'll work fine for a bit, but then it won't later.

What gives? Any idea? Or is there a number I can call? I've searched Nintendo's site a hundred times, but can't find a **** thing.

And I got Super Paper Mario. Impressions coming...sometime.

And Internet Channel: did they upgrade Flash?

Sandy

Smash Champion
My Wii freezes up. on certain sites.. But I don't have problem connecting to the Internet. Which is weird because the router is downstairs across the house.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah, news and speculation. (That's ok, right? I mean, there aren't designated topics for this, so I'm able to post here, yes? Don't wanna piss off the powers that be.)

Samba de Amigo, yes, that Dreamcast game, might be coming to Wii...?
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/04/12/samba-de-amigo-coming-to-wii/

No More Heroes online? If not, Suda's next project will be.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/04/12/no-more-heroes-could-be-offline-no-more/

I really REALLY want No More Heroes. Badly.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I want Powerstone to come to the Wii, that game with it. I can't wait till I get a Wii, I hope they come in different colours by then, then I'd get me a red one.

Red Exodus playing a red Wii with a red Mario. Ftw

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
And Internet Channel: did they upgrade Flash?
I believe they did, but it's still not the most recent version. I'd much rather fire up my PC and browse the internet on it than use the Internet Channel. It's still way too slow and too much crap doesn't work.

I

i8waffles612

Dang it. I thought maybe since they updated the Interent, I can play Linerider on the internet but it doesnt work ( for me )

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^Cashed^^^

That's entirely too bad about things still being slow. Ideally, it'd act as a third way to access the net, being placed lower on the grand scheme of things then my two computers.

I still got it, though. If anything, it looks better in the Channels Menu now.

And it took up a lot of space...

[Edit:]

I'm going to try to spark some conversation in this thread:

They've released everything they've announced at this point, save Miyamoto's Popularity Contest thing, which I don't think any of us are excited for.

What do you guys want to see? I'd love to see some kind of Demo Station, for either the Wii or the DS. Or maybe some way that we could exchange Friend Codes for games, assuming online ever actually happens.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Demo channel, that all Im asking for, I mean seriously I would KILL for a metroid prime 3 demo, he'll id be happy with a demo of the new harry potter game im THAT desperate lol...

Also tough the DS has like 4 MG I believe of internal memory, id like if they make some sort of attachment so u can insert sd cards in where the ds ga,es go, and thus u can download ds games and save them in the sd card, and thus u can play DS demos... or something...

Chip.

you know what to do
Hey everyone, this is Chip ^_^ in case any of you remember me from this thread.

So, what's been the main disscusion of talk lately? Did I miss anything important? If anyone remembers me from my last discussion of talk, a small summary would be MUCH appreciated.

kthnx

^_^

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Does anyone else's Wii have problems staying online? It always gives me the error code 52030.

And it's not the wireless channel...kinda. I know that's what causes that, and that's what it is now, but I'll change it and it'll work fine for a bit, but then it won't later.

What gives? Any idea? Or is there a number I can call? I've searched Nintendo's site a hundred times, but can't find a **** thing.

And I got Super Paper Mario. Impressions coming...sometime
Yup same thing's happening to me. In fact, I haven't even downloaded Opera yet because I haven't been able to connect to Wii shop. I've never had any problems before this.

And Super Paper Mario only gets better. Even in town there are tons of places to explore.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Rofl I saw something on TV where people were playing a Wii. One woman swung it and hit a table lol. One guy was spamming punches in Wii boxing and nearly tossed the controller in Wii tennis. It was pretty funny.

OMG! 1337th post! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

*clears throat* *walks away*

Sensai

Smash Master
GAW, I meant at all times. I'm sorry that this is a problem for you now, but I'm saying that it doesn't work every single time I repower up my system.

I'm leaving for a few days. I'm sure my presence will be missed.

Here's an ad for RE4 on the Wii. The control thing isn't all that comforting...to me, at least. Take a look. It loads as soon as the page loads; it's not YouTube or even something like that.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/20...lotting-to-steal-your-wig-wearing-girlfriend/

Also, new Umbrella Chronicles trailer. It's looking much much better then I was expecting the FPS to look, both graphically and gameplay wise.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/20...nicles-trailer-shows-off-more-of-the-mansion/

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
have you seen the capcom trailer? or is that it? THe one with the guy and girl and the "real-life" zombies? That was hilarious.

Also, why is it called Biohazard 4? Was that the PS2 version title or something(since this has all the extra's the PS2 got)?

Sensai

Smash Master
Joystiq had some hands on for Umbrella Chronicles.

Basically, they said it wasn't that good. Makes me a sad panda....very sad.

Biohazard = Japenese name for Resident Evil.

I

i8waffles612

Wait I am confused...are they making 2 Resident Evil Games for the Nintendo Wii.... Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicoles?

Chip.

you know what to do
Thanks for filling me in for any updates anyone. I really apreciate it..... a lot.....>_>

Does anyone remember me? Sensai, you?

That vid of RE4 was hilarious Lmfao. If Umbrella Chronicles I thought would be bad, it's a good thing that RE4 will be recreated with Wii controls. Didn't that control system look tight? That guy sucked at the game though :p, badly.

Man is anyone else angry that RE5 isn't for the Wii!? Man...

PS- I beat RE4 for in under 3 hours for my record. Can anyone beat that?

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Youtube and other video sites are better, though they can still crash on occasion. All I've ever had to do is just either leave and go back or go to menu and back. It's really great for a sit down with the family....or if you're hard of sight. I love the interface, but there are just a few things truly holding it back. Plus, you want to watch tv and type on your computer or do other things while on comp, which makes wii inconvenient. Still, really nice if you don't mind the few set-backs.
Edit: Wonder if this'll be the first time X-play will review a game 3 times...

Top Bottom