• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Sensai

Smash Master
I think I might have some potentially big/dissapointing news.

We'll start with the smaller (and less likely to hurt) news: Logitech has jumped on the bandwagon. They'll be making some peripherals for the Wii.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/04/20/logitech-and-nintendo-to-play-nice-peripherals-incoming/

Now, to the good, but possibly bad, news: Famitsu's got the scoop on the Japanese release dates for major Nintendo games for the rest of the year. Check it out:
Kotaku said:
July 2007: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Fuuketsu no Grimoire (NDS, Square Enix)
July 2007: MushiKing Super Collection (Wii, Sega)
July 2007: Wii Health Pack (Wii, Nintendo)
July 2007: Mario Party 8 (Wii, Nintendo)
August 2007: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (NDS, Square Enix)
October 2007: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii, Nintendo)
November 2007: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 (NDS, Nintendo)
November 2007: Dragon Quest IX (NDS, Square Enix)
December 2007: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii/NDS, Sega)
In late 2007: Wii with DVD playback (Nintendo)
2008: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom)
Notice any games missing? Any BIG ones?

No, this doesn't mean that they're not coming out, but the fact that they're not on the list is not comforting, at all. And where are HAMMER, Disaster, Wii Music, and BWii?

At the same time, however, I'm going to be enjoying some Galaxy. And FF:CC? Sha-weet.

[Edit:]

Check out this new clip for Dewy's Adventure:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/dewy.s-adventure/clip-dewys-adventure-253894.php

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude wheres metroid prime 3 and brawl?? **** I hope they forgot to add some games, or maybe its because they [the guys makin brawl and mp3] dont know when to release it yet...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
or maybe its because they [the guys makin brawl and mp3] dont know when to release it yet...

That's probably it.

And, am I the only one looking forward to Wii Health Pack alot? I hope it's not a game where you try and get the best fitness or w/e. I hope it's actually serious, physical conditioning with results displayed on screen.

Oh, and I hope it's not like:

"Do ten push-ups"
"Do ten curl-ups"

You teh winner!

It better offer harder excersices and stretches.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Brawl was pretty much a confirmed no-show for 07 when Prime wasn't set to ship before July. That means from August to December leaves them with five months left in the year. It's highly doubtful Nintendo will release Prime, Mario and Brawl in such quick succesion even if they are ready.

Where is the Wii version of Crystal Chronicles? Is what was said about Nintendo not allowing online for 07 true?

Mr.GAW think about what you're saying. Any real excercises wouldn't involve the Wii controller at all. If anything Wii Health would just be a place to record data, how much you've jogged or whatever. It's hard to imagine Wii Health being anything besides a downloadable channel.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I suppose you're right. I was imagining some kind of strap system but now I realize how unlikely and unpractical that would be.

TGM

Smash Lord
honestly, do any of u use the news and weather channel alot¿¿ the only 2 channels i really use is the vote and the internet channel. by the way, the new mii channel, will it be new or is it an update to the current mii channel¿¿¿¿

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
honestly, do any of u use the news and weather channel alot¿¿ the only 2 channels i really use is the vote and the internet channel. by the way, the new mii channel, will it be new or is it an update to the current mii channel¿¿¿¿

Hellz yeah. My dad always steals the newspaper in the morning, and i hate all the little specials and talks and stuff you have to wait though on the weather channel.

I

i8waffles612

Lol i was just looking at some of the first posts for this thread, which were in 2005, and how everyone is wondering about the Wii and excited about playing it.... well anyways I cant wait for some new games to come out for the wii such as

-SSBB
-Resident Evil 4
-Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
-MySims (hopefully online)
-Fire Emblem
-SpiderMan 3
-Mario and Sonic at the Olympics???
-Mario Strikers Charged
-Scarface (yay coming out June 12, my b-day)
-Manhunt 2 ( the Wii needs more blood,gore and violence)
-Guitar Hero 3 !!!
-WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

and there is more i cant think of right now

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I suppose you're right. I was imagining some kind of strap system but now I realize how unlikely and unpractical that would be.
Well, I had the same idea at first until I realized the same thing. My first thought was lifting the the Wiimote to simulate dumbells. But what benefit would you get from lifting a 1 pound controller? That's what lead me to the stat recording idea.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah...I'm somewhat excited about the Wii Health thing also, meaning I'm also worried/skeptical about it, too. But, Miyamoto's leading the thing so it should turn out ok at absolute worst. (Is it bad that we put so much faith in this one man?)

BestBuy is allegedly having Wiis in tomorrow.
If you don't have one and want one, go for it.

Also, here's something interesting I found: an list to the Virtual Console games that are probably in the near future. Check it out:
http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/04/virtual_console.html

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lol i was just looking at some of the first posts for this thread, which were in 2005, and how everyone is wondering about the Wii and excited about playing it.... well anyways I cant wait for some new games to come out for the wii such as

-SSBB
-Resident Evil 4
-Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
-MySims (hopefully online)
-Fire Emblem
-SpiderMan 3
-Mario and Sonic at the Olympics???
-Mario Strikers Charged
-Scarface (yay coming out June 12, my b-day)
-Manhunt 2 ( the Wii needs more blood,gore and violence)
-Guitar Hero 3 !!!
-WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

and there is more i cant think of right now
Lol, you forgot games like (Super Paper Mario=?) Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Add those and that is a exellent list. I seriously would love a Wii Guitar Heroes III, the first two owned, and were awsome.

Brawl, SM Galaxy, or just MP3: Corruption alonme would make me happy. Add that whole list, and well yo u get the idea. Also Mario Party 8 is going to be sweet, and maybe Battalion Wars 2. That is a fine list of games to come out on the Wii. I've been playing Super Paper Mario, and it simply owns=o ya!

I heard MySims has a cel-shaded/anime look to it.
No it has the look of the Miis, but I don't know how to explain them graphically, other than they kinda look like Rayman. But overall it has sorta a Wii Sports kinda look (baseball mainly), but it sorta looks cel-shaded but not really.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Is it me or am I the only one looking forward to Advanced Wars for Wii? It's supposed to have online so it's a step forward.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Square is planning to release more info on it in the near future. Says so in the Wii-k in Review at IGN. Don't feel like linking.
Cool. The first game was ruined by the GBA requirement. Online should hopefully fix that and it could make for a sweet mini-MMORPG. I hope the storyline is intact and it's just co-op online rather than some open ended nonsense.

Sensai

Smash Master
The first game was ruined by the GBA fiasco, and this one will probably be ruined by FCs. It'll be great for in-the-room multiplayer, though.

And I'm listening to the Wii-k in Review now. Haven't heard anything worth noting.

Chip.

you know what to do
yeahuuz for Sensai for remembering me.

Well, everyone, I just got Super Paper Mario for the Wii. Anyone know if it's any good?

The Wii health thing seems skepticle, so I'm iffy about it.

Brawl, Galaxy, Corruption, and a number of other fantastic titles has me stocked for the Wii.

Sensai

Smash Master
Metroid Prime 3 news should be coming up soon, according to Matt Cassamassina and Mark Bozon.

'Much sooner then many people think.'

So...how soon you people thinking?

[Edit:]

He goes on to say that it'll probably be a new preview, maybe possibly some type of release date announcements...

[Edit Again:]

Now they're talking about Smash Bros. They're saying that they've all agreed that Smash Bros, MP3, and Galaxy definitely won't be coming out this year. Unless, as Bozon points out, MP3 comes out late summer. THEN it might happen. They also sound very confident that BWii will be this year.

Now they're talking about Katamari for the Wii. Nothing much, really...

GH3 for the Wii: they know a lot more then we do. Bozon seems really excited about it, actually, saying that it could be 'the best version of Guitar Hero, because of all the added features'. ****. Bozon said something about GH3, but they edited it out. Way too bad....

That's about it. They talked a little bit about Wii Music, nothing much really. Just speculation. I'm still happy to hear anything about that, though.

[Edit the Third:]

Matt says 'So, Project HAMMER?' The entire thing goes quiet. Ha, seems like no one's heard about it. Except Matt
does say it looks good...heh. One of the better looking ones. Who knows? He has seen it, but hasn't? Bleh.

They say that Disaster might not make it into 07...no speculation for HAMMER.

And, at the very end, they're talking about FF:CC for the Wii. Saying it should be a little more...there in the near future.

Chip.

you know what to do
Attention everyone: read this

Everyone in this thread who has a Wii MUST get Super Paper Mario. It's an almost 'must' to get. Like Mr. GAW said, it is spectacular. I just checked on Gameinformer online and it got a 9.5/10. Going by GI's standard, that right there is the Second Best Wii game available. GI has a tough grading scale, yet it's still fairly reasonable at the same time. It's one of the most credible game rating networks available IMO. If anyone has a "brain" and likes having a lot of "fun" at the same time, then I highly reccomend getting this game. It rocks.

Here's the link!

http://gameinformer.com/Games/Review/200706/R07.0411.1202.25242.htm

It's definetly worth it. Believe me.

I

i8waffles612

Lol, you forgot games like (Super Paper Mario=?) Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Add those and that is a exellent list. I seriously would love a Wii Guitar Heroes III, the first two owned, and were awsome.
Yea i forgot about Paper Mario and i want to rent it soon (right now i have mario kart double dash) and Super Mario Galaxy looks fun as hell and i rent Metroid Prime 2 for the GC a couple weeks ago and i can honestly say it sucked....

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
^^ Have you played the original MP? There's a reasson ign gave it a 9.8. It's an amzing game.

In contrast, MP2 wasn't so hot. so we're all praying the MP3 is just as fun or better than the original. So far this is looking to be true. SO don't count it out.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
tru dat. I was actually getting into it, but then I went on vacation. Next time I tried to play, I had no idea what to do, and never played it again.

MP1, however, was a classic. I was trying to get 100%, but missed ONE missle expansion. Never found it.

I

i8waffles612

^^^ Yea when you beat Zelda Twilight Princess, there isnt a real true ending,,, you see the credits and it takes you back to the place where youhave to rescue Princess Zelda....

And I want to rent Paper Mario, but my brother thinks it is childish and stupid and he says it is exactly like Super Mario brothers.... WTF??

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Its got some platforming elements, but its also got RPG and adventure elements. Barely like Super Mario Bros.

Use your own money, its his problem if he doesn't like it. Then when he sees how often it is, don't let him play it unless he gives you half the rent money.

I

i8waffles612

Its got some platforming elements, but its also got RPG and adventure elements. Barely like Super Mario Bros.

Use your own money, its his problem if he doesn't like it. Then when he sees how often it is, don't let him play it unless he gives you half the rent money.
Very smart idea... but i only have like 85 dollars.. im broke.... my dads gonna open up a pizza store soon and im gonna work in it.

Sensai

Smash Master
Mr.GAW said:
tru dat. I was actually getting into it, but then I went on vacation. Next time I tried to play, I had no idea what to do, and never played it again.
My problem with a good deal of games, actually...happened in MP1, so I started over. Got the VERY end, and my memory card was attacked and owned by shampoo (long story), erasing everything.

I have MP2 sitting in my room unopened.

And I guess I'll be the cynic since no one else will....SPM is a good game, to be sure, but it's so text heavy...it's absurd. I'm also not a huge fan of having to switch out Pixls every few minutes. Also, the 3D 'life meter' or what have you gets really annoying sometime. Not saying it shouldn't be there, but making it a few seconds longer would not have hurt anyone.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Could have sworn this is the Wii topic not the Paper Mario Topic.

I

i8waffles612

Well Paper Mario is a WII game.... so it seems ok if we talk about it here

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Spot on, Sensai. The purpose of this topic is to discuss Wii Hardware, Updates (such as Channels), what Nintendo is planning on doing with the Wii, etc.

Discussion about games goes in the game's topic. Not here.
* Cough *

Top Bottom