• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Wow, how did someone so stupid like Resting_Fox get so many posts? Beats me...

"Of course leave it to nintendo to try to piss everyone off and require that the consumers unload their whole weeks earnings for countless expansions that SHOULD be built-in for the gaming experience"

So now you're mad at Nintendo for giving their new controller the ability to have countless options, for game creators to finally roll up their sleeves and get creative? And if they were say 20 bucks a pop, you buy one and you're set for say a dozen games, if Revolution titles remain at $50 you're still saving a TON of money compared to 360 / PS3 titles that range from $60-$70.

Secondly, the controller plug in might look homosexual if you look at it that way, but one must wonder; what kind of person looks at it that way?

Stupid kids...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Also, I suspect the Revolution will come bundled with both the "Nunchuku" attachment and the "Classic Controller Shell" when you first buy it.
IGN has posted Iwata's speech with his english voice-over.
watch it, he says that the current plan is to bundle the rev with the nunchuku attachment and standard controller(the remote).

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
My friend suspects the controller will cost a lot. I however, disagree. I think it may be over the standard $30 bucks, but not by much. The controller is advanced, but I doubt it would take upwards of $50 to sell one. Also the controller shell better be cheap, because I plan on buying a few (Not that I don't like the remote).

Resting_Fox I am dissapointed in you. I respect you highly, but that was kind of well...Kokichi took the words right out my mouth.

Yav, that was lame (I was tempted to say lamelamelame, but someone like me is NOT allowed to use it).

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Kokichi said:
So now you're mad at Nintendo for giving their new controller the ability to have countless options, for game creators to finally roll up their sleeves and get creative? And if they were say 20 bucks a pop, you buy one and you're set for say a dozen games, if Revolution titles remain at $50 you're still saving a TON of money compared to 360 / PS3 titles that range from $60-$70.
360 = $50, possibly some $60 games
PS3 = $60-70 according to rumors

The controller won't come cheap though. When the GameCube was released the controller was $35. Then when the Wavebird came out the regular controllers dropped to $30 and the Wavebird was $35. You really have to think what the controller has built into it to estimate the cost.

I was thinking earlier about kiosks and I was like "whoa! how are they gonna have revolution kiosks?" They're going to have to wire down the controller, but it can't be too restricting of a wire, or else you might lose the effect of the controller.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Same goes for Xbox 360 and PS3 controllers (for kiosks and wiring them down, but then again they've been doing that for a long time now, so no worries, though I see how it could be different w/ Rev's controller).

And I'm pretty sure Xbox 360 games are planned to be a standard $60 games...maybe it's not official, but I thought that was the most recent released thought about them...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You can read the 360 topic if you want info on 360's game prices, Kokichi. I have all the info there.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
since revolution is gonna be backwards compatible, i wonder how using this controller will affect playing old games like ssbm, unless we can plug in the gc controllers...

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Lightsaberboy said:
since revolution is gonna be backwards compatible, i wonder how using this controller will affect playing old games like ssbm, unless we can plug in the gc controllers...
Good job not reading the past two pages before posting.

Anyhow, I think the new controller will be ****ing awesome. For example, I can imagine playing SSBM (Gamecube) with the controller shell and instead of using the analog stick to smash, I'll just give the controller a fast turn to the right. Of course, it'll be great for FPS games and RTS games.

It could be used for boxing games, sword fighting, baseball, tennis, whatever. It's an impressive amount of options. I'm really amazed at what Nintendo was able to pull off - I did not think it was going to be nearly this good.

Moreover, I could easily see Nintendo turning the Rev into a basic computer to expand its appeal. Use the controller as the mouse and have a keyboard extension plugged into the expansion slot, and you'd be good to go. They could sell a basic word processor and internet browser on a disc, and it'd be ****ing wonderful.

So, yeah, I'm pretty psyched.

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
GC controller can be plugged into the Revolution. So we can at least use GC controller for GC games.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
thesuperjag said:
GC controller can be plugged into the Revolution. So we can at least use GC controller for GC games.
WOW, good thing I have you to let me know about stuff like this...I think I missed it the other 50 or so times it has been said...

If I was a mod, I would ban the next person to post something old in this topic without reading the other pages...

...but I'm not, so carry on...

And I hope Nintendo comes up with something better for the controller shell than the mockup...why not just enable the Gamecube controller for revolution games instead of making a carbon copy of it to buy separately...sure it means that you can still point while using it, but...

Mediocre said:
Moreover, I could easily see Nintendo turning the Rev into a basic computer to expand its appeal. Use the controller as the mouse and have a keyboard extension plugged into the expansion slot, and you'd be good to go. They could sell a basic word processor and internet browser on a disc, and it'd be ****ing wonderful.
Yeah, that would be pretty cool, but it kinda goes against everything they have said in the past, about not turning it into a huge media centre like the PS3 and 360...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
WOW, good thing I have you to let me know about stuff like this...I think I missed it the other 50 or so times it has been said...

If I was a mod, I would ban the next person to post something old in this topic without reading the other pages...
and if you'd bothert think, you'd realize he was responding to mediocre, who was under the impression that we'd be playing GC with the controller in shell, not direct gc controller(at least he was talking about playing SSBM with it)

if you see something old being posted, its probably because they are responding to the person before them. read, and think FDV before you post.

i'm glad you're not a mod.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
ChRed2AKrisp said:
IGN has posted Iwata's speech with his english voice-over.
watch it, he says that the current plan is to bundle the rev with the nunchuku attachment and standard controller(the remote).
Of course I've watched it. The fact is, we don't even know the name of the console, and I think it would be logical to launch it with the shell since being able to download classic games is one of the main features.

ChRed2AKrisp said:
i'm glad you're not a mod.
Rather him than you.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
best controller ever, enough said. so many possilbities and the fact there's an attachment to play games in a tradition style. so, even u you dont like the look of the controller, when the attachment is revealed, u may change ur mind. hell, idk why you wouldnt like the controller now. nintendo out did themselves

*ENCORE*

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
and if you'd bothert think, you'd realize he was responding to mediocre, who was under the impression that we'd be playing GC with the controller in shell, not direct gc controller(at least he was talking about playing SSBM with it)
What, exactly, makes you think that you wouldn't be able to play SSBM with the shell?

It would be a small modification, easy to make, and has the potential to enhance gameplay. I see no reason why they'd make you unable to use the controller in a shell for playing GC games.

Not to mention that not everybody buying the Rev would necessarily have a GC controller. At the very least, they'll probably enable using the controller in a shell for playing GC games without having any motion sensing capabilities. At most, they could let you use motion sensing in conjunction with the shell.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Mediocre said:
What, exactly, makes you think that you wouldn't be able to play SSBM with the shell?

It would be a small modification, easy to make, and has the potential to enhance gameplay. I see no reason why they'd make you unable to use the controller in a shell for playing GC games.

Not to mention that not everybody buying the Rev would necessarily have a GC controller. At the very least, they'll probably enable using the controller in a shell for playing GC games without having any motion sensing capabilities. At most, they could let you use motion sensing in conjunction with the shell.
the only reason to do this would be replace an analog with the sensor since you cannot change the actual programming of the game. You would not replace the analog stick with the sensor. It would be way to slow for one thing. there are so many different features to the sensor, which would correspond with direction? tilting? movement? turning?

SO what you speak of is tilting the controller for the c-stick, the only feasible replacement.

or not. for one thing, flicking a stick will always be faster than moving the controller to the right and back again. second, i know a lot of players, including myself, who move the controller to some degree while playing. i would not enjoy randomly smashing or doing an aerial attack while recovering.

it would screw up the game, unless you are either lucky enough not to move the controller while playing, or take everything slowly to ensure you don't tilt.

so yes, it is possible, especially for games like RPGs and racing games, but the question is, why would Nintendo bother to put time into translating the sensor into the analog when you can already play with GC controllers. Its a waste of time and money. the only benefit would be free wireless controllers if you didn't already have them, as well as wireless rumble.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Invincible Fox said:
Could you play SSB3 with the remote?
Somehow, yeah... I'm not sure how, though... maybe the motion sensor-thingy will work as some jump. Or some aiming divice. Using Ness's PK Thunder would be a whole lot easier.Or maybe if you flick the controller in a certain direction, that could be used for B moves.

Now I'm gonna hafta memorise the controller if I want to make some movesets on TOSSBRT. Dang.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Invincible Fox said:
Could you play SSB3 with the remote?
That depends on what the new SSB will be like. I doubt you'll play the new Smash with the remote controller alone, you'd probably plug it into the Wavebird-like cradle. Since the tilt functionality still works while it's plugged into the cradle, you could still use the tilt technology for playing while still being able to use a more traditional button layout.

I'm looking forward to just turning the remote on its side and playing some NES games. I never had an NES, and while I've played some of the games, it's been on emulators, which isn't quite the same experience.

The new controller is incredible, with practically an endless amount of option.

Mediocre, as for the internet idea, while I also think it would be awesome, it doesn't seem to be the way Nintendo's been going. They keep speaking out against machines that take up all functionality in your home, and they want to keep their hardware as game-playing only. Then again, they did crack and added a DVD player (albeit optional) to the Revolution, so who knows?

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
not all games will use the remote as a pointer. it can be used just like a wave bird did, u just pick it up and play. Not all games will use the gyros either. so dont worry about how smash will be effected. Nintendo wont wreck the one single game that will bring in a huge amount of dough at the beginning.

BETA

Smash Ace
No, you probably won't be able to with just the remote.

I don't get why you'd need the shell controller (or cradle as you call it) for Smash. The remote thing and control stick addon have enough buttons: A, B, Z1, Z2. That's enough to smash, special attack, dodge, grab, and move around. The only thing is jumping. If they don't let us use the shell, us X button users will have to get used to hitting up on the analog stick.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
BETA said:
No, you probably won't be able to with just the remote.

I don't get why you'd need the shell controller (or cradle as you call it) for Smash. The remote thing and control stick addon have enough buttons: A, B, Z1, Z2. That's enough to smash, special attack, dodge, grab, and move around. The only thing is jumping. If they don't let us use the shell, us X button users will have to get used to hitting up on the analog stick.
The problem with that setup is that the smaller a and b buttons will be too inconvenient to reach if you plan on using the other buttons on the pointer. They're more as "secondary" options or to allow the controller to turn on its side as an NES controller. If you say "well, we can play it sideways", then you woudln't be able to use the control stick with it as holding it sideways would use both your hands.

Anyway, I am totally psyched about the possibilities. If the shell resembles something like the IGN mockup (which looks amazing), then I am going to eat this up when it comes out. I don't care if it had a lack of third party support, that's not what I got my GameCube for and it's not what I'll get the Rev for either (though lots of third-party games would be nice).

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
McFox said:
Mediocre, as for the internet idea, while I also think it would be awesome, it doesn't seem to be the way Nintendo's been going. They keep speaking out against machines that take up all functionality in your home, and they want to keep their hardware as game-playing only.
Hey, I didn't say they were going to do it.

Still, I wonder if some third party company could develop some software that would allow you to turn the Rev into a stripped down computer.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It's got to have certain stuff for it to be able to surf the net. The DS would be able to but it can't do Java or Flash... I don't remember which one.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Wow this thread is so *** backwards...I've never seen a forum where spamming and flaming are acceptable when a person isn't able to read through 50 pages of a topic first. Because I'm SO SURE every single one of you has, right? Please.

Stop *****ing that people are asking simple questions like "Can GC controllers be used on Revolution."

What makes more sense:

1) Simply answering "YES."
2) Ignoringing the question if it somehow angers you
3) Spamming the thread with flames.

And sadly, I'm sure some of you sincerely think #3 is the correct answer.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chris of STARS said:
Wow this thread is so *** backwards...I've never seen a forum where spamming and flaming are acceptable when a person isn't able to read through 50 pages of a topic first. Because I'm SO SURE every single one of you has, right? Please.

Stop *****ing that people are asking simple questions like "Can GC controllers be used on Revolution."

What makes more sense:

1) Simply answering "YES."
2) Ignoringing the question if it somehow angers you
3) Spamming the thread with flames.

And sadly, I'm sure some of you sincerely think #3 is the correct answer.
Or they could just read the first post in the whole topic.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No, nothing else has been said about launch titles. In fact, we know of very few titles that are actually in production. Metroid Prime 3 is currently in production (which should be incredible), and Shiggy has said that a new Mario game is underway, but nobody knows anything else beyond that.

At least as far as I'm aware.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
no, a Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is announced for the Revolution. At least, that's what i remeber reading on IGN come E3 2005. There were a couple others, but i can't remeber which ones.

Oh yeah, there's also an LoZ Revolution in progress.

edit: this is from the IGN Revo FAQ
Q: What Games are in development for Revolution?

A: Believe it or not, there are already a number of top-tier titles in development for Nintendo's next-generation console. At E3 2005, the company revealed that a Revolution sequel to Super Smash Bros. Melee is being readied for the launch of the new system. Even better, the game will be Wi-Fi compatible, enabling players to fight it out against each other online. In addition, brand new Zelda and Mario titles are underway for the upcoming machine.

When questioned on the subject at E3 2005, Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto did not yet know if the Revolution Mario update would be the much-talked-about Mario 128. "In regards to Mario 128, we're currently doing a lot of Mario experiments back in Kyoto. We are definitely going to have a new Mario for Revolution. Whether or not that's 128 or not, I can't really say. It might be a new Sunshine. We're not sure. We're doing a lot of Mario tests right now for the Revolution," Miyamoto said.

At E3 2005, Nintendo also revealed that Metroid Prime 3 is in development for Revolution. The title is once more being handled by Retro Studios. It will launch in 2006, say sources.

In addition, Nintendo confirmed that an Animal Crossing sequel is being readied for Revolution. Little is known about the title, except that it will interact wirelessly with Nintendo DS.

Nintendo also revealed that it has teamed with Square Enix to bring an original Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles title to Revolution.

Next, Nintendo's vice president of corporate affairs confirmed to IGNcube at E3 2005 that Nintendo is working on a new IP that will premiere with the launch of Revolution. "Wait for Revolution," she said. "At least one new franchise. Brand new."

Finally, Bandai has pledged support for Revolution.
So the final list is

Mario(128?)
SSBR
Metroid Prime 3
LoZ
Animal Crossing
FF:CC
a new franchise

a total of 7 games.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
You do realize that I've had the answer to basically every one-sentence question in the last few pages in the first topic, right?

Including announced games.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Ok, about the Downloadable Games for previosu consoles, Is there anything on How we will be paying for them (If they cost money)? Over Paypal? Or through something else.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
ChRed2AKrisp said:
So the final list is

Mario(128?)
If the new Mario is for the N-rev, why in the hell would it be called Mario 128??

mic_128 said:
EDIT: Someone noticed something intersting on theConsole itself this time.

Wow, I guess the codename "Revolution" isn't going to stick after all.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Gnight, do I really need to spell it out for you?

Super Mario 64

64 x 2 = 128

Mario 128

-_-

Super Mario 64 was called such because it was on the Nintendo 64 (64 because it was a 64-bit machine, 2x more bits than the 32 bit SNES and 8x more than the 8 bit NES). Mario 128 was originally a demo for the Gamecube that people thought was going to be the next Mario game, but Nintendo instead ended coming out with Super Mario Sunshine instead. The demo had 128 Marios walking around and bumping into each other. Now they're going to finish the project, apparently.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Who wants to bet the name of the Nintendo system will be way worse than Revolution? Revolution is a cool name, so its gotta go =P

On a side note, I want one!

Top Bottom