• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Heh. I got mine at Wal-Mart. They had 36 copies, and during the line up they handed out 36 tickets. Me, my sister, and my dad were 16, 17, and 18, but only one of us was buying it (Me) so we ended up running over to the nearby Future Shop and selling these extra two tickets for $40 each so they would for sure get a copy. This bought me 2000 virtual points and a classic controller, with money to spare. The people were actually really nice; lots of DS games being held, made new friends, met a couple smashers.. But Wal-Mart ran out of Zelda, so I had to go over to Zellers to buy it, where they had about 30 copies of it, but only two Wii's. Funny how that works out ;P

It was worth it ^^

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i have yet to pick up my preorder, but hopefully i'll be ddoing so in an hour. Can't wait to test out Red steel four player with some friends.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Ahhh^^^I'm so jealous. I tried a couple of different places last night but there would not have been enough for everybody in the line. All of the stores in my area weren't getting a lot of Wii's; anywhere from 20-40. I ordered my Wii of an online store this morning and it should get within 1-3 days.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Keke. Here's my picture of my small little set-up. Still havn't opened it yet; waiting for my sister to get home.

I think I'm gonna play Wii sports right now though. Oh, sorry for the low quality.. I took it with my Cellular device (cel phone) which has a really low quality camera.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
This is freaking annoying. My mom was waiting outside of the Game Crazy for my Wii this morning (I was waiting at a nearby Sears to get a copy of Zelda), and was told she couldn't get one when somebody came and told her they only got ten Wiis and were selling them in the order the preorders were taken. I was number 12 (and I took mine in August. Some dude had taken one in December '05.

Well, at least I got my Zelda :). Now I can stare at the disc until Wednesday when Game Crazy gets more Wiis.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I got mine too. I camped from 10 PM Friday, till 12:01 AM this morning, 26 hours first in line. Our Wal-Mart got 20 Wiis, and about the same number of Zeldas.

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
Nobody wants to hear my sob story, but what the heck. I drove by target about 7:00 only to see a line of >100 people, So I give up on Target, and go to costco. There was hardly any line, I got 3rd place. After standing in line for 30 minutes an employee comes out saying that they haven't received their shipment of Wiis yet. What the heck? :mad: I thought that costco was getting them at the same time as all other stores. Needless to say, I'm now sitting at home, Wiiless.

Did any other stores not receive any Wiis?

primusfan

Smash Ace
I don't know^^^. But I think my Wal-Mart cheated me last night. I wouldn't have been able to get one at the first 2 stores I tried. So I decided to try Wal-Mart. There was a sign on the wall outside that said "Wii Line Starts Here". It was just me and this other guy in line. We were the only two. (as a side note, my Wal-Marts don't stay open 24 hours anymore since Hurricane Katrina) One guy from inside tells us that all the Wii's were already pre-sold. Just one problem: this Wal-mart never did pre-sales. I bet they kept them for themselves. Oh well, whatever. I ordered mine off a website this morning anyway.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, Wal-mart used a ticket reservation system.

At 10pm last night, whoever had been waiting in line got tickets.
After all the tickets were gone, you knew you couldn't get a Wii.
At midnight, anyone who had a ticket lined up in order and got their Wiis.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
31 hours. Very little sleep. I got there at 6 on friday, 5th in line. Sooooooo tired. I didn't want to sleep too much when I got home because then I would mess up my sleeping pattern and oversleep tomorrow. I saw people shopping at walmart at 2 in the morning! The store was never empty of customers. I couldn't afford a new handheld game and I don't have any DS/PSP games to play. An incredibly boring 31 hours. Reread Eragon and did push-ups, and a 3 hour long game of monopoly with some friends.

Wii sports is awesome! Although I am afraid of Red Steel, tried multiplayer and could barely control the camera. Haven't tried Zelda yet, waiting for break. Someone bought like 5 nunchaks, I needed one.

I have four dollars left and no one owes me any money, I am completely broke.

Oh, and my stupid throat caused me a lot of pain.

Got a Wii!!!! So happy.....
where do you put the GC games and MC and controllers?

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Destiny is right. They didn't do it at 10 PM last night here, but rather 7:30 AM and then when they let everyone inside, they took people two by two (two cash registered in the electronics department) and they picked out their Wii, games, and accessories. This worked out good because I came with two extra people so we had extra tickets, traded with some of my friends that were in the back so they could get up closer to the front, then sold them to people at Future Shop. The system worked pretty good for people that were waiting so they didn't get beat out by last minute shoppers due to a footrace.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, I'm just really extremely cranky because I really couldn't camp out all day, but I REALLY could use Zelda right now because life has been a series of disappointments all semester...

What do you think the chances of getting one will be in New York City two weeks from now?

F8X

Smash Ace
Keke. Here's my picture of my small little set-up. Still havn't opened it yet; waiting for my sister to get home.

I think I'm gonna play Wii sports right now though. Oh, sorry for the low quality.. I took it with my Cellular device (cel phone) which has a really low quality camera.
What is that thing of evil in the backround!?!?:scared: :scared:
any way nice set up

You should get call of duty 3, it looks like a great game. I can't wait to get mine now
Questions anyone with a wii can answer
What kind of TV are you playing on? Does size matter for the games? How about the motion bar placement?

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
I don't have a Wii yet :( gotta wait till christmas. Ah well.

Anyway, I have a few Wii related questions that you lucky *******s who got one already could answer:

1) I understand that the Wii is backwards-compatable with the Gamecube controller. So what's the Classic controller for? Is that for the snes/nes/N64 games you can download with Wii points?

2)How exacly does paying for the ability to play online work? I don't care about things like a news site or whatever, I want to be able to play games online. I heard something about "free online capabilities until June 2007". Does that mean it's like a trial, in that games are free online till June '07, then I have to make a one-time payment to keep playing online? Or is it as in, if you buy the Wii before June '07, online is free for me, forever, and that one-time payment is bypassed? What about monthly fees, like Xbox live has? I'm pretty sure there are none, but I want to be sure.

3) Can the Wii run gamecube games? Specifically, SSBM?

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Got my Wii~! ^_^ It's freaking awesome! Made a Mii and everything.. just a note: If you have a large TV, don't put the sensor on it... When we set it up, we did that.. and it was really hard to control everything.. So we moved The TV Back, placed it on the Table the TV was on, and it is actually pretty easy to use.

Wii Will. Wii Will Rock you~!

Nite

Smash Champion
Yes, the Wii is so amazing. I picked it up at 12:01 am. Simple sports have never been so fun. I also got Twilight Princess and Budokai Tenkaichi 2. I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, but there is no denying how great of a game it is going to be. Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is very fun. It can take a little getting used to the controls, but if you love DBZ games, you'll enjoy it.

Pye, yes, it can play all gamecube games. I played Smash on it last night with my doubles partner. It was just as good as the gamecube, but you have something pretty to look at when you take off a stock. lol.

It's too good, I just love Wii boxing.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Luv my Wii.

I have Red Steel and Zelda, but i haven't even touched them in the hours i've had it because me and my friends are having so much fun playing Wii Sports. Seriously, I would pay money for it, it's so much fun, tennis in particualr, though boxing is pretty kickass too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't have a Wii yet :( gotta wait till christmas. Ah well.

Anyway, I have a few Wii related questions that you lucky *******s who got one already could answer:

1) I understand that the Wii is backwards-compatable with the Gamecube controller. So what's the Classic controller for? Is that for the snes/nes/N64 games you can download with Wii points?

2)How exacly does paying for the ability to play online work? I don't care about things like a news site or whatever, I want to be able to play games online. I heard something about "free online capabilities until June 2007". Does that mean it's like a trial, in that games are free online till June '07, then I have to make a one-time payment to keep playing online? Or is it as in, if you buy the Wii before June '07, online is free for me, forever, and that one-time payment is bypassed? What about monthly fees, like Xbox live has? I'm pretty sure there are none, but I want to be sure.

3) Can the Wii run gamecube games? Specifically, SSBM?
1. At this point, you can only use the Gamecube controller for Gamecube games and most of the Virtual Console games. Although, how this will work for Smash Bros Brawl due the claims of being able to use a Gamecube controller remains to be seen...

2. You're thinking about the Opera web-browser. It's free to use and download until June 2007. After that, you have to purhcase Wii Points. I don't think it's available yet, unless I missed it completely while looking through the Shop Channel...
As far as Wii Points, you can purchase them either online with a major credit/debit card or in retail stores. One cent = one point. Prices will vary in other countries.

3. Yes, it can! All Gamecube games should work. When the unit is upright, you'll find the ports for both controllers and memory card on top. You can temporarily take the lid of if you desire. Be warned that you cannot use other Gamecube accessory/function (GBA Player, Gamecube online play, etc).

Anywho, I'm loving the Wii. My only gripe was that the internet updates took too long to download, but it was probably my connection...

E123Omega

Smash Lord
Anybody here have BOTH the Nintendo Wii and Sony Playstation 3?
I bet nobody here does.
You'll have to be RICH to have BOTH.
BUT you'll have to be RICHER to have ALL THREE!
That's a HUGE amont of money!
Wii: $250.
Playstation 3: $500-$600.
Xbox 360: $300-$400.

$250+$600+$400= $1,250 plus tax, plus anything else that you bought for the system seperatley.

WAY TOO MUCH MONEY!!!!!!

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Two out of three....

I just got beat in boxing!!! That was my first loss out of like 20 games! Has anyone seen Rocky 2? When both the boxers were on the ground trying to get up? That was me, he knocked me down at the same time I knocked him down...intense. How do you do uppercuts?

Red Steel is getting pretty good, toned down the sensitivity and can aim better, plus lock-on helps.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Two out of three....

I just got beat in boxing!!! That was my first loss out of like 20 games! Has anyone seen Rocky 2? When both the boxers were on the ground trying to get up? That was me, he knocked me down at the same time I knocked him down...intense. How do you do uppercuts?

Red Steel is getting pretty good, toned down the sensitivity and can aim better, plus lock-on helps.
Two of my friends tried Boxing also, and they ended up KO'ing each other. Hilarious. :laugh:

If you swing the Remote upwards or downwards, you'll punch in that direction. So if you want to do an uppercut, swing in an upwards motion.

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol dude wii sports boxing is off the hook, and so is bowling, tough my sis beat me XD, also zelda is like freakin awesome, i freakin love it hahaha!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Zelda is so fing amazing guys... Like I COULD spoil a lot about it, stuff that EGM and others never discussed. As far as controls, really simple but takes some getting used to. I dunno how many times I tried to attack with A.... but the actually controller pointing is really really smooth. You gotta love it.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Bahamutess beat me at Baseball. On her first try. It made me sad.

BTW, you can add your Wii Number to your Profile on SWF now, just so you know.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I got one at a target at 8am after needlessly camping for 10 hours with some friends. Oh well, we slept in the car. I didn't play either of them much, but Red Steel and TP are both pwnage - Obviously TP is better, though. Wii sports, I dislike. You have little control over some things.

Top Bottom