• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Yeah, Zink, I realize they'll be regionalized, but hopefully that will make everyone double check the stores closest to them. I guess if they haven't already.

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol was watchin someting about PS3 in the news rigt now and I tough, will the stores sell the wii as 1st come 1st served, or will just open the doors and u gotta run and get ur wii before anyone else does?... XD
while am at it, will they only sell white color Wii? or will ther ebe black ones too?...

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
lol was watchin someting about PS3 in the news rigt now and I tough, will the stores sell the wii as 1st come 1st served, or will just open the doors and u gotta run and get ur wii before anyone else does?... XD
while am at it, will they only sell white color Wii? or will ther ebe black ones too?...
Only white for launch, but I'd like to know the same question. Stampedes aren't exactly fun.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They are going to sell only white Wiis with White Remotes. If you want other colors, you're going to have to wait a while...

Also, the Weather and News channels WILL NOT available upon launch day. It's not like you really need it though because you have the Internet, duh...also, if you don't have wireless, you can use the DS WiFi adapter to create your own hotspot. However, a USB ethernet cable may be more useful...use your own judgement.

It should be first come, first serve at most stores. However, some stores are probably using a ticket system. Call the store you're planning to go to if you're not sure. And be sure to ask how many Wiis they have. There shouldn't be as much overreacting as the PS3 caused, but just watch out for potential trouble.

I already got a reminder call from Gamestop to go to the midnight launch. I'm looking forward to it, though I am slightly worried about the amount of Remotes and nunchuks they have since I didn't reserve any...

Get a good night's sleep...you'll need it.

About 24 hours left. :)

Sensai

Smash Master
I camped from Wednesday at 3 til Friday at 12.01 for a PS3...wow. I still got stuck with a 20gig. Oh well.

Luckily, I don't have to do that crud again for the Wii. Already got my preorder, so I figure I'll just waltz in for the midnight opening.

Planning on busting out the Wii Sports with the girlfriend, just after I make a couple of Mii's.

This has already been mentioned, but News/Weather channels won't be available on launch. Weather will be coming on December 20th, with News coming sometime in January.

Ah, who cares? Give me my effin' Zelda.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I really did not and still do not want to camp out. But I don't know if I can fight the urge to get TP on launch day.

Cashed, how were things when you bought your 360? I can't remember if you camped or not.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
chill ill probably be waiting at the walmart in natomas if you get lonely :p

Volrec

Smash Lord
I camped from Wednesday at 3 til Friday at 12.01 for a PS3...wow. I still got stuck with a 20gig. Oh well.

Luckily, I don't have to do that crud again for the Wii. Already got my preorder, so I figure I'll just waltz in for the midnight opening.

Planning on busting out the Wii Sports with the girlfriend, just after I make a couple of Mii's.

This has already been mentioned, but News/Weather channels won't be available on launch. Weather will be coming on December 20th, with News coming sometime in January.

Ah, who cares? Give me my effin' Zelda.

So if you preorder, that CANT sell it right?
Also, you can cut the line?

Zink

Smash Champion
SOmething odd is going on with Gamespot. They gave Zelda 8.8 and Red Steel a shocking 5.5, after spending weeks extolling these games. In fact, they marked them down for the same reasons they were praising them before.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Agree'd^^^^ and they take off points for graphics because they are comparing them to the PS3 and the 360. It's like taking points off of Gears of War because it doesn't have motion-sensored control. It's seems to me like they are a little biased.

Btw, don't go the the GFaqs TP or Wii board. They are still crazy about Jeff's 8.8.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
No, they're not comparing it to the PS3/360. They're comparing it to the Wii. The Wii is capable of much better graphics, even at launch, so they're a bit annoyed over the GC graphics(it is a GC game, but since it's on the Wii they're taking off for it).

How long does EB games retain the validity of a preorder? If its 48 hours, i sadly may be out of town on Sunday, so i'll pick it up monday.

But if its 24 hours...i'll find a way.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I'm pumped. I'm going to Meijer (open 24 hours) and waiting. I'll get there between 5:30pm and 6 today. I'm bringing a friend, my DS, SP, some Farside/Calvin and Hobbes, manga, Pokémon cards, and food to help pass the time.

My friend waited 10 hours for a PS3 at Meijer (He didn't get one). He said that Meijer had some good customer service. I.E. they fed they people in line.

Nite

Smash Champion
I'm so glad I camped out a little while before my EBgames opened so that I got my preorder. I got a recording from Reggie earlier telling me that my Wii will be available at midnight tonight. It's gonna be too good. I'll be playing Twilight Princess and Budokai Tenkaichi 2 way too much. I can't forget about my Wii sports with my friends though.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I'm getting there at about 5pm along with my friends. Urg I'm at the latest time zone so when it's midnight at New York, it's going to be 9pm here... I'll be the last of the last to get it. Time will fly by as long as your buddies are with you.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
My gamestop only has enough for the pre-orders, and Target isn't doing a Midnight thing. They open at 8:00, and are selling tickets at 7:30. I'm planning on getting there around 6:00, maybe earlier. God, I feel like such a nerd.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
excuse me while I laugh at all the people who have to camp...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*slap*

okay, umm, yeah. Don't worry, bii happy!

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
my girlfriend was sopposed to drive me over to the walmart by now but she fell asleep and i cant wake her up. HOW THE **** AM I SOPPOSED TO GET TO WALMART NOW?!?!?!

they only have 20 copies on the shelf, and ****it i bet the line is full already

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I really did not and still do not want to camp out. But I don't know if I can fight the urge to get TP on launch day.

Cashed, how were things when you bought your 360? I can't remember if you camped or not.
I had a reservation at GameStop, but we went ahead and stood in line for about three hours outside of the store. I was camping out with some friends another night and it was pretty miserable. It was below freezing, it was boring, some people were *******es, etc.

I was going to go ahead and pick a Wii up if my paycheck was large enough, but it wasn't. Ah well. Maybe next paycheck, should be pretty big from working on Thanksgiving (8 and a half hours on time and a half, wii!). Still just going to buy Twilight Princess for GameCube, though... Mostly getting it for Wii Sports, and I might pick up Excite Truck. Not being sure if I'm getting games will also give me cash to buy extra controllers, Wii Points (which I'm gonna have to do so I can finally play Super Metroid) and a Virtual Console controller.

Sensai

Smash Master
GameSpot is always harsh on grades. Always. They gave the original Shenmu something like a 6.5...it's not as good as the second one, but it's sure as hell not a 6.5.

People are already lining up in my WalMart. 10 people when I checked about an hour ago...so, for anyone who's reading this and wants one, you should be out camping, depending on how big your city is/how many stores you have. Just trying to be helpful.

ChRed2AKrisp, they retain the Wii's for 48 hours. I assume that means until Tuesday at 12.01 AM.

I can't believe after 2 years or so of waiting I'm going to be playing the next Zelda game....wow oh wow.

9 hours to go!

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Haha, there are no line ups anywhere in my town. I love living in a small area. Even the people at EB Games said the lineups are goin to start at about 9 AM tomorrow. It's such a sensational feeling.. Such a relief. Especially since there are large amounts of stores in this area selling them even though it's a small town. But anyways, I agree with the poster above.

After all these years of wishing to play, we finally get to play the games we desire. It's either that or the Ice-Cap I'm drinking that's making me feel so energetic. ^^

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Three people are already in line at my Target.

And they don't have a midnight opening.

Bloody insane people.

Maybe I should bring a girl, she'll scare them away.

I know think I will leave around Midnight, and spend 7 1/2 hours outside. Luckily, I live in Texas. November nights are only around 20 degrees.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I know think I will leave around Midnight, and spend 7 1/2 hours outside. Luckily, I live in Texas. November nights are only around 20 degrees.
Ahahaha, agreed. Texas weather makes no sense.

I just found out the the Gamestop I'm picking up my Wii won't have any extra Remotes and I was stupid to not reserve any. Ah well, a mad dash to Wal-Mart and hopefully I'll be lucky. Only 8 or so hours...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The Wal Mart here is receiving 20 Wii units. They will take names starting at 9 PM. Then, at 11 PM, they will announce 20 randomly selected names. Three buddies of mine and I are going tonight and submitting all our names in hopes of just one of our names being called. ^_^

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The Wal Mart here is receiving 20 Wii units. They will take names starting at 9 PM. Then, at 11 PM, they will announce 20 randomly selected names. Three buddies of mine and I are going tonight and submitting all our names in hopes of just one of our names being called. ^_^
That's incredibly stupid. No need to stay in line, just arrive at 8:50.

My Target is receiving 60 units.

Edit: I meant Wal mart was being stupid, not you.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
I sure hope every Wal-Mart isn't doing that. That's not a very assuring idea.. Unless they're giving them out for free like a contest. You shouldn't be forced to wait all that time just do wait on luck/chance to give them your money. But, none the less, I wish you the best ^^.

I'm going to EB games right now to see how many they're getting in, then checking the other stores that are selling them to see the same.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Yeah, it sounds kinda odd to me, but that's what they told me over the phone. Regardless, I think that's the point, Eorlingas. They don't want to deal with people killing each other waiting in line. Rather than argue about who came first or whatever, they just throw everyone into the same group.

I dunno. It wasn't my idea. This is Rexburg, Idaho after all. :laugh:

Nite

Smash Champion
That's just a horrible idea. I'd rather get stabbed and still have my Wii instead of not getting my name called.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
SO who here has actually played at a kiosk yet besides me? Just curious how many people have actually experienced the Wiimote and love it, and how many are blindly going with the herd and assuming since other people liked it they'll like it too?

That's a harsh way to put it, but i'm a firm believer in experiencing something before passing judgment.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
That's just a horrible idea. I'd rather get stabbed and still have my Wii instead of not getting my name called.
Agreed, but at least there is no debate on when to head over there. Rather than sit in line for hours and hours, we can know in a shorter amount of time whether we will obtain one or not. I'm not suggesting it's a better system, but it does have its benefits. :)

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Way to go, Eorlingas, my Target will get 60 Wii's as well. And free popcorn/soda. There were some annoying people there when I went to check so I'll go later when I'm far away from them...

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Wow. I went to Meijer, and there was a line of 8 people. They were getting in 8 Wiis. This one kid (who's around my age, 15) had been waiting there since 11:30pm last night. He wasn't even in the front of the line.

Feeling disappointed, I decided to check out how many people were waiting in line at Target. There were about 10 people. Mind you, it's friggin' 40 degrees out at the moment, and it's gonna get colder. I'm going to Target around 4am tomorrow. If there's a line, I'll check the other Target. If there's still a line, I'll check out Circuit City (there are 2 people there at the moment.) If I still can't get one, I'm just going to be patient and wait until next weekend.

I learned a good lesson today: never underestimate the power of the impatient consumer (i.e. the average fanboy).

All in all, this is good for Nintendo, bad for me.

Top Bottom