• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Maelstrom, your sig can't be crappy as long as it has blue Mario in it.
Yeah, Jumpman Mario is the best. Old-school colors FTW!!

Problem is, the lensflare and the filled color layer is making the blue seem a bit purple-ish. Even worse, if I decide to revert back to the original blue color by tweaking my changes with layer masks, the blue is in such sharp contrast with the background that it makes the whole thing look like crap. I'm not sure how to finish the sig. . .although I'm loving the lighting that I did.

Anyways, Photoshop tangent aside, has anyone checked their local Targets/Wal-Marts to see if any Wii games and/or accessories are out yet? Strangely enough, there's NO Targets/Wal-Marts in the Manhattan area, which boggles the mind. . .I'll have to go to Queens and Brooklyn just to see if controllers and games are out yet.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
That was prolly some Japanese businessman who hired poor Chinese people to wait in line.

Anyways, I'm still really skeptical about the Wal-mart where I'm going having 50 people camping out in front of it...I dunno, it really just doesn't sound accurate considering it's practically out in the middle of nowhere...
And even if there are no Wiis, I'll still have Yoshi's Island 2 to fall back on to tide me over.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Im going camping tonight for the PS3. Im getting one for me and one for a friend. He is planning on selling it on ebay. Im going to laugh when the USA got 400,000 PS3's and 300,000 end up on ebay! But hey, Im getting $100 for getting his.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Im going camping tonight for the PS3. Im getting one for me and one for a friend. He is planning on selling it on ebay. Im going to laugh when the USA got 400,000 PS3's and 300,000 end up on ebay! But hey, Im getting $100 for getting his.
I doubt you'll be able to get a PS3 if you start camping today. All the major stores I went to today, all of them already had lines that already exceeded the number of PS3 being sold.

I know for a fact Wal-Mart might not have very many at all. The Wal-Mart I visited is expecting only about 10 PS3, but it will end up being less due to shipping problems. They are going to give out rainchecks, but still, it's not looking good for the PS3. Besides the problems with backwards compatibility, other chaos is brewing...

Only 200,000 PS3 on launch day?
Campers shot at with BB guns
Campers ROBBED while waiting for PS3
Needless to say, keep your guard up if you plan on camping out, for PS3 or Wii. I know that the mall I'm going to be waiting at will have at least two police officers at each mall entrance.

On topic, don't try to get any place to sell you any Wii accessories, because they are street-dated for Nov 19. Also, if you plan on trading your Cube, wait until the midnight launches. Gamestop apparently has flyers that let you get $20 extra trade-in credit on a Gamecube system trade-in, but they only start the promotion on Sunday. Hold on to those Cubes if you can. Best Buy has started carrying Wii games, but you can only buy third party games. And if you're thinking about buying the official Nintendo SD card, Best Buy has a $5 coupon inside one of their info booklets.

And something keep in mind about Wii, it would have been cheaper than $250!

Just 2 more days until midnight launch. :)

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
My friends and I have devised an ingenious way to camp out for a Wii. We're holding a Smash tournament, and if you get defeated, you have to go over and wait in line (starting at about 8 o'clock). By the end of the tournament, the winner will come join us, if he wants one.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I was at walmart today, saw no lines for a PS3. Gives me hope about the Wii.

wow, forty-eight hours from now I will be waiting in line...so close!!

My throat is killing me though, cannot get sick!

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Well, Im back from a PS3 camp-out. We had spot 5 and 6 in line and there were only 6 PS3's comming in to the store. Keep in mind we were in the middle of Little Rock Arkansas in a really bad spot. My friend gets into a little argument with some guys infront of us and we end up getting a knife pulled at us! So yeah, we do belive our lives to be more valuble than the PS3. There are some hard-core gamers out there.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
You know what, don't even give them the decency of being called "gamers."
Those guys are just plain F'ers.
What a load of c rap.
Good thing you guys are okay.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah, if I'm not on the boards for more than a week starting Sunday, I'm either playing Wii or someone took me out.

I'm leaving at 5pm, but I'll scout the area a few hours before just in case. Can't be too careful...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
:urg: I hope everyone leaves their campsite with clean undies, too.

Carry a bat in your sleeping bag, or something. Don't forget kids, protection is important.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Three things to consider to determine how early you should camp out:

1. Does the store have a midnight launch? If so, consider going earlier. If it opens during normal store hours, you can go a little later.

2. Call the store to see how many Wiis they have. This is the most impoartant part because most stores should be able to tell you how many they have or at the very least have estimates. If they don't know, then try going somewhat early so you can guarantee one. Do you want controllers or other accessories or do you want a particular game (i.e. Zelda)? There is a small chance that they could run out of controllers or games depending on popularity, Zelda especially. Most stores won't carry enough games for each person to have one copy of a game, especially Zelda.

3. Do you live in a small town or or a big city? The more gamers there are in the area, the larger the crowds.

Also, be sure to keep a back-up store or two in mind if case your first choice fails. And hope for a little luck. It shouldn't be as horrendous as the PS3 launch, but keep your guard up for crazy people. :)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thank u for the advice +rep for u, yeah tomorrow i goota go to school, but my parents gonna go to wal mart anyway, so there gonna ask everything for me, there also going to best buy, so ill some info on 2 stores...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I have a Target right next to a Gamestop, along with a Circuit city (do they sell consolers?). They are all within a minute of each other.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Well, Im back from a PS3 camp-out. We had spot 5 and 6 in line and there were only 6 PS3's comming in to the store. Keep in mind we were in the middle of Little Rock Arkansas in a really bad spot. My friend gets into a little argument with some guys infront of us and we end up getting a knife pulled at us! So yeah, we do belive our lives to be more valuble than the PS3. There are some hard-core gamers out there.
I hope you called the cops in case they're a threat to anyone else. Also, they lose their spot in line, you get yours back, and someone more deserving can get their PS3.

I have a question: How do you guys go to the bathroom?

Edit: There are probably ten stores I can think of right now that would carry Wiis. No problem.:)

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Oh man...I forgot the bathroom...I suggest everyone take one last trip before their store closes and then go to sleep a little later on so you won't have to think about it.

I hear that my Target will give everyone in line soda and popcorn! I love high budgets.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
$10,000?

Holy ****ing ****.

That's just...wow. I feel like killing myself.

Stryks

Smash Hero
or u could just ask someone to reserve ur spot while u go to the bathroom and/or eat, also im more worriying about were to sit, i have a bad anckle and cant stay stand up for a long time, so ill probably take a chair or something...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That brings up a few more good points...

-Bring something to sit on. Chair, blanket, table, another person, you know anything that will prevent you from sitting on the cold cold concrete.

-Check the weather forecast in your area before you go. Rainy? Cold? Snow? A jacket or umbrella could save you from some discomfort.

-Bring something to do. I cannot stress this enough, because it WILL be boring waiting for X number of hours. Maybe homework or a project you need done by this weekend? How about a portable game device or a TV? Got a book to read? Practice some poker? Do something productive while you wait instead of just sitting there twiddling your thumbs. Heck, learn to whistle if you can't already. JUST DO SOMETHING.

-Bring some food and drinks, but don't overdo it. It does help to have someone else with you in case you have an emergency. If the place isn't a 24-hour store, try going to a gas station for their bathroom if needed.

-Be patient. There will undoubtedly be some fanatics/very cheery people there that will want to talk to you. Engage in some small talk, but have some common sense when the converstation starts getting awkward. Watch out for the more unfriendly people though.

-Get plenty of sleep beforehand if you can. Falling asleep while in a line OUTSIDE a store is the WORSE thing you could do. That's like saying, "Hey, come over here and do disturbing things to me." Caffeine can help if you need a boost to stay awake. Starbucks anyone?

-Keep you guard up after getting the Wii. The chances of crime over a Wii is much less than a PS3, just don't do anything stupid like running around outside yelling, "I got a Wii!!!!!" You will confuse and/or frighten people.

-Use your common sense. If you sense something is wrong, just leave the store and go somewhere else. It's not worth fighting or dying over.

I think that's all the advice you need. If I can think of anything useful, I'll edit it in later.

Nite

Smash Champion
My first Wii game. Budokai Tenkaichi 2. For some reason, the release date for the game was earlier than the actual system. So it taunts me in it's pretty case.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Okay, faced with a problem. I fear I may have underestimated the gaming population around here. I already know of about five people who are going to camp. Should I go today or tomorrow? I am pretty sure I could spend 8-12 hours in walmart....but 30 could be pushing it. I was origanally going at eight tomorrow but now I don't know. Help?

I thought about buying DBZ:T2 but decided to rent it, along with Excite Truck. Could you tell me if it is good?

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, AppleJack. I will get my Wii right after midnight strikes tomorrow. I stood outside for a couple of hours before my EBgames opened the first day that you could reserve them, so I can just walk in the EBgames tomorrow at the midnight launch and pick up everything.

I'll definitely tell you if it is good. It looks awesome. I'm just excited about the multiplayer, but the 1p mode or Story mode is 60+ hours of gameplay. It's crazy. So this and Twilight Princess will definitely keep me occupied for a little while.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Yeah, Red Steel seems like it is going to be a let down...Oh well, you can't win them all.

As for when I get my Wii, it won't be till December 15th. Good thing I am a patient man :)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
MP3 has a lock-on, despite the fact that's it's got better FPS control than RS, and everyone thinks it's been delayed for multiplayer/Wifi, so...

But you're right, there should be an option to turn it off for multi. THe problem is, strafing around an enemy w/o lock on will be pretty hard, since the firing box is very large for RS. If you don't lock on, it'll be impossible to fire at someone in the middle of the screen while you walk around them. So in a sense I'm happy about the lock on. What would make me MORE happy, is that in the sequel(there will most likely be one), there will at least be an option to making the turning box smaller so that it's easier to turn and strafe w/o a lockon. Not to say i won't enjoy RS, i'll probably like it, bunot to say i'll LOVE it either. It'll be a game i'll anjoy playing alot at first, and it'll be fun as a sort of party game where there's no competative stress. It'll be bad for tournaments though.

Here's to RS2 with better turning and Wifi.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I have the money to buy the wii now, but now im not sure if im going to buy it, or make more money to buy the PS3/XBOX 360. I'm a Nintendo Fanboy since child but nintendo keeps losing, and then my friends start to tell me nintendo's kiddy, so i losed many hope on nintendo. What should i do????????

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I have the money to buy the wii now, but now im not sure if im going to buy it, or make more money to buy the PS3/XBOX 360. I'm a Nintendo Fanboy since child but nintendo keeps losing, and then my friends start to tell me nintendo's kiddy, so i losed many hope on nintendo. What should i do????????
Wait a few weeks until you've made up your mind. It's stupid to buy a console if you're not sure you want it.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Too much of a good thing.

I just got two of my most wanted games today, my mom bought them for when I was at school, my money.

Now it may take the jaws of life to wrench me from my 360 or PS2. Give me strength. the games are Gears of War and FFXII. Must.....stay....focused.....on....Wii!!!!!.......*goes to play Gears of War*

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I've got Rayman... it keeps taunting me to look at the five page manual over and over again. :/

Just for everyone who's planning to wait in line for hours at Wal*Mart, they're going to make everyone who's in the parking lot at 11:00 leave until midnight anyway, so it's pretty pointless. (But does anyone know if they'll be handing out tickets at 11:00, then making everyone leave, or something like that? I'd rather get it at midnight than get up early the next morning.)

Zink

Smash Champion
Hmm. I think we should stop posting our WalMarts, Targets, and Best Buys are going to do. I think it is rather regionalized, so one person will have a WalMart taking preorders and letting lines build for hours, while another might do neither.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Here's my plan for tommorow.

I will sleep in very late (around 10)
Get up, shower, and get dressed
Have my mom drive me by Meijer
If a line is forming than I will get in line.
If not, I will drive by every hour to see how its going and eventually get in line.
At midnight, I will pick up my Wii, an extra controller, and a nunchuck
I will go to Gamestop right afterwards and pick up my preordered Zelda and extra controller. I will also buy another nunchuck there while I'm at it.
Go home and try out Wii sports, but go to sleep before 2:00 am
Wake up, play Wii until Best Buy opens, and use my giftcard there to get another Wii Controller and Nunchuck.
Go home, have friends over, and have a hell of a time.

I already have Red Steel, so this leaves me with

Wii
All four Controllers plus Nunchucks
Wii Sports
Red Steel
Zelda
NO virtual controller or Wii points
NO MONEY WHATSOEVER

If for some reason I can't get a Wii at Meijer, I resort to plan B, which is camping at Best Buy, and everything else the same.

For the Line I plan to bring:

Cooler with Pop in it
2 Friends
A book
Homework
Football
Soccerball
Hackysack
DS
Cards
Sandwhiches
Mom

Sound good? I can't believe I'll be playing Wii in less than 2 days. I'm not sure i've been this giddy in my entire life.

Top Bottom