• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi match-up training for us fox mains. Must read.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
This thread is to help one another with bad match-ups and/or match-ups they do not know. Please, remember that this is just not a thread to post who you know how to play but a thread for us to let one another know what they can improve in with certain match-ups. If you don't need any help what so ever then just say so, if you do, then please say so... the reason I say we should help one another is because since we all main fox i assume we all know how to fight fox with our other characters, so it's only right that we practice with each other not to make our other characters better but to help out those fox mains who don't know the match-up. make sense? let's get started...

Here are the Fox players who are willing to help and the characters they KNOW how to play.

Character List and the Player(s) who KNOW how to play that character:

Bowser:
Zephil
Liquid Gen

C.Falcon:
R00kie
F-Zero X
Zephil
Fenrir
Knux
AkA

Diddy:
F-zero X
Zephil
Fenrir

DK:
R00kie
AkA

Falco:
R00kie
Toronto Joe
Knux
AkA

Fox:
R00kie
F-Zero X
Toronto Joe
Zephil
Fenrir
Soul Ark
Knux
AkA

G&W:
R00kie
Toronto Joe
Knux

Ganon:
R00kie
Zephil
Knux
AkA

Ike:
R00kie
Zephil
Fenrir
Knux
AkA

King D3:
R00kie
F-Zero X
SimaMatt

Kirby:
Toronto Joe
Zephil
F-Zero X
AkA

Link:
Zephil
Knux

Lucario:
F-Zero X

Lucas:
Zephil
AkA

Luigi:
R00kie
Knux
AkA

Mario:
Zephil

Marth:
R00kie
Knux

Meta-Knight:
R00kie
Toronto Joe
Knux
Stingers
AkA

Ness:
F-Zero X
AkA

Olimar:
R00kie
F-Zero X
Knux
AkA

Peach:
F-Zero X
JigglyZelda
Knux

Pikachu:
F-Zero X
Zephil
Fenrir

Pit:
R00kie
F-Zero X
Soul Ark

R.O.B.:
R00kie
F-Zero X
GwJumpMan
Stingers

Samus:
F-Zero X
Knux

Sheik:
R00kie
Zephil
JigglyZelda
Fenrir

Snake:
R00kie
Zephil

Sonic:
Zephil
Soul Ark
Knux

Toon:
R00kie

Wario:
R00kie
F-Zero X
Knux

Wolf:
R00kie
F-Zero X
Knux

ZSS:
Toronto Joe
F-Zero X
Knux

Zelda:
JigglyZelda
Fenrir
Knux

Players and FC's

AkA - Brawl FC: 1203-9595-2205
Fenrir - Brawl FC: 0387-8571-1223
F-Zero X - Brawl FC: 2234-6891-3238
GwJumpMan - Brawl FC: 3737-9181-0008
JigglyZelda - Brawl FC: 1332-7419-1854
Knuxrouge - Brawl FC: 0302-2570-4841
Liquid Gen - ???
R00kie - Brawl FC: 4253-3143-1617
SimaMatt - Brawl FC: 0903-2401-5915
Soul Ark - Brawl FC: 4210-4851-0195
Stingers - Brawl FC: 5069-3583-2376
Toronto Joe - Brawl FC: 3609-0710-2098
Zephil - ???

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
phew, i really needed me some cf practice. i cant remember the time i wasnt gettin pwned by cf in tourney.
So I can help if anyone who needs help on the.....ummm .... fox ditto matchup.

cool idea though. I might aim you if I think I'm slippin in a subject

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
phew, i really needed me some cf practice. i cant remember the time i wasnt gettin pwned by cf in tourney.

Son you act like you won't lose to C.Falcon, im serious too. play my C.Falcon and i bet you'll lose...

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
honestly, I'm 100.00% sure I will not lose to a captain falcon. not any day, any country, rain, sleet, or SNOW.

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be on tomorrow, we should get some matches in. Also, I'm not sure about me going to APEX either.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman

I know 2 falcons that will straight **** you (probably lol), OGV places top 12 every tourney as only falcon, consistently beating some top ppl. He always takes me to the third game and ocasionally beats me in tourney.

So dont go being overconfident.

I can also help with this too I can play a variety of characters.

DK, Samus, ZSS, Kirby, Pikachu, Diddy, Pit, Peach, DDD, Wolf, Lucario, Ness, Wario, ROB, Olimar, CF, Lucas

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
I need a LOT of experience with the entire roster lol but I bet It'll be red and I get pissed off even the slightest lag :ohwell:

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
I know 2 falcons that will straight **** you (probably lol), OGV places top 12 every tourney as only falcon, consistently beating some top ppl. He always takes me to the third game and ocasionally beats me in tourney.

DK, Samus, ZSS, Kirby, Pikachu, Diddy, Pit, Peach, DDD, Wolf, Lucario, Ness, Wario, ROB, Olimar, CF, Lucas
my GW,MK,and Falco,Kirby,ZSS and many others are ready:)
OK so it looks like im going to modify this thread so we all get in on this... so everyone check the first post...

Zephil

Smash Ace
my Mario says hi... ok I love trying a lot of chars sos I know to play with a lot different chars: Fox (duh!), Snake, Mario, Pikachu, Link, Captain Falcon, Diddy, Kirby, Lucas, Ike, Sheik, Sonic, Ganondorf, and Bowser... (wow I just realized I love low tiers)

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord

my GW,MK,and Falco,Kirby,ZSS and many others are ready:)
my Mario says hi... ok I love trying a lot of chars sos I know to play with a lot different chars: Fox (duh!), Snake, Mario, Pikachu, Link, Captain Falcon, Diddy, Kirby, Lucas, Ike, Sheik, Sonic, Ganondorf, and Bowser... (wow I just realized I love low tiers)
oooooooooooooooook lemme re-explain myself... this all started because i offered to help uzi out with bad matchups, and thats the purpose of the thread. It is for me to help anyone else out with bad matchups as well. this was not I repeat not made for all of us to post and say "hey i can play these characters too". Also i dont need any help in any matchup period but i kno that some others here do. So if YOU don't need help then just say it because i'll make sure this thread gets closed real quick.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
hey rookie, just a suggestion, it would be easier if you organized it by character rather than player.

like:
"diddy kong" -

"list of players"

blah w/e just ignore me.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
hey rookie, just a suggestion, it would be easier if you organized it by character rather than player.

like:
"diddy kong" -

"list of players"

blah w/e just ignore me.
Jenkins stop carrying around this idea that what you say doesn't matter, i can clearly see it and so that being, ima take you idea because i feel its good. So cheer up ******

well I need help against Olimar so maybe you R00K or F-zero X can help me
Thx Zephil for being the first on this thread to admit they need help and notify us for that... just hit me or F-Zero up on AIM and get situated with practice... even tho it's wifi... you can always learn something no matter what...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wifi is terrible, but I'm done with college as of today and going home tomorrow, and wifi is really all I have, so I'd love to play with some of you guys. I'm probably slightly rusty since I haven't been able to play much this semester, but still, I'm probably the best Kirby practice you'll get on this side of a place. Send me a PM or visitor message if you want to play.

Video proof that I play Fox in case there was any doubt

I can also play Falcon, Fox (dittos lol?), Toon Link, Ike, and a little bit of Pikachu.

I'm kinda interested in learning how to play Fox against Marth. I realize it would be stupid to pick up Fox as a Marth counter, but I'm not a fan of picking CPs based on matchups; I want to stick with something I already know and like, and that's Fox. Kirby has a difficult time with Marth, and Fox possibly has it even worse, but I would like a chance to learn how to play Fox against Marth if possible. :D?

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Wifi is terrible, but I'm done with college as of today and going home tomorrow, and wifi is really all I have, so I'd love to play with some of you guys. I'm probably slightly rusty since I haven't been able to play much this semester, but still, I'm probably the best Kirby practice you'll get on this side of a place. Send me a PM or visitor message if you want to play.

Video proof that I play Fox in case there was any doubt

I can also play Falcon, Fox (dittos lol?), Toon Link, Ike, and a little bit of Pikachu.

I'm kinda interested in learning how to play Fox against Marth. I realize it would be stupid to pick up Fox as a Marth counter, but I'm not a fan of picking CPs based on matchups; I want to stick with something I already know and like, and that's Fox. Kirby has a difficult time with Marth, and Fox possibly has it even worse, but I would like a chance to learn how to play Fox against Marth if possible. :D?
Just hit whom ever up and see if they are available... i recreated the list on the first page so you look up the characters you would to practice against and then the list of players who know how to play the characters... Marth would be me but im not gonna be home today i'll make sure to contact you soon

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Jenkins stop carrying around this idea that what you say doesn't matter, i can clearly see it and so that being, ima take you idea because i feel its good. So cheer up ******

haha thanks man. Yeah but really oli is a *****. I remember last time i played Dabuz. I went fox against his olimar and god that was stupid.
:dizzy:

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i need some serious help dealing with 3 of my friends... all of which are Meta Knight mains

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I am going to be straight up right now. I suck!

I am getting torn up by Diddys on the AiB ladder. It is most depressing. I need some serious training.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If anybody needs ROB experience, give me a holler.

Add me to the list under ROB, by the way.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Sure thing. My sister's at prom, my parents are tired, I got all night to do whatever I want.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I need help with Diddy, Toonlink as you already started helping me rookie ummm i learned oli pretty well.
and a good falco ***** me
Also since this is my first post i finally got on the forum

Shout outs to:
Rookie, best fox here guys and his knowledge of fox is pretty sick.
M@V, i didnt see you in apex i got banned from the chat for saying "where is m@v" too much and i heard you got ***** (Announcers said it)
Edit: Snowballbob the first comment was to cocky ally's Cf would **** you and i pretty sure rookies would to
Area6 :)

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
i need some serious help dealing with 3 of my friends... all of which are Meta Knight mains
I am going to be straight up right now. I suck!

I am getting torn up by Diddys on the AiB ladder. It is most depressing. I need some serious training.
I need help with Diddy, Toonlink as you already started helping me rookie ummm i learned oli pretty well.
and a good falco ***** me
Also since this is my first post i finally got on the forum

Shout outs to:
Rookie, best fox here guys and his knowledge of fox is pretty sick.
M@V, i didnt see you in apex i got banned from the chat for saying "where is m@v" too much and i heard you got ***** (Announcers said it)
Edit: Snowballbob the first comment was to cocky ally's Cf would **** you and i pretty sure rookies would to
Area6 :)
i'll help you guys

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Dang... rook's mastered Fox against the entire cast... :rolleyes:

If anybody's interested, I play:
Diddy, Ike, Sheik, Zelda, Pika (won't cg unless you ask), CF, Lucas, and Lucario...and ZSS and Fox, of course.

I'm also not bad at giving advice with anything you may be doing wrong.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Dang... rook's mastered Fox against the entire cast... :rolleyes:

If anybody's interested, I play:
Diddy, Ike, Sheik, Zelda, Pika (won't cg unless you ask), CF, Lucas, and Lucario...

I'm also not bad at giving advice with anything you may be doing wrong.
Not the entire cast... i 2nd ROB and Toon agains sheik, ICs, and Pika... im not gonna put myself in dumb match-ups

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, I'm just saying, blanket statements like "I don't need help in ANY matchup" can't exactly be true.

You can always learn more in each matchup, and where I get that you didn't make the thread for your own gain, you can still learn matchups better.

idk, you seem kinda cocky sometimes... and that's not always a bad thing, just remember you can still learn.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Well, I'm just saying, blanket statements like "I don't need help in ANY matchup" can't exactly be true.

You can always learn more in each matchup, and where I get that you didn't make the thread for your own gain, you can still learn matchups better.

idk, you seem kinda cocky sometimes... and that's not always a bad thing, just remember you can still learn.
well yea i am cocky and that's me i'll always admit that but that match-up experience i get comes from players that actually main those characters you feel me? like GwJumpMan... nothing against him but if i need ROB practice i'll play with Ninjalink and Ron since i can play them offline and they both main ROB, see my point? since my region is majority offline, i am as well... i'll never think i can't learn something from anyone... just wifi isn't the place for me to learn since i play offline 100x more than wifi. Im just trying to give my free time to fox players so they can keep improving

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Lol also don't forget to put me down as Fox, too. lol

I didn't list him b/c I thought it was obvious.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
well yea i am cocky and that's me i'll always admit that but that match-up experience i get comes from players that actually main those characters you feel me? like GwJumpMan... nothing against him but if i need ROB practice i'll play with Ninjalink and Ron since i can play them offline and they both main ROB, see my point? since my region is majority offline, i am as well... i'll never think i can't learn something from anyone... just wifi isn't the place for me to learn since i play offline 100x more than wifi. Im just trying to give my free time to fox players so they can keep improving
Fully understood. If I was able to actually go to tourneys and friendly good players consistently, I wouldn't even log into Wifi.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Fully understood. If I was able to actually go to tourneys and friendly good players consistently, I wouldn't even log into Wifi.
Oh no. WiFi has its uses, limited as they are. As long as you have a specific mindset (that is, learning the general flow of matchups) when you're playing WiFi, you'll do okay. Just don't take that same mindset to brag about winning or use it to judge your skill level.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Oh no. WiFi has its uses, limited as they are. As long as you have a specific mindset (that is, learning the general flow of matchups) when you're playing WiFi, you'll do okay. Just don't take that same mindset to brag about winning or use it to judge your skill level.
I like this statement quite a lot.

Wi-Fi is very legitimate for practicing reading people, learning general matchup ideas, and trying interesting stuff out.

It is very, very possible to beat a better player online, when you wouldn't in real life... so just don't take it as brag rights...

minute lag doesn't affect on/offline play after a while of playing both, and getting used to it. Major lag realy hampers any sort of legit play, and as such, I would say just don't play wifi if you have really bad lag.

Top Bottom