• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well now they get reported so anyone can see they are alts now when you log on from a recognized IP address of another account.

So if I don't someone else will see those and take care of them themselves. :/

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Well now they get reported so anyone can see they are alts now when you log on from a recognized IP address of another account.

So if I don't someone else will see those and take care of them themselves. :/
an automatic ip tracking system is pathetic and accomplishes nothing. glad to know anyone from my college who registers will be reported and investigated after making their first post from an ip range I have undoubtedly posted on before.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
an automatic ip tracking system is pathetic and accomplishes nothing. glad to know anyone from my college who registers will be reported and investigated after making their first post from an ip range I have undoubtedly posted on before.
Ehhh not quite, there is more to it than that I believe.

It's mostly for catching people trying to troll as alts, or ban evading. Unless we IP ban, then they make Proxys, and etc.

It's also against the forum rules, so if another mod saw that alt, infractions and such.

Bur yeah, my fault for being a party pooper and what not, all hate should be directed at me.

RIP Skeletor. Ryu is clearly working for He-man.
The secret is out. :O

Actually as I kid I liked Skeletor more. :p

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Zerieth, you should come to Smash Club Thursday nights at Memorial Union. We play from 6-midnight, feel free to stop by any time and stay as long as you want.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
cosmo that is awesome. I remember drawing a few maps for blast corps to find efficient 100% rdu/building routes. t=tree?

schedule roundup:

5/7 - finals
5/14 - Free (short notice tho)
5/20 - acen
5/28 - Free (zenith is that weekend which might pull away interest. I'm actually kinda interested in going if other WI wants to go)
6/4 - Free minus dungle
6/11 - too close to raging storm. i want mn to go
6/18 - raging storm
later than that - whats the point

really want input from ppl cause wi needs tournies yo

BunBun

Smash Master
Red Ryu, can you ban the account Ihavespaceballs (now known as Ihavespaceponies)? If you look at the IP Log, you'll realize it's really just an alt of mine that I post with a lot.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Hey guys I just joined up and want to register my name in here.

Zerieth (Uses Zer in games) - Pikachu - Madison
what up pikachu main: I want to see that pika this thursday at the memorial union, have ace collect your info!!!

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Next school year I'm going to host tournaments in Madison frequently, maybe even monthly. I don't think I'll start until September, though

As far as availability in May/June, I'm free every weekend after May 21.

Hey guys I just joined up and want to register my name in here.
Zerieth (Uses Zer in games) - Pikachu - Madison
Hopefully you can make our weekly smashfests over at "Memorial Union" on campus.
As far as availability in May/June, I'm free every weekend after May 21.
Its going to suck not being here for the summer.
brawl too?
Sam told me he would not be running any brawl tournaments.

I am really the only person out of our usual group who is interested in running a brawl touranment. There are a couple of others who play, but I am not sure their opinion on tournament play.

Anyway, we have like only one set-up to play (mine) and I don't even have a TV (the rest would be for melee). The venue we ran our melee tournament was large enough that we could easily host both brawl and melee. So the next melee tournament, I could probably post a tournament thread for brawl, but unless people from outside Madison show up with set-ups, it wouldn't be much of a tournament for brawl.

yoshq

Smash Master
Hopefully you can make our weekly smashfests over at "Memorial Union" on campus.

Its going to suck not being here for the summer.

Sam told me he would not be running any brawl tournaments.

I am really the only person out of our usual group who is interested in running a brawl touranment. There are a couple of others who play, but I am not sure their opinion on tournament play.

Anyway, we have like only one set-up to play (mine) and I don't even have a TV (the rest would be for melee). The venue we ran our melee tournament was large enough that we could easily host both brawl and melee. So the next melee tournament, I could probably post a tournament thread for brawl, but unless people from outside Madison show up with set-ups, it wouldn't be much of a tournament for brawl.
i would come for brawl and melee, but only if there was brawl. i guess i could bring a setup since it would help.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
If someone else will TO it, I have no problem with there being Brawl. The venue is certainly big enough. I just don't know anything about Brawl, so I can't run it.

yoshq

Smash Master
I'll be doing an all nighter as well, :(
same :\
If someone else will TO it, I have no problem with there being Brawl. The venue is certainly big enough. I just don't know anything about Brawl, so I can't run it.
I am willing to TO it. The only thing is I probably wouldn't be making it to all of them if they're monthlies. But there's plenty of people who could.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
ive been up 22 hrs doing nothing but working on big projects and **** asdks
****ty. i been studying for an exam tomorrow and streamin a lil. some guy named whumper88 came in and started talking about you a lot lol

edit: wow just got this email:

My wife's mother died this afternoon. The funeral will be next Tuesday. Therefore, I am rescheduling the Public Sector exam for next Monday, when I will be gone. We will have class as usual tomorrow. The new material will be on the Final exam.

Alright, I'll work out the ruleset and format for a brawl tournament (probably copy and paste from milwaukee/eau claire tournament threads). Give the stuff to sam to paste in his tournament thread for melee. Even if like 2 people show up, its the start of something.

Sam, you have any idea if you will be doing another touranment before the end of the school year? Finals approaching and stuff I suppose you won't be doing that.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
both to crystal and ace: we have to spam the tournanment **** in most threads, plus give EVERYONE a time in advance, lonejedi did a a very good job at this. (unlike his sheik)

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I'm not going to host any more tournaments until after finals. I was thinking of picking back up in September, but if there is enough interest I could probably do one in the latter half of June or in July.

And where do I spam besides the WI and Chicago threads?

ORLY

Smash Master
copied from the eau claire thread:

who's coming to this from WI / IL (ideally from the Chicago / McHenry / Racine / Milwaukee area)? i can come to you and i'll pitch in for gas

plz lemme know

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Sam are you going to keep hosting weekly fests over the summer?

I think for Madison tournies, we should plan out a huge return to school tourney in September for the next one. We can run Melee & Brawl, and maybe some other random stuff (marvel maybe?). I can help run things, and should have recording working by then.

Assuming we're going to use that awesome venue from last time again, we should have plenty of room. We're just limited by setups / attendance. If we announce something a few months in advance, we should get a good turnout.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Yeah, we can get that awesome venue for the early September back-to-school Bash again as long as someone lives in housing. I can tell whoever that is what to do to get sponsored. I'm really looking forward to running another tournament and doing some commentary!

As far as summer fests go, will there be anyone besides me and Mundungu in Madison over the summer?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
How can I get a hold of Tapion? I would really like to meet him, does anyone know his name?

Top Bottom