• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

john!

Smash Hero
i've wanted to try hosting a melee tourney, if a brawl player wants to have melee at their tourney and needs a t.o. then i could do it.

very tempting offer mundungu. just bought humble indie bundle 2 tho, so i've been busy with that lol

Oro?!

Smash Hero
just host a brawl tourney one day and a melee tourney another. Hosting both is pretty hard IMO.
It's really not that hard to do both as long as you have help.
Sanchaz will consistently 4 stock your puff Kenni. Just sayin

I just don't think having melee and brawl at the same event brings many smashers. Websters tourneys have both events all the time and usually they don't get as much as each game would in their own seperate event. Its also really annoying having to wait for someone to play in melee because they're playing brawl matches (and vice versa)
That was never the issue at Webster's tourneys. He never really even TO'ed any smash events. Tink/Spikes/Me like twice made pools/bracket, collected fees, and did everything. Akashi/Arty/Kirk usually TO'ed any and all Brawl/Brawl mod events. I think I TO'ed Brawl+/- like once each. The point is, we were pretty much given a venue and ran the event on our own. There were other factors that made the majority of the Melee community not want to go back, and at the time, and even now, there have been enough Melee tourneys that no one really cared to go back.
Super Meat Boy is $3.75 on steam today. I HIGHLY recommend this game for anyone with a PS3 controller.
SMB is incredible. The game was made incredibly easy for me though due to I wanna be the guy obsessions. :c

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
yo what's up folks. next MAS tournament is a two day event. Smash is ALL on saturday...so no worries. can't wait to see yha again. details located here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=294376

Read back a lil and saw my name mentioned:

Yeah guys I don't see what the big problem is running both melee and brawl on the same day at the same venue. imo doing them on different days really cuts down on the number of attendance and makes things stale and boring. again imo.

as long as the venue has decent time and space, and qualified t.o's running both smash games on the same day is fine.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
i got burned buying fallout new vegas on sale the other day, pretty sure im never buying another video game again
I kind of feel the same about AAA titles, and have been for the last almost 10 years now since melee (except for SC2). I'm really worried about Diablo 3, but Blizzard seems to be immune to the "every game is terrible now" curse.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
so i woke up today at 4pm looking for the packers game. however it was actually monday 4pm. HOLY COW! i slept a lot. has this happen to anyone else? oh, when i am awake for like 4 hours a day, i play super meat bny. yeaaaaaa..i really wish that i got to play more smash with milwaukee, its this medication **** that im on makes me sleepy.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Insomnianchaz?

I need to get Super Meat Boy...but I'd rather have it on a console so ppl can chill and play it while sitting out during Quinkfest! Ah well, there'll be plenty to do I'm sure. No smash for me until POSSIBLY Thursday, but I really do need to save on the spending for a bit considering I had a very frivolous Christmas and I still need like, furniture...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Tales of Vesperia give me faith in new games.

Also if people are doing a smashfest tomorrow let me know, I want to meet the Madison people or heck just WI smash players.

I forgot to youtube that. I know what I am doing football day!

This will sound really dumb, but anyone have any idea how I can try to replicate Marth CGs on people with varied DI included? I was already given the idea to do it in training with CPU on evade.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I forgot to youtube that. I know what I am doing football day!

This will sound really dumb, but anyone have any idea how I can try to replicate Marth CGs on people with varied DI included? I was already given the idea to do it in training with CPU on evade.
play friendlies and experiment

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
just do lvl 1's to practice timing for DI behind, and level 9's to practice timing for no di. Once you have the timing down so you don't have to think about it, you can focus your attention to reading the di when you play an actual person.

And just like everyone else, I'm in for a smashfest in the milwaukee area whenever. call/text me (262)-565-7834 for those smashers that don't already have my number.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
And just like everyone else, I'm in for a smashfest in the milwaukee area whenever. call/text me (262)-565-7834 for those smashers that don't already have my number.
Look at that *****, giving his number out in the middle of the visited-by-roughly-ten-people WI poopchat thread.

I definitely want to smash this week, what time is the quinkfest gonna start? Anyone want to smash new year's eve in Madtown? EDIT: Or earlier this week?
Quinkfest is gonna be Sunday (or Saturday if anyone wants to celebrate the New Year at our place) at ANY time you WANT! But to give an official time...how about 4:30?

Tales of Vesperia give me faith in new games. Also if people are doing a smashfest tomorrow let me know, I want to meet the Madison people or heck just WI smash players.
See above ^^^ and Tales of Vesperia is amazing. I just wish the PS3 version would come out in the US =/

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
I'm coming for you sink! Although I haven't played anyone since our last matches, my thumb completely healed due to awesome healing techskill.

Top Bottom