• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

sanchaz

Smash Lord
okay, now this is enough johns, how the hell were we suppose to know all of this shiz

sanchaz

Smash Lord
okay wisconsin, sorry that this conflicts with most people, its understandable if you guys can't come. I believe the purpose of this tournament is to prove we can hold monthlies next school year so don't worry. oh, and maybe mvc3!!!

Mundungu: Zero is hilarious but hard to control, some combos are really hard with him. dante is easy but took some time, I'm not sure what to do for a 3rd character

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
My sister is on the team for some of the stuff at NoBrandCon. They still haven't put melee on the list of events yet. Apparently they need to have a minimum of 10 people that will definitely be going if they have a melee tourney/side event.

So far, these are the people I know who are going.

1. standardtoaster (me)
2. M0nkUn1t
3. eighteenspikes

So please, if you are going to NoBrandCon, please tell me so I can add you to this list. I have about two and a half to three hours from now to get this list filled out! Sorry for the rush. >.>

yoshq

Smash Master
me, loki, epic, and ushi (loki's brother and wife) everyone who comes with 18spikes, which should be like 4 people...

it's not even a question, cuz people are coming from madison and milwaukee that play melee... it would be silly to not include it. there was a melee setup with a bunch of people playing on it last year even though it wasn't an event.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeah, they're fine with melee players doing the melee tourney and using the payout system. I'm going to see if YoshQ wants to TO or co-TO this. Would anyone mind helping out TO'ing? They said there can be up to 4 TOs.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm going to be getting the gaming schedule today or tomorrow for NBC. That way YoshQ, me, and Eighteenspikes(if you are going and want to help) can set up the schedule for melee stuff. YoshQ and I had come to an agreement of doing something like this:

Friday is freeplay all day
Saturday is singles starting at 5PM that way it doesn't conflict with brawl(will get time schedule for this soon)
Sunday is doubles and freeplay(no idea on time for this)

I was thinking of having the melee stuff end at 9 or 10PM or something.

As for recording of melee, I don't know what to do. Recording melee is more important than recording brawl because they can save replays while melee cannot. They could also use the 3+ minute replay code if need be.

Basically, YoshQ will only be there on saturday to TO the singles, we'd need someone to TO on sunday(I was thinking 18spikes would if you are going and also going on sunday). Then we need recorders for melee. Any one able to bring recording equipment?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I got the schedule for NBC. Turns out it was on the homepage the entire time. :laugh: NBC schedule Also, i'm fine with melee not being recorded lol. Anyways, brawl is being ran from 12PM-2PM on saturday.

AFAIK melee can be ran all 3 days the entire time. i'll pm one of the game committee leaders the plan that YoshQ and I have come up with:
Friday and Sunday are Freeplay all day.
Saturday is singles from 2PM-6PM, then a one hour dinner break, then doubles from 7PM-11PM.
Also, YoshQ will be the TO for singles and doubles btw.

Sent this as a PM to them. I'll be hearing back from them soon.

yoshq

Smash Master
I got the schedule for NBC. Turns out it was on the homepage the entire time. :laugh: NBC schedule Also, i'm fine with melee not being recorded lol. Anyways, brawl is being ran from 12PM-2PM on saturday.

AFAIK melee can be ran all 3 days the entire time. i'll pm one of the game committee leaders the plan that YoshQ and I have come up with:
Friday and Sunday are Freeplay all day.
Saturday is singles from 2PM-6PM, then a one hour dinner break, then doubles from 7PM-11PM.
Also, YoshQ will be the TO for singles and doubles btw.
If anyone has any edits to this, feel free to post. I will send this as a PM to the gaming committee tomorrow night.
Please tell me you were talking about brawl. Melee can just be free play the whole time.

G

genkaku

I played a teams match with my toes. It was really hard and I was glad that puff has 6 jumps.
Still got 3 rests. So proud of myself, lol.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
i think they're moving me to sunday afternoon/evening

cause im ****ing tired

yea I got 2:45:58
oh snap, I woke up early to watch, too. That puts me back on schedule. awesome, think the change works out great for us both. guess I'll just watch jak and daxter in french now.

Top Bottom