• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
so no matter how you adjust the little slider thingy it wouldn't work for you?
while fully 2D, I see the image like a normal old school game.

the 3D slider on the 3DS is merely increasing the distance from the two in-game cameras for each eye.

as I increase the 3D, it is as if I am moving a camera towards the right (my right eye takes over because my left eye is somewhat blurry/weaker).

my brain realizes that combining the two images (one being crystal clear, and one being somewhat blurry) isn't going to work because the signal is too different, especially with the small screen / high pixels per inch.

so my brain shuts down my left eye and I am left with an image of the game's "right eye camera", along with a faint image of the left eye that is hard to see when the screen gets too busy.

the 3d effect is easier for me to see when it is a simpler image, but like flying over the islands in pilotwings is way too complicated and my brain is like "**** it"

if i tilt the 3ds to a very specific spot I can get both fields projected into my right eye (basically what you would see if you recorded a video of the 3ds on a camera). when i do this, I can see clearly both images built for each "eye" but my body literally cannot physically combine them or experience it the way it was intended.

it is like being a deaf musician.

I thought the reason the 3D seems to work with the DS was because it sort of makes me feel crosseyed. I have no idea if anyone else felt that way, but its a weird feeling. I can certainly tell that if you play for long periods on it you will suffer consequences. Anyany, I thought the built looked pretty good. The dpad looks likes its flimsy as paper, and I sort of have a nit-pick about durability.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
yo! u livin in milwaukee now quaz? r there any others smashers in the mil?
I am, but I'm not good at Melee.

Tis ok with the 3-D, it's a gimmick and even without it, it seems fine visual wise, with the 3-D it's a taste, some of my friends hated it and turned it off and found it to be better without it for one reason or another.

OoT 3-D, still gonna countdown to that.

#1 title for me.

Quaz

Smash Master
sup folk, yeah Im in Milwaukee area now. Wanna come over and play sometime? Brawl or melee I'm your man. (not literally)

Red Ryu it would be awesome to have you around for gas moneys and social talk!

EOF I miss you, lets go to this and do stuff.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
So who all from Madison is going to MN this weekend for sure? As far as I know, its just Sanchaz for sure right now, does anyone else want to go?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
ok some updates:
yadam just confirmed himself when he was "unlikely" before so now our car has 4 people. Since red ryu is at maybe, eof if you can confirm yourself 100% we'll pick you up, you're basically on the way.

I also didn't realize the drive is like 5 hours each way so we're gonna try to leave early and house w yoshq.

ORLY

Smash Master
I'd be down for coming to MN this weekend. Think I could get a carpool spot with one of your WI cars?

I don't think any IL is going. :/

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I'd be down for coming to MN this weekend. Think I could get a carpool spot with one of your WI cars?

I don't think any IL is going. :/
yayyyy, more prize money for me/fruitloop, lucky loops ftw.

m8undungu is the 42th jigglypiuff, spikes, and quaz, get some cereals for this tournament!

ORLY

Smash Master
Is there a car I can meet up with in Madison? That's almost directly on the route to MN from my town anyway.

Also said car would have to be leaving on Sunday morning or late Saturday night or I'll be unable to join. Lemme know, Wisconsinites!

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Probably can't go, I have two exams and a lab on Monday.

School > Smash.

Sorry. :/
double major in sociology/social work, it answers all of your problems, :D. but then you have to go to grad school. oh well, try to make the next madison tournament.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I have a venue and everything for the 16th of April, yes. The thread will go up Thursday around 6:30 PM after we finalize the details, which is what Sanchez meant. Frank, didn't you say you have to work the 23rd?

And sweet, an EC tournament. My family lives 20 minutes away.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Chris, we're going to be heading up to MN on Friday night most likely, or at least Saturday morning.

Sanchaz + Frank, does 5:00 on Friday work to head up to MN? We're going to stay at Chexr's, so bring some stuff to sleep on.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
]]]spikes can;t wait for blastcorps!, plus quaz, are you getting hammered before the tournament for real?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
okay quaz. i dont think the midwest can handle drunk quaz, or even regular quaz. spikes- please and i mean please watch him

Top Bottom