• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why would anyone play this character?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lmao, just kidding. Ike is fun as **** to play.

Sethlon and I sometimes go double Ike in teams LOL. It's sooo fun.

I don't really know what the point of this topic is lol.

Umm...

Ike is one of my favorite characters to play in friendlies. Yep. He's actually probably my most played character in friendlies lol.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lmao, just kidding. Ike is fun as **** to play.

Sethlon and I sometimes go double Ike in teams LOL. It's sooo fun.

I don't really know what the point of this topic is lol.

Umm...

Ike is one of my favorite characters to play in friendlies. Yep. He's actually probably my most played character in friendlies lol.

loved the title.....

Uffe

Smash Hero
Ike is a pretty good character. I haven't played him for a long while now.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow.

This thread is terrible. =)
Compare it with the other topics on this board then get back at me :).

Because you wanted to create a thread with zero relevance? On a more serious note, ask yourself why you chose your main, and that's probably the general answer you're going to get.
Dude...why so serious?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ike is like the fat chick everyone ****s on the side but no one would take to a party.

It doesn't matter, you're still porking a fatty.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My answer:

You created a thesis (your topic title) and your body (OP) bears no relevance towards it. zzz

zzz
I feel stupid now thanks lol.

I'm tired :/.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
NO U

It's metagame is going nowhere do to the lack of good Ike mainers. I've still yet to see an Ike other then myself who uses the counter good and consistant.
You just haven't seen me in action *thumbs up with a smile*.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's exatly why you aren't able to see me in action, I have no recording device. :(

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Ike is so lame because of the way people play him.

No one ever bothers to space at all. Just smash aaa over and over and try to hit with the fsmash. That crap gets annoying. I hate fighting against Ike more than I do MK.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Ike is so lame because of the way people play him.

No one ever bothers to space at all. Just smash aaa over and over and try to hit with the fsmash. That crap gets annoying. I hate fighting against Ike more than I do MK.
You're clearly fighting bad Ikes then.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Cambrial, you're almost right, but i would call them "bad" just not great.

I'm not calling your character cheap or anything, but noob strategies are annoying to fight if you know what I mean. Kinda like a roll spamming Lucario or a >b spamming Fox.

Hoser

Smash Ace
I know exactly what you mean. Try fighting one of our better Ikes. Kirk, Light, Ryko, and for some reason I feel like I'm forgetting someone. I'll play you, but I barely ever play wifi, so lag always ends up killing me.

D

Deleted member

charge forward smashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I know exactly what you mean. Try fighting one of our better Ikes. Kirk, Light, Ryko, and for some reason I feel like I'm forgetting someone. I'll play you, but I barely ever play wifi, so lag always ends up killing me.
There's Silven, Alucard, and Empy as well right?

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Its kind of obvious. Hes the evolved form of Roy. And Roy is da best char hes got a phire s0rd. So Ike is even better.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I don't tink yagamilight is up to kirk/silvens level where the hell did you get that idea from?

Also charge forward smashes.
Correct, I wouldn't say I'm quite at their level. Though I'll try to get some more videos up in the future besides the few Yoshi ones I posted.

This was an interesting topic, regardless.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
I'd hit slow points with Ike at times, but I eventually overcome them.
And as far as "best Ikes", we have to take into consideration that an even better one exists (Buts I still idolize the known top) somewhere out there.

But hey, isn't it true that people were finding new things two years after the release of melee, so I can only hope that the same might happen with Brawl and might give Ike the extra push that he needed.

Top Bottom