• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why play pichu????

Beanman

Smash Cadet
if you look closely I main ice climbers they take more mental engery than anyone else in the game and alos tech skill. you don't make any cents. and I play around with most of the cast. pichu easly has some of the most powerful mental effects in the whole game and he has more tools for mess with your head them most peoplee worse in the game I feel he should move a spot or 3.
How does that not make sense? By improving your skill with a popular character, you will be able to better understand what the character wants to do, allowing you to push an opponent into a tough spot, or bait a easily punishable move. If pichu does, as you say, have "some of the most powerful mental effects in the whole game and he has more tools for mess with your head" then you should strive to be more than just casually familiar with high tier characters, especially if you want to do well at tournaments with him. Then again, I could be completely wrong with the idea that learning an opponents spacing, set ups, and mind games will help you read them better, and if I am please correct me.
Also, not wanting to be a **** as perhaps english is your second language, but spell check is your friend. It takes two seconds and make reading your responses much easier.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I thought you meant something esle sorry. you said like play as 2 or 3 top tiers to get better as pichu. I play as most of the cast every now and then but pichu's gameplay is pretty different. And also I play very different as some like I Sh with the C-stick as bowser, I don't approach much as falco, and I have a really spamy ice climbers.

You know what your talking but I play different so I expect different and really that is limited in helpfulness.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Well your just plain dumb, everyone loves falcon just play as falcon and make a combo video. People care a lot more about that than pichu's juggle

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
why play pichu? Attention.
no wai.

Pichu is like...the fastest low tier character, I swear to god. SO MOBILE. The fluid movement feels like sex. <3

and I love Pichu...cutest character in the world. BEST COSTUMES...2 taunts.

and omg...its just awesome to play Pichu.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Cause i'm the most techically pichu as of now wtf I really wish I wasn't. Also pikachu was to fast and sucked so I never played as him plus pichu is kind of like me in a way. I've talked to people about junk and I took my hand and slamed my head agaist a wall next to me just to F*** them up really bad, really most of my life I try to mess with people really bad mentally. Even with walk i've confused people. One minute i'm on their right then i'm on their left and they look right, ahead and behind and are a little confused, then sometimes I will on do that when we walk though double doors and they will get used to it then I won't switch up.

Well victra you can't spell awesome without something awesome in it like awepichusome.

ALso the guy who said I should play as top tiers to understand match-ups didn't know what he was talking about. I F***ed my self up by playing as everyone.

Also i'm going all pichu here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257434

D

Deleted member

I made a thread saying why Pichu is amazing at another website, but I guess I can just copy and paste it here. Sorry itIs so long, lol. This was made at a website where people who main Pika in Brawl gather, btw (although there are also some Pichu and Pika mains who only play Melee).

1. Sakurai was smart enough to realize Pika is too boring to be in Brawl, so he got rid of him, and kept Pichu. Pichu was so happy he evolved. If you main Pika in Brawl, it makes sense to play as the same character, who was Pichu back then.

2. Pichu hurts himself and has no range. That makes victory so much sweeter!

3. He's underrated, lol.

5. Pichu is amazing.

6. Pichu has two taunts (three if you count his dtaunt)!

8. You have a legit john every time you win or lose a match.

9. Pichu has a lot of chain grabs (although everyone else probably has more and better ones).

10. He's the mascot of the most popular pokemon generation or whatever.

11. Agility lasts six frames at longest, making it the fastest recovery move in the game, also making it hard to gimp Pichu.

12. Supposedly Pichu's recovery goes slightly farther than Pika's.

13. Pichu's recovery has more options when using the second jump than Pika's.

14. Pichu's fully charged skull back can kill at extremely low percents (as low as 30%, WITH DI), making it great for punishing someone trying to punish your recovery. Still pretty much useless, though, lol.

15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1BJcdrKAbk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fre6FTMo-E

16. Everyone loves Pichu dittos, and will sometimes MM Pichu dittos. Since Pichu dittos are some of the more common dittos, you might actually earn money by maining Pichu!

17. He supposedly has the sixth best usmash and supposedly the one of the best fsmashes in the game.

18. He's very small, and therefore very difficult to hit.

19. PICHU JOHNS! When someone loses to a Pichu, they usually john, called "Pichu johns". Some common Pichu johns are "I'm rusty...", "You have the good controller port!", "I can't hit him!" and "All you do is juggle me!". These are only as few Pichu johns, but you need to main Pichu to hear more (or be the person doing the johning, but you'll just make yourself look like an idiot).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
1. pichu was to cool for brawl that was a different pikachu different eye color I believe.

6pichu has more taunts than anyone esle in smash any self-hurting move is also a taunt

11/12.pichu's up-B is slower and doesn't go as far and the worse sweetspot ever. but it is the most lagless move in melee plus good way to move

17 in knockback yes very yes.

19 is wwwwaaaaaaayyyyy to true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8M9WqCvCk&feature=channel amazing use of taunt mindgames

D

Deleted member

1. pichu was to cool for brawl that was a different pikachu different eye color I believe.

6pichu has more taunts than anyone esle in smash any self-hurting move is also a taunt

11/12.pichu's up-B is slower and doesn't go as far and the worse sweetspot ever. but it is the most lagless move in melee plus good way to move

17 in knockback yes very yes.

19 is wwwwaaaaaaayyyyy to true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8M9WqCvCk&feature=channel amazing use of taunt mindgames
I was trying to convince Brawl fans to main him, lol.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Pichu is awesome, not better than many people, but he is awesome, he can KO
people as low as 40% but why is he still low tier?
Is it his tiny frame? his poor sidestep? What?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
most people CAN 0 death people pichu can but it's rare his range is really poor which helps make combos really hard. I mean i've gotten grabs before and take whole stocks before easily not all chain throwing or tech chasing. Really I don't believe there have been many people who even knew how to use pichu right(not saying i'm doing it right but I do play a little different) Pichu has a good roll it's pretty far also rolls are other really important as falcon and ICe Climbers falcon's roll is better than his spot dodge and ICs are de-synced after the roll.

the main flaws of pichu are the following no one takes hits SSSSSOOOOO bad as him(other than maybe fox) he has decent DI, has to much hit stun, everyone chain throws him, can't nair out like mario, puff or luigi, he is the lightest, plus self damage adds up faster for that reason.

then range speacks for it's self.

range and takeing hits mostly which can be taken care of for the most part by movement. Really that's one of the most important things as pichu, if you have bad movement you will die so fast.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hmm,(Looks at main) Pichu is just sent flying to easy? is that all?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
No his main problems are takeing hits and his range.

his range really messes up his anti air, approach, combos, edge gaurd,beating moves, escapeing combos of disjointed people and etc. range makes everything easier for the most part like think of marth f-tilting someone SHFFLing to him he wins think of pichu f-tilts someone approaching.

think of marth fair comboing someone think of marth trying to do that with a sword 1/3 of the size it would be so much harder. Same thing for edge gaurd and approach.

Really I was talking about his big flaws.

other flaws would be smallest sweetspot in game, attacks lack hitstun in most cases preventing longer combos, worse tech in game(funny but his tech in place is the best tech in the game due to extra inv. frames), F-smash is fairly easy to sdi out of, down-smash is really lagy, some moves are really bad for building up damage, but are really good for combos like up-tilt and up-air.

Really I could go on in small nearly unimportant flaws that are easy to overcome like the small sweetspot.

Also I know to much about pichu really just because I main ice climbers doesn't mean I don't know much about pichu. Really ask random people I know to much.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I thought about why ice climbers till to like pichu and I think know why. 1. better grab as whole 2. both pichu and ice climber are really boucey chartcers watch ice climbers wd and wlak they bouce a lot they have a spring in their step. Pichu bounces when standing still and just feels bouncey over all.

Also yes pichu is uber annoying for some reason I think it's because he is impossible to hit and he is simplely to short to fight in most cases and you should NEVER lose to him everyone can space him out when below and on ground level or his sides. But he is only gay to fight not to watch really.

Also I think he COULD be the perfect mental warfare character. I don't think there is one(as in sticking to one tactic) really good way to fight him other than grabing him. All of his B moves can mess with people, his cuteness, slow walk, movement, just his size/being uber hard to hit, able to slip in and out very well, amazing at baiting people to where he needs them, just the fact it's pichu a joke/self-damage, losing to pichu, getting hit by a fully charged side-B ot F-smash, can't rest or whatever esle, his size can easily kill a good number of approachs like falcon won't nair, knee, and upair nearly as much falco's lasers are easy to powersheild for pichu, and they have no idea what pichu can and will do.

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ I never thought of that one. Losing to a Pichu. So... would you say it reasonable to believe, that the closer one is to losing to a Pichu, the more pressure there is? Granted, I'm sure EVERYone starts to have a racing pulse when on their last stock, or in the last minute of the match and just barely trailing in points... but... what if the person losing has a huge ego, and doesn't appreciate the fact they're being beaten by the "joke character" of Melee? Is it possible to think that one would lose their train of thought just by the very fact they are losing to the electric mouse?
Again, I know this could be applied to anyone losing against anyone... but still. I cannot help but wonder. I know I become frustrated when I start losing to the likes of a strong Game, Samus or Yoshi, whereas if I were to ever face a Marth or Sheik or even Pichu, I would keep my cool to the very end.

Just... a thought.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I can keep my cool pretty well which is a requirment for ice climbers and pichu more than most people they take so much mental engery it's really hard sometimes they can't just stall or space and keep their cool they have to keep fighting and if they mess up their tech skill they are highly punished. Really hard plus nana is more of a pain for the ice climbers than one would think sometimes I start playing much better with nana dead because popo becomes normal and I don't have to worry nearly as much.

Pichu can't just be camped or spaced out pichu can easily slip in sometimes unlike most low tiers

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Why play as pichu?

He's one of the best jugglers and CG'ers in the game and his f-smash is overly powerful and a great edge-guarding tool but I cry at the times when a match ends early because a falco f-smash kills me at 87% or a fox u-smash kills at 82% >_<,

Top Bottom