• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why play pichu????

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
keep in mind pichu is about 7 years behind, and no one has ever been techical with pichu till me. Sorry I don't have any videos up.
This is what I tried to stress when I said that the Pichu videos I watched were rather lackluster. I feel he has a bit more to offer, and just needs more time put into him. I feel the same way about Ness, who I also am planning on working on until I can compete with him in a tournament setting.

EDIT: And where's that PM with all your notebook pages of Pichu stuff? :p

unknown522

Some guy
Fine.
cons
light
chain throwable
self-damage
short techs
poor range

pros
uber fast
powerful
a few chain throws+tech chase
2 projectiles
up-B is flexible for recovery and approach
great recovery and anto edge gaurd
good edge gaurd
vey large sheild
good juggle
many grab set-ups
very hard to hit/ combo in SOME cases
can't be pillared/waveshined even on a wall
can't be camped easily-fast,small,can run under missles, duck/jump lasers
immue to all but one ice climber chain throw (jigglpuff have 2 handoff and jab reset)
really good with mindgames with short walk, taunt,couch,hard to predict, etc
stage glitchs help mindgames/approach
hard to juggle for a long time-small,up-B around them and you juggle them,down-B
Amazing SHFFL
NO really weak stages that mess you up bad, unlike ice climbers, sheik,bowser, etc.
good with platforms on or off
no useless moves or near useless can someone say unlike kirby,ness,fox,falco,marth, and m2
best pummel in the game comes on frame 3 and holds them 2 frames longer than other people's 6 for pichu 4 for them

I am think I am forgeting alot of stuff

I hav an idea on how to let us pichu players deal with chain throws and techchaser a little better. if they miss the grab and see that you didn't tech it what do you think they will do? jad reset grab right? I heard if you di up a some % if won't work, your pichu your light so you should get out much earlyier by diing up and maybe you could even get a nair on her.

Don't try on j-puff it's not worth it plus the fact pichu is small stops them from trying different things
It sucks a lot that the cons outweigh the pros by a huge amount.

yes. on j-puff I don't think so, other than maybe nair nair or full hop B to something. Vs ffers upair=move of your picking
- f-air -> f-tilt links on floaties / semi-floaties.

- n-air -> n-air works if they don't DI away between 35 - 60%.

- rapid jabs aren't bad for pichu. You can get like 12%.

- u-air -> d-air / n-air works on everyone except jiggs (you may have to be landing with u-air for peach / zelda).

- Reverse f-air -> u-smash can work on floaties.

- The second hit of d-air on the ground links to grab and f-tilt on floaties.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
that list is a joke right?

like he cant seriously think that all those are true.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I edited out mindgames and uber somewhere esle but what's wrong with it? ANd axis I have been working on some anti marth stuff, but I don't know if I want to bring it out now because if marths know it could counter it and I feel the stuff could easily gay the heck out of marth and avoid his range thing and use the fact your faster and can get around very good.

Heck I have alot of notes and junk that could be very useful or wrong but at least over half is useful It's based on mindgames and moveing tatics and whatnot. and if anyone can read these mindgame ideas then it's open water for everyone to use agaist pichu. I figure I write some in notepad and pm some people but you understand. plus it's hard to show pictures here

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
Insane Crazy guy you going to pound 4?
I doubt it. I'm pretty sure he said he's never been to a tourney. We're in the same boat in that category. :( I've gotta get out to a tourney sometime soon, probably not until I can drive myself though.

T0mmy says he thinks Peach and Samus are Pichu's worst matchups. What kind of advantages does Samus have that makes it a worse matchup than Marth? The only reason I could see Pichu beating a Marth is the fact that Pichu is fast enough to punish the tiny amount of lag Marth actually has, but he's beaten in pretty much every other aspect of the game. Marth's fair>techchase+insane grab range+Pichu's poor tech roll=gg.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I,ve been to two tournys both brawl but I always do it for melee I don't even want to try brawl anymore its any to gay for me to play. When and where and what crap for pound 4 I geuss I can use all the money i,ve been saving up and get a job. Heck I want to get in the melee action. I can never get a ride to save my life. But axis lives in az and it has a much better tourny sence than here.

But I will try to make it, but again chances for low, but I knew that the minute I missed at picking fox

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
pound 4 is in MA but it is a international tourny...mango, m3k, armada and a bunch more pro'
s will be their

ooo pc chris said he is coming out of retirement for it and maybe azen as well

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
that is true but man i promise you it would be worth it for your smash career

you would mos def meet a lot of ppl and pro's

trust me it is gonna be a huge tourny i think so far 200 confirmed and already payed for singles and teams and venue

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey it's far and I don't have a S*** lot of money or parents that will support me for this(not talking money i,m talking leting me go). But I want to go.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
It's actually in MD. And about a 10-hour drive. I'm sure there'll be someone you can carpool with if you agree to pay for meals along the way or somethin'.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I said Peach and Samus were two of Pichu's worst matchups simply because they are so difficult to KO. Even the top tiers can get gimped or has some (albeit simple) strategy against them.
CG Fox and gimp his recovery (Pichu's edge-guards are pretty effective against him)
Marth is surprisingly easy to combo (guess it's his floatiness) and can gimp his recovery.

But Peach and Samus... bleh, just annoying.

But Sheik is probably one of the worst top tiers to have to face up against simply because of her CG.

rhan

Smash Hero
pound 4 is in MA but it is a international tourny...mango, m3k, armada and a bunch more pro'
s will be their

ooo pc chris said he is coming out of retirement for it and maybe azen as well
Pound 4 is in Maryland. MA is the abbreviations for Massachusetts. MD is Maryland.

Hey it's far and I don't have a S*** lot of money or parents that will support me for this(not talking money i,m talking leting me go). But I want to go.
Not to be rude. But how old are you? If you're over age 17, No johns. I'm making the trip to MD on my own funds with a few friends. Paying for my own food, gas, hotel (If it comes down to that). My mom doesn't care what I do as long as I use my money. My dad will probably shaperone how he did when I paid my way to NC for HERB2.

4real no johns. IL isn't that far.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I,m 16, but If I can't make it's my own d*** fault I argee. Unless of course I lived in china or something like that which I don't. Oh yeah upair has a good amount of stun. it really can set up grabs

wool

Smash Ace
I may be going now to pound 4...its like a 20 minute drive or something.
I'll be using Pichu if I go so be on the lookout :)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Bad news I can't get a job because everyday I have to watch my brothers till 7:00 sometimes later and my weekends are filled. 0pichu dittos are crazy and I think I will lose I don't know which ways to sdi for pichu's f-smash

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu dittos aren't fair he has the most powerful f-smash in knockback and it's hitbox is larger than any one your moves and your the lightest person in the game, he can chain throw you half to death and he has many grab set-ups. And the mindgames are worse than veitnam. Pichu dittos are crazy. I,m going to have to think of some other good way to make make money even if I have about $150 right now I have to worry about chirtmas and brithdays, because i,m to nice and it's going to be the cause of my death

rhan

Smash Hero
You realise that F-smash may be powerful but it's easy to get out of. Only the last hit of the move does the knock back. Everything else just racks damage.

Batmansince1939 said:
laugh yea i am bad for saying ma lmao thanks rhan....will i be seeing you at ethers with sman, rhan?
If Ether's still hosting for Sunday. We're there. Hopefully I'm not too worn out with work and this party today I just got word of. :(

wool

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say it is easy to get out of F-smash. I use the 1.0 version though. I heard its easier to get out of in the 1.1 and 1.2 versions :(

rhan

Smash Hero
I forget there are 2 versions sometimes. I have the newer version. So the rapid hits last longer. Like Young Link's staged up B, Samus's staged up B, etc. So it may possibly be difficult if you don't predict the move happening. So in the older versions it's all about reading the move.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
yea to bad tho rhan i probally won't be seeing you at ethers justin and frank(if you know tyhem the twins) 18th bday is on sunday....yet they have still not invited me so who knows i might be coming up their anyways

and woah honestly i know this is bad but i think pichu's upsmash is his best smash attack

I think it is easy to mind game and even tho the hitbox is small if you use his speed that up smash kills at low percents

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I feel in should be said to be mental flexible in smash today I slowly became more serious each match vs my sister at one point she beat my fox and it feel she earned it, I quickly wordered why and I figured out it was because I wasn't being flexible to approach different ways do unneeded moves to bait sloppy gameplay then fast pace hardcore gameplay together dd around her without trying to get a grab at one point I just started fire foxing randomly and not to her the to a spot on the ground.

My point is relax and let your mind flow be unpredictable, always relax and clear your mind before every match don't pressure yourself it's why my ice climbers aren't world frameous :chuckle: because I have to always worry about nana and I go into overdrive when nana is death beacuae my mind has freed up a lot of space but the ice climbers are the hardest to play as in every possblie way

Hey TresChikon for your sig just quote something I say because I,m bound to say something awesome.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Someone should sig that about pichu dittos. I mean dude that's nuts and funny and your also a douche for laughing, to good. It turns out pichu can chain throw sheik longer than sheik can chain throw pichu d-throw tech chase with di and trying do an air or escape 62%. sheik can take pichu up to 58% incudling that stuff, but wtf f-tilt and this is decayed. I,ve been messing with dair I said something abou it in the going somewhere thread at my last post. and dair, up-B, up-smash anyone I think it could work I like the angle, has really good hitstun and stuff like proity and speed, plus I think we should call pichu's dair the spartan ....... mother ****er I had the greatest idea ever and now it's gone.

I,m going to go into a rage fit and hurt pichu(win)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Like I said mindgames worse than veitnam. I,m not going tosay ANYTHING about who is better m2 or pichu, because they both have some huge flaws pichu' biggest flaw is range and m2's is I would think his huge easy to hit body pr lack or kill moves... unlike pichu, but really I don't want to get into that till everyone is like oh S*** pichu is way better than before.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
WOAH!!!!! A PICHU MAIN!!!! From mutibashing i,ve gotten in their theory you have never won a game vs a person. because you play as pichu. Is their theory right? Do you have 100% lose rate as pichu? Don't worry I will never let them get to me, many come at me p***ed and junk and say all my iudeas are retarted. Funny how I have tryed and found things and they never have tryed and found nothing because it involes trying.

Pichu players have to be hardcore mentally(not saying you have to be smart or dumb because if you want you can be both) but to be able to focus and not get messed with, your the one messing with there head. I had someone telling me to get out of his head today because I really F*** with people's heads and when they know I am I tell them how much I love to get in people's heads and watch them crack. He had to walk away from me. Again the mind is a deadly weapon the you can use in one hand and a sword in the other. it's metaphore.

But congrats to trying

Steelia

Smash Champion
Naw, I dabble in Pichu.

He's got an even bigger WTF factor than Kirby lol...
Seriously. I don't see why Kirby's at the bottom; Pichu's the quicker-stronger clone versus the slower-stronger... Only, he's incredibly, incredibly light. I cannot tell you how many nicely-placed Up-Smashes I've used, only to be countered at 40%-50% and get killed off. I HATE that.

But still. Pichu's insanely strong. Forward's got the best knockback of any move I know, up-Smash is great, even the aerial-A and back-air are good in power. Only, being so light, and also being soooo incredibly close-ranged (topped with hurting itself)... Argh.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Ahh I love everything I all psycho laughing when I saw someone post something here. But yeah really he has more going for him than kirby and_____(I will get list why i,m wrong if I put a name here).

But heck I don't what people think of pichu anymore because they DON'T main him, they DON'T even know all his pros and flaws, they DON'T know his highest level of play and so forth.

I my book pichu to anyone who wants to argue I think pichu is at LEAST(as in the lowest he should be) 3rd from the bottom.

And if he is the worse I geuss I will use some really sick mind tactics, not as in awesome but as in you sicko sick.

Back to a worth while topic. I know pichu can run off jump nair double jump away from the stage with another nair and make it back. any ideas for what we could do? I kind of wish we could get so j-puff stuff going on. And my pichu is much smoother now I random;y dd/wd in spot and up-B to them. I love it that's why I picked up marth for a little bit to make my pichu really really smooth. How anyone esles pichu comong along?

wool

Smash Ace
TBH ive been playing too much falco the last few weeks. Hes definitely my best so I want to keep him up.
but I want to main Pichu he is just so beast. So from now until Pound 4 I am going to only play Pichu (like legit). I need you guys to help me out so that I dont stray back to Falco.

Nice job ICG on your Pichu :)
AND NICE WE HAVE ANOTHER PICHU MAIN

Top Bottom