• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why play pichu????

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't 100% main pichu But I do feel better about my pichu wining than other people. If you can you can upload videos and ask for advice. Funny thing My ice climbers suck really bad now and I,m gettiing better as falco/pichu my I,m only trying as pichu. yeah I need to play more as the poeple I enjoy the most

wool

Smash Ace
Yeah my favorite two to play are pichu and falco.
i think in serious tournies i will play falco, but for friendlies/small local tournies i will use pichu.
i want to advance both of them.

i played a bunch of pichu today and a good thing i found is that its really easy to waveland with him on YS, battlefield, and the other platform neutrals since his jump basically ends exactly where the platform is. Its pretty insignificant, but I dont **** up my wavelands as much with him lol

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I love playing Pichu against FFers, they freak out when you 0-death CG them.

Especially those scrubb Falcons who spam knee and end up b*tching about me being cheap...with Pichu.

wool

Smash Ace
I love playing Pichu against FFers, they freak out when you 0-death CG them.

Especially those scrubb Falcons who spam knee and end up b*tching about me being cheap...with Pichu.
Haha

Yeah Pichu vs Falcon/Fox is like my favorite matchup....even though they suck for Pichu.
You can actually combo them lol

TresChikon

Smash Lord
The thing is that Pichu can still punish predictability just as hard as top tiers. Cuz he so frickin fast.

Just don't get grabbed yourself. CF can CG you with d-throw, I had no idea.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
My brother played the gatest falcon I,ve ever heard of for a long time he would chain throw me and CC everything, and whin about pichu mostly his upair. I wouldn't say as hard waveshineing and ice climber junk are some of the highest levles of punishment in the game pichu can't overkill the F*** out of everyone like that. But he can can he can punish pretty fast oh yeah falcon's dair works great vs pichu because it's so hard to land anything esle.

But that is great for up-smash and up-tilt. Oh yeah random;y today I played as falcon vs 3 level 1 pichu cpus and dude it's freaky when pichu loses. He/she loses like my avatar.

wool

Smash Ace
My brother played the gatest falcon I,ve ever heard of for a long time he would chain throw me and CC everything, and whin about pichu mostly his upair. I wouldn't say as hard waveshineing and ice climber junk are some of the highest levles of punishment in the game pichu can't overkill the F*** out of everyone like that. But he can can he can punish pretty fast oh yeah falcon's dair works great vs pichu because it's so hard to land anything esle.

But that is great for up-smash and up-tilt. Oh yeah random;y today I played as falcon vs 3 level 1 pichu cpus and dude it's freaky when pichu loses. He/she loses like my avatar.
Hahaha

yeah now that i think about it CF would have to rely less on those nairs, and more on the dairs (which can be really risky) and lastSecondUairs.

If only Pichu was so small that he could avoid the knee altogether :laugh:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
just freakin duck and rest him L-cancel and de-synce down-smashes into a falcon punch. the greatest combo of all time if you didn't know. :) but it is much harder to knee pichu than anyone esle in the game I don't know why I mean it's so small of a differentce it's crazy.

I don't know abou upair it could work as well as up-tilt I want can't think with my fingers and it seems funny, but go for it. But yeah doesn't the good part of nair come from the top?

wool

Smash Ace
haha ya uairs dominate :)

the strong part of Falcon's nair is the second kick :( but its still semi hard to hit Pichu, or it can be annoying.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
holy crap I remember this from the past and in the post I said something dude I think I remember and stuff. but falcon needs a dair or grab to get off. upair and nair could work but with pichu's fast movement and stuff I really doubt you will get a lot and pichu is shorter when he/she runs around. dairs are more predictable than grabs so yeah

wool

Smash Ace
yeah, and whats awesome is that pichu can punish CF's dairs pretty badly.

hmm now im not sure if FD is a better choice against CF or a battlefield...
if on FD neither player wants to approach the other (epic dash dancing mindgames? lol).
Though Pichu can somewhat safely approach by FH a jolt and chasing it...though not too reliable, but its better than anything cfalcon has. Whereas on platforms if Pichu is above falcon its not a good sight :p and Pichu loses the advantage of having a safer approach than CFalcon.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah which would be better FD of BF? FD is great for falcons DD games and has a higher ceiling than BF whick protects you from dair a little. plus falcon can't up-B onto a platform like BF. pichu has a longer chain throw but so does falcon(not much longer but longer due to legth). pichu can't mess with the platforms which really helps but falcon has some platform game too but not as good. pichu lives a little longer on FD due to lower blastline on bottom and longer on the sides.

But if you are on a platform falcon is more likely to hit you. DF if you try to just P*** him off and down-B CAN combo falcon. I really don't know but I think I would go to battle field or something crazy like jungle japes or brinstar.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
BF is an amazing neutral for Falcon, so is FD, but you can DD camp just as well as he can.

You get the added advantage of CGs on FD though, and I believe if you DI up and away, CF can't regrab, but he can probs u-air you.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
upair isn't as bad as a chain throw I would think at low percents you could Di down to get out. Do you know which way to di for sheik? falcon is more likely to mess up anyways from shorter grab and throws pichu super fast

Smash Master
You can't DI Sheik, ever. One grab sets you up for 80% to a tilt to a fair/uair. That's why the matchup is ********.

Playing against Sheik really helps you in other MUs though, since not getting grabbed is paramount to playing Pichu at a high level.

As for counterpicking Falcon, my old standby, Mute City, seems appropriate. Forcing people to land on stage is funtimes.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I can see how mute city would be good I don't like the normal flat pormform It feels like a small FD and you don't have room to FH B very good and a random down-B, I can't do any of my up-B tricks at random time due to movement and how up-B can't always get a smooth landing. But yeah good recovery/edge gaurd is great there like you said. But yeah falcon needs much more space that you.

I think you can get out in the 60s with good di up. and if she misses tech in spot or don't tech at all so she will try to jab reset you just di up

wool

Smash Ace
yeah which would be better FD of BF? FD is great for falcons DD games and has a higher ceiling than BF whick protects you from dair a little. plus falcon can't up-B onto a platform like BF. pichu has a longer chain throw but so does falcon(not much longer but longer due to legth). pichu can't mess with the platforms which really helps but falcon has some platform game too but not as good. pichu lives a little longer on FD due to lower blastline on bottom and longer on the sides.

But if you are on a platform falcon is more likely to hit you. DF if you try to just P*** him off and down-B CAN combo falcon. I really don't know but I think I would go to battle field or something crazy like jungle japes or brinstar.
this is like legit exactly what i was thinking.

jungle japes would ****, i gotta try it out tomorrow and see if there is any cool thing pichu can do there (and if up-b cancel is possible on the middle part (it is small, but im pretty sure you can do it)).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I,m tied but I will refresh in a little bit. I could use some words truth or lie to cheer me up. But I will jkeep going even with my legs broken off. Crap I use melee to keep me sane and I can't right now. I doubt I will be able to make it to pound 4 but maybe I might get lucky. Sadly I don't believe in luck.

Hey try jumping up on the top plaform of battlefield and sheild any upairs or attcaks and up-B down to were they land to punish them

wool

Smash Ace
Ooh that could work on people like ganon and floaties. you could even do a uair->thunder safely even if they DI.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking fox and marth(to bad his upair isn't as lagy as I remember and he could just use something esle).

But yeah that was one of my ideas from my notebook one of the better ones in truth

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Do you know anything about pichu vs marth? I got super ***** but hey EVERYONE was wrong about me I played like a hour and a half and only took a few stocks but everyone was wrong about me I am a machine I can't stop or give up.

I didn't john or quit I did do retarted things I should be slaped for when I wasn't thinking like Diing to marth when he throw me but I didn't get edge gaurded due to my mix ups in recovering. But this was the first time i,ve ever fought a marth and then his sheik haha God wasn't there when they invented sheik's D-throw.

I love fighting falco's now, really hard to get in but it's fun. oh yeah you don't get pined down when you duck under a laser.

but yeah any advice for pichu vs marth is cool like stages or what ever. can't wait to see someone post give up or something funny and clever like that.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I typed out an arguement about it but you know what? I don't you to be POed today you should have a great day.

Have a great day. I still might do it IF it works when I use it if not I won't simple as that learn the first time it doesn't work. My mind works is an odd way.

rhan

Smash Hero
Everytime I enter the Pichu realm, I tend to lose a few IQ point four evary tyme i red a poast.

On a serious note. Please show intellegence. Accept the fact that Pichu is garbage and will never amount to anything in life. Not even to reproduction.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu sucks I understand my problem is I try and I don't quit trying. sorry everyone. I really don't stop but how come nothing is said on the things that really matter? I asked about pichu vs marth I know I get ***** like 5-95 maybe a little worse or better for pichu but marth is better in about every way only thing going for pichu is very small combos, a small chain throw, and pichu is really hard to edgegaurd I think he only got me one or twice in all of the matches and I surviced a F-smash near the edge(not recovering) at like 85%(I was at 100& after he hit me and before I recoved) or so percent on yoshi's story so marth has to relie on up-tilts and F-smashes(rarly edge gaurd) for kills

If you can't tell me anything for fighting marth or even stage advice or esle useful in any scents WHy post? There have been some good topics to look at and needed other peoples' veiws and advice but nothing was said. Oh well I suck but at least I know I suck and try. also rhan I once said you suck for camping please forgive me I am sorry.

rhan

Smash Hero
Camping is the easiest way to fustrate and win. Why the hell do you think I main the 3 biggest campers in the game?

btw. I'm not good. I have no tourney results to prove my worth at any big toruney. I can't make it out of pools to any tourney I went to. HEBR2 I didn't make it out due to the fact I lost to every player in my pool except a couple of noobs. (Also it was filled with Falco and Marth. OHOHOHOOH SO MUCH FUN FUSTRATION!)

No johns. I'm a bad player thinking he;s good in his own little world.

zack152

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I recently went all pichu in a tournament and got pretty wrecked lol. I was having a pretty off day though, girlfriend was having problems so every 10 seconds I was trying to check my phone in the middle of matches XD.

I wouldnt say Pichu is garbage but I definently think you have to be a really patient player to play him, or just a really smart player in general. Sadly I didnt play any marths so I cant give ya much advice ICG. I played a lot of falcons, sheiks, and foxs :p

On a side note, nair>nair>nair is the best combo ever =0

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I got a upair bair nair I think but I,m to focused on movement or maybe not enought. pichu really needs some kind of ground attack with decent speed I mean he could run jab or grab but yeah d-tilt doesn't set up anything maybe in a future d-tilt up-B nair or something.

Also I messed up a few times with up-B and just thinking in all why did I always L to get back on as everyone :(

falcons and falcos are really fun to me foxes are too but not as fun SHFFL upair it's great I believe you can easily autocancel it and don't taunt 17 times a match It's a great way to lose to falco.

How well does the up-B stuff work for you? I still have to say as long as you don't mess up or use it like a retart you will be fine and untouched

zack152

Smash Journeyman
For ground attacks I love Pichus utilt, like a lot. I try to set myself up backwards because its easier to hit with but yeah, it sets up for combos pretty well.

I try not to spam the upB at all really. All I used it for in tourney matches was to get down off of ledges when someone was underneath me and when I got bored so Id show off by going top ledge to one of the sides to the ledge =D

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings

Beanman

Smash Cadet
I am going to give you the same advice I gave this kid who would refuse to listen to anyone when they told him to try playing sheik instead of zelda, play another character. Seriously play 2-3 high tier characters and practice heavily with them to learn their spacing, combos, and typical techniques. You can improve your mind games, which will improve your game overall, and possibly place using pichu.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Spoken, have truer words not been.
Being a constant Mewtwo, I'm very well aware on how Mewtwo works... and, "consequently," whenever I am another character and I face a M2 (CPU or otherwise), I almost always get KO's very easily on him.
So it's literally a 1-2 punch: You play as a character a lot to become better with them, while subconsciously you're also learning how to defeat said character the more you practice.

Yes.

Beanman

Smash Cadet
Perhaps there is something people have missed due to the immediate turn off of an emo pokemon?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I am going to give you the same advice I gave this kid who would refuse to listen to anyone when they told him to try playing sheik instead of zelda, play another character. Seriously play 2-3 high tier characters and practice heavily with them to learn their spacing, combos, and typical techniques. You can improve your mind games, which will improve your game overall, and possibly place using pichu.
if you look closely I main ice climbers they take more mental engery than anyone else in the game and alos tech skill. you don't make any cents. and I play around with most of the cast. pichu easly has some of the most powerful mental effects in the whole game and he has more tools for mess with your head them most peoplee worse in the game I feel he should move a spot or 3.

Top Bottom