• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Metaknight Should Not Be Banned (A.K.A The Community Chat Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No such thing as drunk rage in college?

I think I did college wrong. . . >_>
Lol, from what I heard of the seniors last year (I'm going to college next year) and lol, 1 of my teachers (who told us the story of a guy who almost cut off his arm while drunk while trying to cut open boxes with a huge knife), unless you are crazy, there is no drunk rage.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Don't worry, I'll probably stick around for a bit... to have some fun... but I'm just not going to be playing much anymore. :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Lol, from what I heard of the seniors last year (I'm going to college next year) and lol, 1 of my teachers (who told us the story of a guy who almost cut off his arm while drunk while trying to cut open boxes with a huge knife), unless you are crazy, there is no drunk rage.
Illinialex, I'm afraid you only heard the horror stories. College more or less equals drunken rage.

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
so the logic behind this is that since metaknight beats all those other characters that jigglypuff has hard matchups against, he should be kept?....that doesnt really make any sense...lol

if anything it supports the ban side...that metaknight is dominating all gameplay and other characters are not being used since they have a disadvantage against him...

illinialex24

Smash Hero
so the logic behind this is that since metaknight beats all those other characters that jigglypuff has hard matchups against, he should be kept?....that doesnt really make any sense...lol

if anything it supports the ban side...that metaknight is dominating all gameplay and other characters are not being used since they have a disadvantage against him...
It is the logic and it does not support Metaknight being banned. Because he is a character and he should be kept regardless if he has good matchups on almost everyone and neutrals on everyone else.

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
personally, i dont care either way...but im just letting you know...your logic is awful....to the point where it supports the other side almost entirely

illinialex24

Smash Hero
personally, i dont care either way...but im just letting you know...your logic is awful....to the point where it supports the other side almost entirely
No, it doesnt. It is saying that Metaknight keeps the door open for everyone who is not top or high tier because he is very good against top and some high tier guys, so it actually hurts Brawl diversity to ban him.

booboo

Smash Cadet
it does depened on how they play with MK my friend is pro with MK and all i do is play alittle more on the defensef side it good to play mind games 2.shield attacking is beat againts MK sents he reel fast

booboo

Smash Cadet
its true just play alittle more on the defensive side trust me it really works because MK is more on the offensive side,youll see!!!!!!!!

Maniclysane

Smash Lord

Lrn2Plank.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I don't know why I still go on smashboards. As my opinion of the game gets worse and worse, flaming scrubs becomes less and less fun, and my posts are becoming less funny and more cruel.

Hmm... maybe I should try to destroy the community by getting people to turn away from the game :) lol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, at least he's open about it.... BOWYER FOR PRESIDENT! (Caps lock makes my statement legitimate.)

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I don't know why I still go on smashboards. As my opinion of the game gets worse and worse, flaming scrubs becomes less and less fun, and my posts are becoming less funny and more cruel.

Hmm... maybe I should try to destroy the community by getting people to turn away from the game :) lol
If the person is going to be a **** and use MK, be a **** back to him. :X

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
If the person is going to be a **** and use MK, be a **** back to him. :X
First off, what does that have to do with what I said? I'm not quitting because of MK, I'm quitting because this game sucks and has no depth, extremely few options before getting hit, and way too many options after you get hit. It is a terrible game and I won't be surprised if the competitive scene dies down a **** ton.

Second, **** that dude. If everyone started doing that, then everyone would eventually play MK, and if you say "no they won't because you'll only play MK against people who use him" you're wrong because then at the beginning of every match, you'll wonder if they are going to use MK and if you should preactively counter them by playing MK, so you'll start using him right off the bat, and then even if the first game wasn't a MK ditto, the other person would change to MK and it would be gay and MK is ****ing gay.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
First off, what does that have to do with what I said? I'm not quitting because of MK, I'm quitting because this game sucks and has no depth, extremely few options before getting hit, and way too many options after you get hit. It is a terrible game and I won't be surprised if the competitive scene dies down a **** ton.

Second, **** that dude. If everyone started doing that, then everyone would eventually play MK, and if you say "no they won't because you'll only play MK against people who use him" you're wrong because then at the beginning of every match, you'll wonder if they are going to use MK and if you should preactively counter them by playing MK, so you'll start using him right off the bat, and then even if the first game wasn't a MK ditto, the other person would change to MK and it would be gay and MK is ****ing gay.
You don't have to be MK to be a douchebag to an MK. If you lose to an MK in the first round, counter pick Corneria and use D3, chaingrab him against the wall. MK is cheap so be cheap back to him. Planking is just one of the easier ways. Latex was complaining about MK. Give MK something to complain about. >_>

booboo

Smash Cadet
not even havin to chaingrab just pick equal witch is G.W. or diddy kong,my friend plays MK and hes really good,those 2 characters r equal to MK.MK is not that good,fast but thats about it so practice with ether two and u will be happy will the reselts.

PND

Smash Champion
*sigh* (I tried to ignore it)

MK is "broken" in top level play. Just because your friend is good with MK doesn't mean your friend is top level. I'll give you, Diddy and G&W are most certainly good characters, but even they can't match the versatility and generally just overwhelming offense of a top level MK.

When Hylian, one of, if not THE best Game and Watch player there is has admitted that MK destroys G&W, I can safely assure that you are wrong. And Diddy supposedly has the advantage on FD, but it really hasn't gone anywhere aside from that NynjaLink M2K upset.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
*sigh* (I tried to ignore it)

MK is "broken" in top level play. Just because your friend is good with MK doesn't mean your friend is top level. I'll give you, Diddy and G&W are most certainly good characters, but even they can't match the versatility and generally just overwhelming offense of a top level MK.

When Hylian, one of, if not THE best Game and Watch player there is has admitted that MK destroys G&W, I can safely assure that you are wrong. And Diddy supposedly has the advantage on FD, but it really hasn't gone anywhere aside from that NynjaLink M2K upset.
I agree fully. Even though his aerials hitboxes are more ******** than pound, MK is too versatile.

booboo

Smash Cadet
i been playin ever sents 64 and i had this game 4 days before it came out.i go to turneys in CT and all the MK,S i face are top teir and all i pick is diddy kong or G.W. and i always win im not lying to u,im really good and trust i thout they were lying but its true.

PND

Smash Champion
If you can post some credentials, I'd love to debate you a bit. However, the way you post does seem very noobish, and the sentiment that I got from it was the same.

I mean, we always welcome more posters here, but it'd help if there was something a bit more constructive than "play defensive." How precisely do you propose that? What moves in particular? What counters to his offense?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
If you can post some credentials, I'd love to debate you a bit. However, the way you post does seem very noobish, and the sentiment that I got from it was the same.

I mean, we always welcome more posters here, but it'd help if there was something a bit more constructive than "play defensive." How precisely do you propose that? What moves in particular? What counters to his offense?
I have to agree with PND here.

booboo

Smash Cadet
what i mean by that is he attacks fast,right so the grab frame of diddy and G.W.are really quick.the best way to attack is shield attack.thats when you attack right after u block there attack.is faster then sidestep then attacking.the lvl9 computers do it so play a lvl9 computer and thell do it so you will see.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yeah, I don't think you know what you are talking about at all.

No half decent player is going to attack someone who is just standing there shielding. (I remember a thread where someone claimed to be good and did this a lot in a video, and Yuna went ballistic on them.) If they do attack your shield, it's because they are going to damage it so heavily that they will hit you through it.

Furthermore, if you are going to attack out of shield, a grab is very often your best option... certainly for Jigglypuff! Level 9 computers are not good at this game, you should be able to three stock them pretty trivially. I suggest watching YouTube videos of real competitive players, and trying to find players in your area.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah, I don't think you know what you are talking about at all.

No half decent player is going to attack someone who is just standing there shielding. (I remember a thread where someone claimed to be good and did this a lot in a video, and Yuna went ballistic on them.) If they do attack your shield, it's because they are going to damage it so heavily that they will hit you through it.

Furthermore, if you are going to attack out of shield, a grab is very often your best option... certainly for Jigglypuff! Level 9 computers are not good at this game, you should be able to three stock them pretty trivially. I suggest watching YouTube videos of real competitive players, and trying to find players in your area.
Exactly, booboo, no idea where your credibility is, it seems to be non-existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom