• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does everyone hate Peach?

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=5269]Why does everyone hate Peach?[/drupal]

Giant picture of Peach!!

Seriously, why?? I don't mean her in SSB, I mean like in general, people just hate Peach and idk why. If you hate Peach, please explain to me why, I really wanna know what's with all the hate. =P

Peach happens to by my favorite character of all time. She is very peachy.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I get the feeling this will close (probably because jam is here, LOL).

^ I got this wrong, but man, mods are scary.

But if you want to know why, go watch some matches of players competing against others.
With the turnips and her fair and dair and so forth, she's pretty powerful. That's pretty much it.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Because she is a dumb slag.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Everything about her is dumb. Her dress, her high-pitched voice, the dumb lips, her hair is ugly... I could go on forever about what makes her such a shallow and dumb character.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Because Mario always has to ****ing "save" her *** from being kidnapped by different types of animals and mages of all sizes and NEVER EVEN ONCE GIVES MARIO ANYTHING, NOT EVEN.... you know what it is. She's a *****, really.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Because Mario always has to ****ing "save" her *** from being kidnapped by different types of animals and mages of all sizes and NEVER EVEN ONCE GIVES MARIO ANYTHING, NOT EVEN.... you know what it is.
What if the "Cake" she is offering is a metaphor for something else?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
If it means anything, I'm a Peach fan. In fact, Peach has been my favorite female Nintendo character for quite a few years. Daisy is almost up there with Peach. I just find her very girly and airhead behavior and personality to be pretty entertaining. Then she starred in her own game, Super Princess Peach (I swear, that game NEEDS a sequel), where she shows she can fight and fend for herself, but she'd rather let the man do the dirty work (that man being Mario and sometimes Luigi). Her voice has had many changes, though so far, I like her voice in Brawl, only because it's not as annoying as it was in Melee, though I do miss her original voice actress, Leslie Swan (what the hell happened to her? I know she still works for Nintendo, so what gives?).

Anyway, she now sits as my second favorite female Nintendo character, having been beaten out by Rosalina, and even though Rosalina is my current favorite, Peach sits at a pretty close second.

Sarix

Smash Ace
If it means anything, I'm a Peach fan. In fact, Peach has been my favorite female Nintendo character for quite a few years. Daisy is almost up there with Peach. I just find her very girly and airhead behavior and personality to be pretty entertaining.
I'm in the same boat Sol. I find a lot of her air-headed blonde behavior to be really funny. Which makes having her as one of my mains really entertaining.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
She's a shallow character.

Her umbrella had more character development iirc.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I don't really dislike her, but I detest the nine circles of hell out of her in Melee, she's annoying as ****, especially since I use Ganondorf, which makes matters worse. And no, she hasn't given Mario any cake. Still if you guys go play Mario Galaxy 2, in the beginning that game has a loooooot of sexual references, I don't know if you guys noticed.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because she makes me feel funny things in my pants.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Because she weights too ****ing much in Melee

Seriously she weights as much as Sheik (90), her recovery is overpowered in relation to her weight.

If she weight 80 I would have no problem

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Have you not seen/heard some of the stuff written/said by Peach mains (in both Melee and Brawl)=??? Some of it is like freaking Jersey SW**re bad. :chuckle:

However, most Peach mains are pretty cool. ;)

Pit mains=??? That's a different story. :smirk:
Because giant .png images of her kill my modem.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: By the way, I hope these smilies are also killing your modem too
just kidding!
:joyful:

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
Mostly because of melee I think. For example, her "oh, did I win?" innocent aloofness doesn't really add up with a downsmash that gives you 60%. It's frustrating to be defeated by that. Whereas everyone loves captain falcon because his manly aura and belligerent trash talk (taunt) line up with his awesomely destructive forward-air.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Because she weights too ****ing much in Melee

Seriously she weights as much as Sheik (90), her recovery is overpowered in relation to her weight.

If she weight 80 I would have no problem
It made no sense to see Peach outweigh Mewtwo in Melee. It should've been the complete opposite.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You mean Peach doesn't weigh more than 269 lbs?

Slim_X

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4425-1928-1952
I love Peach! She is one of the best characters in melee! Without here Super Mario wouldn't exist that means Super Smash Bros probably wouldn't either. Don't hate on Peach!

:phone:

Jasou

Smash Ace
Mostly because of melee I think. For example, her "oh, did I win?" innocent aloofness doesn't really add up with a downsmash that gives you 60%. It's frustrating to be defeated by that. Whereas everyone loves captain falcon because his manly aura and belligerent trash talk (taunt) line up with his awesomely destructive forward-air.
This is probably the case. I am sometimes really frustrated by her because the mu is very hard for newer players like me. I'm not saying she's some op broken shiz (she is a great character though) She's just really hard to adapt to. There's probably somewhat different opinions with the higher level players who can fight her quite well.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
The glowing yellow aura and hair makes me think she's gone Super Saiyan during Dsmash <3

Peach is the best character in Melee. Do you know how much skill isn't required to play her well?

BSP

Smash Legend
No, Peach's Dsmash in melee is just evil. ROBs is just a little annoying.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Yeah, but I couldn't think of anyone else's Dsmash that spun around... actually, there is Pikachu's Dsmash; would that count as an equivalent to Peach's Melee Dsmash?

Top Bottom