• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does everyone hate Peach?

BSP

Smash Legend
No, because you can DI out of it fairly easily.

There really is no equivalent to Peach's Melee Dsmash in Brawl. Any melee player correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Peach's Dsmash is so notorious because it ***** you for trying to Crouch cancel it, and she can crouch cancel into it. Brawl doesn't really have a move that hits you for 50%ish for trying to counter it.

Edit: according to a guide in the peach boards, it can hit 5 times and do up to 88%....yeah, nothing like that in Brawl.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Peach's Dsmash is to Melee what R.O.B.'s Dsmash is to Brawl... sort of.
R.O.B.'s dSmash doesn't do anywhere near as much damage, and he doesn't have as many viable moves as Peach does. Plus Peach's dSmash does a lot of damage, which allows the great Peach mains to freaking just get another hit or 2 to launch you off the stage, and then just turnip snipe you to death.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
^
what he said

Pikachu's dsmash isn't as good as n00bs might think it is because if you get hit by the beginning of it, you can SDI to avoid the last hitbox that sends you straight up and you will take very little damage. Still a good move cause it relieves pressure and is more or less safe on hit even if they SDI out while still doing at least SOME damage.

If you time it right to punish an airdodge landing you can hit with the end of it as well.

Edit: Ninja'd. I meant what BSP said, though I suppose the post directly above is correct too.

john!

Smash Hero
i don't know why a brawl player would think peach is dumb... she's not even that good in brawl, is she?

as far as melee goes, some people dislike peach for several reasons:

- her dsmash is good at punishing people inexperienced at the matchup (it's not nearly as effective at high levels of play; in fact it's not even her best move, maybe not even top 3). a crouch-canceled dsmash can destroy someone who crouch cancels at the wrong time. she also has chaingrabs on the most popular characters, and a great recovery, both of which can be frustrating to play against.
- before armada, peach was seen as an easy nooby character, mostly because of her slow floatyness, and because peach players weren't as effective at utilizing her combos and technical elements. armada has (oddly enough) made people respect peach a lot more due to the fact that they now realize that she has a high skill cap and can do a lot of crazy awesome ****
- peach has extreme amounts of sass. people don't like her attitude and her copious amounts of booty
- roughly half of all peach players are gay. i'm not making this statistic up; i frequently talk with other melee peach mains and there are a very disproportionate amount of homosexuals. i'm not really sure why, but it probably has to do with the fact that some people pick their character due to aesthetic appeal rather than playstyle appeal, and peach's aesthetic appeals to gay guys...? i think this is also the case in brawl. so the social stigma against gay people transfers over to the character most associated with them.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Of course you're the only person that would take this thread seriously.

- her dsmash is good at punishing people inexperienced at the matchup (it's not nearly as effective at high levels of play; in fact it's not even her best move, maybe not even top 3)
What's the 3rd move you're thinking of? Off the top of my head I can only think of 2: float and umbrella

2nd thought: It must be turnip, right? How am I forgetting that? Also, she has the best jab in the game, but that's not quite as essential as her down smash

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Im neutral. Her D-smash bodies EVERYONE.............. EVERYONE I TELLS YA!!! Plus i hate lvl 9 cpu peaches, ESPECIALLY IN MELEE. Nair and f-throw you all day.

But then again, ive seen things.........pictures......................... that makes me think otherwise of her

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
I only hate peach because on laggy or uncomfortable wifi matches she's practically untouchable lol

Dairs, jabbs, turnips, fair, fsmash...ugh

john!

Smash Hero
What's the 3rd move you're thinking of? Off the top of my head I can only think of 2: float and umbrella

2nd thought: It must be turnip, right? How am I forgetting that? Also, she has the best jab in the game, but that's not quite as essential as her down smash
float isn't really a "move", it just makes her other moves better

nair and fair are her best moves IMO... her dash attack and up-b are also good (maybe not as good as dsmash though)

float isn't really a "move", it just makes her other moves better

nair and fair are her best moves IMO... her dash attack and up-b are also good (maybe not as good as dsmash though)
I think it's a move. But I'd agree that it's not an attack

fair is her best move? Disagree. That thing's only ever good for float spacing during the neutral spacing game, mainly against when your opponent is low(er) to the ground. I'm more inclined to agree that nair could be a better move than down smash, but still, I disagree. Dash attack however, that's almost as good as it. It's so good for getting passed spacing games (Jigglypuff's WOP)

You don't know much about her umbrella I presume. That thing stop shield pressure from above so hard

john!

Smash Hero
I think it's a move. But I'd agree that it's not an attack

fair is her best move? Disagree. That thing's only ever good for float spacing during the neutral spacing game, mainly against when your opponent is low(er) to the ground. I'm more inclined to agree that nair could be a better move than down smash, but still, I disagree. Dash attack however, that's almost as good as it. It's so good for getting passed spacing games (Jigglypuff's WOP)

You don't know much about her umbrella I presume. That thing stop shield pressure from above so hard
FC fair is a nearly unpunishable approach

umbrella is a risky OOS option that has less damage and knockback then OOS nair and leaves you very vulnerable compared to your other options

why the **** am i arguing with UB posters about my own main...

FC fair is a nearly unpunishable approach

umbrella is a risky OOS option that has less damage and knockback then OOS nair and leaves you very vulnerable compared to your other options

why the **** am i arguing with UB posters about my own main...
But it takes 15 frames to start up. After you get the float set up. You're going to have to be in a (nearly) completely neutral spacing game

UMBRELLA BEATS EVERYTHING

We main the same princess

Top Bottom