• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you start playing smash

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
everyone knows why

so tell.

i started playing smash because it looked cool...and all my friends had it

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I originally rented SSB64 cause I was bored one Friday night. I instantly got addicted, eventually leading me to Melee. Things went from there, and now I stand here :)

CStick

Smash Lord
because i liked the first one

I started playing competitively and with advanced tactics because of how much more interesting it made the game. That, and i like friendly competition and stuff to work at, being good at stuff I do, etc.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used to play once in a while, and I thought I was ok. Then I got ***** with no lube in a tournament and cried in a corner and decided to become the rapist. >_>;

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
I can't believe I actually posted in here for so long.

C'mon, Varuna. Let's get out of this thread.

sinfallen

Smash Apprentice
I used to play once in a while, and I thought I was ok. Then I got ***** with no lube in a tournament and cried in a corner and decided to become the rapist. >_>;
if ur a rapist then that makes me santa clause anyways i know a dude can **** he goes by the name of Black Leon just sent him a private message thats all u need to do

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Bought the origninal smash and loved it, when i first got my gamecube is when i first picked up melee, and loved it as well ^_^

Bets

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't play CS 1.6 lan games @ school because it was taking up bandwith and no one wanted to play halo PC against me and I wanted to **** the peoples next door playing smash... so I started learning tech skill

Binx

Smash Master
I played N64 at a friends house, and got what I thought was really good at it. Then we bought melee when it came out, didn't like it cause we were bad at it, went back to 64 for a while, and eventually started playing melee again and getting what we thought was good at it, then this one kid beat us by spot dodging and stuff, and I went to find out how to get better at the game, thats when I found smashboards and started to really get into it. Been 4 years now and Its too **** good.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I played it at a friends once

Then go

I want to be good

So i play now

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I saw SSB64 in the Nintendo Power Magazine in 1998. Bought it, played it alot and grew onto it.

Then in 2005 after I looked on the net if they had tournaments of it and seeing that they infact did. I started my competitive gaming.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
My friend got it for his birthday (SSB64) . After his party we went to his house I beat the game on my first try. I thought I was born of divine right to be good at it. now about ten years later. I'm in college still playing (melee) and havent gone to a legitimate tournament yet.

LOL

I will find a tournament and a melee scene in texas dammit!

Edit: there have been a few but track and collage finals have been consuming my life. I will get to them though

metashinryu

Smash Ace
i started playing smash when someone invited me to a match, hell i hated fighting games but he insisted,and we played for 5 mins and i said i hated it... god i really said it,and now everytime i think of it i imagine myself with N00B on my forehead XD

melee was ok till i get to know about AT and told my friends, melee reborn that day...

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
LOL. I remember when I started playing COMPETITIVE smash. It was right after I watched the advanced techniques video after it came out. I was like, what?? And then, while playing with my friends I'd be like "Hold up, hold up" and try to wavedash. And then my friends would be like, "Marty, have you been looking this up on forums?" lol.
oh man my friends still make fun of me to this day about smashboards. (which is funny considering how intense they play the game too) good times good times.

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
I got into it after a Cube repeatedly showed up at school and I repeatedly played on it. By my repeated failures, I finally decided to come to smashboards, which then led to me buying the game (buying a used at EB, finding that it was broken, trying to fix it with superglue/metal file, then ending up ordering another used copy). Which then led to me actually getting better, and not being fail.

Thing is, now I'm actually doing a ton better than everyone else >_>. I wana play the "pros" in the school, but I'd be lucky to get a stock off...and they don't exactly play with the casuals anyways...(they bring their own cube(s))

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i had 3 really close friends and we did everything together. hell, in middle school we formed my first band. but yeah, because of that we always matched the 4-player games perfectly. dreamcast and 64 were played constantly. and so virtua tennis, gauntlet legends, and of course smash64 were always out. we were never too competitive, it was just fun, but once i was clearly the best of my friends i set off on my quest to find better fighters around the globe :p

GOD!

Smash Ace
As far as I was concerned, video games kept me off the streets and alive. Melee saved me from a life of drug abuse and violent crime, without it I would be just another scary statistic of how our young people are going nowhere.

It was actually a bday present. And I started really playing (ATs) through google> smashboards.

Tamoo

Smash Master
First played melee when it came out, thought it would be a cool buy, but i didnt really enjoy it.

I only got into it after going to my first brawl tournament a couple of months ago, I was playing the best in UK and was like WTF! I had no idea any of this was possible, so i ditched brawl and went all out on melee training. That was for me the best thing about brawl.

Top Bottom