• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why darkrain is the best falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
when I played m2k mango PC and chu at RoM they didn't feel all that different, but I would say the gap between mango and m2k/PC/chu was bigger than the gap between m2k and PC and chu. I told chu he was rusty and I don't think he cared, in much the same way m2k and PC were rusty and I don't think they cared either. It's very obvious that Mango had been playing this game more than those other 3 had been.
sigh

this is why u cant sandbag against people

=D

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I like how this thread turns from a SS vs Darkrain debate to a Mango vs the world debate.

And as for junglefever's post that I saw awhile back on consistency around the nation Darkrain would top SS on that for all-time and would top Isai if based purely on tourney results. Last time Isai played serious in tourneys was 2006 with a few of the MLGs iirc. Darkrain has been around since 2003/4 and has been consistently proving himself. 5th at FC6, 7th at FC Diamond, 7th at Pound 3. The list continues. He's created combos named after himself and has good consistency vs just about every character he plays against. Been atop the Midwest for quite some time imo and he never fails to impress me with some new blow-your-mind tech chases.

SS has not gone out of his state so where's the national stuff? He is definitely good for the players he plays against like Zhu and Mango but how would he do against a person like PC Chris(where as Darkrain used to beat PCs Falco)?

Scar

#HarveyDent
i think that's borderline impossible thumbs

also someone needs to step up and not do livestream for the most important matches

thumbswayup

Smash Master
True, but a lot of great matches didn't get recorded at Pound 3 and I wasn't able to attend that. Like Hax and Kage's $20 mm.

You coming to MD/VA again before Genesis?

D

Deleted member

sigh

this is why u cant sandbag against people

=D
I think you got it backwards. I'm saying there's a bigger skill gap for you, meaning that you're better. If you sandbagged me, it'd be a smaller skill gap.

Either way, I think your ego has been boosted enough by now.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
mango, correct me if im wrong, but @ e-52 after darkrain v j-man, didnt you beat darkrain in a 5 match falcon ditto set?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
m2k said so

*****es

"its just mango his falcon isnt that good its just him as a player"

lol

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
lol, yeah its hard to be bad when you do the right thing every chance you get, im just guessing here. correct me if im wrong.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
cause it was after the best set of the tourney, people had to go washes their faces, and clean up, especially clean up their private areas, or atleast change clothes.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Let me say this.

Darkrain will "silence" the WC crowd when he plays SS in Dittos. Do not doubt it.

It will happen and don't act suprised.

SS is very good and very entertaining, but he has never played a falcon like Darkrains...or wait...he played Mango and got beasted. I watched Darkrain and Mango play dittos all day, and every match was close. Came down to the last stock usually. If you don't like the a>b>c therefore a>c logic, then just watch them play, and don't call it a fluke. Don't call it luck. Don't act surprised. Darkrain is the best falcon MAIN in the world no question. Mango's could be similarly successful but he chooses to **** with a multitude of other characters instead.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
mango, who do YOU think the best c falc in the world is currently? don't include yourself as a possibility plox.

:D

pockyD

Smash Legend
Let me say this.

Darkrain will "silence" the WC crowd when he plays SS in Dittos. Do not doubt it.

It will happen and don't act suprised.

SS is very good and very entertaining, but he has never played a falcon like Darkrains...or wait...he played Mango and got beasted. I watched Darkrain and Mango play dittos all day, and every match was close. Came down to the last stock usually. If you don't like the a>b>c therefore a>c logic, then just watch them play, and don't call it a fluke. Don't call it luck. Don't act surprised. Darkrain is the best falcon MAIN in the world no question. Mango's could be similarly successful but he chooses to **** with a multitude of other characters instead.
don't mind anything this guy says

Watty is a better samus than Hugs.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
SS has not gone out of his state so where's the national stuff? He is definitely good for the players he plays against like Zhu and Mango but how would he do against a person like PC Chris(where as Darkrain used to beat PCs Falco)?
Yeah man, this is the point I've made in threads like this before. SS doesn't go OoS like ever, so how the hell is he going to handle EC or MW playstyles (or people who DI, for that matter)? the only reason people think SS is so good is because he's been good vs. people who have traveled out of state and placed well (mango, zhu, etc.), which doesn't mean ****. he's a good player, and why he hasn't traveled OoS to get **** vs. all playstyles is beyond me, but darkrain is going to place much better at Genesis, unless he's screwed by the bracket, IMO.

pockyD

Smash Legend
to put it simply, california is a rather large state

(concerning why he doesn't travel OOS)

...not to mention that the neighboring states are rather barren smash-wise; there's washington way up in the corner (the equivalent of driving from like nyc to indiana, btw), then you gotta go all the way over to the heart of the midwest

i have no issues with saying darkrain is more proven or anything, but to draw any solid conclusion out of that is rather ridiculous

for what it's worth, m2k was more proven than mango too

Shroomed

Smash Master
why does everyone say WC has such bad DI?

given, i know my combo DI is complete trash but the rest of WC?

why is WC held in such low regard?

SS is gonna suprise all you haters lol

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
to put it simply, california is a rather large state

(concerning why he doesn't travel OOS)

...not to mention that the neighboring states are rather barren smash-wise; there's washington way up in the corner (the equivalent of driving from like nyc to indiana, btw), then you gotta go all the way over to the heart of the midwest

i have no issues with saying darkrain is more proven or anything, but to draw any solid conclusion out of that is rather ridiculous

for what it's worth, m2k was more proven than mango too
Thats why Pocky D is cool.

Plus Falcon dittos don't prove anything. (you would know if you read the whole thread because we already talked about this).

SS might not be used to playing OoS smashers but OoS smashers aren't used to playing SS.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
We arent haters. At least I'm not. I love watching his videos and picking up his tricks.

don't mind anything this guy says [because he said Watty is a better Samus than HugS]
Well, might as well start ignoring a whole host of other players as well, including Big D, who explained the opinion to me in the first place.

Give your opinion Mango so everybody can debate around that :D.
He won't. Unless he is drunk =P

MaNg0

Smash Hero
well i thought about it there pretty much even

jeff is better against falco and fox

while dark is better against marth peach and i think sheik hes also ok at fox

so its probably 2 close 2 call

IF NE THING darkrain is better by like 0.2 percent

Havokbringer

Smash Lord

Sounds legit to me.

I love both players so I can't wait for them to play :D.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
why does everyone say WC has such bad DI?

given, i know my combo DI is complete trash but the rest of WC?

why is WC held in such low regard?

man have you seen some of DBR's videos?
Bob$ doing like 3 upairs into an fsmash doesn't happen unless your opponent sucks, and you should know this since you're a Doc.

case in point both players **** & it doesn't matter but darkrain is better imo ok.

PEEF!

Smash Hero

Good post...Yeah, SS is probably better against Fox, but Dark has proven himself against the best Falcos time and time again.

Weel see how Dark does against Zhu/DSW/Forward.

As far as the WC DI thing, I dont think anyone really should be taking that as a real insult. WC DI means bad DI/you die when you shouldnt have. EC DI means good DI and you live exceptionally long, and MW DI means you DI properly but die anyway, haha. It's just a joke.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Not true, because earlier in the same match the person he was playing against tried to DI away from HMW, and still got punished. =/

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Whats with the...um Coastism here? I happen to Like Jeff's In your face! style with Falcon but really they are the only 2 that can settle the dispute of who's better in a match...which has me dying of anticipation btw.:chuckle:

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Not true, because earlier in the same match the person he was playing against tried to DI away from HMW, and still got punished. =/
U can react to their di an jump at a diff time to still punish any di

Just gotta react an not expect them to be in the same spot...

"Lazy" combos...Like Green Mario. He can always finish but his bad habit to do what worked back in the day hurts him alot.

It happens to everyone.

Di'ng a combo is like making the comboer tech chase in the air. Even with Di you might never escape the combo...

The knee or Kobe is inevitable sometimes xD

Scar

#HarveyDent
what makes you feel this way? o_0
idk every time people do livestream it messes up the recording, and since i'm going to be at the tournament i'd rather cater to everyone and post high quality vids online than show few people what happens immediately then mess it up for posterity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom