• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why darkrain is the best falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
he only took a match off mango not a set.

Not like thats not amazing, but...

Him 4 stocking Taj on yoshis. Trust me that will never happen again, but that was mega ****. If he does that or atleast a 3 stock again than...He is that much better against Taj than D rain is, not overall.

Honestly, Genesis will be our answer

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Taj was playing bad that day. Not to john but really do you think somebody of Taj's caliber would get 4 stocked on a daily basis by SS? Really?

I like how a lot of these posts are really just biased by area of where you live. I myself live in AZ, so SS should be my pick but no....

Darkrain is just a ****ing beast. If by watching his Darkrain combos and videos in general and you do NOT **** your pants then there is clearly something wrong with you.

Shroomed

Smash Master
I love how one tournament is the answer to who is the best.
i love you for saying that lol

SS DID beat mango in a set for whoever said he only won one match
SS won in winner's finals and then mango came bak and took both GF sets

why do you guys think taj is so amazing?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
It's true though
everyone saying
"we'll see at genesis"
first of all, it's one matchup, falcon dittos. that doesn't tell us who is the best falcon anyway.
if you ARE going by who places where. no johns but, say Darkrain just has an easier bracket? Unfortunately, even with all the high skill levels there, there is still goign to be some discrepancy in skill in the brackets. What if one of them gets a matchup they don't like against a top player they've never played before? (SS vs Chu comes to mind). Maybe he does well against IC's (I don't know) but Chu is a whole different IC's player.

tl;dr. we cannot base who the best falcon is on one tournament. We call Ken, M2K and Mang0 the best in the game and the best in their character because of consistency vs the NATION. Consistency being the key word here. If we cannot obtain national tournament results over time (which we cannot, the melee community just simply isn't doing that) then there's no way to tell.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
true story
dark lived here until recently
& he *****

also Darkrain has proven over a 6-year national melee career that his falcon *****. SS hasn't really done that outside of Cali. but both players are very good players, so it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Cia

das kwl
wow..

this thread makes the falcon boards look awful.

no one likes a circle jerk thread.

but the peach boards are still worse.

:laugh:

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Ugh my bad.

I thought u took that from mango juice in which MANGO 3 -1 ss...

My bad, ty.

Oh but Genesis will provide matchups that havent yet been seen between 2 players that never play against each other xD

I cant wait for d rain against Mango, ss vs everyone, chu vs everyone, zhu an tang vs everyone, FL vs everyone, ...

everyone against everyone...

Like, Linguini vs....Cactuar(non sandbag xD) or Zhu/Tang o.0(or Pc)

Pc vs idk, sliq ( =D ) Shiz vs whomever...OHhhh

Shiz vs SS an maybe Mango (rematch wit D rain)...

Honestly Rusty hugz vs Elam would be smexy.
Green Mario/Dj vs anyone

Im excited

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
mango never played darkrain in a real set... idk where this "rematch" **** is coming from.
pc chris also tells me that he isn't going to genesis :(

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
It's true though
everyone saying
"we'll see at genesis"
first of all, it's one matchup, falcon dittos. that doesn't tell us who is the best falcon anyway.
if you ARE going by who places where. no johns but, say Darkrain just has an easier bracket? Unfortunately, even with all the high skill levels there, there is still goign to be some discrepancy in skill in the brackets. What if one of them gets a matchup they don't like against a top player they've never played before? (SS vs Chu comes to mind). Maybe he does well against IC's (I don't know) but Chu is a whole different IC's player.

tl;dr. we cannot base who the best falcon is on one tournament. We call Ken, M2K and Mang0 the best in the game and the best in their character because of consistency vs the NATION. Consistency being the key word here. If we cannot obtain national tournament results over time (which we cannot, the melee community just simply isn't doing that) then there's no way to tell.
This is the only thing that has made sense in the whole thread.

SS and Darkrain are still good players no matter what and shouldn't be dissed for losing a falcon ditto.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Is experience important? Because it seems sometimes people throw out names without figuring out the importance of experience in smash.
yeah experience is one of the most important things there is, which is why people don't get good overnight

it's important to be a fast learner, but if you have the experience to make up for it you just become more familiar with complicated situations and you become able to choose the best options without really thinking about it. being able to deal with complicated things subconsciously is important in melee because if you think about everything you're doing, it's really hard to be smart and creative at the same time
BTW how did Darkrain do against Taj on yoshi's story? oh he lost...
Oh but SS ****ing 4 STOCKED HIM! -_-
please never reference that match ever again

i honestly think that i could have done better and my marth is utter complete trashy garbage

taj is def a beast but that is by far and away the worst i've ever seen him play
I love how one tournament is the answer to who is the best.
idk IMO it kind of is. genesis is like the end-all, be-all of melee right now

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I 100% agree with scar's post.
Even if one falcon places under the other, it'll be important to look at their brackets and see how "did better", when judged off of that.
Also, falcon dittos will be stupidly entertaining to watch. I've been watching jiano vs darkrain to prepare myself mentally for the ****

young wus

Smash Journeyman
OK this is how it is when it comes down 2 the best Falcon players.

1st- Isai (Because he is isai, what more should i be said, just his name frightens ppl)

2nd- Silent Spectre (Well he is jeff, and he has the "****" button, Plus he is Nor-Cal's Finest, on top of that he played with Isai, and he has the power of the wombo combo. And he is the Drop-zone master!)

3rd- DarkRain (Come on he has his own combo!!!{ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdJhhXc3qEs ) Plus he just taps that ***, he is just Fantastic! Not to mention he can read ur mind!)

4th- Hax (God i love those Back air's, sry u lost 2 scar)

5th- Young Wus (well cause this is my post, and i main Falcon)

6th- Mango (4 beating Scar in a $ match Falcon ditto's)

7th- BoB$ (4 wooping me in Falcon Ditto's)

8th- Scar (well u were crying like a ***** about jiggs!!!!!!!! {when mango beat M2K) Come on Scar no John's! Also i hate how i cant do ur sick *** wall jumbs, Dude ur wall **** is amazing. And how u 4 stocked hax in yoshi story {so not cool bro) Oh but i loved the $ match, Mango vs DaShizWiz!!! dont no if u were there. Also West Coast got "THE" best Commentators, sry East Coast)

9th- Hella (we still need to do our Falcon Ditto's)

10th- the world may never know.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the fact that you have a player who doesn't play anymore at 1st is just ridiculous.
you also cited commentary and the fact that you were the one writing the list as reasons for placements...

young wus

Smash Journeyman
the fact that you have a player who doesn't play anymore at 1st is just ridiculous.
you also cited commentary and the fact that you were the one writing the list as reasons for placements...
lol...... i was just playing from 5th and below.(well scar is 5th)

and y cant i say isai is #1???

isai was god! he was like mango and M2K but with Falcon and a little sheik. some fox here and there.

Isai is #1 and always #1

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
isai was god! he was like mango and M2K but with Falcon
keyword: was. old pros like Isai, Ken, etc. wouldn't be able to keep up with current pros like Mango, M2K, Darkrain, SS, etc. without coming out of retirement for a WHILE. Some of the pros who have come back like PC and CHu still haven't caught up with M2K or Mango. Why the hell would a person who hasn't gone to a Melee tourney in over a year be #1?

young wus

Smash Journeyman
keyword: was. old pros like Isai, Ken, etc. wouldn't be able to keep up with current pros like Mango, M2K, Darkrain, SS, etc. without coming out of retirement for a WHILE. Some of the pros who have come back like PC and CHu still haven't caught up with M2K or Mango. Why the hell would a person who hasn't gone to a Melee tourney in over a year be #1?
Just cause he doesnt enter in a tourney doesnt mean he aint there.

Plus that is PC and Chu-dat. u cant compare Isai to them.

Look at DJ combo, he became pro in 1 year! and made it 2 MLG! and he started from the beginning.

Isai is like STUPID smart at this game! im not sure if he know every frame, but he is intelligent enough 2 get on top.

PS: the lowest place in a melee tourney he got is 7th. and the reason he got 7th was cause the other night he went 2 a 64 tourney and took 1st.

-also Mango, M2K, etc. should be on top they are smart, plus they have been around the game 4 plenty of years without taking a break.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah...
he's been gone for a year.
he'd be far too rusty to be better than SS or darkrain.
yes, he's isai, but he's also human.

and yeah... I CAN compare PC & chudat to Isai, since all 3 were competing at the national level for years. >_>

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I dont see people walking around with PC or chu's face on their tshirts
This is truth

The man, if he cared an wanted to win in singles would have.

He was the best teams partner for a reason, supreme everything.

He moved with such , i just like watching him in doubles. You know how hard it is to read two people at one time? Almost ridiculous...

He did that consistently and was in peoples heads every doubles match.

Every good player did this, but Isai was just beast.

Get on the **** riding wagon bro stop hating on a gift from god to smash

thumbswayup

Smash Master
As much as I love Darkrain's Falcon, I think SS is slightly better right now. Darkrain seems to be technically perfect and crazy fast, while SS seems random and creative and crazy. I think creativity counts a lot at highest level of play. It definitely freaks your opponent out when they don't know what's coming next. If Darkrain and SS ditto at Genesis, I think it'll come down to last hit and SS will win, just barely. It's going to be amazing no matter what though and somone better record every match they have.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
PC and Chu are closer to M2K and Mang0 then you are giving them credit for. PC and Chu didn't play for a good amount of time (I think), came out to a few tourneys and wrecked ****. Same with shiz actaully, before RoM he'd played in one tourney since Fast 1.

So i dunno, those guys aren't THAT far behind M2K and Mang0.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i would completely disagree with that, if m2k/mango went to a tourney and got 5th (never happens) everyone would lose their minds. if chu does i don't think anyone really breaks a sweat over it, and true enough PC really did place 1st or 2nd at almost every tourney he went to even after he quit/came back but it's clear that he wasn't in the same league as them.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Hmm, i may ahve worded that strongly. I felt that strong bad was making it seem that PC and Chu couldn't touch Mang0 and M2K which isn't really the case. Those two don't really **** PC and Chu though like he was making it sound.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
They don't **** them, no. I would be very surprised if Chu or PC were to beat Mango or M2K in tournament, though. It's clear to me that M2K and Mango are in a league of their own, with everyone else under that.

D

Deleted member

when I played m2k mango PC and chu at RoM they didn't feel all that different, but I would say the gap between mango and m2k/PC/chu was bigger than the gap between m2k and PC and chu. I told chu he was rusty and I don't think he cared, in much the same way m2k and PC were rusty and I don't think they cared either. It's very obvious that Mango had been playing this game more than those other 3 had been.

cykofox

Smash Ace
when I played m2k mango PC and chu at RoM they didn't feel all that different, but I would say the gap between mango and m2k/PC/chu was bigger than the gap between m2k and PC and chu. I told chu he was rusty and I don't think he cared, in much the same way m2k and PC were rusty and I don't think they cared either. It's very obvious that Mango had been playing this game more than those other 3 had been.
daaamn..mango practices in his room lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom