• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are there no brawl tournies in Pittsburgh?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I think mav is going to host a tournament in pittsburgh sometime this summer, idk when/where

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Haha Pittsburgh.....
How is the melee scene going out there?

You guys should come to my smashfest on the 13th and play maylay with me.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
ya pittsburg is stuck in the past. ive been wanting to go out there for a while now but ive realized i have no reason to anymore. i play brawl and their all about the melee in the burg......its very dissapointing :(

EDIT: if you want to come to a brawl tourney around the western pa area, check this out homie, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7416684#post7416684

its like to only one around this area

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
no wonder im one of the best in da burgh, every1 plays melee. MELEE SUCKS. i also cant make that tourney, im 15... cant drive.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
hey guys ill be spending a month in pittsburgh and want to play some brawl. im from south carolina so needless to say im not all that good. if anyones intrested ill keep an eye on this thread. i really want to enter a tournament though.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yo be more active shake things up.

theres plenty of potential brawlers in pittsburgh who just like to play and would LOVE to hear about a tourney. Somone just has to show some leadership and organization. Mav seems to be the only one stepping in the direction.

The melee core was so tight strung because we were adamant about holding things and traveling together. A few ppl stepped up and made smashfest and tourneys and b4 you know it we had a decent 15-20 core guys who played hardcore. Organization and direction will help build any community. In short someone step up and go the extra step to building a community.(whats left of our melee core still hangs out and **** use us as an example)

Our core has been holding **** down for a long time and we just are happy with melee. Alot of us are moving on with life and other things(a good chunk of pittsburghs core smashers play wow together, hang out reguarly and stuff). Someone else take the brawl torch and stop whining about the current status. We had to build pittsburgh smash up from scratch 5 years ago. I dun see why it cant happen again.

jmozz5

Smash Rookie
Jarvitz... I'm the fox at tekko that spanked your *** up and down all day. Don't say you're the best in the burgh when i clearly showed you up. If you're one of the best, I'm a god at brawl. Ill MM anyday and beat the **** out of any character of yours. I'm not even that great at brawl compared to some people. But seriously bro... you didnt even come close to beating me...

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Because the old***s of pittsburgh are lame, they play a dead game lol. 'I CAN PUSH BUTTONS FAST' lol, if they had any real skill they'd play brawl.

Taki, I don't know who you are, but you sound like a scrub, go somewhere else LoSeRrRr, you don't got what it takes to play brawl so you cling to your baby GC games lulz.

If anyone wants to challenge me ( I AM the best in pittsburgh, my falcon has beaten every meta i've ever played ) my fc is 8675-3096-9666 , bring it.

YOU WON'T

A-Laon

Smash Master
yo be more active shake things up.

theres plenty of potential brawlers in pittsburgh who just like to play and would LOVE to hear about a tourney. Somone just has to show some leadership and organization. Mav seems to be the only one stepping in the direction.

The melee core was so tight strung because we were adamant about holding things and traveling together. A few ppl stepped up and made smashfest and tourneys and b4 you know it we had a decent 15-20 core guys who played hardcore. Organization and direction will help build any community. In short someone step up and go the extra step to building a community.(whats left of our melee core still hangs out and **** use us as an example)

Our core has been holding **** down for a long time and we just are happy with melee. Alot of us are moving on with life and other things(a good chunk of pittsburghs core smashers play wow together, hang out reguarly and stuff). Someone else take the brawl torch and stop whining about the current status. We had to build pittsburgh smash up from scratch 5 years ago. I dun see why it cant happen again.
^ I'd like to reinforce that this has been said time and time again upon every occasion that the whole Pittsburgh Brawl scene "mystery" has been brought up.

Seriously, this is your answer.

TheLake

Smash Master
The responses and dates in this thread dont make anysense

i want to play with pakman again :(

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Haha Pittsburgh.....
How is the melee scene going out there?

You guys should come to my smashfest on the 13th and play maylay with me.
Omg, you're having a smashfest?! Woooooo

Play Melee, become everyone's friend, and you wont have to look for brawl tourneys.
You should come, I haven't played you in years... literally.

every1 plays melee... im 15... cant drive.
You're right everyone plays melee.

That's why you like slow stuff, you can't drive. Wait til you grow a pair and hit the open road.

^ I like this guy ^_^
Truth

^ I like this guy ^_^
Also Truth

M@v

Subarashii!
Lol where the heck did this thread come from?

And lol at Jarvitz saying he was the best in Pittsburgh(If he actually did say it).

right.
Colaya and I are the ONLY brawl players from Pittsburgh that travel. And we aren't even here most of the time because we are at college.

M@v

Subarashii!
Not sure if I should proud of you or furious at you for bumping a 4 and a half year old thread. The thread itself is pretty amazing though. Some dude makes an account 1 year after the thread is made just to trash talk Jarvitz then never posts again. That's dedication.

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
What's it like to have enough spare time to research the post history of people in a necro thread?

M@v

Subarashii!
Like reading their post and seeing they have just 1 message under their profile name next to said post, and not having to even click to another page.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
No, seriously guys, why aren't there any Brawl tournaments?

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Lack of interest. Mav became too busy to organize events. I've done some TO in other places, and I can see why Mav hasn't done a tournament for a while. The real killer is that Pittsburgh doesn't seem to have many players. I remember he always had to get people to come in from nearby states.

Edit: I want to add that IMO, the Pittsburgh scene was done the moment it went all Melee. It lost at least a half dozen of its few good players that I know of, and certainly more I don't. Brawl had problems, but it was the current game and entry point into competitive smash. The way inquiries about Brawl were handled in the regional thread didn't help and only chased people away. Now all that's left is a hand full of Melee guys. Everyone else formed smaller groups and have their own things going now.

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Isn't there a new non-Melee Smash Bros out for you to hate on? Keep proving my point.

Top Bottom