• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your secondary?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Marth is my main but Im having trouble finding someone to be my secondary.
I play Marth because while he is very effective he is also fun to play as, I like the constantly shffling dash dancing style of character that he is. So anyways I figure I'd ask who your secondaries are to give me ideas and out of curiosity. Give reasons I you can :)

Thanks in Advance

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Snake is my secondary. His play style is nothing like Marth's but I have fun with him.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff 4tw
I was never good at using projectiles xD

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Olimar is mine - but if you are looking for someone who has a playstyle that is similar to marth's...you are looking for olly, mk, maybe fox...

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I kinda have multiple secondaries. Wolf and Lucas are mine and it is good when i play someone who wants to play the campy projectile game (they also have awesome spike moves). I also use anyone with a sword except ike. (my bro spams him as a character so he kinda wore him out, he is the ultimate n00b character neway, next 2 Pit)

∫unk

Smash Master
G&W for hardcore campers... nothing like eating their shield and bucketing their projectiles. Also dthrow -> dsmash is sexy.

Mike35

Smash Cadet
At the moment, Snake and Meta Knight would be who I use most besides Marth.

I like Meta Knight for a lot of the same reasons I like Marth. He's quick has hardly any lag before or after attacks, has some very useful close range B moves, and is great at fighting off the stage.

Snake is completely different, though. I'm a huge MGS fan so that had something to do with it, but he's also a fantastic character. His tilts are insane, and he's armed to the teeth with explosives. Finding different ways to blow up your opponent can be fun.

I also like to use Bowser, Kirby, Pikachu, and some others but I'm not very good with them right now.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
^
lol

but i use wegee (cause priority and shoriuken) and varia suit samus (cause projectile spam) (and cause i'm a fan of marth, weege and samus)

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
Lucas and Ike.
Lucas just because he's fun to play, and I love his overall moveset.
Ike because he's just a go**** beast.

Smash Apprentice
I think it's Toon Link, but I also play a lot as Pokemon Trainer, Fox, Diddy, and Ganondorf (although this is a massive work-in-progress).

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently debating between Falco, Shiek, and Metaknight for my secondary character. I can't decide because I never play that much with any of them, as of course I'm usually playing Marth.

nicksaninja

Smash Rookie
I use Zamus. I know she's considered to be a weaker character, but i'm actually fairly good with her. Only thing I'm not good at with her is recovery.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
When Brawl was coming out, we didn't know if Marth was still in, so I didn't know I'd be keeping him as my main from melee. Also, I've loved Metaknight as long as I've known him, so I was intending on maining him, but the new Marth won me over instantly, and I started to second Meta-Knight.

As play developed, I dropped Meta-Knight, and really began to favor Mario. He plays VERY similar to Marth in some ways (I know he doesn't spam fair or side B so hear me out)

Mario's upper cut, while lacking range and K. O. potential, is very similar to Marth's Dolphin Slash. His front smash has as much range and power, and his side B is used for midair pivot/ fall breaking similarly.

Whereas Marth has bad matchups, Mario has good, now being able to utilt juggle and bair very powerfully.

Unfortunatly, another similarity the characters share is their weakness from below. This may subconciously be one of the reasons I'm beginning to stick to Falco. His gun range, bair game, awesome Fsmash hitbox, chain grab for easy damage, easy dair spike, interrupting down B, linear horizontal recovery, and reliable dair take away Marth's main enemies (those being no long range, no deflector, semi-gimpable edgehog, and weakness from below as his dair isn't good in standard combat)

So I use many characters, but Falco might be your man if you need someone to balance Marth. My personal top line up is:

Marth
Mario
Falco

Top Bottom