• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your main in Smash 64?

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
It's really difficult for everyone to narrow it down to one character. I guess the best question would be "Who are you best with?". I just play whoever I feel like playing at the time.
yeah, im kinda leaning towards this criteria. I guess starting from this point on, this will be the "Who are you best with?" thread lol

DMoogle

A$
Best with on an absolute or a relative basis?

BIG difference. People should probably post at least both though, there's enough low-content posts in this thread. :rolleyes:

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Best with on an absolute or a relative basis?

BIG difference. People should probably post at least both though, there's enough low-content posts in this thread. :rolleyes:
what do you mean by absolute or relative basis? like, which character do u feel u know the best and which character do you feel u can perform the best with in a competitive situation, such as a tourney?

DMoogle

A$
I feel like I have a deeper knowledge and control with Luigi than I do with Pikachu, but I feel like I'm going to win with Pikachu way more often than I am with Luigi.

I would say that Luigi's my best on a relative basis (relative to the character's abilities), but Pikachu's my best on an absolute basis (generally better results overall).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Same with me...I'm much better with Link relative to Link's potential, but my Falcon is probably better (but whose Falcon isn't better than their Link lol).

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Relative = how good you are compared to other people who play that character

Absolute = who wins

So you could say my pikachu will beat my link (absolute), but I'm better with link when comparing against other links (relative)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Difficult for me to tell, since all 4 of the questions for the definition of a main are different for me.

1.) your favorite character - Captain Falcon.
2.) the first character you picked up - Fox/Mario, but those were a long time ago. If by recently/competitively, then probably Samus/DK.
3.) the character you feel most comfortable with playing - Donkey Kong.
4.) the character you use the most - Samus.

For me, relative is probably Samus, absolute is probably Falcon(console) or DK(online). But I won't call Falcon(nor DK I suppose) my main, as I feel like though I win most often with him, I don't truly exhibit the skill I do with Samus(both on and offline).

So...Samus main, I think.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
if we go by the absolute and relative criteria, i feel that alot of people are gonna say peek for their absolute character. so we should just focus on the relative aspect since by both of ur definitions, A$ and ballin, are pretty similar to what "main" means; the character u feel u know the best in terms of moves, gameplay, combos, etc.

@ Near: since were talking about the character u feel u know the best, it should be the same one. correct me if im wrong tho

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
if we go by the absolute and relative criteria, i feel that alot of people are gonna say peek for their absolute character. so we should just focus on the relative aspect since by both of ur definitions, A$ and ballin, are pretty similar to what "main" means; the character u feel u know the best in terms of moves, gameplay, combos, etc.

@ Near: since were talking about the character u feel u know the best, it should be the same one. correct me if im wrong tho
My technical Peak was around a year ago when my Yoshi was by far better than my Falcon.

my Yoshi has gotten worse (lost it's peak) but my Falcon and all of my other characters have improved

NystraK.

Smash Rookie
My favorite character by far is FoxMcCloud, he was also the first character I used when I started playing the game. I'm also most comfortable playing as Fox, he has a nice balance of speed and agility the Reflector comes in handy when your opponent tries to throw items/special attacks in your direction. When I checked my Use% rating it says 23.4 for Fox so he's the character that I use the most.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
My Best:
Falcon
Link
Luigi
Samus
Kirby

Mediocre characters:
Yoshi
DK
Mario

Characters who I'll never use :
Fox
Pikachu
Ness
Jiggly

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Name: The Melon!
Main: Jiggs!!!!!
Secondaries: Ness, Samus

First used Link because I felt the comboing ability he had outweighed any recovery woes I may have. I. Was. Wrong. So I decided to give other chars a try. Jiggs, Ness, and Samus seemed to really work for me, especially Jiggs. Then, once I learned some good 0 to Rest combos, I couldn't NOT main her lol. My Ness is prolly my 2nd best, with Samus being 3rd. I still suck in general I think (considering practice with other people can be quite scarce and I'll never touch a keyboard to play online), but that's what you get for playing the oldest game in the series, I suppose.

:036:

rpotts

Smash Lord
so yea
Main: falcon
favorite: falcon
original main: samus when i was a kid, kirby when i found smashboards
absolute: pika
relative: falcon
secondary: fox, kirby(ghey)
fun/friendly: dk, samus, yoshi

Console btw, I mean I play the same chars online but all my mains suffer online. my online kirby is prolly my best lol.

andrewajt62

Smash Journeyman
Suprised there's so many CF's, though he is pretty fun to play with and has some nice combos. Again I think this should be sticky

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hey andrew, what's your main? Wouldn't be Yoshi, would it? That would be quite a coincidence.

Top Bottom