• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's a good supplementary second for Snake?

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Not that Our Lord and Savior needs anyone to pick up the pieces, but war has changed.

I typically have problems with Falco and his ****ing newb CG.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
game & watch is actually a really good suggestion, a snake counter would probably be good, or just someone completely opposite (like a marth or a wario but wario is doomed to a d3 usually)

-Ran

Smash Master
Falco <- Master the easy gimp.
Game and Watch <- Super easy to pick up. Everyone secondaries G&W. xD
Meta Knight <- Obvious reasons. Only do it if you feel he won't be banned.
Marth <- A good option for a Melee oriented fighter, and won't be getting banned. Most even match ups next to MK. Does well against most of Snake's bad match ups.
Lucario <- F-Smash has the same spacing as F-Tilt, well slightly longer. Pretty easy to pick up his spacing game due to this.

Nic64

Smash Lord
game and watch is probably most reliable and he ***** on snakes bad matchups. If I were a snake main and needed a secondary it'd be him or MK, so basically you have to second guess the ban(or just pick MK and risk having to throw the experience away later on and start over). Marth and Lucario are also great options, snake, marth, and lucario are my most played right now.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I would have to suggest Marth.
Or, weirdly enough, Ness works well too.
I'm a Snake main, and those two just come natural to me, and playing those two helps me predict what people will do more with Snake.

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
have you guys tried ics?? theri learning curve is just too steep , but the payoff is great, if not i depends on what you looking i mean if you like balanced all rounders you could think in luigi , if you like disjointed hitboxes then go with marth , if you like spamming projectiles and cgs then go with falco , if you like to be broken then go for mk

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I secondary Falco, and between the two I can cover everyone pretty well. Marth or Game and Watch would also be a good choice.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I have a lot of secondaries but I use Falco in serious affairs. It annoys me because I hate Falco, and I spent a lot of time learning Wolf and I pick up Falco, play him for like a day and I pwn more than I do with Wolf...oh well. :(

Panix

Smash Ace
I chose marth. simply because in melee I was so use to using marth he's the only character I know like the back of my hand. him and falco. but falco changed to much =P

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
G&W does have the advantage over Falco, but I really don't think it's as much of **** as people say. Falco has to play smart with the lasers. You can actually use lasers to bait the bucket and get a free hit in, so it's not all bad, there.

His moves beat a lot of yours, but if you're patient and you play a game of keep away, needling him with the occasional sneaky lasers, you can win.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GW vs Falco is like 55-45 for GW. Not bad at all for falco, most falco's just suck. :).

Ice Climbers would be the best secondary for Snake. They destroy D3(seriously..it's a really bad match-up. Desynched blizzards all day) and they have a pretty significant advantage against Falco. Melee1 3 stocked Sethlons falco in tournament last week with climbers only taking 34%. It's brutal. They also do very well vs Olimar who can give snake trouble.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I have a lot of secondaries but I use Falco in serious affairs. It annoys me because I hate Falco, and I spent a lot of time learning Wolf and I pick up Falco, play him for like a day and I pwn more than I do with Wolf...oh well. :(
Falco's recovery, though not by much, is more reliable. Along with Falco comboing better, the chain throw, lasers better, down b is better.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Falco's recovery, though not by much, is more reliable. Along with Falco comboing better, the chain throw, lasers better, down b is better.

Yeah I find it easier to Falco also due to my defensive style of play and though both Wolf and Falco are versatile characters, Falco defensive > Wolf defensive. And yeah the lasers and the chain grab seal the deal for me.

K 2

Smash Lord
Pikachu...haha he can CG Falco and D3 up to 50-60%. Contrastly, he escapes falco's dthrow CG at 27% with a dair, and he can't be CG'd by D3

G&W is a solid character that's fairly easy to pick up. I'd go with him.

TokiDoki

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu because he's cool like my face and for DDD. Though Snake is good enough.: :lick:

napZzz

Smash Hero
falco, he ***** the heavys snake has trouble with and goes toe to toe with characters like olimar and pikachu.

Staco

Smash Champion
Snake is one of my seconds and not my main. ^^
But if you need a secondary for Snake, pick GaW.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Snake is one of my seconds and not my main. ^^
How is that on topic?

Best secondaries:

Metaknight (he's the best secondary for everyone)
Falco (covers a lot of Snake's weaknesses)
G&W/Marth (G&W is easy to learn and pick up =p and does pretty well, and Marth's only weakness is MK really xD so he's a great choice to cover Snake's weaknesses (especially D3 who has to be frame perfect to CG him, and Falco has a smaller CG on him due to up-B)

SuSa

Let this thread DIE!

Next post will get this thread closed. I made the secondary discussion to end all threads for a reason.

To end these threads **** it.

Stop posting.

--Below Posters Immediatly Become Flame Bat (BPIBFB)

Omit

Smash Apprentice
Not to go off topic but if you have problems with falcos cg just pull out a nade and that will stop him, anyways mk for secound lulz

*EDIT* and lol i didnt read the above post lulz lol lulz lololol lzuzz

Tanuki

Smash Rookie
i use zelda as a secondary but that's just me, falco inst that fun, G&W is boring and MK isnt fun to use either IMO. and btw havoc if people want to share their opinion here let them, this thread shouldn't die just because you say so. (this isnt flamebait btw, im just letting you know)

SuSa

Not to go off topic but if you have problems with falcos cg just pull out a nade and that will stop him, anyways mk for secound lulz

*EDIT* and lol i didnt read the above post lulz lol lulz lololol lzuzz
i use zelda as a secondary but that's just me, falco inst that fun, G&W is boring and MK isnt fun to use either IMO. and btw havoc if people want to share their opinion here let them, this thread shouldn't die just because you say so. (this isnt flamebait btw, im just letting you know)
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You have Invokked the wrath of Havokk. Beware

No, let this ****ing thread die. You want to know why you blind-as-a-bat-8-postee of a noob? We have a thread to discuss this crap. I made that thread, to keep the OP Updated with more specific data then just "lol pick Zelda because she's fun. :psycho:" alright? You don't just not pick someone because they "aren't fun". You got that? You don't pick them, because they suck. You wouldn't want Captain Falcon as a secondary if you play to win. That's not the right mindset. If you're Snake, chances are you are playing to win and just like his playstyle better then Meta Knights. (Or just want to be "as broken but not *****ed at for it") so you use Snake. Therefore, you wouldn't have a Meta Knight secondary only because you chose Snake.

You would pick someone like Falco, because he covers your bad matchups. That's playing to win. If you're going to come in here, bump a thread (at least that first guy made an edit saying he didn't see it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) but you just bump it, misspell my name and say you aren't flame bait? Oh boy are you wrong.

GTFO these boards. NOAW.

Top Bottom