• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whoever came up with Snake's ftilt..

darkatma

Smash Hero
either wanted to break the game, or make it extremely unbalanced.
Ftilt does 21 damage and has high knockback, both hits basically autocombo, the range is very deceptive(larger than it seems), and then he can follow up.

Utilt has the range of fox's upsmash in melee, and just about as much kill power.
upsmash is like.. the equivalent of peach's turnips in melee x10.

Anyways going to upload some vids of Snake's gayness sometime.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Snake is meant to be unconventional like that. His smashes are unorthodox so the gave the tilts some major killing power to compensate. You dont want to Phantom Hit or spam the tilts though or you lose your killing power easy.

If you wanna QQ about imbalance, then go to general brawl discussion.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Darkatama, you're already telling us stuff we all know.

If you look up broken in the dictionary you will find nothing but pictures of Snake.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Snake's got back! >.>

...on topic...yea ftilt is godly IF you use it right. *cough*depreciationdmg*cough*.

Zurik

Smash Rookie
It's pretty godly as long as you're a decent player.. Since snake has such a variety of excellent moves and his AAA combo you should never REALLY have an issue with depreciation on his ftilt. I never have personally.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol.

You don't need to be decent to be able to ***** broken moves with ridiculous hitboxes and stupid crazy damage.

Snake is broken.

I will enjoy ****** with him in tourney.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Snake isn't broken. He has difficulty with small characters, like Pikachu. He's only as broken as your ability to mindgame, I feel.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Being broken doesn't mean you take no skill.

It means the character has certian attributes that make them extremely powerful that are borderline unfair.

His hitboxes are broken. They extend far beyond his body and are disjointed which makes no sense.

Hence why I said his hitboxes are broken.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Oh, in that case I will agree with you, Snake is broken in those terms. Though the only attack that I've come across as ridiculous is his godly utilt, which probably can't be stopped unless someone breaths fire on you... Or just uses a special attack property, like electricity or fire. (Olimar comes to mind)

Yeah, Snake can be rapesause if used right.

waks

Smash Journeyman
I think Hideo Kojima made a deal with Sakurai that if he wants to include Snake in Brawl, he has to be broken XD

But yeah, Snake takes time. I like the way Snake plays, since hes more strategical, and the like. And yeah, of course his godly tilts.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I think Hideo Kojima made a deal with Sakurai that if he wants to include Snake in Brawl, he has to be broken XD
Hideo must've been smart with the fine print, because I bet Sega did the same with Sonic but everything he got was crappy. I almost died laughing from hearing "Sonic Boom"

waks

Smash Journeyman
LOL, Sega messed up as always XD Hideo was way ahead of them lol

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Sakurai probably just hooked him up.

They are probably BFF or something.

Slaymaker

Smash Rookie
Meh, heres my opinion... He's Solid Snake... Of course he has to be broken in some way otherwise it just wouldn't work.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
1) Kojima and Sakurai probably aren't the closest of friends, this whole thing probably started with TTS release on GC.

2) Just like in Melee, it was probably an accident that Snake is actually this good. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
of course it was an accident, just like that davy crockett to the russian weapons facillity.....................yesss

Hostility

Smash Ace
Being broken doesn't mean you take no skill.

It means the character has certian attributes that make them extremely powerful that are borderline unfair.

His hitboxes are broken. They extend far beyond his body and are disjointed which makes no sense.

Hence why I said his hitboxes are broken.
You're an idiot

toodaloo

Smash Rookie
dear god i want to have sex with snake's ftilt
same here.
DISJOINTED HIT BOX FEELS SO GOODO OHH YESSS.
KNEE AND SMASH ME HARDER YES OH YES..

when i spam the ftilt, i call him the hulk.
the noises it makes and the destructive nature of the ftilt, is.. too funny.

reilina_06

Smash Rookie
so its not just me who thinks its broken
the utilts amd ftilts.

every time i go to the practice area where u have that white
punching bag, i always wonder why the hitbox of those to moves
are so big.

Captain Falcon's knee had a mighty hitbox, an no one cried about that. Everyone loved it.

>_> Methinks people are afraid that Snake will 1-up and take the Captain's place as the manliest smash character, if he has not done so already.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
I played an absolute noob that was Snake, and he actually competed with me. F-tilt after F-tilt, my damage grew with my temper. GAHH! Frustrated as I was, I still won. After, I played my brother's Snake, and same story, F-tilt to F-tilt, but now with the added missle. Snake is good, but god, do I hate that F-tilt. The first hit cannot be DI'd out of, right?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
We know Snake's ftilt is broken and here is another reason why. If you get the timing right, you can use the first strike of his f tilt to torture someone who grabbed an Assist Trophy when they land. When one lands after grabbing the item, they will take a short time to release it. This will prevent them from releasing it. When you get the timing down, you have yourself an infinite until they drop the item. Don't worry about them tripping from your attack. If your timing is good you will still be able to hit them again.

Great for annoying people on Wi-Fi.

Thanatology

Smash Rookie
We know Snake's ftilt is broken and here is another reason why. If you get the timing right, you can use the first strike of his f tilt to torture someone who grabbed an Assist Trophy when they land. When one lands after grabbing the item, they will take a short time to release it. This will prevent them from releasing it. When you get the timing down, you have yourself an infinite until they drop the item. Don't worry about them tripping from your attack. If your timing is good you will still be able to hit them again.

Great for annoying people on Wi-Fi.
Lulz that is genius. I'll have to try that out.

Sonork

Smash Cadet
I was just coming here to see if anyone else thought his tilts are absolutly bullsh*t. Glad I'm not alone. So broken ><

Ragnorok64

Smash Rookie
What about whoever gave Lucas his Upsmash? That's supplanted Pike's recovery as my most hated move. at the moment.

Spy_Hunter

Smash Cadet
I'll admit there aretimes when he does a feel a bit broken. Do I feel any less a god when I kill? Hell no. :)

Top Bottom