• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 (MK banned) FULL RESULTS [October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm so glad SA doesn't do that kinda crap.
On the other hand, Dphat and Fogo were amazing at trash talk. :applejack:

8Bitman

Smash Master
Denti took the crowd chants like a man.

Denteeeeee, Denteeeeeeeeee, OMG DENTEEEEEEEEEEE!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Oh hey look what's on my wall in my room back in canada now

steep

Smash Lord
I made it back to Austin. I'll do shoutouts tomorrow when I'm not tired as ****…

This was probably the most fun I've ever had at a big tourney… I got a ton better and played a lot of people so I am really sad to hear that this is the last event Xyro is hosting…

Preemptive shoutout to Sync for housing me. That was so cool and I couldn't have asked for a better first experience with being housed by smash players. I think I left my USB to phone cable on your floor downstairs after letting someone borrow the wall plug part of it. Just let me know if you see it and hang on to it if you don't mind. I'll make a trip and come see you guys and get it back at some point.

Also M2K told me I was really good with Mario. Let's a-go. :mario2:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Secretly, the white controllers Chibo shows on stream all the time don't go to the cancerous twitch followers. But to top players of his choice that represent the CT name in their tag.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Secretly, the white controllers Chibo shows on stream all the time don't go to the cancerous twitch followers. But to top players of his choice that represent the CT name in their tag.
Actually, the person who won my last controller (from Crossfire) was someone who lives in Texas that I got to meet at WHOBO lol
Coulda saved on shipping costs! <_<

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I lose my controller all the time but it's always my tourney and I let people borrow it a lot so it's nbd.

at a bigger event I hold on to it, and if I need to use my hands for like eating or peeing then I ask a friend to watch it for me.

Our GCC's are like a basketball players jersey. Losing it is suck
or like a pro skaters board except those cost like $200 and a GCC costs usually $20-50 but still

shoutouts to denti for denti

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I've had the same controller that I got from Anti 3 years ago, I just never let it leave my sight, ever.

and I carry it around in a bag, so that makes it easier to manage

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Or you can be responsible and bring it with you everywhere if you don't want to lose it. Keep in a bag, put in pocket if big enough, or wrap cord around neck like a scarf.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
where da payouts at?
Sorry for screaming.

I don't really mean it but yeah

Pray the gay away
idk about you but
i wouldn't want to be (indirectly or otherwise) compared to ice climbers or olimar

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Watching me vs MegaFox again, it really was as bad as I remembered it. Literally just ****ing screaming so loud that it was as loud as the commentators were on their headsets, except that it was done next to my ears the entire time (and the commentators weren't near the players). And to make things worse, I'm pretty sure the majority of it was Mike Ray and Bloodcross, 2 of the 6 players there from my region <_<
It was literally the reason why I lost that match 100%

Like I don't even want to keep posting about this but I'm so furious over it I can't get my mind off of it

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If it matters as well Chibo, I was joking during our pools matches and trying to keep things loose if sitting behind you and creatively wording what happened on screen bothered you. Comments went both ways in support of you and your oponents

I also tried to coach/hype Steep since I figured you were going to win, but wanted to you to win all your other matches (except was torn with Mekos since he's honorary KS)

Just preemptively clearing that up. Apologies if it was part of the problem for you, since I didn't know you were getting it all weekend. You're usually pretty well liked by the community based on what I've seen in the past, so I didn't even think something like this was possible.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
If they were seriously next to your ears then yeah stfu. But had they been far enough I don't think it matter it's more like a deal with it situation. Think about how Apex goes for players with 70+ behind em but they don't complain.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If it matters as well Chibo, I was joking during our pools matches and trying to keep things loose if sitting behind you and creatively wording what happened on screen bothered you. Comments went both ways in support of you and your oponents

I also tried to coach/hype Steep since I figured you were going to win, but wanted to you to win all your other matches (except was torn with Mekos since he's honorary KS)

Just preemptively clearing that up. Apologies if it was part of the problem for you, since I didn't know you were getting it all weekend. You're usually pretty well liked by the community based on what I've seen in the past, so I didn't even think something like this was possible.

Oh no no no not at all, I thought it was hilarious when you did that lol, that's why I was replying to you even when I was playing half the time lol

The only time it happened to me was only vs MegaFox. By the entire weekend I meant that they were being jerks and screaming and stuff the entire weekend. Literally from the moment I saw them Saturday morning until the end of GFs.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Nah I thought they were funny but even I think screaming like that during matches ain't cool. Who was it that yelled "this isn't California"?

I liked their very educational and informative discussions of Mr. Game and Watch between Vinnie's MT games because I am a bona fide nintendo history scholar

steep

Smash Lord
steep’s shoutouts

1: Apex| XFire| Vinnie – Good **** winning this tournament. Those IC’s are so good. I’m still geeking out from our friendlies when you shield DI’d my jabs WITH NANA and grabbed me after I had hit Popo away, and then converted into a full chain grab to death. I had a lot of fun playing our few games. You’re on a whole other level from the other IC’s I’ve played.

2: Denti - I wish we could have played some friendlies! Good stuff getting second. Maybe I’ll come to Apocalypse 2 (product placement) and then we can play.

3: MJG - Hey man nice getting 3rd. You’re so smart at how to play this game. Ha Ha And thanks a ton for giving me some tips against TL before I had to fight Jerm. I was so nervous before that. Even if your advice only consisted of “Get him off stage (which is really hard to do) and then cape the **** out of him.” :p We will definitely have to play more than just a few games the next time I see you.

4: Rich Brown – You were probably one of the coolest people I met this weekend. I didn’t know what to expect when I found out you were staying at the same housing as me, but I shouldn’t have been concerned. You were so chill and helpful all weekend, giving me advice on keeping calm during sets, helping me with my Olimar, and playing my Mario with MK. We’ll still never know who would’ve won that second to last match, but I’m just happy I won that last one. :p And you were the witness to M2K saying I was really good with Mario. Ha Ha Ha we will definitely have to keep in touch and I’ll let you know if I’m in Cali and we will jam some time. Take it easy!

5: Delux - I was so impressed with you at this tourney! I’m not sure if we ever had played before, which is funny because we finally play after I move out of our region… Ha Ha You’re IC’s were really smart and that [bthrow -> hobble -> charged fsmash -> regrab] was so sick at racking up % quickly. Your ZSS was awesome as well so that was hype. Thanks for giving me some tips about respecting ROB’s projectiles a little more. I’m excited to go back and watch those games on stream.

5: Gnes - I wanted to play you but never got a chance. GRRRRR oh well next time!

7: BloodCross – I have played a lot of Falco’s… But never have I played a Falco that shuts Mario down as completely as you do. That jab is too good in that MU… GGs

7: Illmatic - THAT AIN’T FALCO. Your wombo combo was so sick in our MM. I’m glad we got that saved. Hopefully it get’s put up on YouTube so others can see me being a punching bag for your Peach. Ha Ha I had a lot of fun playing you and hope that you saw a definite improvement in my Mario from Apex 2012.

9: Z - You are a really cool guy and definitely know how to just have fun with this game. I respect that a lot. I wish we could have played some singles games but doubles was fun. Your Samus is so legit and fun to watch. Taking on those double MKs… Ha Ha Ha

9: Seagull - I wish we had gotten to play!! Your Wolf is so good. Next time for sure!

9: 8BitMan - I had a lot of fun playing your ROB. I wasn’t expecting you to be as good as you were! You did some serious work, so congrats!

9: Ryo - You brought so much hype at this event! Dang man. I hope you got to feeling better. I realized that after I mentioned I had ibuprofen, I forgot to get it for you. Heh sorry about that. I had a ton of fun playing doubles with you as well. Our double Mario was so sick. And I had fun using fludd to set up ridiculous kills with your Ike. I’m still salty you did better against KJ’s Marth than I did with Mario… Ha Ha

13: Asa - You are a really solid player. I had fun playing your Olimar and watching your Ness. I hope we get to play again sometime.

13: MVD - I’m salty we didn’t get to play! I’m not sure when we’ll get another chance, but if we do, we are definitely playing!

13: Jnig - I wish I could have played you! I don’t think I ever got the chance to.

13: MegaFox - Your fox is so legit. I was impressed while watching your matches. Good ****. Next time, let’s play!

17: Espy - I loved watching your Sonic! I wish we had gotten to play but I think you were pretty much always playing, between LT Doubles, MT, and Brawl. I’ll find you next time and challenge you! Be ready!

17: Sync - Thanks again for housing me. I had a blast at your place. Even though I’m gonna be tired for a week at least. Ha Ha I’m not sure if we ever played… Isn’t that sad? Sorry if I’m mistaken on that but if I’m not then we should play next time. I’ll come visit!

17: PJ - Let’s play some games next time! Good stuff in bracket!

17: Mekos - O pool captain, my pool captain! Ha Ha you were an awesome person to meet this weekend. I had a lot of fun talking to you about life as well as smash, and watching you play is always so hype! I’m glad we got to play in pools, and you saying that I had you on the ropes game one really made me feel good about my Mario. Good **** winning MT singles.

17: M2K – I know you probably won’t care, but I’m really impressed that you entered singles at this event and I’m glad that you did as well as you did. Thanks for the friendlies at Sync’s house, and you seriously made my day when you said I was really good with Mario. Ha Ha

17: Jerm - Good stuff in pools man! I had a lot of fun playing you, and I hope that my Mario was challenging for you to fight against. I got at least one cape gimp in our set! Your Toon Link is so impressive. Keep it up!

17: Lycan - I really wanted to play you, but never got around to it. Good stuff in bracket. Your Wolf is legit!

17: Zeton - It was really cool meeting you and talking with you. I had a lot of fun playing against you and your advice and encouragement was really awesome to hear. I also enjoyed teaming with you in some of those friendlies, and I hope you thought I was a good partner haha take it easy man.

25: Esca - Your Pit is so good! I thought I might take a game in our MM at least… But good **** for not letting me! Ha Ha we will have to play at the next event I see you at for sure!

25: Zero - You were really insightful after the last night of the tourney. It was a lot of fun playing you in doubles, and I hope you get everything figured out outside of smash! Good luck man.

25: MikeRay - It was good playing you in doubles, and you guys were really funny for most of the tourney. Only crossed that line at a few points, as others have mentioned. But those Denti calls were so funny to me. Ha Ha

25: Ish - I’m pretty sure we played at some point but I can’t remember when… Ha Ha it’s so hard to recall everything throughout this tourney. Good job making it out of pools, and we should play again next time and I’ll try to remember better!

25: Chibo - Sorry about your bad experience in bracket man… I had a lot of fun playing you in pools on stream, and I know you could have gone farther had circumstances been different in bracket. Your ROB is always really hype!

25: FlipHop – We never played I don’t think… We will have to play next time!

25: TrueBlue - Good stuff in our MT games… You have a really good Sonic… I’m super salty that after such a close game Game one, I lost to timeout. I want to play you again sometime and redeem myself.

25: Valdens – Your GnW looked really good. Keep it up! Wish we could have played a few games!

Pools:

Luck – I had a lot of fun playing your Diddy. Thanks for the compliment on my Mario too. I should have gone Luigi though… Maybe I could have won game 1 as well as game 2… Good stuff though and let’s play again sometime!

Zano – We played in friendlies, and then in pools! Ha Ha I had fun playing against you, and I think you could have made it out in an easier pool. We should play again next time!

Panic – Where did you go? I was looking forward to a rematch from MT when you barely beat me (GREAT games by the way. That was the most I’ve ever been able to adapt and it was a cool experience for me. I hope you had fun too) but then you got DQ’d… Oh well hope you were okay and I’ll see you around. I still want that rematch!

Other Shoutouts –

Silent – It was great meeting you and hanging out with you throughout the entire tourney. I had a blast teaming with you and I think we both taught each other a lot throughout the tourney. We Mario’s have to stick together! If you’re going to Apocalypse 2 let me know and maybe I’ll go too. I really had a lot of fun playing with and against your Mario. And good **** on taking first stock against Illmatic! I hope my advice on the MU helped. He later said that usually when you guys play it’s not that close and he sounded impressed with your Mario. Let’s keep improving and motivating each other! I’ll see you around.

BSP – You have a beast Luigi and Mario man. I was super impressed all around. Good stuff doing so well in everything and I wish we had gotten to play some more… I never fought your Luigi. Next time!

Brawlman – Your Sonic is so scary man. Good stuff beating M2K’s MK once with it. Keep it up and let’s play some more next time. I want to keep getting better at that MU.

AeroLink – It was a lot of fun talking with you during some of the live stream games, particularly Espy vs. Ryo. I learned a ton from playing against you and I carried that with me throughout the next couple days and I think I really showed a lot of improvement. Thanks again, and let’s play again sometime.

CT – It was fun playing against you and teaming with you, even if I am still salty about you killing me with bucket in a 2v1 with GnW + Lucas and then losing the game all in the span of 2 seconds… Ha Ha Ha Ha Sorry if I seemed irritated. You’ve got a great Peach and we should play again sometime.

Xyro – This was a great event and I hope you had as much fun as I did! It was so cool to see you getting hyped over matches and still keeping things running so smoothly. I really respect that in your TO’ing capabilities. It meant a lot to me when I asked for a few games and without hesitation you said sure and went and got your controller. I didn’t even think you would have time but you figured out a good time before tourney started that day and played me and that was a great experience for me. I hope to see you again sometime. That Samus is sooooooo good.

BPOW – It was a lot of fun playing you in doubles. Ha I hope you saw an improvement from the last time we played (at Vengeance) even though we never played any friendlies or anything. I’ll find you next time! Take it easy man.

PCity – Doubles with you and BPOW was so much fun. Ha Ha it was the perfect way to finish up after pools and everything. I still can’t believe we beat your Snake + MK team with double Mario… But I’m sure it would be tough to repeat that if we tried. Let’s play some friendlies next time, as well as more doubles!

KJ – It was fun playing you and teaming with you. That Marth is really good! Also we held our own against MJG + M2K so I think we should be proud of what little we could do there. Ha Ha take it easy man and let’s play again sometime.

Tesh - It was awesome meeting you! You seemed like a really cool guy. I hope we get to play some more next time. Take it easy!

Sorry if I forgot anyone! I had so much fun at this tourney! My Mario went up by like 10 levels. Texas is awesome! Sorry this post is so long. Lot's of people who deserved getting a shoutout!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
As soon as AirBrushKing (de angelo) gives me the n64/pm/melee results ill put them up. i will need lots of help with character/players.

steep

Smash Lord
Xyro, Silent and I used Mario + Luigi in regular doubles.

I have videos on my wii and I'm not sure who is playing in one of them but if you'd like them uploaded I can have that done. The one I don't know about is between a white Link and a Marth player and it ends with a bomb stage spike on smashville. Let me know who the players are and if you wanted it uploaded to youtube. Thanks

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Delux vs. Chibo.
That downb.
My GOD. :applejack:
Thank you for keeping ZSS from drowning in pools

If you liked that, you should have seen me vs. Mike Ray in bracket
Shenanigans were so fraudulently real

otherwise, I have no idea what I'm doing :zerosuitsamus:
Except Bair. I love me some ZSS Bair

Also, if anyone wants to hear my opinion on M2k's standup comedy routine at Denny's hmu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom