• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who your back up character?

NNID
MasterHavik
if you main sonic.Who your back up if things don't go your way? My main is Kirby,becasue of his jumping and decent up close game make me god with him.G&W next becasue of his crazy moves,and sneak attacks tricks work to my mix up game.And last,but not least is Sonic for mindgames,and combos.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
A hybrid Zelda/Shiek for my second.
Olimar is my current thirdary....that might change though....he's soooo boring to play with after you know how to use him.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon.

Yes. I know. I'm insane. There is a reason I almost never switch away from Sonic, but I'm weirdly obsessed with the good Captain lately. My Brawl theory seems to be nothing but low tiers after I dominated friends in Melee. Which sucks cause now I'm trying to get into the competitive scene and finally found a friend on(maybe above) my level and everything is that much harder cause I play Sonic(After Marth in Melee it's still a little weird getting out ranged when it's not a projectile).

::shrug:: I just find Sonic to be the only character I really have fun with. Captain is challenging. Marth is my third though, can't seem to adjust to Brawl Marth but I'm still passable as him

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
My mains in order are:
Sonic
Sheik
Lucario
Pit
Zelda
Wolf
Diddy

Sonic is great for speed and thats about it.
Sheik is better at comboing but still sucks.
Lucario is ranged and strong compared to Sonic and Sheik.
Pit is just really fun to play as.
Zelda has range and priority.
Wolf is just strong and I really don't use him too much.
Diddy has the most fun air game ever.

I'm really only good as Sonic, Sheik and Lucario. The others are there for minor mains though I really really want to main Jigglypuff. (Seriously she is Olimar's counter imo)

Boxob

Smash Champion
Everyone who isn't marth, ike, falco, luigi, peach, pikachu, toon link, regular samus, and pit.

I use anyone who isn't broken.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Sonic back ups?

Marth, Luigi, Pokemon Trainer, Shiek, Falco.

Mainly Marth. If Sonic wasn't in this game, Marth would be my main.

NNID
MasterHavik
I see,well I use Sonic if i want to pwn a heavy character or someone small is where I will start kicking *** with Sonic.the same goes for Kirby and G&W.I'm also thinking aobut palying as snake or Falco.Luigi is getting boring,and Peach is not what she is anymore.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
Everyone who isn't marth, ike, falco, luigi, peach, pikachu, toon link, regular samus, and pit.

its really funny to fight people that use broken characters, and then to mirror them and destroy them..

brawl is seriously so broken compared to melee.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
brawl isnt broken, its balanced b/c every character is broken....=P
but back on topic,

D3
Luc
Wolf
Ganon (was my main in brawl)
Falco
Kirby
... in that order

and i dabble in....
Fox
Jiggles
Pit
GaW
and IC's

basically i give a a shot to everyone who IS broken

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow, reviving dead topics is crazy.

I use Sonic, Sonic, and Sonic.

Oh, I forgot, I also use Sonic.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
I'll use Sonic in as many matches as I can so I can get used to playing him against some bad matchups. If I wanted to switch it up, I would use Lucario (my previous main) and sometimes I'll throw my Ice Climbers into the fire

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ike is everything my Sonic isn't; heavy, powerful, another backup for me is Lucario.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Orange Soda Man used Pheonix Down!

As for the topic....I don't know. Probably Jigglypuff lol, but I play most matches as Sonic.
Yes, even against Wario.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lol wow this is an old thread. I don't really have a "backup" per say. I usually play as other characters before I start playing with Sonic, though as anyone who's placed me may know, my other chars totally stink relative to my Sonic. My Falco and Marth can be pretty good at times, but I just don't have that consistency I have with Sonic. Thus, I play Sonic against everyone really, and most of the time I don't have a problem with that.

Tenki

Smash Hero

look look, it's when he still played.

wtfthreadcromancy.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Look at my signature.

I use those characters as backups.

While Yoshi is my main.

In Melee, however, I use Yoshi and the rest as backups, while Luigi is my main.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, I almost always go all Sonic, but I like to pull out Ness and Luigi from time to time. Yeah, low tier characters are the way to go (surprised that Luigi made mid tier...)

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Sonic->Lucario->Falco. That's it. =O Of course, when I play against my friends, I always start with Falco, then go to Lucario, then to sonic. Lol. ^^

Top Bottom