• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Good games to Erick a captain falcon on the 3ds. Best falcon on 3ds. I didn't have trouble until those dairs haha

Gabriel - Jthor

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-6298-8464
Just played against IGNANT on 3DS for like an hour, it'd be cool to fight him again some time. He played DK the whole set of matches and i switched between ZSS, Fox and Falco

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
GGs to @quote. I gotta say, this one is the hardest ROB I've ever fought in FG. You completely kicked my butt there. Have a bad attitude though, since you completely taunt everytime you took a stock away. GGs though.

GGs to S too. Amazing Pacman. Couldn't keep with all those projectiles flying around me. xD

Last edited:

Oak~

Smash Rookie
has anyone ever come across a player named pdphile? first player ive ever seen that i dropped out on seeing a name

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
I fought this Eduardo guy from Texas using WFT. You did really great with her. Wish he didn't leave after our first battle. I know he won, but that's because I was trying to charge my 3ds -.- that's why I was just jumping around the stage trying to avoid him. Lol, if you're here I want a rematch. It would have been fun if you stayed there. The mii is wearing glasses and it has brown hair.

Last edited:

CannonGanon

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1498-3334
My name is "Cannon..." on 3DS. I most likely will be playing Ganondorf. People say I'm pretty good so if you wanna go again, I'm here.

If not Ganon, most likely Yoshi, Shulk, Luigi, or Captain Falcon

Caltraps

Smash Rookie
NNID
ResidentBevo
3DS FC
2853-0415-8396
Had a ton of really awesome matches tonight, I was the Ness with the black shirt on named "Cal" to anyone that might've seen me!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
@ RoachCake RoachCake
Wow finally ran into a SWF member again. Just played you on 3DS. Nice samus and pika. Would enjoy playing you again at some point.

CannonGanon

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1498-3334
have you ever run into any japanese players? i find theyre amazing at technical skill its almost exclusively zss's woking at true combos but i also noticed 90% of the ones i beat drop out instantly afterwards. if youre looking for near flawless play its definitely goind down in the land of the sun but i feel like win\loss ratio is way too important to the japanese players ive seen. personally if someone can beat me i stick with that player till ive learned them in and out
As someone said to me one time, If someone is beating your buns, let them biscuits cook, and pickup their recipe. I agree with you completely. It's always ZSS and I can't ever get a good game with them.

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
GGs to a Sam on 3DS. Beat your Dedede with my Ike first, and then you went Sonic and wrecked my day.
Also to an Alexis from New Jersey. We did Lucina vs. Pikachu/Fox. Shame it was laggy, since I'd say our skill levels were pretty close.

I'm Royvo Ream on 3DS and Wii U. I use Ike, sometimes Falco, and I'm always using a conquest character whenever I can earn points.

Last edited:

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
I'd like to congratulate Mupp on being the 3DS version Teabag the ground champ! However, given that your only win came because I SD'd, you may want to brush up on your more important skills.

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
Played against 'knickerbock1' Villager

Was worst match of all time. Spent the entire game rolling and doing rockets. Dude needed to put more quarters in his router. I eventually ran off the stage even though I was in the lead by 90% because I just couldn't bare both lag and rolling.

He changed his tag to U.SUCK.
I changed mine to Thanks

I need a better witty comeback.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
last night I had some nice matches on WiiU with a guy from new york. I forget their name, but they played kirby in a mirror match against me multiple times. they were decidedly better then me, but I feel I got a lot better myself during the course of the matches. I went by CCCM in game, much like I do here, but, again, I forgot their name. if I sound familiar to someone, hopefully we could meet up to play some more. You were good practice.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
On the 3DS.

Wonderful shoutout to Andrés who used Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede. You simply outplayed me and smoothly pulled off combos that shot me up to 80% in no time. Especially on Kirby, you managed to finish me off every time with dsmash.

I'm thankful that you saw me as a legitimate player trying to fight and not as a stupid scrub. Good job saying goodbye on that last round. Unfortunately I spent half of the rounds trying to get the right archetype against you and only succeeded with Ike. Keep making these three characters shine!

-from Collin_

Last edited:

PCHU

Smash Lord
Played against 'knickerbock1' Villager

Was worst match of all time. Spent the entire game rolling and doing rockets. Dude needed to put more quarters in his router. I eventually ran off the stage even though I was in the lead by 90% because I just couldn't bare both lag and rolling.

He changed his tag to U.SUCK.
I changed mine to Thanks

I need a better witty comeback.
Don't fool with people like that; if you end the match yourself, don't linger, just exit out and try to find someone else.
I've grown to dislike most people I fight because way too many people come off as trolls and it sours the whole thing really quick, so I typically don't stay with those people unless I want to run their face into the ground with Dedede.
Even then it doesn't feel like I accomplished anything; it's like wasted time.

Long story short, don't give these people any more time than they deserve; if your goal is to have fun and improve, a blemish on your W/L shouldn't mean anything -- get out of there and look for someone worth your while.
After all, nobody else can really see it, and the matchmaking will suck regardless of your ratio.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I just fought a guy named "Showyoucan" who had a great, astounding Marth, easily best one i've ever fought period. I was the guy who started as Little Mac and later switched to Shulk. I found it hard to gimp you and just get at you over all, and you were great at pivot grabs. Would love to fight again.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Faced some Japanese dude with a Ganondorf Mii, who was playing Wireframe Little Mac. I've never faced a Little Mac that angled their F-Smash before so I ended up getting hit by stupid crap such as Downwards F-Smash three times in a row. I'm still not convinced that Game & Watch vs Little Mac is a good match-up for Game & Watch. Sure, Game & Watch can edgeguard Little Mac like a joke, but actually getting the guy off-stage is difficult when your Roll, Dash Attack, and Dash Grab simply aren't quick enough or can be beaten out by the super-armor. Not to mention that the angle option for F-Smash prevents the option of ducking as viable, and F-Tilt still kills us early since Game & Watch is pretty light. Worst of all is when you get in, but lose what you had going while they have a KO Punch ready to go.

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
GGs to K from New York(?) on 3DS. We did Charizard v. Pikachu and I had a good deal of fun. I won all the matches but knew you were just screwing around for funnies (not pummeling me, taunting, dash trotting between stocks but not in game).

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I met a very good player known as Alina with a Lavender Link. If you remeber me, I was the Light Blue Sonic.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Long shot, likely, but I'll post anyway. Went against a Red Alph player called Donal on 3DS FG1v1 a while ago. I was really quite impressed and just all 'round happy with how you kept up with and almost beat my Roy, though you quit after your second loss. I'd like to honestly battle again. Not very often you get Pikmin char players, and I was glad to run into a good one.

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to JJ on the 3DS who used Little Mac, Pac Man, Sonic and Dr. Mario! It was a lot of fun playing against you. I was that Marth, Zelda and Robin named "Yas".

BBC7

Smash Ace
Faced a fellow on Wii U by the name of junior. After I hit him with a fully charged F-Smash and stagespiked him with Up B on his first stock, he gives up on the second stock immediately before changing his tag to "LAGGYB*TCH", "GETOUT" and "DONTPLAY". His sodium chloride levels must be extremely high

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Faced a fellow on Wii U by the name of junior. After I hit him with a fully charged F-Smash and stagespiked him with Up B on his first stock, he gives up on the second stock immediately before changing his tag to "LAGGYB*TCH", "GETOUT" and "DONTPLAY". His sodium chloride levels must be extremely high
Lol. Junior got mad bruh.

Anyways, I battled an awesome villager who goes by Zeph in 3ds. He's color is green and his pic is a tree? and the caption says I don't like this game. I know I should have quit when I lost my wft and peach to you. But you were too awesome

BBC7

Smash Ace
found a black peach named junior who rage quit the last match when I falcon punched her for the kill.
Must've been the same guy. What a salty dude, he should be called NaCl instead. I also get really salty so I shouldn't be one to talk, but now I know what people think of me, I guess.

EDIT: I'm an extreme hypocrite, as I just recently called someone a c*nt for playing Rosaluma and spamming D-Smash. I'm really starting to hate Game & Watch, I regret picking this useless piece of trash for a main.

Last edited:

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
Thats why you always need a umad? or salty tag for these type of people he will leave immediately or get even more mad. Its a win if he leaves or its continue to get owned if he stays.

My post its too blue I cant read it.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Got wrecked by a guy by the name of Bruiser who was using the tags to advertise Allisbrawl.com. I beat him once when I switched to Mega Man, and that actually got me wondering if I should still invest time in Game & Watch as I pulled out a character I'm a bit rusty with and won, while I've been playing Game & Watch for a long time now.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Lol. Junior got mad bruh.

Anyways, I battled an awesome villager who goes by Zeph in 3ds. He's color is green and his pic is a tree? and the caption says I don't like this game. I know I should have quit when I lost my wft and peach to you. But you were too awesome
I also fought Zeph but they used a pretty average Diddy.

Zargerth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zargerth
3DS FC
5000-2196-5204
Shoutout to mukA^! Your ZSS was one of the best I've ever had the honor to face in combat!

CannonGanon

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1498-3334
Yoyoyo shoutout to ToRcH I believe his name was on 3DS. Great Samus. Sorry I accidentally disrespected a couple times but gg

LyonDRC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LyonDRC
I just fought someone who used Khronos as his tag and Chris (I think it was Chris) as his Wii U name. Good Ganondorf and Link! Hopefully you accept my friend request so we can play together some other time!

P.S. I'm the red Marth with the tag Lyon :) This is for the Wii U version btw.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
GGs to @Chyro ?

ROB with the tag Chyros 3ds, ggs I was MOM.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
GG to Sergio who pretty much outplayed me. Nice job being another one who uses quite a few characters decently. Those were fun. You entirely changed my opinion on your Toon Link because you were literally the first Link I saw do Up B twice with the bomb. You really fooled me on that one.

I was just really dumb on the first and last matches :p

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
@ToxoT Good games! Always nice to see another Charizard user. I would've switched to Charizard for the ditto, but didn't want it to come off as disrespect or anything. I would've played more, but unfortunately, I had to go.

Cheers

Smash Apprentice
ggs to gomie bear who i played for like an hour (?). Very fun games. The ending of that game on Mushroom Kingdom was epic o.o. if you see this I would like to play you more lol.

I was the wario player btw

Top Bottom