• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I haven't played 3DS FG in AGES, so it was nice to get back on the scene after I brushed up my skills a whole bunch! Anyway, I'm looking for some people that I fought in 1v1.

• migue- I have so much respect for Peach after seeing the destruction you caused first-hand! I wanna fight you again!
  • Kathy- Your Rosalina was really great. I'm interested in learning how to play Rosie, so I'd like you to teach me if you're on here!
  • DSF- Dear God Almighty... your Captain Falcon... I thought I was going to win with my yellow Yoshi, but you put him in his place at the end. You have a ton of skill and I'd be honored to fight you again.
  • Friccion- I haven't seen a good Palutena on FG until you showed up! You know how to use her very well.
If anyone sees me in FG, I'm going by the name of Kaylin and I will start off with this guy right here! :4yoshi:

Last edited:

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
Wish i could find more skill in fg

PCHU

Smash Lord
But don't you love it when people run away from you the whole match?

I've met a few people that were alright, but most just resorted to camping me or purposely running the clock.
I can respect playing to win, but it gets tiring after a few matches of solid camping.
Been going as Radiarc/Wispy; all of the people I enjoyed fighting had normal names, so I completely forgot them.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006

I've met a few people that were alright, but most just resorted to camping me or purposely running the clock.
I can respect playing to win, but it gets tiring after a few matches of solid camping.
Been going as Radiarc/Wispy; all of the people I enjoyed fighting had normal names, so I completely forgot them.
same story with spammers?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
@WarioMaster9 , assuming you had the ingame name Wariomaster you eere pretty rude/vulgar with the names. GGs otherwise if so, but it was kinda unnecessary.

@ Cho Cho , I believe I pIayed you and if so very GGs, nicest player I've met by far I am the dorf eho flame choke you as your bike hit you lol..

radiostarkiller

Smash Rookie
Z/Ohmz, those were some of the best Ness dittos I've played on FG. I learned a ton and the last match's stupidity was fun, haha!

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212

True I've played against styles like that most tried with link or tink even though it is annoying it helped me learn how to handle that style of play

Side note how you been pchu havent talked to you since the project m dbdi days

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
ggs @ Nikes Nikes great yoshi.
GGs dude, it's always a treat finding a SWF player :) It's too bad that lag was kicking in like crazy. My LAN adapter's on the way so if you're keen to play again sometime soon it should be way better than that.
Also highfive for fellow Aussie!

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
How many wins do I need to get out of the garbage tier on for glory seriously, where the skill at some days?

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
GGs dude, it's always a treat finding a SWF player :) It's too bad that lag was kicking in like crazy. My LAN adapter's on the way so if you're keen to play again sometime soon it should be way better than that.
Also highfive for fellow Aussie!
nice, i just assumed you were from the US like everyone else with an english name who was good.
i'd love to play you again sometime. :)
How many wins do I need to get out of the garbage tier on for glory seriously, where the skill at some days?
you never really get out of it. it's like finding a needle in a haystack. even if your W/L is over 80% you still find crappy players.
maybe try different times. i get good people on at night.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
True I've played against styles like that most tried with link or tink even though it is annoying it helped me learn how to handle that style of play

congratsby?

If you don't know who that is nvm lol

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
nice, i just assumed you were from the US like everyone else with an english name who was good.

you never really get out of it. it's like finding a needle in a haystack. even if your W/L is over 80% you still find crappy players.
Amusingly I found a roll spammer and a Lucario that did nothing at all.

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
I versed a really good fox and sonic player on the 3ds! His name was simply "kevin". We had a rival battle where I was falco and you were fox. Those were some close and intense matches. You later switched to sonic and I was using R.O.B. You were a complete monster with sonic...I'm surprised I stood a chance. You definitely had more skill than I though.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

It took me like a month to find @Metalbro after my last good player. For comparison, it took me 2 and a half days to get me a Landorus with perfect 5 IVs

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Javi, the Shulk player. . . GG's. Don't know if you'll see this, or if anyone here is in contact with you, but I'd be down to spar again sometime. Keep training, yo!

PCHU

Smash Lord

I've been alright; I still hop on DBDI every now and then, and my Falco's vastly improved in PM and Melee.
I ended up winning both local Smash 4 release tournaments (1st was a Brawl tournament, second was a Melee) and I got Smash 4 on 3DS for free, though I don't own a 3DS (I'm borrowing my friend's and we kinda just pass it back and forth).
I don't really plan on buying it for myself until I feel I can truly appreciate it and enjoy it; I spend quite a bit of time playing and doing pretty well, but I usually don't enjoy myself because I'm too busy criticizing the game, comparing it to past iterations.
I really am trying to find something to like in it, though; it worked wonders with Brawl (even if many don't seem to see it).

How about you?
Found anyone fun to fight online?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Generic, GG's man. My 3DS name was ChristianM, and I absolutely adored your Doctor Mario. I've never played for such an extended period of time, about 2 1/2 hours or so. Really fun the whole way through, and neck and neck throughout! If you don't remember, I was the Stripped Mario and you were the White Dr. Mario, I was also a Pink DeDeDe. Lots of fun man, if you get this, I'd love to spar again. Best of luck to ya!

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
To the guy who went by the tag "HIPSTER" (Name might be Justin? I can't remember) - I'm happy you changed your tag to "GOODGAME" whether you won or lost. You were a good sport.

But GOD you play the most defensive Zelda I have ever played. Your camping and perfect shields killed my vibe during that game and I never really got it back for the rest of the set.

Oak~

Smash Rookie
have you ever run into any japanese players? i find theyre amazing at technical skill its almost exclusively zss's woking at true combos but i also noticed 90% of the ones i beat drop out instantly afterwards. if youre looking for near flawless play its definitely goind down in the land of the sun but i feel like win\loss ratio is way too important to the japanese players ive seen. personally if someone can beat me i stick with that player till ive learned them in and out

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
They are have horrible sportsmanship imo..

ggs to TeLite

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
so much salt being thrown around about projectiles.

like, even if they do really stupid stuff on landing and you fire a projectile at point blank, they still complain.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I see heavy projectile use in the same light as repeated melee attacks, Sheik'w ftilt for example. Very different kinds of bread and butter, but still bread and butter.

I salted this Pac Man real bad, I feel mean. I stole his fruit as he was trying to camp and spammed needles and nades as Sheik all the way to sudden death where I lost lol. I got salty as they felt the need to be my character and their color just to bedt me with them. I sded twice using someone else so after that I was annoying lol.

link2702

Smash Champion
so much salt being thrown around about projectiles.

like, even if they do really stupid stuff on landing and you fire a projectile at point blank, they still complain.
i take it you've been reading Miiverse?

Robiin

Smash Cadet
I met a yellow/black Mega Man player called PAIRODUCKS, who absolutely wrecked anything I threw at him for 25 matches straight. At the end I was selecting random cause I just felt lost. I think I won twice, or once, with Captain Falcon and Pikachu or Fox. Great edgeplay, and really good at reading my habits. Anyone from here?

EDIT: Should mention, my tag is Robin.

Last edited:

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
[3DS] Thanks Thalia B. for those hilarious Pikachu dittos last night, most fun I've had on FG in a while! xD
GGs to DeltaHD, I meant to stay, but left out of habit of always doing BO3. Your Fox and Palutena were pretty good, keep practicing!

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
have you ever run into any japanese players? i find theyre amazing at technical skill its almost exclusively zss's woking at true combos but i also noticed 90% of the ones i beat drop out instantly afterwards. if youre looking for near flawless play its definitely goind down in the land of the sun but i feel like win\loss ratio is way too important to the japanese players ive seen. personally if someone can beat me i stick with that player till ive learned them in and out
I have yet to run into a Japanese player who is beyond decent. I mean if they don't leave immediately after joining I have yet to really lose to one.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
3DS - Someone here a ZSS/Ganon/(other characters I don't remember) named Aqua? Really outdid my Ness and my other main (plz don't say cause I'd like to keep that secret to some others lol and I'm testing him), and had some hilarious matches with you.

There was also this guy name bobe who had a solid Fox (I love Fox MU xD) and then when you went Sheik you did the most amazing tech from my PKT2.

I also did 2v2s with this guy named Yogurt and we used a variety of characters. My god those were hilarious as hell.

If any of you read this, I'm mainly a Fuel Ness (white and orange shirt) named Timmy. :D

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
congratsby?

If you don't know who that is nvm lol
Yeah i dont lol

I've been alright; I still hop on DBDI every now and then, and my Falco's vastly improved in PM and Melee.
I ended up winning both local Smash 4 release tournaments (1st was a Brawl tournament, second was a Melee) and I got Smash 4 on 3DS for free, though I don't own a 3DS (I'm borrowing my friend's and we kinda just pass it back and forth).
I don't really plan on buying it for myself until I feel I can truly appreciate it and enjoy it; I spend quite a bit of time playing and doing pretty well, but I usually don't enjoy myself because I'm too busy criticizing the game, comparing it to past iterations.
I really am trying to find something to like in it, though; it worked wonders with Brawl (even if many don't seem to see it).

How about you?
Found anyone fun to fight online?
Gratz on the tourney wins ive been good tho i dont play pm much nowadays but i watch tourneys to see how people have improved i find a few good players online but i just play on 3ds since i dont plan on going to tourneys (work sucks) if you got vids on youtube ill check em out

Yeah only a few **** i have played actually stay more than one match they usually went yoshi i will admit they have great tech skill but US players give me more comp

Edit: cant say j a p s? Stupid stars

Last edited:

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
Two to give today on 3DS.

First is UptownKev from Louisiana. A good and above all smart Little Mac player. We had some good mirrors!

Second is Anthony, Shulk player. Out first match you Backslashed offstage early and quickly SDed after that. In our third round there was a disconnect after I took a stock as Shulk myself. I really hope it wasn't a rage quit, because you are a good player with a very solid ground game with the character. The first Shulk I've seen that I'd like to see incorporate nA more, and you whipped my Villager good in round 2.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
To whoever B-doh is (from Illinois) stop changing your tag to "I cant" because you're struggling. I know damn well we've all been there at one point or another but the only way to improve and get better is to learn from every match.

You gotta stop beating yourself up man! You are definitely a good player no doubt. Against bowser, play like he's at a low percent the whole time as I can almost see the exclamation marks off of pit's head when he's about to do a side B. The neutral game is where it's at.

GG's brah! I hope you see this so we can play some more

Last edited:

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
@ Cho Cho , I believe I pIayed you and if so very GGs, nicest player I've met by far I am the dorf eho flame choke you as your bike hit you lol..
I'm afraid that wasn't me - never played Wario- also i do not own a Wii U - sorry

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
GGs to someone named J-Dog? (i forgot if it's dog or not). Anyways, he left after he won with RosieLuma against my Peach. Lucky for me, that I at least killed him once while he's using Rosie. I still don't know how to deal with RosieLuma using Peach. He's other characters are great, but RosieLuma is the one that stood out for me the most.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
3DS Version:

GGs to Paccy from New Jersey! Good Robin and Pac-Man! I don't fight those characters often (especially Robin), so it was good practice. I think most of my kills on you as Robin came from gimps, so that's not bad at all. I had the tag Atoyont and used Ludwig.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Er, question, for the 3DS version, how can you know where the person is from? Is there something for you to tap on so you can access their "profile"? o.o

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
Er, question, for the 3DS version, how can you know where the person is from? Is there something for you to tap on so you can access their "profile"? o.o
Yes. On the results screen you can click their name to see their full name, general location (country/state), and mii head. You can also report/block them from there too.

Good games go out to Anthony from Florida, though I do not know if he found them as good. You were a far better player than I, I just don't know what I can do vs. stuff like that. I beat you Villager vs. Charizard and then you proceeded to take the next 15-20.

Top Bottom