• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
3DS - Someone here a Toon Link and ROB main named jroc? Very solid characters, and hell I still have to learn those MUs. Especially Toon Link who I dread because the MU is so boring for me and I can barely approach. (Then again I guess that's how I am against most campy characters anyway)

I am a Fuel Ness (white and orange shirt) named Timmy. :)
That match I won against your Toon Link though... Charging the F-Smash wasn't even intentional. xD

For some reason my loading screen got stuck for like at least 3 mins so I had to power off. :/

Last edited:

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Wow.... Okay I fought a guy in 3ds who goes by Carlos from Puerto Rico and used Sheik, Sonic, Mario, and Fox. We were tied. He won two times I won two times, but then when we were anout to start the fifth battle my 3ds just stayed at the loading screen... Carlos if you're in boards please fight me again. That was a really fun fight. I was the one who used Black Peach. I picked a different character on our fifth battle, but then it just stayed on the loading screen. GGs man... GGs:bluejump:

Last edited:

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
Guys, I'm letting you know right now, there's this player who uses Zero Suit Samus by the name "human". Not sure if he'll change his name or not, but he literally does nothing but DownB, SideB, NeutralB, and FSmash or UpB for KOs.

This guy was the most frustrating battle I've had online ever.

I ended up being super salty. ._.

I never came across somebody so frustrating to fight.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs @ Vermanubis Vermanubis if that was really you. Your Ganon is beastly and I will now have nightmares about wizard kick for the rest of my life. I was [SB]Metal the Red Falcon/DK player.

Hopefully I put up a better challenge than what you would normally find online. :grin:

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
GGs @ Vermanubis Vermanubis if that was really you. Your Ganon is beastly and I will now have nightmares about wizard kick for the rest of my life. I was [SB]Metal the Red Falcon/DK player.

Hopefully I put up a better challenge than what you would normally find online. :grin:
That was me alright!

And yes, you outperformed most FGers by far! You're smart with DK (and Falcon, too). Those were some really fantastic games, dude. :colorful:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Shoutouts to Rapid, who had stars around his name, who tried to justify his losses with tags saying "SAD" "NOAPPROACH" "URUNAWAY"

Avoid this person, because he will accuse you of camping with any character....

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Hey, good to see you! Thanks. v u v
Those were some good matches man. You were on point with Kirby and Shulk. c: That Doc and DDD also surprised me.
Thanks. Man your Marth is the best I've seen so far in FG.
Everyone else I've faced just spams F-air and gets killed pretty easy.
Your Mac was great too. I don't think I took a single stock against him.
The DDD and pink Kirby were my brother. He likes to jump on every now and then.

Gator

Smash Cadet
Lol nvm then. Only used females, but I do use black peach. Hey, maybe we'll see each other on FG. I just saw your post and thought maybe you were the duck hunt (assuming bc you have a profile pic of the duo) that I fought. You saying black peach caught my attention somehow.
well I fought so many people on FG that at this point im starting to forget who played who and whose name was what. But, if the DH you fought was using the Dalmatian coloring with the name tag " TIFFANY " or " LORDE " then it was me!

Leety

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leety01
3DS FC
1993-8239-5899
Ran into an amazing player on For Glory. He went by the name Jackson. I was playing as Rosey, and I went by the same name Leety.

You're Donkey Kong was solid even if you sort of had a hiccup the first match (we all get those) but the second match was close.

But your Shiek was beyond anything I've played in For Glory. It was so much fun to fight and so good. Please! If you're on here, wanna play you again!

Update: Your Network ID is William20 so you know exactly who you are if you're reading this. Let's play again sometime :3

Last edited:

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
well I fought so many people on FG that at this point im starting to forget who played who and whose name was what. But, if the DH you fought was using the Dalmatian coloring with the name tag " TIFFANY " or " LORDE " then it was me!
TIFFANY!!! Yah that name rings a bell for me though. I'm not sure if I fought a DH though, but the name still rings a bell.

Gator

Smash Cadet
TIFFANY!!! Yah that name rings a bell for me though. I'm not sure if I fought a DH though, but the name still rings a bell.
i also play Pikachu and sometimes ness, greninja or pit/dark pit under that name too, so if you didn't fight me when I played DH then it had to be one of those.

link2702

Smash Champion
found a black peach named junior who rage quit the last match when I falcon punched her for the kill.
Found a charizard named ROFLCOPTER who got cocky when he took my first stock early and tried to teabag, only for me to ROFLstomp him in the end of the match, he Ragequit so salty that match :troll:

Of course sadly I ran into an annoying villager who knew wht he was doing, and lost both my matches against him, tried to go for a 3rd with another character but the punk left after the second one, so karma's a ***** I guess :sadsheep:

Ah well can't win em all. The other two sets at least made up for it.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
a jigglypuff named Havoc
Ran into this guy last night. He used quite a few different characters, including Peach, Captain Falcon, Rosalina and, of course, Jigglypuff. We went about even, though I wasn't using my main mains and I had several dumb SDs with Ludwig. Dude was pretty fun, though; he was never too uptight to taunt. I mean it's not necessary to taunt after every stock IMO but just standing there makes you seem overly focused on winning.

Anyway...

Also encountered another good player with the tag :-) who used ZSS and Fox. Both were really solid; I probably should have switched characters more but mainly stuck with ROB. I beat his ZSS more often than not, though he won a few matches as well, and I only won one against his Fox as ROB. I switched to Game & Watch for the last few matches and after losing one as him, I won two more against ZSS and one against Fox. Good player but not sure why there was always such a delay between matches.

Both were on the 3DS version. My tag was Atoyont.

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
found a black peach named junior who rage quit the last match when I falcon punched her for the kill.
Found a charizard named ROFLCOPTER who got cocky when he took my first stock early and tried to teabag, only for me to ROFLstomp him in the end of the match, he Ragequit so salty that match :troll:

Of course sadly I ran into an annoying villager who knew wht he was doing, and lost both my matches against him, tried to go for a 3rd with another character but the punk left after the second one, so karma's a ***** I guess :sadsheep:

Ah well can't win em all. The other two sets at least made up for it.

Met the same charizard player who left after wining the third match.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
To @Tony on the Wii U

GREAT GAMES MAN, especially that pit. You probably know who this is already but just thought I would post this to to if you are on smashboards (would be highly surprised if you aren't)

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to Snorlax who used default/patriotic Mario! Those fireballs really caught me off-guard, but I managed to catch on during the last couple matches.
Good games to Blitz-T who used Greninja, Kirby, Villager, and a bunch of other characters! I was the Marth, Robin, ZSS and Dark Pit with the tag "Matsu".
And it was a real damn coincidence that I found this person again! We already had each other as friends but the fact that we crossed paths again in FG was pretty hilarious. Small world, eh? Good games once again.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Gaahhhh, I'm upset lol. Had several games with a really good sonic on the 3DS named Wakko i think. Shame we disconnected. Hopefully I won't perform so sloppily if we play again.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
On smash 3DS, I fought someone by the name of xenthro... (name was cut off). He had an amazing link and our Pit vs Link matches were so close. Also, (this was a long time ago) I fought this Jigglypuff named Rylet with my Sonic. Man, those were fun, too.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
[3DS] I just fought some decent people I might note.

@Lycan98: Your white robin has potential, I was the blue Falco you faced on FD.

@Meowmix your patriotic Mario is really quick and caught me by surprise at first, we had a close match that was fun until you left after one match so GG. I was the White Marth on Brinstar.

@Ganondo.... Idk the rest of your user since it was cut off. Try not to resort to projectile abuse with your Purple Armor Samus, as you seen me punish you for it by reflecting it back at you with Falco. I left after that match. I was the Blue Falco you fought on Flat Zone 2.

@Dark(star)Ki... I'm guessing Kid or King for the ending of your user, anyway you have some great characters, Your grey Lucario, Light Blue capt. Falcon and Red/white megaman are all great.

GGs to all of you I was Wesker08, I used Blue Falco, White Marth, Black Bowser, and Default Ike.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Played a Greninja/Shulk named teefive on 3DS 1v1. They were good enough to help me get rid of some bad habits I've been picking up from too much novice-stomping online.

If you're out there, thanks. I was the guy with the bad Bowser in the first match. (I don't play Bowser. I was just trolling for bad players a bit.) Then I went Mega Man and Ness. Good games!

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Played a LM, Link, Shulk whose NNID went by "alisonninio", nickname : losoer. You were incredibly good, read my attacks really well and punished my mistakes incredibly well. I haven't met someone who rekt me like that in awhile. Would love to fight you again. I was the ZSS, Shulk, and Ike whose nickname was "Ultima".

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
On 3DS, GGs to a kris....something. I don't remember your name but I know it began with a K. Your :4sonic: was incredibly annoying. Those games were tough.

Also GGs to a Sonny from NY. We played a bunch of characters but it seemed your mains two were :4robinm:and:4shulk:. All the matches we played were fun.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
Had some good games with montee from Cali
your dair to footstool with doc caught me off guard that first game
as for the diddy luigi matches we went back and fourth
but that one game where you cameback was crazy
ggs

WaluigiWeegeeSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
NewerLuigi
3DS FC
1934-0873-4422
Fought this guy, NNID ViewtifulDan, and I wouldn't say he destroyed me, but he made me work and I still lost a lot to him.He used the tag EV and clearly was very salty since he kept swapping to "Ursogood" and "NiceTaunt!" Even though I rarely taunt at the beginning of a match. GGs though.

Stevenac2001

Smash Rookie
Chimera, one of the best sheiks i've ever foughten. ggs man and sry I taunted, my name on glory is: steven

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
You guys didn't happen to know of a guy named [SB] Metal on the 3ds right? he has an amazing DK and I really need to face him again.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
You guys didn't happen to know of a guy named [SB] Metal on the 3ds right? he has an amazing DK and I really need to face him again.
GGs man. I swear when I fought your ZSS, I thought that was hard, but when you pulled out that Villager. I died inside a bit. I feel like none of my characters have a positive matchup against him. You thrashed me good there.

Last edited:

RaijinWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
FierceBlaze
3DS FC
5129-1192-2635
Just had a few lucina v lucina against someone named "Faux" on 3ds, matches were good and I'm looking for a lucina for me to train mine against.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
[3DS] I just fought some decent people I might note.

@Lycan98: Your white robin has potential, I was the blue Falco you faced on FD.

@Meowmix your patriotic Mario is really quick and caught me by surprise at first, we had a close match that was fun until you left after one match so GG. I was the White Marth on Brinstar.

@Ganondo.... Idk the rest of your user since it was cut off. Try not to resort to projectile abuse with your Purple Armor Samus, as you seen me punish you for it by reflecting it back at you with Falco. I left after that match. I was the Blue Falco you fought on Flat Zone 2.

@Dark(star)Ki... I'm guessing Kid or King for the ending of your user, anyway you have some great characters, Your grey Lucario, Light Blue capt. Falcon and Red/white megaman are all great.

GGs to all of you I was Wesker08, I used Blue Falco, White Marth, Black Bowser, and Default Ike.
Meowmix one might be at kitty corp meowmix.. You know.. Where they do hacks.

Matsushi

True Blood
Found @ IsmaR IsmaR on FG team battle just now! I was that derpy black Marth with the tag "Matsu" who loved to SD and shield break a lot. You had a nice bunch of characters.

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I fought a pink female villager named Ember on the 3DS.

I have mixed feelings, between wanting to applaud his/her obvious control and mastery of the character, and wanting to strangle him/her out of how annoying and cheap feeling his/her strategy feels.

Made me pseudo-rage by the end of the few matches we played, and that does not happen often.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Found @ IsmaR IsmaR on FG team battle just now! I was that derpy black Marth with the tag "Matsu" who loved to SD and shield break a lot. You had a nice bunch of characters.
All that aside, I preferred having you as a teammate than either of the other two.

And likewise for your Marth.

Top Bottom