• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Roge9

Smash Rookie
(3ds) gg's to whoever Adam is on here (if he is on here), first two matches were my lucina vs. your marth, then you switched to lucina. It was a really good connection overall. My name was Rrrrrrr.

Getting a side b instead of an up b with that analog stick makes me sad :(

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Whoever Darktoon is was a pretty rude player that bested in me in a mirror due to my tiredness. They were a pretty standard Tink and average Falcon; I think I salted him when I two stocked his Robin as that's when he mirrored.

Part of me wants to play him again if only to prove a point regarding my tiredness, yet part of me doesn't due to being salty and not wanting to interact with them again.

Khanjali

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4441-8711-2170
(On 3DS) Good games to a Zach from...somewhere (Sorry, forgot to check).
Out of all 3400+ FG matches I've played, I have never gotten such great Rest kills (and I only play Jigglypuff every once in a while). I apologize if that upset you in any way, but they were glorious.

Also, to a Kevlar I fought like a month ago: You sir, are awesome. Probably the best Robin I've played against period (Most others are relatively spammy/campy)

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Now... I'm not one to brag about what I've done to people online but this one player from Mexico who used Ness and Puff probably wants to break my bones. Our first match I went Falcon and I SD'ed really early by going too far off the stage to gimp his recovery. He taunted. I come back and slowly rack up some damage until he went off stage again. Then I had a flashback of that taunt he did and that triggered me to Falcon Punch him as he returned. I taunted back. I could tell he got pretty salty from that because he became much more aggressive and approached unsafely. Got him off stage again and by some miracle from above a lag spike occurs right as he was recovering with PK Thunder. He went the other way. I lol'd so hard.

Second match I decided to go Donkey Kong to ruin his day even further. After seeing him go Jiggs I decided that there must be one thing I HAVE to do, and that's to break his shield. Boom took one of his stocks with a bair. Easy enough.

Second stock? He comes back from the revival platform with a pound. I block it. He lands with some lag and bam, broke his shield with my headbutt.

He'll think twice about taunting again.

Last edited:

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
I met someone named WarBear on FG. We had some pretty close matches and it was really fun. His Fox was really fun to fight. (If you're on here WarBear you should add me lol)

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Meowmix one might be at kitty corp meowmix.. You know.. Where they do hacks.
The users name that I played was meowmix, no capital M's when I did the @ form.

Anyway on a different note I just fought two people not long ago, GGs to these two people on 3DS

to a Green Sheik player named Nomad. Your pretty tough, too bad you left after the first match, I wanted to show you all my characters.

To a Purple Mario/ Pikachu/ Bowser Jr. player named KingMario, I enjoyed those matches, I hope to find you again soon.

My Tag was Wesker08, I was the Blue falco, White Marth, Black Bowser and default Ike

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Played against a really good Mario named Carlos. Also had a good mega man, duck hunt, and pacman

I was mostly mega man with a few Falcons and dks

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I fought a guy named VENGEANCE and I gotta say he was one of the most annoying f'ers on For Glory, I won both matches but still, god just a waste of time fighting you.

Humanity

Smash Cadet
Met a Falcon named MAGS on WiiU For Glory mode earlier today. As a falcon main I barely won our falcon ditto, but he firmly trounced my secondaries and saw me make some honestly pretty embarrassing mistakes. He had a pretty interesting falcon style, though, and I'd love to play him again given the chance.

I was going by the tag "AychPii" at the time.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@ EdreesesPieces EdreesesPieces , I'm going to assume I played you just now, at the very least I played a guy with the tag "Edrees" on 3DS For Glory. You started with Ness and I used Palutena (who I am not especially good with yet) then I switched to G&W and you used Diddy. We played two matches of that then you left. GGs! I was kind of hoping you'd go Peach but hey, I don't actually fight many Diddys either.

Should specify, my tag was Atoyont.

Last edited:

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Anybody named wr5ify here? Good games until that unfortunate disconnect of yours. I liked the Ganondorf and Olimar, and from the little I saw of him, your Duck Hunt was good, too. I was that one guy who started with Rosalina, then switched to Bowser, then finally Charizard.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Just had an awesome bout against an awesome mario (the best I've fought by far). Sadly he ran with his win and I couldn't finish the set. If your reading this, it was fun but I want a rematch sooo bad.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
[3DS]

To a Jigglypuff player named Mike from Cali...damn. I got trounced pretty badly on my first real experience with high level jiggs. Think the set got closer as the set went on but those rest setups got me. It also really made me mad that Ike's FSmash has just enough of a hurtbox that when half the blade is coming down I get put to sleep. Ah well, good games.

And to a Palutena named Austin. Your Palutena wasn't bad but calm down with the rolling. With all those throws you got me with you could of done some more then just fair after. You got super defensive and predictable which lead me to the win. Good game and try to be more free form.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Has anyone else encountered a player named Smashley? By far the most defensive Marth I've ever seen. This person makes the character look really good competitively.

UPDATE: Found a very formidable Zelda earlier today. The player goes by the name "Dark Zelda" and her tag is "Garda". She really knows how to utilize Farore's Wind, aerials, and grabs.

^-^

Last edited:

Khanjali

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4441-8711-2170
To a Jomba from Norway:
Amazing Alph. I know the match-up quite well since I play Olimar as well, but you know the character inside and out. I wish our match had not ended with a Sudden Death ( I never count those as actual wins).
Also, that's the...fifth(?) Olimar/Alph I've played against in FG, and none of the others have been nearly as good as you.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Anybody play 3ds fg still? If so I am MOM
I don't taunt or crouch unless I see them do it.

D

Deleted member

[Wii U]
Good games to a person named "Pancakes" with the tag "PopPop." I was the Luigi and Shulk you fought before with the name "Xeno B610" and the tag "B610."
Your Ike is incredible and it kept me on my toes for all of our battles. The battles actually helped me start to think of new strategies for my mains and how to properly use pivoting and fakes. I wanted to stay a bit longer, but I grew a bit drowsy and started to play very poorly near the end of our matches. I also wish that I had the opportunity to friend you because I would love to fight you again.
Anyways, great games. Really great games. I had fun!

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Ran into a Pacman with the tag "Taco" today. He played Pac in a way I couldn't autopilot with the the Dawg, and I thank you for giving me work on a random FG run. Wish we could a played more though.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Just played a nice 3DS :4samus: by Ut Odd, though the t was some weird character I don't know how to type. Really liked your play-style. It's the type of Samus I actually want to use but I don't find I'm very good at it, so I really like that you we're giving my :4shulk: a hard time with it.

Maginot

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-8431-1413
I fought a Pac-Man player named THE BEST. You left after 1 match, and if you're here, I gotta play you again!

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Great games to a Ness that goes by Suave(3DS). I'm always impressed when I see someone pk2 into the wall to help recovery, and you used other minor techs like canceling your double jump with pk fire.

@SuaveChaser

@suavepie

@SuavePuppy

@Suavis

???

Also really ggs to a Lucario, Infinity. Just left as I'm way too tired to fight someone as good as you, I sded like crazy at the end lol.

I'm MOM

Last edited:

ColdPhazon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColdPhazon
3DS FC
0018-0926-0904
Geez Sally your :4megaman: was so spammy and bad and on top of it your bad lag. You kept stalling as well and waited for me to make a move until sudden death and then leave lol...not a good :4megaman: player at all

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
GGs to Meezie on 3DS last night/this morning. Very fun fighting your :4kirby:and:4fox:. Though I think now I'm convinced Shulk's match up vs Fox isn't winnable.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
@ EdreesesPieces EdreesesPieces , I'm going to assume I played you just now, at the very least I played a guy with the tag "Edrees" on 3DS For Glory. You started with Ness and I used Palutena (who I am not especially good with yet) then I switched to G&W and you used Diddy. We played two matches of that then you left. GGs! I was kind of hoping you'd go Peach but hey, I don't actually fight many Diddys either.

Should specify, my tag was Atoyont.
Hey man! That was actually my brother playing on my 3ds. He says GGS. Lol. I use yoshi and Peach (:

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
To @Toonation (WiiU), I really enjoyed the yoshi dittos especially the fact that we chose the same color twice lol. I know some people play the best out of three but those matches were so fun I would not have minded to play a few more since yoshi is relatively rare on FG, much less good ones.

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Could the "COBBS" that I ran into earlier today really be the user that goes by the name @ Conda Conda on this site? Very strong. Definitely not your typical FG player. I believe I fought your characters: G&W, Pac-Man, and WFT (male), in that order.

^-^

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
GGs to a Purple Ganondorf/ Pink Little Mac/ Tan Shulk User named Anthony, I was Wesker08, I used Black Bowser, Blue Falco, White Marth, and Default Ike. I Hope I finally found someone from here.....

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Ah I love this thread! It's awesome to see all the people who play haha ^.^

Let me start of by saying whoever the Andrew is that I played on for glory you are AMAZING! We got paired up over wifi more than once, around 3 times ^.^ You played as a lot of people (mainly ness) and I played as Jigglypuff with the flower! Seriously should get into tournaments! Had a lot of fun winning and losing against you!

And. . . "Devin" YOU ARE TERRIBLE! I never get to upset playing against someone, but you are one cocky player. You are GREAT, don't get me wrong. . . But your attitude is repulsive. One of the best captain Falcon players I ever faced though ^^ Look into tournaments!

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Gg's to @ BSME/misc BSME/misc

You completely trashed my Robin and Ganondorf, and read my rolls and spot-dodges like a 3rd grade-level book. Impressive stuff. I thought about looking into local tournaments, but after that wakeup call, maybe not right this second.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
GGs @logan. Great Captain Falcon... Eheh.. You know. You roll too much right? Anyways I wish you battled me one more time so I can really show you what I can do. Lol. I was Leoness using Black Peach. If you battle me again.. It'll be your worst nightmare...JK. I really wanna battle you, because you're the best CF I've seen so far in FG

Last edited:

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Gg's to @ BSME/misc BSME/misc

You completely trashed my Robin and Ganondorf, and read my rolls and spot-dodges like a 3rd grade-level book. Impressive stuff. I thought about looking into local tournaments, but after that wakeup call, maybe not right this second.
@ BeatNinja BeatNinja GGS! You are a very patient player that doesn't over commit to unsafe moves. Most people are predominantly either spot dodgers or rollers so make sure to mix up your evasive options to make you harder to catch off guard. I really enjoyed those games and look forward to more in the future

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ran into a guy called Tim using Robin/Marth/Lucina.

Thanks for the great matches. Definitely the best I've had in quite a while in For Glory, not to mention I'd never fought against someone who knew what they were doing with the above characters (Shield Breaker FTW). Can tell that I need to work on timing as I messed up quite a few Metal Blades/F-tilts/B&F Airs.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Is there a girl here who goes by the name of "HelenMelon?" Failing that, does anyone's Miiverse nickname start with "HelenMe---?" This player had a very honourable playstyle and wholly deserves the victories their Kirby and Ganon landed on my G&W and Wii Fit Trainer, respectively. And I'm sorry about that last match she had against my Charizard. It really shouldn't have ended that way. Big props to her, she's the reason I don't write off 1-on-1 mode entirely.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS] There was a person who was called RoyalBl...(cut off). We had a ton of fun matches and I kinda feel bad for leaving since it was so much fun.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Could the "COBBS" that I ran into earlier today really be the user that goes by the name @ Conda Conda on this site? Very strong. Definitely not your typical FG player. I believe I fought your characters: G&W, Pac-Man, and WFT (male), in that order.

^-^
Yup! COBBS! to be exact. I don't main either of those characters - I prob play Pac Man the most of them (I'd aaalmost consider him one of my mains), and I picked up GW and WFT a couple days ago after seeing some tournament players use them (GimR for example). :)

And don't flatter me, I suck. My brain's ability to comprehend smart and risky play in battles turns off when I'm in control, and I play by nerves. I have moments in some days, less often then not, where I play intelligently like Neo in The Matrix, and actually read my opponents. My nerves are calm and I can play smart. But most days, I'm very average to mediocre.
:sadsheep:

I actually do decently with Random, because sometimes when I play a character too often against the same player, I fall into habitual predictable play and my brain sucks at breaking out of that. :p That stuff never happens when I commentate, which makes me love commentating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom