• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

The_SuperiorTaste

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperiorTaste
3DS FC
0834-2018-7252
I played against someone named Qeuw just a few minutes ago. Great sheik player, really hard to get around, I managed to take a couple games. He said I had an amazing Game and Watch, even though Game and Watch isn't my main XD

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
Thunder!!! If you can see this, friend me!! D: PLEASE BRUH!!

link2702

Smash Champion
faced a megaman earlier who could only be described as a nightmare. he went ganondorf originally the first few matches, but then went megaman and walked all over me name was Steven iirc looking through the list of people I played earlier.

dear god....he was like the only player I ever saw on for glory who could make megaman look good.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Has anyone ran into players who have "/u/" before their names? I've met quite a few of them lately and want to know if there's a site that they gather at. They tend to be a bit more skilled compared to random people on FG.

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Has anyone ran into players who have "/u/" before their names? I've met quite a few of them lately and want to know if there's a site that they gather at. They tend to be a bit more skilled compared to random people on FG.
Those guys are probably from /r/smashbros and /u/Name is their username for Reddit, and if you wanted to get it contact with them you could look up their name on Reddit.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I just had some interesting "Matches" against a Kirby player that went by "The Hmu" or something to that effect. I apologize for the lag, I had company over and there were multiple people streaming video and/or music at the same time but I wasn't actually thinking about it until the match started. Still had fun though, Ggs.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Whoever is named sides from georgia, your ROB is legit, period. I was the guy who used bowser and got bodied then switched to yoshi where we had two close games. If you are on here I want a rematch lol.

Last edited:

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
I would assume this guy named FLAWED who went Dedede last game against me (and a variety of other characters in the matches beforehand) is the same guy as @ Flawed Flawed . If so, good games! Not bad stuff. I was the guy who went a variety of characters then ended it with Bowser.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
3DS - Someone here named Madara and uses the default Fox? Gotta say, your Fox was pretty solid, lag was kind of iffy though. Great use of Jab Cancels (man being chain jabbed across the stage was lol).

I'm a Ness main in the White and Orange shirt (aka Fuel Ness) and my name is Timmy. Hope to find you, cause I love fighting Foxes! And hopefully in a better connection... xD

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
I still can't believe that with 3,500 FG 3DS 1-v-1 matches no one on here has played me. My profile had "Haloedhero" in it for a while, and now it's Doc-themed. Mii's name is Dan, and I mostly play red Mega Man, sometimes old school blue Ness, and recently I've been terrorizing less experienced FG players with Doc.

Just played a Ness from the midwest USA iirc (can't remember the name, but profile read "yep.") He got mad and left when I also switched to Ness after winning a few, but he shouldn't have! His Ness was pretty solid but was missing a few key parts of Ness's game. I just wanted to help!

If you're out there, just know I didn't mean any disrespect by switching to your character.

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Wii U, played a bunch of matches with a Polo147. Made the mistake of starting off with my spammy, flow-charty Sonic against his Mario, and had to switch to ROB for a couple of very close games. He switched off to several other characters like Meta Knight, Fox, and ZSS which I used my Dedede to face. I have to say, I really enjoyed those matches I used Dedede- the only reason I switched off was that I anticipated the switch back to Mario and well...I don't like playing Mario on FD as Dedede, let's just leave it at that. You really had me thinking about my movement and attacks, and I felt like I played the best I've ever played in this game tonight.

Your Mario is easily your strongest character and it was definitely a struggle to keep up. Just wanted to say props to you Polo. :D

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
FFFFFFFFFFfffffffffFFFuuuuuuUUUUUuuuu

GGs to a good Bowser/DDD who went by the tag "Atoyont" It sounded familiar. My battery died on the last game and I didn't even recognize it. We were practically even.

I was the Red Falcon/DK by the tag "[SB]Metal"

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Dude we need to play some more sometime. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to charge my 3DS. but feel free to take my FC.

Medik

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaptainMedic
3DS FC
1049-0269-7339
Has anyone ever played against a player named EyeD.uhhh on 3ds for glory? I'm not sure what his main was because he rekt me with each one he picked but we played together for about an hour and a half and had some really good matches.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
One more shout out before I head to bed. Just played a much of matches with a guy with the tag "Silly™" from Wisconsin. He won a lot of the early matches because I was using Palutena, who I'm still learning, but I won my fair share after I switched to my mains. He used a slew of characters but mostly American Mario (Zelda and Sheik saw a bit of rep, too). Also gotta congratulate his Wii Fit Trainer; excellent use of her moves (especially Header). I would have lost if I hadn't smacked her with a Sun Salutation-charged Oil Panic. :reverse:

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
@ Xadrin Xadrin those were good games, I wish I could've stayed longer. It always seems I have to leave whenever I find an good opponent. Probably wouldve won that last game with D3, if only you didn't live so long and use up all my time :(

I main D3, Secondary Luigi/Pikcahu. Everyone else is for fun.

I have never seen a good kirby and I was like O.O

Saved those matches for inspiration for friends who say kirby has no options etc. Looking forward to fighting you again!

Gator

Smash Cadet
OOOHHH!!!l I always play Black Peach so it might be me... That's ALWAYS my color. I go by Leoness.
hm, idk. your name doesnt ring a bell, but we could have fought each other. I did fight a really good black peach, I could swear their name tag was Shadow, though. but I may be mixing up peoples names. do you by any chance also play fox or ike? bc the peach player I fought did.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Just played teams for hours with someone named Pichi. GGs! We had some nice chemistry.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Heeey! Awesome, finally got matched with someone from here. Those really were some fun matches we had. I left after you did, haha. Ggs. ~
Haha that was you! I remember you from the Brawl Online Social thing.

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
Ran into a guy on For Glory who used SAGE as his tag, he used Lucario, I played him for what I think might have been two hours. Overall I lost like 30 matches and only took one win. Not sure if he is someone who is really good at the game or I'm just really bad.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to a Purple Shiek, Palutena, and Pit player who went by the tag "Mr. Moi". Our matches were really good and you have a very patient but punishing playstyle. I was the Red Falco/DK.

ColdPhazon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColdPhazon
3DS FC
0018-0926-0904
Fought a :4bowser: named Brett. He beat me twice I believe while I beat him 4 or 5 times and he calls me a c*unt LOL. Stay made u salty scrub c: guess he couldn't stand being beat by a girl LOL

Last edited:

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
hm, idk. your name doesnt ring a bell, but we could have fought each other. I did fight a really good black peach, I could swear their name tag was Shadow, though. but I may be mixing up peoples names. do you by any chance also play fox or ike? bc the peach player I fought did.
Lol nvm then. Only used females, but I do use black peach. Hey, maybe we'll see each other on FG. I just saw your post and thought maybe you were the duck hunt (assuming bc you have a profile pic of the duo) that I fought. You saying black peach caught my attention somehow.

Fought a :4bowser: named Brett. He beat me twice I believe while I beat him 4 or 5 times and he calls me a c*unt LOL. Stay made u salty scrub c: guess he couldn't stand being beat by a girl LOL
Lol got beaten by a girl. I praise you for beating him and making him call you a c*nt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drakogy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Drakogy
shotout to @ Drakogy Drakogy good games against your MetaKnight and Fox, you beat me up pretty bad hehe ( I was the Megaman with Tag BLOOD).

You are the first smasher that I find on For Glory that was using advanced techs (I mostly find average players or spammers).

You made it seem like your aerials didn't have any landing lag and juggled my Megaman.
I couldn't DI properly sometimes probably was input lag on my end, anyway you clearly were the better player.
Thanks for the shoutout! It was a blast. One thing I have been curious about is that, is it possible to use leaf shield to safe guard your landing against certain certain characters aerial moves? Also remember that Megaman can double jump after rush coil, use that to get some extra mileage out of his recovery.

Semystic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-0984-7173
Shoutouts to a really good shiek (dont remember the name) who beat my MegaMan in sudden death after time ran out just as I connected with a fatal U-Smash!

Top Bottom