• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

link2702

Smash Champion
just an FYI to anyone who might have faced a fairly laggy falcon on the 3DS during the middle of the day at all this week...

I'm using my work wifi when I connect on 3DS sometimes....(gotta do something on my breaks) so...forgive me.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U] Shoutout to a Wario player named dsoli in 1v1. I was the red biker Wario named Brandon (would have played a bit more but had to eat).

link2702

Smash Champion
forgot to say earlier but....also to a user named chuck on the 3DS.....

don't get cocky cuz you beat my samus on the 3DS. Round 2 tomorrow on the wii U:salt:

*sigh* i realize the guy will never see this.....

In_3D

Smash Rookie
3DS
Fought a really good DeDeDe/Metaknight player named Dolor. I was a Captain Falcon main that used the default color. GGs, we played for like an hour or two.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
3DS

Played against pattycakes? (saw it as pattyca...) who had a bit of a bolder Zelda imo. The fact that you actually went to grab me after I hit you with a soft hit fair (G&W) made me change my mind a bit about you. I know you're using an unpopular character, but I encourage you to keep trying. You showed some great perseverance by going through about 7 rounds to finally catch up about my patterns, weaknesses, etc. and actually win. Good work, keep going.

Switched to pika since you beat my G&W, so I figured you could learn some of him too. I really tried to help you learn these characters, but unfortunately I had to leave, so I waved goodbye via taunts and SDed. Maybe we can meet again.

Collin_

NNID
dansalvato
Just played the guy who uploaded that one video of Link's jab cancel death combo thing. @ Dan Salvato Dan Salvato
He left after one match with my ZSS. D:
LOL on For Glory? Sorry I left, I was streaming and just wanted one-offs against a bunch of different players to test the jab against different characters. I don't play on wi-fi often but feel free to hit me up.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Good games @ NoviceSmasher NoviceSmasher ! Have never met someone who is skilled at playing Charizard before so it was really interesting to see what the character is capable of and learn the matchup! =)

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to a guy named Brozard on the 3DS who used White Greninja, Luigi, DDD, Pit/Dark Pit, and Palutena.

Our matches went back and forth. Also you are the first person I've seen in FG that knows how to do the infinite ledge dash. Fun games. I had to leave that last match because the lag was unbearable.

I was [SB]Metal who used Red DK, Marth, Falcon and Link.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
Good games @ NoviceSmasher NoviceSmasher ! Have never met someone who is skilled at playing Charizard before so it was really interesting to see what the character is capable of and learn the matchup! =)
yea the zero to death flamethrower kills really tilt the matchup in charizards favor..lol

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
yea the zero to death flamethrower kills really tilt the matchup in charizards favor..lol
Yeah it's one of Bowser Jr's main weaknesses... If he gets hit by a weak knockback attack like the flamethrower out of his Up B offstage Bowser Jr can't get the Clownkart back and there goes the stock :p

Last edited:

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
[3DS] For some reason I played someone named Kohak[SB] and yet didn't get the sense to try to find him on Smashboards. @ Kohak Kohak you probably don't remember me, but you were the first player to play me on FG all the way back in November. I was Jonathan and I used Ness, Kirby, Toon Link, and Ganondorf.
It worked! I wasnt getting any people here with that tag so i recently changed it back to my real name. Maybe I'll switch back now. GGs man, I'm sure we had some fun matches

Gabriel - Jthor

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-6298-8464
[3DS]Just played Aleksander from Italy, great matches. It's a pity that FG's input lag affected our matches a little, so there were some times when both of us got killed by it.

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
It worked! I wasnt getting any people here with that tag so i recently changed it back to my real name. Maybe I'll switch back now. GGs man, I'm sure we had some fun matches
I actually managed to salvage one replay via my tablet's video camera, but I don't have YouTube, so I can't show you it. If you don't mind I would like to play a few matches some other time. You're a good player!

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
I actually managed to salvage one replay via my tablet's video camera, but I don't have YouTube, so I can't show you it. If you don't mind I would like to play a few matches some other time. You're a good player!
For sure man. Lemme know when you're free. my FCs in my sig. Did I stay Villager for all the matches?

edit: or you could email it to me if thats ok?

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
For sure man. Lemme know when you're free. my FCs in my sig. Did I stay Villager for all the matches?

edit: or you could email it to me if thats ok?
I can't see your sig, but I'll PM you when I'm free. And I don't belive ou were just Villager, but I can't remember who else.

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to "sam" on the Wii U who used Marth, Falco and Charizard! Your Falco especially gave me lots of trouble. You had perfect control over his jab, lasers and reflector, something I haven't seen on FG yet, so nice work. ^^ I was the Marth, Robin, Ike and Zelda with the tag "Matsu."

Last edited:

El_Mariachi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Marvinho
Played a pretty good Kirby player named Sepio on FG on the Wii U. I was the Pink Falcon with the tag "EL". I've never actually met a Kirby that didn't spam down b. You were awesome. :chuckle:

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Shout out to my teammate ROBE in for fun teams.
Also did some 1v1s with a guy named Tyler using Duck Hunt, a Japanese guy using everybody, a salty Diddy named Dorge or something, and a guy named XHALOs using Peach and Mega Man.

GGs to BananaM on 3DS a while ago. You have a noice Falcon and Ganon!

Also to Starrk, we played Rosalina dittos yesterday. My tag is Plino and I was playin green. The matches were pretty stressful but in a good way.

Last edited:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
To the two players I ran into back to back on Wii U, awesome games.You were both wonderful players.

BREWBACCA, who is the most competent Link I've played on FG to date. Switched seemlessly from zoning to offense and both were great. That jab to grab is.... formidable. Oh, and sorry for the salt. ^ ^' I see a taunt and I'm like, "YOU WILL BURN FOR THIS" and go crazy with taunts. But you were being very sportsman-like with the 'GG' tag. I was ready to head off until you finally beat my Shulk and then my salty side wanted a rematch, but that was a good note to end on. That was a decisive win and you earned it.

Then there was Adoin, the only other Marth I've really come across. Absolutely great. Marth's one of my better characters but I didn't even want to pull him out because you'd put him to shame. Your spacing and setups are fearsome. Those tippers were calculated. Our back and forth was loads of fun.

Matieo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Matieo
Today I decided to delve properly (recklessly, as it turned out) into FG for the first time. I used the tag 'Matieo' though it might have said my name was 'Matt'. Anyway, shout outs to xTRASHxBOATx, Benefactor20, OrdainedPriest44, RE-Piers, Dano2688, love1281, StarSafe, BHitter, SportyPrincess, Lil_Bob822, marfleglob, Jordanfam5, sanchezlopez2014, Cottier2, and GreyFox311. Most of you served me good. If any of you are on SB and reading this, thanks for the matches.

I think this thread is a great idea, by the way, given Nintendo Network doesn't have a message system in place for players met. I guess that can be problematic, too, with salt and all. But yeah, definitely looking forward to using this thread more often from now on.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'm surprised but I ran into E-Man on 3DS For Glory again, though last time his tag was Mr. E or I just remembered it wrong. Your Pit's still better than mine but I got to play with you with my main character Shulk this time :) Your bait and punish game is very good. I probably should have saved the replays so I could have learned and studied them.

BlackPhantom

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3823-9082-0822
There was this dude named Sax on 3ds FG and he was so good. I felt we were evenly matched, but I'm pretty sure he was better than me cause of all the characters he managed to used. My tag was Josh and I went Sanic all the matches.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I dunno if you're part of the forums, but yesterday I fought a very good Mario that had SHMAR as his tag. Your Mario was pretty good and our matches were all fun and intense, even if I only lost two of the dozen matches we did.

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
[3DS] I fought against a really good player who goes by Crash. He has a pretty good Zelda, Palutena, and Jigglypuff (iirc). I had to leave early because school, but man, those matches were fun. I never would've thought that the Kirby vs Jigglypuff matchup would be this fun to play for me, lol.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Played a fantastic player on 3DS with the tag Alex. Used gold Link, red Alph, and orange Kirby. First group of match's was me using Ike against your Link. I must admit, you're out of my league. I can't play at that level for long periods of time yet, but good games. It was probably the toughest set of fights I've ever had.

link2702

Smash Champion
faced a sonic player named @darius who rage quit the last match when my jiggly two stocked his sanic :troll:

had a few other interesting matches today as well, but its hard for me to remember who was who atm.....so to anyone else who faced keeta today ggs.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Played a yellow Ness, Big Rick. I think his tag was DRUDS. We played I don't know how many matches, but I enjoyed every single one of them. I was the blue Dedede. Got quite a few good replays from them, as well.

Oak~

Smash Rookie
Awesome games with NouNours from novia scotia on 3ds and awesome name haha your charizard is a beast you really know how to use his super armour and you connected every rock smash. we got disconnected after 3 matches lets play more! it forced me to rely on going deep in the edgegame i was the blue link you played charz, white samus and charizard again

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Nearly two hours ago, I played a Captain Falcon user called Mr. Gamer. GGs I played four matches then I had to leave due to cleaning reasons but I still had fun. Though I realize you may not read this, I'm hoping you're a member of these boards somewhere. My Tag was Wesker08, I Main Blue Falco. White Marth, Black Bowser, and Default Ike.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
GGs to a GTMarlin on 3DS. Your Mario was good. Would love to play you again sometime.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
LordGrump I believe? So far, you've been the best Falcon (Esp. of the Capt. Fabulous color) I've played on For Glory. I was trying out other characters for our first few battles but I couldn't resist fighting you as my main (Duck Hunt). It was a lot of fun. Hope you accept my friend request.

Nestea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Imthevp
3DS FC
0877-3300-7854
I played someone on 3DS, I can't remember their name for the life of me, but it was a Peach main with the black alt. costume, and I played Ness most of the time.

We played at least five rounds. We were evenly matched, and taunted after every good stock the other person took. I'm certain we would have kept going if I wasn't interrupted by something. I know chances are slim, but it'd be cool if I could find this person again

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Ohhhhh man, To my fellow :4link: player Shuzen on WiiU I give my highest regards.
Excellent matches sir and please keep playing Link, for he is well served by the likes of such solid players Super GGs and that D-air spike on the final stock was my parting gift to a warrior of great skill. Soldier on fellow:4link: and you will win glory.
If anyone knows a "risingpantera" on miiverse, tell him I expect great things in his smash future.

Top Bottom