• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

PurpleWeeaboo

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to hulex on the 3ds.

Diverse list of characters with each of them at their best performance.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Good job to Nathan on 3DS. You've pretty much adapted to all my running around type of nonsense in just a few rounds. Your basic skills were better than mine. Loved the intense little moments when we're both just shuffling around next to each other trying to figure out what to punish.

Damn good Marth, and solid on the others, including Fox, Meta Knight, Pit, and Shulk. It was fun getting to fight another one who also decently uses like 7 other characters. Wanted to face your Weegee, but I had to go. T'was a pleasure to fight you, wish I could again.

And yeah, you showed me your Meta Knight was better :p

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
shoutout to "Timmynator" on Wii U. He used a bunch of the A-S Tier characters (:4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4greninja:) but it was still pretty fun, 60:40 in my favor (played :4falco::4wario:) good stuff

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
GGs to "HAMMY" from California on 3DS. I don't get to do ZSS dittos too often, so that was really fun.

Last edited:

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
[3DS] Shoutouts to J0Y and Psynic for some really good games!
J0Y, you may want to use a different taunt if you're going to taunt after each kill, cause that one on Yoshi's really backfired! xD
Psynic, Thanks for those awesome and fun matches, learned alot about the Shulk, D3, and Ness matchups, I would love to fight you again.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
GGs to Kr4n3ly, who was using the tag SCUMBAG. I saw the GG tag and I would've replied with my own had I not already gotten to the waiting room for the next match.

Your Toon Link was kind of annoying to deal with, and both of the matches I won as my mains (Dedede and ROB) were more like flukes, considering the former I got an early spike and the later went to sudden death. Even though my Fox isn't particularly good, I felt he'd be the best answer to the way you were playing, and those matches we did as Fox vs Toon Link were pretty close every time. Even though they took a while, I had plenty of fun. Ditto for the Falcon vs Little Mac matches we did.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I am looking for a player named Gunta on the 3ds man everything he had was amazing! his Pacman his pikachu his sonic and his fox all of them pushed me to my limits and I am utterly proud to know I lost a few battles against him.
I'd wish he'd stop taunting in the beginning though.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Any Wii U players here with a Mii name of Conure and who uses the tag "KingConure"? He played a mean Dedede and eithery Villager is bad, I was just off my game, or his Dedede is just that good, because I lost both matches we played. I'd love to find him again to get a rematch against his Dedede and also to pick up some tips, since I'm looking to get good with the King myself.

Caltraps

Smash Rookie
NNID
ResidentBevo
3DS FC
2853-0415-8396
To Alpha on 3DS, you were totally destroying me, you played not only an incredible Megaman but a fantastic Sonic as well, my apologies for leaving, my 3DS was (and still is) about to die.

Last edited:

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
[Wii U] Shoutouts to Waddler-D (@ Waddler-D Waddler-D ?). I was [SB]Mike. I enjoyed our matches, especially :4drmario: vs :4mario: . I saw some techniques I could learn from your Mario. Your Falcon & Ganon were good as well, but unfortunately I didn't see enough of your DK to see his potential. Anyway, GGs.

Last edited:

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
[3DS]
GGs to a player by the name of Jimmy, (Profile said "CowDefensetrator" I believe) really fun games, your Marth was really good, I wanted to keep playing you, but unfortunately, I got an error that disconnected me. :/

And GGs to Jamison (Profile said "SANITIZED" I believe), played Ganon, Ike, and Marth like I've never seen before, thank you for absolutely destroying me for those 50+ games! Learned a lot more about those MUs that I didn't know.
I realized way too late that I was getting baited WAY too easily and really need to work on my patience.
I would really love to fight you again.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Someone here on 3DS with the name of Joker and Ganon/Mega Man main from Mexico? Very solid characters and you could tell I was frustrated lol. Great ability to tech as well! :D

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] To the Ness named Cody wearing the Mr. Saturn shirt going up against my Fusion Suit Samus, sorry I nearly timed out our match. I promise you, my Ness wouldn't have done that. Still, I think you were expecting me to play the same by feeding you more health and getting my missiles reflected. It was a close match. I wish you would have stayed another round with my Ness. Ah well.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I feel like I just want someone to remember one of my matches.

My profile name is 'sean'
My tag will always be TPAIN
I generally just play Duck Hunt. When I want to be less srs I play Bowser and Ganondorf a lot. I'll discover new characters with time.

Let me know if you see me.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
GGs to a player named stealth (possibly @ MatrixNexus MatrixNexus ?), I was the White Samus, you were Mario and Falco though your mario was better than your falco, had a lot of fun and felt like i improved a lot over the battles, so thanks for that

Also if u ever answer and see this, the times you stopped moving, was that anger or awe?

Last edited:

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
GGs to a player named stealth (possibly @ MatrixNexus MatrixNexus ?), I was the White Samus, you were Mario and Falco though your mario was better than your falco, had a lot of fun and felt like i improved a lot over the battles, so thanks for that

Also if u ever answer and see this, the times you stopped moving, was that anger or awe?

GGs. Your Samus was very solid and caught me off guard completely. I rarely meet any for that matter. I was being distracted by other things during the match. Sorry about that.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Great games to TelMarine on WiiU FG
You have a great :4samus:, and made some great reads in our matches. Thanks for making FG a better place, and I appreciate you noticing my attempt to communicate through my name tab. Hope to play again sometime ;)

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
I played a really good person who played Shulk, Pit, and ROB named Mestro_(Can't see the rest) and I was Clyde. Those were some awesome games and I got some of my best replays from those games. Thanks.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i just fought some guy name AGRY
You have a Decent DK but you had a really hard time closing out the matches. And use tilts more.
Had a Samus Ditto With Arkah GGs

Last edited:

Khanjali

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4441-8711-2170
Just finished 5 games against a Benzerade from California, who played Diddy Kong against my Duck Hunt, Samus, ZSS, Olimar, and WFT.
He won the last game and promptly left. One of the most generic Diddy Kongs' I've seen. Maybe do something different instead of the constant down grab to up airs.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Just played a player called Cathy who played Lucina, Little Mac and Shulk. Now, I usually don't say this about people who play Lucina or Little Mac, but those games we had were insanely fun (Even if I got whipped.). It was one of the few games I played online where I felt like I was being contested by a real, adapting human. Absoloute GGs to you, your pressure and edge games are pretty damn amazing. Kept making the mistake of letting my guard down. lol

I'd like to play again - I feel it a shame you left after my Roy beat your Shulk, I would have honestly like to have pitted my Roy against your pretty insane Lucina.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
long story short I was playing Marth and this Kirby tried to Nair me offstage at the countdown... even tho it wouldn't have gimped or anything I still countered and killed him with a stagespike at "1".

his name was long and Japanesey.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Props to Aimee, who played a very competent Lissina. Shame you had to leave after the first match, it was a fun experience. :3

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Fright™ & Randy. Please let me know if you're here.

Fright we had 1 match and it was Shulk(me) vs Mario

Randy I was Shulk and our last one was Captain Falcon being me and you were Blue Luigi.

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] Shoutouts to Bear. We had Ness dittos in the beginning and then I switched to Samus vs your Ness. You then chose Marth two games and our last match ended with my Lucina vs your Marth. You seemed like a pretty nice guy and I didn't want to use Marth vs your Marth because I felt that you'd probably feel insulted, so I went with Lucina. If you see this, message me.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to a player by the name of Haiku who was from Mexico. Those were some of the closest and hypest matches I've had on FG. You went a whole bunch of characters like Lucina, Kirby, Sheik, Falcon and more that I forgot.

I went Red Falcon, DK, and Marth.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Got done fighting someone named "FLUFFY." Used Ganondorf, Falcon, green DK, and Link.
Very fun games!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ ROOOOY! ROOOOY! - If you're reading this, thank you. Those were the finest Sonic footsies I've ever seen, and your control over the character is nothing of sublime. It was a pleasure fighting you. I would love to do it again sometime.

@Zangrief - Good games! You did well with your Ness and made me respect what he can do. We both styled and SD'd a few times, but it's all in good fun. It was an enjoyable and extremely close series of matches.

Played a few others today, but those were the highlights. Good games to anybody else I may happened to have played.

Last edited:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
@ ROOOOY! ROOOOY! - If you're reading this, thank you. Those were the finest Sonic footsies I've ever seen, and your control over the character is nothing of sublime. It was a pleasure fighting you. I would love to do it again sometime.
You're too kind. First two matches I was really scrubby but after that we were very even. I couldn't do anything from the ledge, whenever I went offstage you pressured well. I sent a friend request your way and I'd be very happy to play some more.

:093:

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D
[Wii U] Shoutouts to Waddler-D (@ Waddler-D Waddler-D ?). I was [SB]Mike. I enjoyed our matches, especially :4drmario: vs :4mario: . I saw some techniques I could learn from your Mario. Your Falcon & Ganon were good as well, but unfortunately I didn't see enough of your DK to see his potential. Anyway, GGs.
Yeah, your Pac-Man, Yoshi and Dr. Mario were pretty classy. I certainly enjoyed our matches as well! Definitely learned quite a bit from your Pac-Man most of all. Lots of smart moves!

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Yeah, your Pac-Man, Yoshi and Dr. Mario were pretty classy. I certainly enjoyed our matches as well! Definitely learned quite a bit from your Pac-Man most of all. Lots of smart moves!
Thanks. If you want some more experience against my Pacman, or any of my other characters, just send a message. :estatic:

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
I tend to use this thread a bit too much, but now I need to find a player like never before.

Taulant and I just had a two-hour long For Glory session on 3DS (I am Nicholas, also from NY) and they were some of the best matches I've ever played. Very strong opponent, used a lot of different characters, and forced me to easily play the best Mac game I ever had. He mostly used ZSS, Falcon, Shulk, and Link, but we switched around a lot given the time.

I may be a bit stalkerish, but I found him on youtube, hope I can somehow friend this person and play more.

I

Last edited:

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
I fought against someone named Michael on 3DS. He has a really good Diddy, my Robin got bopped pretty hard. Plus I had a lot of fun playing different kinds of characters with you in our other matches. We should add each other if you're here.

Top Bottom