• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

RoronoaTREY15

Smash Cadet
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
Just played an amazing Samus player on 3ds named Ax. I was the gold Link, and we were going at it! Our reads were crazy, and you have my upmost respect! IDK how many matches we played, but we were going at it!
If you have the wiiu version, I would love to add you and fight you some more!

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I fought a guy named HeItsYo last night.
And I fought a good Villager called Nikki too. GG Guys.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Fought a Link on the 3DS named Aero. Less camping and projectile spam and more neutral attacks. You gave me a tough time the first couple matches, but on that third match, I had you figured out. Not being mean about it, just trying to give you some tips to improve. ;)

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Shoutout to a Jigglypuff named Aaron on Wii U. I'm PSIBoy who used Ness, Ganondorf, and Lucario. You were one of the best I've ever fought on FG, your Jiggly was amazing! Those were some close Ness vs Jigglypuff matches there.

Matieo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Matieo
One time for Thomas (elizabethrigby) and fry (uncle_youtube).
  • Thomas, you had a pretty solid Yoshi that gave my Falco a run for his money. I wish you'd given me a rematch with your Zelda after I messed up that Fire Bird recovery underneath Lylat. Hopefully you accept that FR, because I'd definitely like to play you again.
  • fry, you definitely improved after switching to Capt. Falcon, but you should try being a bit more patient; your approach was pretty aggressive, and easy to read soon after we started playing. I would recommend trying a projectile character or heavy character, eg. Link, Mega Man, Samus, King Dedede, and R.O.B. It's important to learn to let your opponents make mistakes, because unless they're ZeRo, chances are they will eventually.
Something I took away from FG today is that I need to find a better way to KO with Mega Man versus reflector characters. I also need to conquer my fear of lag in general and go for more meteor smash opportunities while edge guarding.

Caltraps

Smash Rookie
NNID
ResidentBevo
3DS FC
2853-0415-8396
[3DS] Yo so uh REGEKI, if you're out there, is it just me or did we end up playing together again tonight? Coulda sworn I played you earlier this week, but I dunno. I was the Green Ness.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
GG's @ BSP BSP . That Pac-man is a beast, definitely the best one I've played on FG by FAR. Those trampoline +hydrant mixups were on point as well. I think Bowser is a good matchup for him like it is with yoshi for Pac-man. Those DH matches tho..... most fun I have ever had since a long time and we went back and forth.

GG's/10 and would love to play again

BSP

Smash Legend
GG's @ BSP BSP . That Pac-man is a beast, definitely the best one I've played on FG by FAR. Those trampoline +hydrant mixups were on point as well. I think Bowser is a good matchup for him like it is with yoshi for Pac-man. Those DH matches tho..... most fun I have ever had since a long time and we went back and forth.

GG's/10 and would love to play again
Yeah GGs. If that would've been on stream, spectators would hate it, but playing it is so much fun. People just don't understand.

I have to work on the DH MU. He's one of those sleeper characters, evidenced by MVD at Apex. All of your guys were amazing though. Bowser completely caught me off guard.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Been a while but time for another post.

This is to LrdG__T... (forgot the name and end cuts off on 3ds, sorry), really fun WFT. Always happy to play them when they don't spam the Sun, but your spacing and use of double sidded attacks were great.

Me spamming at the character select was me trying to say GG (not trying to rub it in) since I can't change my name like I can on the Wii U. Will gladly play you again.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
GGs again GTMarlin. Surprised to run into the same opponent so soon. You're Mario's just as annoying as it was yesterday.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
@Darktoon
@DarkToon.

Ggs, amazing Falcon and Robin, the Falcon reminding me of when I play acid.

3ds Ganon MOM here.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
To the guy I just stomped 15 times in a row with 15 characters, it's not nice to leave after you win ONCE after I sd :) ggs

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] Good games to a Little Mac player named Ethan. It's not very often I face good Mac players. You gave me a run for my money.

link2702

Smash Champion
keep an eye out for some noob named ryan with a mii that has spikey blond hair.

Guy is a crybaby who changes his name to things like "p***y_B****" (i'd post it without the stars but.....well I think you know what it said) when he finds a little mac. Still one of those noobs who thinks mac is op'd. Also two stocked his Zss with my falcon. wimp got lucky against my link with his rob as I spent most of the match trying to land link's newly discovered jab infinite on him and wasn't really as serious as I should of been that match.

As you'd expect he left after that one win.

Last edited:

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
To the guy I just stomped 15 times in a row with 15 characters, it's not nice to leave after you win ONCE after I sd :) ggs
I know that feeling.
I played this guy named like RainerSSF4 or something (I guess he likes Street Fighter?)
Anyway, I won like 4 matches against him and on the fifth I tried doing something new to practice. He wins, says "LOSER" and leaves. Whatever helps him sleep at night.

Last edited:

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
I played someone on 3DS, I can't remember their name for the life of me, but it was a Peach main with the black alt. costume, and I played Ness most of the time.

We played at least five rounds. We were evenly matched, and taunted after every good stock the other person took. I'm certain we would have kept going if I wasn't interrupted by something. I know chances are slim, but it'd be cool if I could find this person again
Maybe me....

Someone named Red from California who's favorite color is red.Amazing little mac. Rolled too much though. You may have beaten me, but you left before I finished reading your moves. Oh well, I guess there's a slim chance of finding you here. What amazes me is that you didn't move around letting me read you and also your moves are REALLY different from other Little Macs in FG. GG man. I wish you would've battled me since I was surprised how you were using Little Mac, but then I figured you out and you left.. XD. Usually good players like you stay for matches that's why I was confident on predicting you would stay and just stalled.

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I can't remember the name, but I fought another fellow Captain Fabulous on 3DS the other day.

Man, what incredible matches. I always go all out to be flashy and stylish, and it was extremely refreshing to find another Falcon who shares the same mindset. (Seems like the only fun I have on FG is when I fight a good Falcon or Ganon)

It was especially amazing when you hit me off-stage, and you went all-out with an off-stage falcon punch, and I traded my Knee of Justice for it, and we both lost our first stock that way. I was laughing so hard at how incredible that was. :falconmelee:

:yoshimelee:
:yoshi64:

Nestea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Imthevp
3DS FC
0877-3300-7854
Maybe me....

Someone named Red from California who's favorite color is red.Amazing little mac. Rolled too much though. You may have beaten me, but you left before I finished reading your moves. Oh well, I guess there's a slim chance of finding you here. What amazes me is that you didn't move around letting me read you and also your moves are REALLY different from other Little Macs in FG. GG man. I wish you would've battled me since I was surprised how you were using Little Mac, but then I figured you out and you left.. XD. Usually good players like you stay for matches that's why I was confident on predicting you would stay and just stalled.
All the evidence stacks up, it COULD have been you....what's your FG tag?

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
All the evidence stacks up, it COULD have been you....what's your FG tag?
Huh? Ummm just so you know the red part was not part of it.. XD... Well it's Leoness, but I think it shortens it to Leon, and also if it was me you could've checked my caption and it will say NightPeach (SB) What's your tag?

Last edited:

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
I just fought and person on smash 3ds with the name Ichi, where ever you are, I just want you to know that you're a awesome player. You got a great Rosalina and Luma! Those matches were close with My mega man and your Rosalina!

Legaci

Smash Cadet
[Wii-U] Fought a player named "Leon" on friday. We played for probably half an hour? Anyway, those were some fun marth dittos. :p

I go by Legacy.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Good job to ALEX on the 3DS. You made me try hard and started to adapt. All of our rounds were super close ones, that I cannot deny. You used Ike, Falcon, Kirby, Link, Pikachu, Fox, and then Falcon again.

That Fox match got so intense once we started wildly throwing out hitboxes as an attempt to outdo each other. You destroyed me with Falcon too, I should probably seek help for that one.

Had to go unfortunately. Wish I could face you again, tons of GGs were to be had.

Nestea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Imthevp
3DS FC
0877-3300-7854
Huh? Ummm just so you know the red part was not part of it.. XD... Well it's Leoness, but I think it shortens it to Leon, and also if it was me you could've checked my caption and it will say NightPeach (SB) What's your tag?
It used to be Vettran, like my reddit name, but now it's Nestea. I'm not sure at what point it may have happened. I do remember fighting several leons, and since I accidentally disconnected I never got to look at the tag.

And I know about the Red part. I have not and will never play Little Mac.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
It used to be Vettran, like my reddit name, but now it's Nestea. I'm not sure at what point it may have happened. I do remember fighting several leons, and since I accidentally disconnected I never got to look at the tag.

And I know about the Red part. I have not and will never play Little Mac.
Which characters did you use?

Khanjali

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4441-8711-2170
@ yoshi8984 yoshi8984
I believe you are the first Smashboards member I've come across on For Glory.
Hands down the best Ness I've fought. I was at a complete loss on how to deal with an actually good Ness, which says something when I have 3800+ games. Despite the bits of lag, those were really enjoyable games. Thanks!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U] Shout out to two Wario's named Sergio and Jani for some hilarious 2v2 For Glory matches.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
@ yoshi8984 yoshi8984
I believe you are the first Smashboards member I've come across on For Glory.
Hands down the best Ness I've fought. I was at a complete loss on how to deal with an actually good Ness, which says something when I have 3800+ games. Despite the bits of lag, those were really enjoyable games. Thanks!
Haha, good thing you tagged me! I actually wanted to play you more but I had to go out to buy groceries and then forgot your username by the time I got back... X__x

Pretty solid characters too, especially your Olimar (that footstool on Gaur Plain xD). I have no idea how to fight him this game actually (especially with how difficult it is to get off the Pikmin lol).

Also did you notice your Bowser Jr. was spazzing out when I gimped your recovery with D-Tilt on Reset Bomb Forest? Never seen that before. o.o

Khanjali

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4441-8711-2170
I've actually just started my training with Bowser Jr., so that was a first for me as well. Kinda wish I recorded it, it was like he was attempting Bowser's neutral Air but couldn't stop.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3ds] I fought someone with a name like Wongso (sorry if I got that wrong, I kept forgetting to look at the name). You were an amazing Ganondorf/Captain Falcon player. You made me realize how predictable I was and I hopefully improved. If you don't remember me, I was the Pit/Sonic/Shulk user.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Just went up against a player called Thédel. Your Palu, Robin and Shulk were pretty damn good. Overall really fun to play against. I mostly played Ganon, Marth and Ike. If I weren't having so much fun as those three, I would have thrown out my main (Roy). xD Good games to ya, hope we can battle again.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Think I just lost to @T1MMY Yoshi. Unless it was a name imposter. I was the very rusty purple Sonic. Sorry about the d/c and the general lag spikes, forgot I had GTA downloading on my tablet lol. If that was you, GG.

:093:

Last edited:

Nestea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Imthevp
3DS FC
0877-3300-7854
Okay I see then. Yup then I think you fought me since I have strangely have memories on a player who uses metaknight, then ness
Wow, this is freaky. I never expected to actually find someone here......

Sooooo...wanna smash? idk.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Had two games with a Duck Hunt named Foxd (SB). Based on activity on the DH board, I'm assuming this was @ outfoxd outfoxd ?

If so, those two games were pretty great. I was the Yellow and Blue Robins. Not often I get to fight a Duck Hunt, much less great ones. Shame Mario Circuit 8 had to be Mario Circuit 8 and mess with our inputs all over the place, I'm guessing that's why you left? Wouldn't mind having more of that MU in the future! =)

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Had two games with a Duck Hunt named Foxd (SB). Based on activity on the DH board, I'm assuming this was @ outfoxd outfoxd ?

If so, those two games were pretty great. I was the Yellow and Blue Robins. Not often I get to fight a Duck Hunt, much less great ones. Shame Mario Circuit 8 had to be Mario Circuit 8 and mess with our inputs all over the place, I'm guessing that's why you left? Wouldn't mind having more of that MU in the future! =)
My God, someone actualy found me on here? Been playing since the Wii U launch and you're the first random SB member I ever played.

Wouldn't say I'm great, but I HAVE figured out how to not just throw barrels and discs and pray.

Your Robin was locking me out and aggravating me at points. And yeah, I left cause I was starting to hit some lag. Good stuff though, man.

The_SuperiorTaste

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperiorTaste
3DS FC
0834-2018-7252
Shoutouts to Neinsager or Adam who played Villager against my Lucina, Luigi, Zelda, Ness, Duck Hunt, and Olimar in that order. I had the tag EVO HYPE. ggs man, had some fun and learned a lot about Villager

Top Bottom