• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Couldn't believe I was playing with Reflex in FG today. That was until he gave me the business with Megaman. Those matches were really fun, I would've stayed a bit longer but I had to get off to do something. Thanks for the add @ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder , I'm up to spar with you whenever dude.
As it turns out, that wasn't me! That's my buddy, @kismet2 , who is currently borrowing my Wii U. Glad he's up to snuff and you had a good time, though! Perhaps we can play another time.

Last edited:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
(Wii U)

Ggs to a super chill dude that uses default controller setting and a mii called "Herny".

Your link is pretty scary. We have pretty similar playstyles. I think you enjoyed fighting my lucario a lot. I brought out my gold black hatpikachu, bowser against you too. You seemed to still really enjoy yourself despite me switching to random later on. Thanks for the friend request im def down to fight you more. It was super relaxing and fun fighting you.

Last edited:

Zeafling

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4897-6462-0307
Looking for a guy named FishFace. Your yoshi and quite a few of your other characters were really good! I'm the Ness/Captain Falcon main you were playing against for almost an hour :)

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Played someone on 3DS today with the tag "sonic." Used Sonic and a few other chars and once he started losing the first match, ran away and roll spammed the rest of our matches. The lag was medium badness, and I usually would've just left, but I felt like sticking around a few matches and showing him his dumb strategy doesn't work.

He didn't manage to bring me to sudden death once, let alone win any of our matches. If you read this, sonic, thanks for the free wins, I guess? My Mii's name is Dan, and I played mostly Mega Man and Ness. I don't know what you were trying to accomplish. Your strategy wasn't just lame, but it didn't even work.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Played someone on 3DS today with the tag "sonic." Used Sonic and a few other chars and once he started losing the first match, ran away and roll spammed the rest of our matches. The lag was medium badness, and I usually would've just left, but I felt like sticking around a few matches and showing him his dumb strategy doesn't work.

He didn't manage to bring me to sudden death once, let alone win any of our matches. If you read this, sonic, thanks for the free wins, I guess? My Mii's name is Dan, and I played mostly Mega Man and Ness. I don't know what you were trying to accomplish. Your strategy wasn't just lame, but it didn't even work.
As appropriate as your avatar is to this post please refrain from posting comments about bad players.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Fought a Greninja and Shulk named Red . He was very good and forced my Toon Link to change up the gameplay. A good sport during the matches.

My tag is Cellr En online.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
SORINDRA AWESOME greninja
Cash!cuS makes shulk look easy to use
Nathan your villager is crazy
Saving replays for when ma capture card gets here.

Uh oh angry Korean is angry

Milk i know u your lucina fast
Gin nice mega man

Last edited:

The_SuperiorTaste

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperiorTaste
3DS FC
0834-2018-7252
KoF MikeAG sounded like a sponsored player so I figured he would be on here. Good games, started out a little laggy but whatever, I used a lot of characters against your Sheik and Captain Falcon. I believe our last match was my Luigi vs your Captain Falcon. I think I had the EVO HYPE tag on, not sure. My mii's name was Tasty.

Holla@ChaBoi390

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-5100-6686
I hope youre here but I had some good matches against someone named @Noli. I used Mario, Dr. Mario, and Bowser and you used Zero suit, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon. Some of the best matches I've had on for glory. Good games man.

My tag on 3ds is Coggy btw

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Great games to Tetzz. Your Pacman is a thing of ****ing beauty.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Tetsuyalol, good games, whoever you are! Some nice stuff with Greninja. Seemed to have a pretty good Meta Knight as well, but could only play one match with him before I had to go.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ran into @Kobak on For Glory. Good games and nice to see a fresh variety of characters, and sorry for the disconnect at the end. 'Twas good fun nonetheless. Would happily play you again.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Want to throw a quick shout-out to 2fast, NNID 2fasttt. Don't remember the in-game name unfortunately, but I think his profile said he was located in VA... maybe @2fast ? Anyways, I played him a couple days ago and hadn't bothered to post here about it.

Whoever it was, they were one of the best players I've gotten to play on For Glory. They started off as Mario, and while the Mario was a little shaky as far as character-specific stuff goes his great fundamentals carried him through the match and he beat me pretty solidly. Next up was his Sonic, which I absolutely did not have an answer for. And finally, I believe was a red Yoshi that beat me pretty soundly after I let my shield get broken. If I recall correctly, I used Dedede/ROB/Captain Falcon.

I said Good Games and left after that to stop myself from getting too flustered, but I really do want to commend the player - he outplayed me every step of the way and still was fairly respectful, at least as respectful as you can be over online. It's not too often I find people who are both good and respectful on For Glory.

link2702

Smash Champion
Want to throw a quick shout-out to 2fast, NNID 2fasttt. Don't remember the in-game name unfortunately, but I think his profile said he was located in VA... maybe @2fast ? Anyways, I played him a couple days ago and hadn't bothered to post here about it.

Whoever it was, they were one of the best players I've gotten to play on For Glory. They started off as Mario, and while the Mario was a little shaky as far as character-specific stuff goes his great fundamentals carried him through the match and he beat me pretty solidly. Next up was his Sonic, which I absolutely did not have an answer for. And finally, I believe was a red Yoshi that beat me pretty soundly after I let my shield get broken. If I recall correctly, I used Dedede/ROB/Captain Falcon.

I said Good Games and left after that to stop myself from getting too flustered, but I really do want to commend the player - he outplayed me every step of the way and still was fairly respectful, at least as respectful as you can be over online. It's not too often I find people who are both good and respectful on For Glory.

I think I faced the same player only he used sonic...his name was WS..2.fast iirc...

didn't check his nnid so IDK if its the same person unfortunately...

link2702

Smash Champion
^That was the tag. Whoever he was he sure gave me a whooping.
i beat him iirc our two matches. Both times i got a ridiculously hilarious kill on him. Second match against my link he ended up spring jumping trying to recover....right into my Dair spike.

but make no mistake evne though I beat him those matches it wasn't easy, sonic definitely knew what it was doing.

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
GG's to GADI (@ Gadiel_VaStar Gadiel_VaStar or @Gadiel Franco?). Your Mario is pretty nice, we both had some good reads in those matches. Forced me to switch from Pikachu to my main, haha. Although I two-stocked you with ROB my first match with him, I wish I didn't have to leave early on that note. If you're here, I wouldn't mind having a few matches with you again.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Good games to Boli, who played with the tag "VEGAN". You're the best Pac-Man player I've ever seen, sorry for the sudden departure, I promised my fox cub I would eat before I passed out~ >w<;;

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
(3DS) Even though the players already contacted me about their matches, Good Games to ManeWolf and Skymin 50.
ManeWolf you started with Little Mac and ended with Link due to lag, and I was yellow Ness.
Skymin also faced me with a red Kirby (I think?) and did a Ness ditto match.

Last edited:

Zero Meddler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroMeddler
3DS FC
1633-4671-0386
Fought someone named wiggy (or giggy... it had an "iggy" in it) who used Fox, Marth, then went back to Fox then Sheik (had a pretty decent Sheik game too). Never felt so evenly matched in a FG game. Made me put my Mario skills to the test. GG's bro. GG's.

BTW, during the last couple of games, I was experiencing some hardcore lag... we're you?

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
[Wii U] Super fun games with a guy named Lee (NNID is numanumaking21). Your Mega Man is great and I had a ton of fun with the ditto we did. I'm always excited to find a fellow Mega Man main!

Would love to play again!

numanumaking13

Smash Cadet
NNID
numanumaking21
[Wii U] Super fun games with a guy named Lee (NNID is numanumaking21). Your Mega Man is great and I had a ton of fun with the ditto we did. I'm always excited to find a fellow Mega Man main!

Would love to play again!
Hey those were some great games we played for sure! Yeah your Mega Man was awesome and it was a ton of fun! I always get so confused when I fight another Mega Man because no one hardly plays him haha. We should play again whenever we are both online for sure! I thought you had me with that last match though when you were Zelda, I somehow pulled through with some luck. If you ever want to play just message me, probably on reddit, I'm on that site more. Same username name as on here. Had a lot of fun with your matches!

Last edited:

Original name taken

Smash Rookie
Guy named CHRIS, played Dark Pit and Falco. I know that your good at the grab/spot dodge out of shield tactic and then back throw off ledge and guard it with you life tactic, I don't have the patience to sit and wait for my opponent so I respect that skill. but is it entirely necessary to taunt each time. You didn't really earn that taunt, you just did it out of disrespect. to aggravate your opponent and throw them off. Its a dumb thing to complain about but you could show some respect. It doesn't help that both characters are arrogant pricks in regards to the lines they say. I was literally only salty because of those taunts, other than that GG it was fun.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
{3DS)Look out for a player named Edgardo from Washington who uses Diddy Kong. He took out my Link and started taunting. He then stalled out the timer at the character/stage select screen. I switched to Falcon and beat him but before he died he ragequitted and DC'd. What a sore loser.

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
3DS

Fought an amazing Peach named Eliselle in group smash, probably the best Peach i have ever played against.

However, for some reason she singled me out, and kept using the "lalala" mocking tease everytime she ko.d me, even when using a taunt costed her to get hit or even killed by my nearby teammate.

I do not understand this fixation against me since i do not recall having ever played against this person before, but it was vicious.

Very good games against a very skilled player, but yeah...

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
GGs to a really good D3 named Aprecon or something like that on the 3DS. Sorry for me playing realllly badly, I hadn't touched smash in a week. Had a ton of fun though.

If you used inhale more, your aerial game would be truly scary.

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Hey those were some great games we played for sure! Yeah your Mega Man was awesome and it was a ton of fun! I always get so confused when I fight another Mega Man because no one hardly plays him haha. We should play again whenever we are both online for sure! I thought you had me with that last match though when you were Zelda, I somehow pulled through with some luck. If you ever want to play just message me, probably on reddit, I'm on that site more. Same username name as on here. Had a lot of fun with your matches!
!!! I was not expecting a reply!

Glad to hear the enjoyment was shared mutually! I don't have a reddit and don't really have any desire to get one, but I'd be really happy to get together again sometime!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Ey, @kiwi-Kiwi

It could have been you, tho you playin all hermit like. since your not a mod anymore (freaking mods switching in in out its hilarious)

Anyway whoever had the tag kiwi, and his name was king henry the whatever.

Learn how to disrespect right ;)

if you're gonna disrespect, you HAVE TO win. My tag is random for a reason. I dont even try on FG but if you're gonna do kirby to disrespect at least win lmao.

anyway yoshis moves are so jank course he'd get on link, anyway ggs werido.

Last edited:

Zero Meddler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroMeddler
3DS FC
1633-4671-0386
[Wii U] Good Games to a beast Ness and Sheik by the name of P.YOUNG and to a Fox and a Pit by the name of Anishiwa (You were pretty fast my good sir/madam. I couldn't keep my composure. XD). I would love to play you two again.

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Was running around with a blue Charizard today. GG's to Defy with a Pikachu, and PURPLE using Peach. That Pikachu was insane, definitely the best I've run across in FG. I could barely keep up with him! I finally started to pick up on some of his habits after a game, but he left shortly after the second match. And I was absolutely destroyed by that Peach, lol. Peaches normally causes problems for me online though, especially good ones. It seems like none of her moves have any type of start-up lag at all. But either way, good matches. I still need much practicing with Zard, I guess haha.

numanumaking13

Smash Cadet
NNID
numanumaking21
!!! I was not expecting a reply!

Glad to hear the enjoyment was shared mutually! I don't have a reddit and don't really have any desire to get one, but I'd be really happy to get together again sometime!
Yeah I honestly don't expect replies back on these threads so it's nice to actually find someone on here!

That's fine we can arrange some matches on here, Reddit isn't for everybody. My best days where I can battle are probably Sunday-Thursday since Friday and Saturday I work midnight shifts. My best times are during the night, I'm in the central time zone, I'll try contacting you here or on the Wii U so we can battle again within the next few days!

BATMN

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pigcookies
3DS FC
1392-5020-4546
I'm looking for a really good Falcon player on 3ds. His name was: .Devin.
Your falcon was really solid! I'd like to play you again sometime!

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
looking for a green DK / bluewhite MM player named E on 3ds? i actually see you around a lot

i'm a pink yoshi named 052.

Last edited:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
GG's to GADI (@ Gadiel_VaStar Gadiel_VaStar or @Gadiel Franco?). Your Mario is pretty nice, we both had some good reads in those matches. Forced me to switch from Pikachu to my main, haha. Although I two-stocked you with ROB my first match with him, I wish I didn't have to leave early on that note. If you're here, I wouldn't mind having a few matches with you again.
That wasn't me unfortunately :/ Haven't played Mario in a while on wifi & I only use the tag Gadiel on for glory.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
@ Sonsa Sonsa Good games! Nice stuff with Bowser Jr., Villager, and Greninja. Always fun to find another Jr. player.
Thanks! Yeah, you were great! Sorry I couldnt do much better, Im ashamed of my performance. Sorry for the johns, but I was trying to tell you this damn Gamepad cant jump. Reeeally not helpful for combos and recovery... Wanted to up-throw into up-air but I just get an up smash that wont hit anyone soon. And sometimes tilts and smashes are switched up... But hey! I hear some gamecube adapter we've ordered should be here soon! Once I readjust to that maybe we can play again!

Top Bottom