• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
(Wii U) GGs to Lutinot and Sir Jon (used Gert as his tag). Lutinot played Ganon, Ludwig, and Link while I used blue ROB and blue Dedede in those matches. Gert I played much more with, he used ZSS, Lucina, and Zelda, and in those matches I started off as pink DK before sticking with ROB and Dedede for the most part (changed to blue Yoshi near the end). While you weren't the only people I played with today, you definitely were the best and the ones I enjoyed the most. Only comment for Gert is that he had a tendency to kill himself when going offstage.

My tag on Wii U when I'm playing with my Gamecube controller is Keith. I know a couple of times I didn't recover in the proper direction or just failed to recover at all, and it's because of my mayflash adapter- it's a bit sensitive and if I shift my controller's wire too much it briefly disconnects and it'll reconnect while I'm holding a direction, resetting the stick's neutral position and screwing up my controls. I'd like to be playing on an official Nintendo adapter but eh, can't really help that till they're restocked.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
GGs to a few players I encountered in 1vs1 for glory

@Gamermike(I assume that's your full 3DS usertag, Your Bowser and Shulk were fun to play against even though you exited after three matches.

@stalker I liked your Toonlink though you were hasty against my blue falco in the first match, I thought your yellow female robin was good.

My Tag was Wesker08, I was the White Marth, Blue Falco, Black Bowser, and default color Ike.

Last edited:

YukiDango

Smash Rookie
NNID
YumeDango
I just played someone called ZeroWolf, and those were some pretty fun matches! I was playing Zelda, and he played Ness/Yoshi.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Shout-outs to Joshmar, who rocked the biker Wario in orange vest. Why'd you leave me hanging after we tied it up!?!

Dado

Smash Rookie
To a guy named Dado from France who I just finished playing:

Your Yoshi is godlike. The best one I have faced thus far and all of your kills were hype as ****.
If you see this, add me so we can play more. I played all old man 'dorf against you and was about to pull out my Megaman when you left.

_____

Does anyone know if there is a french equivalent of Smashboards in case he can't read english? If so please link it to me and/or post the following on that site for me.

Cher Dado:

Ton Yoshi est incroyable et chaque fois que tu m'as tuer c'etait de maniere epoustouflante! Je suis le joueur de Ganon contre qui tu as jouer pour une ou deux heurs. Si tu vois ce message donne moi ton code d'ami pour que nous puissions jouer plus.
J'aimerai aussi essayer mon Megaman contre toi.

Man, a friend just showed me this forum after he found your post. I would love to play against you again. I know it's been a month and I don't know how this works, do I send you my 3ds friend code or something like that? PS: I understand English just as good as French, so write in the languange you're most a ease. :)

link2702

Smash Champion
Man, a friend just showed me this forum after he found your post. I would love to play against you again. I know it's been a month and I don't know how this works, do I send you my 3ds friend code or something like that? PS: I understand English just as good as French, so write in the languange you're most a ease. :)
just send him a PM with your 3dS friend code and enter his.

pretty much all there is to it.

PS: enjoy your stay here.:cyclops:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
My first 3ds match was on for glory. Me against a guy named zero (I assume it's not the one you're thinking of) who played samus. I was mario and the match was laggy where zero tried to charge the shots. Luckily with my thinking he or she was going to fire so I caped just in time for me to win. Would like a rematch with less lag.

One of my latest Wii U games was a guy named pops. The first match was me Dr. Mario vs Dedede. He spammed his down b and up b so much I easily put him in tons of combos and won. Our next match was me Mario and Captain Falcon. He spammed side B and falcon punches like he thinks he was going to win like that. I easily won and hadn't lost a life in both of those matches... he left after that. :/

Edit: Shout out to Nicole. She played as Mario and I played Dr. Mario. We both pressed B at the start of the match and from then on we were doing the same moves at one point and we tried to out think each other out. Close game but I won in the end.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Shoutouts to... Alacion? Good Zelda player. I wanted to keep going, but I got interrupted and had to split. Would be happy to play again in the future.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
It's a shame that the playerbase is so spread out. Lots of good players that don't seem to exist anywhere else. You don't learn that kinda tech on FG alone, so people like them gotta have a homebase somewhere.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
It's a shame that the playerbase is so spread out. Lots of good players that don't seem to exist anywhere else. You don't learn that kinda tech on FG alone, so people like them gotta have a homebase somewhere.
I wonder that too, I wish their was somewhere we could search for names here, like some sort of database for those that don't check here.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Started playing SmashWiiU Online. My Mii is Power9 and I have the tag Powerstar. You'll see me playing as Yellow Link. I do 1v1 by myself and dubs with my brother who has the tag JAKE and mains Ike. If you ran into me give me a shoutout.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Just played with a guy named "Q". I'm the person who you switched characters with first you were Peach And I was Rosalina and the second battle I was Peach and then you were Rosalina. Please play with me again, because I was actually talking to Grass XD while battling you. You are a very amazing Peach and Rosalina player. I barely see people who use them.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That's awesome! I am really pleasantly surprised to hear from you.
Here's my FC, we should play again sometime: 2105-9186-1496

Welcome to Smashboards by the way!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Shoutouts to... Alacion? Good Zelda player. I wanted to keep going, but I got interrupted and had to split. Would be happy to play again in the future.
Hey, I was so stoked to play you! And holy crap you seriously put the fear of Gerudo/God in me, haha. I'll appreciate the compliment but you pretty much wrecked me through and through. :)

I played them before too and agree.
Hello :) I'm flattered you remember me but I don't remember playing somebody with your NNID... sorry! Was it 3ds then or maybe Wii U? I kinda play both atm :p

I'm trying pretty hard to resist the calling of the high tiers :(

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey, I was so stoked to play you! And holy crap you seriously put the fear of Gerudo/God in me, haha. I'll appreciate the compliment but you pretty much wrecked me through and through. :)

I'm trying pretty hard to resist the calling of the high tiers :(
Ah, so are <are> you're here! It was a pleasure to play you, sir. And thank you for the kind word, as well. :colorful:

And I know the feeling too well! But you have my utmost respect for fighting the good fight with the character you love, dude.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Ganon named MOM, 3ds.

Cool seeing yiu here

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Good games to a guy named Tokyama. He used Luigi, Falcon and Fox on me just now. Awesome matches man. Your characters are legit.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Finally had a battle against a good Little Mac on WiiU.
"Zack?", nice to see someone not rushing mindlessly with LM!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ganon named MOM, 3ds.

Cool seeing yiu here
Oh I remember you. Did we end things with Robin/Doc? Think I left because I was next to passing out x_x

You're really good though! So many good Ganondorfs out there :(

ividal

Smash Cadet
shoutout to a user named ray, i was the black yoshi while you were using normal link all the way to dark link, sadly something happened to the internet and we dc´d but id love to play against you someday, ill be playing with the tag Ividal and usually will play with a black yoshi

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I remember someone jut called "Ray". You were a worthy opponent, Ray. IIRC you either always used Lucina, or you would use Lucina until you lost, then switch.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Shoutout to someone named Exploder (there someone named that way, is that you @Exploder?). He probably wasn't the best player I saw (I won most, if not all of the matches) but he never left, until I had to. (I'm not a robot so I need sleep ^_^) I haven't seen a lot of FG players with THAT much perseverance. Your Pikachu was getting better after each game, liked it! It would be nice to fight each other again!

I was the Orange Samus in Shorts with the nametag "5T00PiD".

Also I fought someone playing a blue Villager who wemt by the name of turnt. You were pretty darn good, until you switched to DDD and ragequitted. (I saved the replay, it's hilarious ^_^) Should've stayed as Villager, dude.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Oh I remember you. Did we end things with Robin/Doc? Think I left because I was next to passing out x_x

You're really good though! So many good Ganondorfs out there :(
Yeah I stay up real late, don't remember exactly what went on in the matches but I recall enjoying the a ton.

Wouldn't mind playing again.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I stay up real late, don't remember exactly what went on in the matches but I recall enjoying the a ton.

Wouldn't mind playing again.
Yeah, I gotta fix my awful sleeping schedule I built up this winter break... Let me know if you ever feel like playing, any console.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah, I gotta fix my awful sleeping schedule I built up this winter break... Let me know if you ever feel like playing, any console.
yeah sounds good, most often free on the DS but we can add each other on both if you'd like.

obama

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1332-8487-9120
shoutout to merp who used villager and i think link got my stock when i was afk but killed himself when i came back. would like to finish our match :)

link2702

Smash Champion
WHo the hell is HD <star symbol> thomas? This is the second time I've run into this guy and he's frustrating as hell to face.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Someone named Tyler who used Duck Hunt and a yellow Rob. Nice characters there. Sorry I wasn't much of a challenge. I was actually watching Cardcaptor Sakura. If you don't mind would you like to battle me again? I'd like to battle you seriously this time. The way you use Duck Hunt reminds me of the way BSME uses his. GGs by the way.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
(3DS) GG's to a Pro Black ZSS user named @Melo that I battled not too long ago, probably one of the toughest Zero suits I've faced, almost all of our matches, I'd somehow get lucky and take a stock off of you, but you'd always take the sets. I had a lot of fun facing you in 1vs1 for Glory and I hope to get the chance to run into you again.

My tag was Wesker08, I was the White Marth, Blue Falco, Black Bowser, Default Ike, and White Shirt Ness.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Does saying @ before a name make it possible to link to them?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Thanks a bunch.

@Gilgadin

Played a long time tons of fun 3ds

@KinG
Played one of the best Macs I've seen but I had a friend waiting on me and had to leave 3ds

If either of these are users I'd love to play you guys again, names MOM and I'm a white dorf.

Gator

Smash Cadet
(on wii u) if someone named Stanley is on here, whose mii is a black man with gray hair, man you freakin ROCK Pit and Dark Pit on for glory! I hope we can find each other again and play some more matches, cause you're totally rad! :)

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Good games @CacoGen (?), who beat me with every imaginable character out there! If you ever see this, I'd love to touch base on all the games we had! I would appreciate any advice you may have for me :) -Alacion

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
@Starman

Hopefully you see this, amazing Ness and possibly my favorite FG matches yet. You use pk thunder like a pro lol.

If you ever see this, I am MOM the whit Ganon 3ds

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Omg, GGs to an awesome Bowser with the name of Bones. Best Bowser I've played and I had tons of fun! Wish I could've stayed longer, but I'm tired lol. Gotta get better at not SD'ing lol.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Hey Biscuits, I was the Zelda that just played you a little bit ago. You have a good Link, which is refreshing to see on For Glory. ;) Thank you for the good match!

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
shotout to @Drakogy good games against your MetaKnight and Fox, you beat me up pretty bad hehe ( I was the Megaman with Tag BLOOD).

You are the first smasher that I find on For Glory that was using advanced techs (I mostly find average players or spammers).

You made it seem like your aerials didn't have any landing lag and juggled my Megaman.
I couldn't DI properly sometimes probably was input lag on my end, anyway you clearly were the better player.

Top Bottom