• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

link2702

Smash Champion
Met a guy on Wii u for glory Called Mario with profile name also Mario.
I have one only thing to say to you; I hope you catch on Fire you Laggy ***, spamming, counter picking, cheap tactic that only works on for glory using a-hole.

I've met many people better than me and you by a lot who have made me far less salty than you did with your bull****
I ran into this same guy yesterday iirc. I beat him each match. First match I destroyed him, he tried to tier ***** to shiek, beat him then. he then went into full rage mode and iirc picked either rosalina or diddy kong. NOne of the matches he beat me however, and rage quit after like the third match.

Yellowkirbyguy

Smash Rookie
(Wii U) Good games to " Kalas " Who is a very formidable opponent. I was " Lemon" During our Meta Knight vs Sheik matches i had a fair bit of Input lag to deal with. but either i got used to it or the input lag went away after a few matches. Nonetheless i quite enjoyed battling your Marth with Lucina, I don't use Lucina too often, but i quite enjoyed my near wins thank you very much xD

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
shoutout to Serena, who played mostly lucina and some pit

i was 052. played kirby for like 3 matches, but most of the time i just stuck to yoshi because you were really scary @_@

tbh i wanted to try out lucina dittos, but i was afraid you'd take that as me being cocky. would like to play you again!

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Guy named alo with the tag AESIS, anyone? Pretty fun games. First Charizard I've come across who isn't bad. I was the guy who used Pikachu, Charizard, Bowser, and Bowser Jr.

link2702

Smash Champion
played nothing but 3DS tonight, found nothing amazing. One shulk however was at least hell-bent on trying to beat me and persisted through a good 20-30 matches before I got bored of going through random characters and left. He never won and most matches I 2 stocked him, but I'll give him credit he stuck through all of em. I think he was also saving replays of every one at the end as he stayed in the results screen for quite a bit, so who knows, maybe he was smart enough to save em so he could study what he did wrong later and try to fix it, if so glad to see someone smart enough to do it.

Other than him though the rest were meh. nobody good at all.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Is a purple Dedede player named Train here? We played a bunch of matches. I had just happened to pick Dedede when we were matched up, and it just went from there. At first we only played Dedede dittos, but eventually we mixed up our character choices. You mainly used heavies like Bowser, Charizard, and Ganon, but also used Little Mac. I don't remember who all I used but I know I went Ludwig for a couple matches and really tried to beat you as Little Mac myself. That didn't really work out, lol. But hey, fun matches and great Dedede. If you see this, I'm Atoyont and would love to play you again.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Is a purple Dedede player named Train here? We played a bunch of matches. I had just happened to pick Dedede when we were matched up, and it just went from there. At first we only played Dedede dittos, but eventually we mixed up our character choices. You mainly used heavies like Bowser, Charizard, and Ganon, but also used Little Mac. I don't remember who all I used but I know I went Ludwig for a couple matches and really tried to beat you as Little Mac myself. That didn't really work out, lol. But hey, fun matches and great Dedede. If you see this, I'm Atoyont and would love to play you again.
I think I saw you online and was about to play you. But I had to go. I went by Mike or MP8. Do you remember by any chance?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I think I saw you online and was about to play you. But I had to go. I went by Mike or MP8. Do you remember by any chance?
I don't haha. I'm not always looking at the screen when I'm waiting for the next match to start. I only have the 3DS version, though, so if you're on the WiiU it wasn't me. But if it was 3DS there's a high likelyhood it was me. AFAIK I'm the only person who uses that tag and I'm online fairly frequently.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
I don't haha. I'm not always looking at the screen when I'm waiting for the next match to start. I only have the 3DS version, though, so if you're on the WiiU it wasn't me. But if it was 3DS there's a high likelyhood it was me. AFAIK I'm the only person who uses that tag and I'm online fairly frequently.
Oh, ok. My bad then. I could have sworn I saw someone named "Kofu." Nevermind.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
shout outs to a player tagged "Sean". I beat him playing Duck Hunt and he sent me a message not to spam. So we rematched and I threw three clay pigeons, two gunman, and no barrels and still won. He sent me the message again.

Careful, guys. If you use projectiles at all you're spamming.

Also shout outs to every person from here I played inadvertently.

link2702

Smash Champion
shout outs to a player tagged "Sean". I beat him playing Duck Hunt and he sent me a message not to spam. So we rematched and I threw three clay pigeons, two gunman, and no barrels and still won. He sent me the message again.

Careful, guys. If you use projectiles at all you're spamming.

Also shout outs to every person from here I played inadvertently.
noobs from miiverse or anywhere have a hard time accepting the fact that some characters are projectile campers. it sadly happens in all fighters. Noobs convinced that every character is a rushdown character, and playing a character any other way is "cheap" or "spamming"

I get it all the time when I camp the holy living hell out of noobs with my link or samus. I just shrug em off and ignore em. if my character is built around projectile camping, that's what I'm gonna do with em.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I ran into a Mega Man player this morning and I regretfully forget his name, but I do know that I changed my name tag to GOOD GAMES and played White Dr. Mario right after. If you see this, show up and say hello! You were pretty good, at least against my Doc! (Sadly I was stuck using the gamepad cause I was watching AGDQ and just felt like For Glory, but hey!)

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
shoutout to Serena, who played mostly lucina and some pit

i was 052. played kirby for like 3 matches, but most of the time i just stuck to yoshi because you were really scary @_@

tbh i wanted to try out lucina dittos, but i was afraid you'd take that as me being cocky. would like to play you again!
I think I played you once on 1vs1 FG.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Shout out to a guy named "Zoldo," just got off a whole bunch of games on Smash 3DS. I went by "Atif."

We did Zelda dittos, then Ganondorf dittos, than Capt Falcon dittos. Last match you went Zelda and down-taunted (her wave) twice to say bye.

You were the coolest guy I've ever met on For Glory. I really hope you're up here, I'd love to play you!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Since only one of my For Glory shoutouts has gotten a response from here, this is a long shot, but I just played some fun 3DS matches with a guy named weldon from California. You switched every match, if I remember correctly. We went to time with your Sheik vs. my Villager (seriously good pressure) but I won in sudden death. Then you nailed a FAir spike against my Ludwig as Mario to take a game off of me. You even evened the odds when I inadvertantly suicided as ROB, which surprised me. You were fun to play against and I'd love to play you again.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Guy named alo with the tag AESIS, anyone? Pretty fun games. First Charizard I've come across who isn't bad. I was the guy who used Pikachu, Charizard, Bowser, and Bowser Jr.
I just played this guy for a couple of hours. Definitely a solid Charizard, and his Shiek wasn't bad either.

I ran into a Mega Man player this morning and I regretfully forget his name, but I do know that I changed my name tag to GOOD GAMES and played White Dr. Mario right after. If you see this, show up and say hello! You were pretty good, at least against my Doc! (Sadly I was stuck using the gamepad cause I was watching AGDQ and just felt like For Glory, but hey!)
This sounds familiar. When you say "this morning", do you mean between 3-7 AM eastern? Also was your tag GG/G2G when you left by any chance?

If this was me I was probably running a tag with a down arrow followed by NASTY

JNET

Smash Cadet
NNID
Traeks
GGs to Wii U player with the tag "Eye". You played a good :4jigglypuff:, I enjoyed the practice. I don't run into many good Jiggs so it was much needed training for my :4zss:, even though the MU sucks haha. We kept it pretty even at the start, but you pulled out in the end. If I had more time in the night I woulda played you more. Classy fellow though, and interesting playstyle. We both did a GG at the end before we left.

edit: I actually ran into some other fun/great matches last night. I can't remember names per say.. I remember one was a :4tlink:for a while, which I don't tend to play much of. Stood out because it was one of the few non spamming projectile users, just used them wisely and well. You could prob pull out those quick shot bows a bit more though for pressure. I played some :4zss:, :4falcon:, and :4jigglypuff:against you. Though we both switched around some more and had some fun matches like :4ganondorf: vs. :4marth: and such. Haha GGs!

Last edited:

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
GGs to Wii U player with the tag "Eye". You played a good :4jigglypuff:, I enjoyed the practice. I don't run into many good Jiggs so it was much needed training for my :4zss:, even though the MU sucks haha. We kept it pretty even at the start, but you pulled out in the end. If I had more time in the night I woulda played you more. Classy fellow though, and interesting playstyle. We both did a GG at the end before we left.
Hey, someone found me! Your ZSS was really good.

Playing you, I felt you had a strong hold of the matchup. You used your range and whip well to keep me out, and you had good awareness of the Rest threat at all times. I'm always looking for it, so I could tell you did an amazing job of being offensive while respecting that option.

I did feel like an idiot every time I shielded a stun shot and would instinctively roll away only to have you dash grab me. I have to remember to roll in against ZSS if I'm going to roll. You use down-B very well offstage also. I remember thinking, "This guy's got even better recovery than I do!" I may have pulled an extra couple games at the end, but I never once felt like the better player. Very tight battles! GGs.

Laggalot101

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-6741-7161
I just played against someone on For Glory (3DS) with the name Sinji, and if you happen to read this, I just want to say that you're probably the best Megaman I've ever played (on accasion, this was much to my frustration). And I spend a fair amount of time on For Glory. I think I could learn a lot from you. Seriously. I got KO'd by Mega Upper on an stage-getup roll twice. And the keep-out game with lemons, Neutral-B and Side-B was just nuts. Had so much trouble getting through that (playing as Kirby, last game with Mario was a little more manageable... though I still lost pretty bad). I am kinda sad I got hit by fully charged F-smashes twice, though. I personally blame the lag for messing up my dodge timing, but maybe I should have just shielded it in the first place.

My player name online is currently Jasper. (speaking of which, I probably want to see if I can change that to match my username here...)

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Shout-out to Agi. It is rare to see Ikes in FG, let alone very competent Ikes.

Those were fun dittos. Fine work on spacing and mix-ups. Well played, mate; ggs.

^-^

Gator

Smash Cadet
I fought some totally on point people last night on for glory (on wii u) and I really hope I can find these guys on here.

KALAKOO - ive never seen a good :4kirby: player online before. and you weren't just good, you were AMAZING. That one chain grab thing you did was on point! you totally destroyed me XD and yellow Kirby is the best Kirby!

Shadow (it was both your mii name and player name) - you're like the most competent :4fox: player ive ever seen on fg. You also played a really good Ike, and someone else too who isn't coming to my mind right now. but I remember every character you played, you played the black alt. color version of them. but you got skills man.

and finally Ccell - iirc you played :4ness: , and I think you switched to olimar and then lucina? maybe? and we had a lot of matches together. thank you for putting up with my garbage skills for as long as you did lol. you were fun to play with :)

LyonDRC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LyonDRC
I just played a Zeus on the Wii U FG mode. He used Green Megaman and Black Sheik. If you're reading this, HEY! Great matches :3 I was the Red Marth and Sleeping Hat Jigglypuff, I really liked playing against you :D But why did you SD'd on that last match :(?

P.S. I didn't meant to disrespect with my Shield Breaker and not doing a Tipper. The thing is that I have a self-rule that I can't try to do a second Fsmash tipper if I miss my first one when I break a shield T_T

JNET

Smash Cadet
NNID
Traeks
Hey, someone found me! Your ZSS was really good.

Playing you, I felt you had a strong hold of the matchup. You used your range and whip well to keep me out, and you had good awareness of the Rest threat at all times. I'm always looking for it, so I could tell you did an amazing job of being offensive while respecting that option.

I did feel like an idiot every time I shielded a stun shot and would instinctively roll away only to have you dash grab me. I have to remember to roll in against ZSS if I'm going to roll. You use down-B very well offstage also. I remember thinking, "This guy's got even better recovery than I do!" I may have pulled an extra couple games at the end, but I never once felt like the better player. Very tight battles! GGs.
Sweet! Good to find someone on SB! Ya I knew you were looking for those rests cause you destroyed me a couple times with them, haha. I remember missing a grab I thought you'd FF to the ground and instead jooked me into a sleep. I was like.. oh man he means some business with those sleeps. LOL

It is good you recognize the Roll grab option ZSS has, just be careful not to roll too much into ZSS either though, a good option for opponents rolling in for ZSS Down Smash, quick easy stun that will lead into heavy punishes (I'm bad at remembering these but working on it). Your aerial angles were really spot on though, it made it really hard to approach as f-air wasn't an option, n-air is angled down, and you come on top so I either gotta float or back off some, and b-air isn't an option since Jiggs is low or too high with aerial. I need to poke more with my Z aerials. You really made me work and adjust on my options though, and I needed that practice.

GGs again bud, tight matches like you said, kept things heated each stock!

Oak~

Smash Rookie
just fought a captain falcon on for glory 3ds named jonathan you taunted show me your moves when i spammed arrows so we went at it close quarters. i went by oak playing link that was a great game your spacing is insane i really thought itd be your match, thank god for perfect pivoting and turn cancel f tilts otherwise you cant keep up with the falcon! lets play again!

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I just played against a Rosalina/Wario player who was named "Wazza" from UK and I was playing as Captain Falcon and R.O.B.

You are easily one of the best players i have encountered online! I could tell you had extremely good knowledge about playing Rosalina and i learnt alot about the matchup!

It was fun playing against you and i felt we were on the same level so if you see this just tell me if you wanna fight again! :D

Last edited:

Cincoosaan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cincoosaan
3DS FC
2105-8727-3212
I'm a ROB player named Heisenberg (inspired by Breaking Bad). I've challenged more 2000 battles on 1 v 1 For Glory and has an 86% rating total. Hit me up if you know me and want to challenge!

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I said it in the room but good games @ BlazedMike95 BlazedMike95 .
They were really fun and mostly lag free until last match it went downhill.
I was hoping you'd go yoshi to show my nooby one some tricks but it's alright, thanks for the matches.
For reference I was Hyper using Cyan G&W, Red Kirby, and Dark Blue Yoshi.

Last edited:

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
I said it in the room but good games @ BlazedMike95 BlazedMike95 .
They were really fun and mostly lag free until last match it went downhill.
I was hoping you'd go yoshi to show my nooby one some tricks but it's alright, thanks for the matches.
For reference I was Hyper using Cyan G&W, Red Kirby, and Dark Blue Yoshi.
Oh, you're on the forums. :p Yeah, I saw the GG, but I had already chosen my character, so I guess I'll say it here. GGs. Your Yoshi is definitely not nooby. I actually saw some stuff that I could steal learn to use with my Yoshi, but I did see the struggle against my Pacman. On the other hand, your G&W and Kirby were the best I've come across so far in FG. If you wanna add me, you can.

Last edited:

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
Just played a guy named mjbeast. Pretty solid characters you got there!! If you ever get to read this, please add me, by all means!!

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
@ItoI6 - Consider me impressed. Legit Diddy & Sheik and then ended with a long (and terribly annoying) Mega Man ditto. Would love more games in the future. First person I've seen with a legit ledge trumping game, which was really cool to see/experience.

Sent you a friend request after the games. Played Mega (if that wasn't already clear).

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
Shout out to ROCK-DJ!! Sick ass Megaman!! I wanted more from your Sonic though. Sucks you left. D:

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to Cavalier. I'm guessing you're on the forums because you said "SMASH BRD?" through the name tags. I was [SB]Mike. Really good sportsmanship and a pretty good :4megaman: as well. GGs.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Shoutouts to Cavalier. I'm guessing you're on the forums because you said "SMASH BRD?" through the name tags. I was [SB]Mike. Really good sportsmanship and a pretty good :4megaman: as well. GGs.
Is that your ds name too?

Sounds familiar, my ds names MOM

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Yep. [SB]Mike for 3DS & Wii U. I think I remember getting matched with you. Which characters do you use?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... I actually think I might have played you on 3DS at some point too Mike. Name is Fromundman and I play Megaman/Pacman/Ganon

Top Bottom