• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I was fighting this amazing Palutena player a few days ago. This person only used Palutena and fought my Zelda, Shiek, Marth, Wii-Fit Trainer, and Shulk. I got 2 stocked in every fight. Can't remember the name but if that player is you and you see this, I want you FC.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Palutena is no good for tea-bagging. Her crouch animation is too slow.
Shout out to Renee. That Robin Mirror Match was intense. I had fun.
Also shoutout to Alpha for being the best Sonic I've ever seen. It was an honor to get my ass kicked by you, mate.
How are you guys seeing from where these people are from?

Akuryou

Smash Cadet
Dakota -- I had a blast playing Lucario vs Sheik for a good two hours, you were awesome.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Trying to tag users you met in online matches might help you find them. They might just have a Smashboards account. You can also do a name search through the search function, look in the Member section for the name, or even do a name search with your username to see if they mentioned you. I do name searches all the time to see if anyone used my username without tagging me. You might find your ghost smashers more easier if you try those.

Nym

Smash Rookie
NNID
rayneism
3DS FC
5172-2222-3890
I'm lurking For Glory under the name "Nym".
Often times I parade around with Daisy!Peach, but lately I've been jumping around between White!Marth, Pink!RosaLuma, and Black!Palutena.

If you've played me, hit me up! I'd love to chit chat.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Just played a bunch of matches against a fellow that went by the tag of Sir (Dylan, I'm assuming,) who played mostly ZSS, but also played Sonic, ROB, and Link.
If you're here, I was the one who played mostly Breast Cancer Awareness C. Falcon and a ton of other characters I have no idea to play. GGs, dood, some really fun times were had, and hope to run into you again.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Just played against some guy named Phil who plays Samus. Back and forth matches against my Mega Man, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. Pretty sure he won the majority. Not sure how to fight Samus as I had a lot of difficulties. Had to leave after the last match though. I clearly need more match up experience.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Did anyone else namesearch after seeing this thread was a thing?

Anyway, I want to give shoutouts to a Ness called Scraket, a Robin called Dr. Slash and a Paletuna called A.W.T.
GGs to all of you guys!

I've hit this guy too!
He literally refused to fight me until I got a life lead, at which point he got very aggressive, then started running again as soon as we had even stocks.
I beat him before the time ran out twice before he quit.
You can find Scraket here on this forum. I've played his Lucas in brawl and P:M.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Just played someone named dark:lor.. (I assume it's dark:lord ..something?) who had a pretty badass Lucina against my Lucario. It took me four to five matches to figure out how to beat him/her. Good job! Had to go to work though, actually I'm late.. I just couldn't leave without figuring out how to beat him/her..

If you're here let's exchange friend codes!

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Ey yo, anyone here called splashgod on For Glory 1v1s who plays Falcon and Black Dr. Mario? Nice Doc mirrors and matches, good stuff! I need to polish my Doc a bit.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Fantastic games to M! Your Zelda was amazing, one of the best I've fought so far. I was the Marth named "Defalt" and most of our matches ended with Sudden Deaths. :D
Ha! That's me!

GGs! I really enjoyed them! Also awesome marth too *thumbsup*

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
My mii's name is Tharja and I usually play as Shulk but I also play Olimar, Dark Pit and Robin. This two players were fun to play with: WillxVenus, Goku. I had fun playing with ya guys =D. And sorry willxvenus... I was called and the idle disconnection disconnected me D:.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
KingArc, good games to you. Your reads are really good, but I absolutely hate your campy MegaMan play style.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I played against a Luigi called baron and holy ****ing **** did he kick my ass.
If you read here then your Luigi is amazing, it was a ton of fun fighting against you (even if i lost horribly most of the time).

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
"Hamburg...", normally I enjoy playing Marth vs. Lucina, but your lag made it damn unbearable. Come back if you get better internet, I'd like to give you a proper match.

Intero

Smash Cadet
I have put [SB] in front my my Mii name so people know I am on smashboards, maybe this could catch on to other players so we know they are on smashboards?

wafer123

Smash Rookie
Played against a zss player named Ryoko for like 3-4 hours today? GGs man I think the final score between my fox and your zss was a little in my favor and the rest of my chars u bopped lol. Anyways would love to play you again sometime you're definitely the best zss ive ever played against. Also shoutouts to someone named bones, a bowser i played against a while back lol. You were really good too. If you cant remember my ign was landolakes

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Thanks for kicking my *** with Jiggs, and for those awesome L vs D matches. ( KI:U is a real thing after all )
Keep on practicing with Dark Pit, he has good moves:4falcon:
I was the default Pit named Poyo.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Shoutouts to Phones. That was some Shulk you had there.

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Cripes! This blew up a LOT faster and bigger than I thought! I go away for a while, playing my Smash and being an overworked and underpaid scrub, and come back to twenty-six freaking pages. Bloody hell!

I'm so thrilled everyone's having a blast looking for (and even finding! *squee!*) their opponents here! Hopefully this thread only helps tie together this wonderful Smash community we have going on. Huzzah for us all!

I wish I'd been around more; it would have made the prospect of adding everyone's names to the OP a whole lot easier. I can see I've got a lot of work ahead of me (not to mention all the work I still have going on in meatspace) and it may take a while, but I can certainly give it a shot the moment I'm able to.

Anyone who wants to help in this endeavour would be very appreciated, and I think I can narrow down the effort for everyone involved! If you -- yes, that's right: YOU! -- would like to help me sort out the OP with names and characters, then make a post in-thread with one (that's right, just one!) page you'd like to collect data from. I'll have you message me privately with the list once you have it, and then I can copy-paste it into the first post. All I need are the name of the person, their character, their opponent and their opponent's character. Spreading the work makes it easier for everyone.

Thanks again everyone who's supporting the thread and the community. I look forward to bair-ing you all to death in For Glory!

Flameduck

Smash Cadet
Gabriel, had a fun time with you. I was a Dark Blue Kirby, you were Green? Was on For Fun and I got DC'd. Had a really nice time, tho.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Cripes! This blew up a LOT faster and bigger than I thought! I go away for a while, playing my Smash and being an overworked and underpaid scrub, and come back to twenty-six freaking pages. Bloody hell!

I'm so thrilled everyone's having a blast looking for (and even finding! *squee!*) their opponents here! Hopefully this thread only helps tie together this wonderful Smash community we have going on. Huzzah for us all!

I wish I'd been around more; it would have made the prospect of adding everyone's names to the OP a whole lot easier. I can see I've got a lot of work ahead of me (not to mention all the work I still have going on in meatspace) and it may take a while, but I can certainly give it a shot the moment I'm able to.

Anyone who wants to help in this endeavour would be very appreciated, and I think I can narrow down the effort for everyone involved! If you -- yes, that's right: YOU! -- would like to help me sort out the OP with names and characters, then make a post in-thread with one (that's right, just one!) page you'd like to collect data from. I'll have you message me privately with the list once you have it, and then I can copy-paste it into the first post. All I need are the name of the person, their character, their opponent and their opponent's character. Spreading the work makes it easier for everyone.

Thanks again everyone who's supporting the thread and the community. I look forward to bair-ing you all to death in For Glory!
The most updated list you'll get is on page 12 I think it was where someone was keeping a list, but then stopped after some time.

LckyAce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LckyAce
3DS FC
0533-4950-3798
Anyone named "TaxMan"? I battled him and we did a lot a Mario dittos. I wanted to do a Game & Watch ditto because he was good with G&W aswell and I wanted to see how good I am with G&W, but he left.. :(

My name is LckyAce

Last edited:

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Just played a few sets with a fellow that went by the name of "Lukey." Played a lot of Yoshi and a bunch of other characters. I was the Pink C. Falcon/Wolf Fox player named Nick, if you're here. Really sorry I had to cut it short, I have work soon. But regardless, most fun games I've had in a long time. Thanks, man, gg.

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
If anyone has seen a Bowser named Lonk, XD. Would have like to see you again, I was that friendly shulk.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Just fought someone named Harmony (the rest of the name was cut off) who had an amazing ZSS and Pikachu. We played tons of matches, and I lost most of them. It was great to fight you! GGs!

EDIT: Just did a search for the name and found them on here. Should've done that before posting...

Last edited:

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to NN. Really good Sheik and Mario. Our first match of WFT vs. Sheik was a great one. GGs.

Still Alive

Smash Rookie
Might as well give this a shot, although I doubt anyone will recognize me. My name is "Brian u..." online. Props to Ashley and other good sparring partners.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Faced "Nick" just now. He's a really good and versatile player. We faced off for a while but he usually won. I started out with just Shulk and kept losing so I went to Mario. I did better with Mario, but he accommodated. hen I switched to Village and me vs his Lucario we went to Sudden Death. I vsed Link against his Olimar and basically won that (probably would have even if it didn't go sudden death). I had to go though. I learned a lot from this Nick though.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Hi~
Just finished playing a bunch of For Glory matches tonight since I originally only played 9 matches in which I won 7, which I decided to leave alone since my Win % became 77.77% when I'm known for being lucky among my friends.
Tonight I felt like playing some more though; 38 more matches which I won all of that brought me up to 95.74%. I know many people have done better but I'm happy with what I've accomplished~
I usually like to cycle between characters but tonight I felt like just going on a little :4peach: spree. I kept playing as her Default skin with my name as "TBLily"; shoutouts to those I faced during that spree.

Two players I remember from the top of my head were...

"Knoxville" (I think that was the full name; the name was too long so in the Replay it's "Knoxvil...") who played quite a few matches against me as :4pikachu:, who I haven't seen played much lately so it was nice to see,

and
"Kelvin" who played as :4yoshi:, :4wiremac:, and :4greninja:.

Thank you for the fun and generally lagless matches~

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
If anyone finds a good Dark Link main with the tag Sebastian, that's me. I might try to use other characters like Shulk, Marth, Ike, Cap. Falcon, and Ganon if I'm not really concerned about winning as much lol.

link2702

Smash Champion
my day is not complete until I've made at least one player rage quit:troll:

Anyhow to everyone else who wasn't that one player, GGs.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
Shoutout to Ariel earlier today for some fun matches. You may have used so many projectiles as Duck Hunt, but I can't call it spam when they're all so clearly thought out. I was the Yoshi/Rosalina/Mega Man player who B+Up'd when I meant to B+Over as Rosalina and threw away a perfectly good match.

Last edited:

ynomrahnsguht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HarmonyFlame
3DS FC
0387-8828-8761
Just fought someone named Harmony (the rest of the name was cut off) who had an amazing ZSS and Pikachu. We played tons of matches, and I lost most of them. It was great to fight you! GGs!

EDIT: Just did a search for the name and found them on here. Should've done that before posting...
^_^ thanks dude. GGs those were definitely some fun matches. NIce Zelda/Lucario also.

Top Bottom