• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to say, great games to an excellent player named "harlonga". You had an awesome set of characters, and I was impressed by your Mario in particular, as I think he shows good smash fundamentals. I was so stoked when I saw you playing Shulk, by the way. Trying to main him, and it's nice to see another after never seeing him in FG.
Oh yeah, and the Little Mac dittos were a blast.

Last edited:

BigBowsa

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigBowsa
3DS FC
0044-3467-0578
I met a pretty good ZSS/Sheik/Peach player today by the name of theJUICE I'd like to give a shoutout to. I have no idea why our connection was so bad after you finally switched back to ZSS (I actually moved closer to my modem in an attempt to fix the pausing but it was replaced with even MORE input lag) but it was SO much fun, man.

also if a dude by the name of (I think it was) Yei comes here you did a damn fine job of bodying me with that metaknight, yo.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You can find Scraket here on this forum. I've played his Lucas in brawl and P:M.
Awesome thank you! I'd put a post about it immediately after we played in the Ness GD but hadn't heard back. Now that I know he is here (Not sure why I never thought to namesearch him) I'll try to hit him up again.

Joshua Raybuck

Smash Rookie
NNID
JRock
3DS FC
2380-3594-5080
Alex as Megaman...well played sir...well played

I played against a guy named Dylan, he was scary. I don't remember if I beat him, lost, or tied, but whatever the case may have bee n, he was not an easy dude to fight.
I think I played a Dylan earlier tonight, who was switching characters, he was terryifying

MrXilas

Smash Rookie
So, I found the first person on For Glory I want to keep playing with, albeit not with records on the line. Raine, if you are out there, I was the one who used Ike, Lucina, and Dark Pit not order and then proceeded to get my *** kicked. So, I busted out Robin, who was dusty on For Glory and proceeded to go 2-0 against you as Robin, followed by a loss as Dark Pit. I busted out Robin for two more matches and won.

TLDR: Played a crap ton of matches against a really good Robin player who forced me to up my Robin game. It's rare to see a Robin, never mind a good one. PM me if you find this, Raine.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
To Dell from Sweden; I think you're the one who stayed the most in our FF group, and you have a pretty good DK and G&W from the little I saw there. I was ☆Sassy, and didn't mean to leave after that single win.. I got communication error'd. Eugh. I was gonna stay until I lost again so I could leave, since I feel like a sorry sore when I leave after a single win. GGs though, bro.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
To the Zelda player who just played me for about 3 hours by the name of Pfantasm (I assume, it showed up as Pfantas ... on my screen), holy **** GGs! By far the best player I've hit in For Glory so far and you taught me a lot about the Zelda MU.

Please give me your FC so we can play again. Even though I lost most of those (And oh boy I was getting salty on some of them), they were a lot of fun and really hype.
Those triple spike gimps may have been the coolest things I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Jarb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4897-6167-0433
Just played a really fun Mega Man who also played as Sheik and Link briefly; their name was Locke 06. I was Peach in the fire costume the entire time with the name Jacob. I'm not a great player, but it's always nice to get challenging matchups in for glory.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Just played a really fun Mega Man who also played as Sheik and Link briefly; their name was Locke 06. I was Peach in the fire costume the entire time with the name Jacob. I'm not a great player, but it's always nice to get challenging matchups in for glory.
He is on the Mega Man forum !
:p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
@ Locke 06 Locke 06

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I suppose I've seen my fair share of players these days, both local and international, my name on there isn't too different, just "Phoenix", I'll take preference over a red Dark Pit, Robin, and occasionally ZSS... recently I've taken up Shulk as well... not a whole lot of matches I'd consider extraordinary, though if i do find one, I'll save it as a replay.

lots of Little Macs, I've found I don't face certain fighters nearly enough in comparison, namely the floaty ones like Peach and Jigglypuff... who give me trouble... what's up with that?

BBC7

Smash Ace
He's on this website. Me, him, and a few other guys discuss Mega Man on these forums.

mistermoo33

Smash Rookie
I played a Mega Man named Monty earlier, he was pretty solid I thought, though I couldn't find him on the subforum.

KanjiGames

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kanji12
Is there a Ness mail called Alan?
I've soo much Fun right now

Edit: I had to go :8 had some funny Ness mirror matches.
My win/loose ratio does now really suck xD but it was totally worth it.
My ingame Name was Mani

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yup. That'd be me. Iunno. I thought you were pretty good. I don't face peaches all that much and it was late, but the matches we were having were so much fun and I wanted to learn the matchup so I just kept playing. Learned a ton from our matches (like how peach can still pull Mr. Saturn and break a shield w/one throw, and how the FAir has a deceptively good range & is safe on shield in addition to doing 15%). I'm working on a sheik and link, but whenever I play them, I miss having MegaMan's quick kill moves. If you want more games, let me know.

PS: don't put yourself down saying you're not a great player. You held your own quite well and picked up on a lot of my Mega Man tricks towards the end of our matches (ex. You started edge guarding me successfully). As far as I'm concerned, those are marks of a great player in my book. Just keep learning the game. :)

Minordeth

Smash Ace
To a player named Aizakku (I think), you made me sweat a little more than I'd like to admit. I was a little bummed to see you switch from projectile characters to counter characters to try to punish my Mac. You seemed more comfortable with projectile characters and your Ness was fun to play against.

Also, from yesterday, to a player named Claire. Your DK is a beast. Literally and figuratively.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I fought somebody named Richard, he was pretty good. It took me a while to figure out that aerial approaches didn't work against him. He actually kind of pissed me off with his skill. (And his taunts)

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Shoutouts to "AJ" who ended my :4peach: winning spree with his :4dedede: on For Glory.
I also remember playing with someone with a name like "☆Zaid☆" who played :4megaman:, :4marth:, :4link:, and :4wario2:. I don't remember if you were also playing as :4pacman: or not, but if you were, then my explanation for suddenly being :4bowser: in the last match is that I meant to leave the room after having a phone call from someone but didn't exit in time, so the game chose a random character for me, lol.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Ray if you post here: stop running away every time we get matched up. I'm two or three more matches from figuring out that lame gimmick, you won't win next time.

supercoolmayo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-5095-7782
Played this dude named Leo, wrecked him in 10 games. Then, for some reason he went into a another math, and I was stuck waiting for him.

Another thing, I got kicked out for idling. I was spamming arrows, but apparently I never moved. Thats stupid

Chakra-X

Smash Cadet
I just got done getting my ass handed by a "MetaKnight" skin Kirby, dude goes by the name of Old Rat. Even over wifi, knows how to power shield all of my approaches and counter attack, with precision Back Airs. I felt like I could beat you but you left after two matches :(

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I'm using this thread to find some guy named "Life" who I teamed up with in For Fun Teams.
First match I was Marth and he was ROB. 2nd match, I was Marth and he was blue Marth (because we were previously blue team.) Only catch was...we were on different teams this time! Sorry I wrecked you :(

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Want to make a shout out to a player by the name of "Rex". We just now had some great matches; he/she played as Lucina, Dr. Mario, and someone else (I think). In case you see this Rex, I played as Falco, Mega Man, Duck Hunt, Luigi, and Little Mac (that's when you left for some reason). You were truly an amazing smasher to go up against, and hopefully you see this.

Zero Suit Roxas

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeBabbo
3DS FC
0748-1742-4057
I fought this person named aNdOn1 and he was amazing on all three characters he played as. My first match was my :rosalina: against his :4zss:, since I was toying around with her. He beat me so soundly it hurt, so I switched to my main, :4zss:. It was the two Zero Suits fighting against each other and it was really challenging but I won. While he was flying into a KO in the background he disconnected, noticeable by the unexpected lag and how he was already gone when I left the results menu. Even if he rage-quit in the middle of my game, he was a really great player.

PND

Smash Champion
Figured I'd toss this out here, if anyone runs into me (PND) and I *don't* lead with Green Hat Jiggs, it's not me. My DS is used on a pretty communal basis.

If I do lead with Jiggs, I tend to switch characters quite a bit afterward. Shouts to Jun who I played the other night, solid Yoshi. Slippery as hell, had to completely rethink all my followups.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
Shout-outs to Sarabish. Very solid Marth and Lucina. ggs

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I just played an awesome person called Gage. If you're here, I was the green Sheik who also played green R.O.B and Luigi. You were an awesome player and I especially liked your Kirby. I really hope I can find you here, because there was a connection error and I want your FC to play more matches.

By the way, if anyone sees a
Sonny online, likely playing as green Sheik, green R.O.B, or green Luigi, that is me.

Jarb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4897-6167-0433
Yup. That'd be me. Iunno. I thought you were pretty good. I don't face peaches all that much and it was late, but the matches we were having were so much fun and I wanted to learn the matchup so I just kept playing. Learned a ton from our matches (like how peach can still pull Mr. Saturn and break a shield w/one throw, and how the FAir has a deceptively good range & is safe on shield in addition to doing 15%). I'm working on a sheik and link, but whenever I play them, I miss having MegaMan's quick kill moves. If you want more games, let me know.

PS: don't put yourself down saying you're not a great player. You held your own quite well and picked up on a lot of my Mega Man tricks towards the end of our matches (ex. You started edge guarding me successfully). As far as I'm concerned, those are marks of a great player in my book. Just keep learning the game. :)
Thank you for the kind words. I don't consider myself a particularly competitive or hardcore player, but I'm interested in learnings the ins and outs of the game more is what I meant to say. Added you, my FC is on my profile now. I play Sheik too, but Peach is more fun, plus Sheik is harder for me to play with online lag.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Thank you for the kind words. I don't consider myself a particularly competitive or hardcore player, but I'm interested in learnings the ins and outs of the game more is what I meant to say. Added you, my FC is on my profile now. I play Sheik too, but Peach is more fun, plus Sheik is harder for me to play with online lag.
Added back. Also, welcome to Smashboards. I'm new to the competitive scene/still am not sure how competitive I want to be, but I'm interested in learning more about the game and just getting better in general. Because who doesn't want to get better? :p

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
[quote="GreenFlame,
By the way, if anyone sees a Sonny online, likely playing as green Sheik, green R.O.B, or green Luigi, that is me.[/quote]

I feel like I ended up playing against you earlier today, but I'm not sure..I go by Durock onlibe, I play a green Kirby and I'm learning a Mister Saturn shirt. Ness.. I all I know is I had a lot of fun against a good ROB. Won a few times, by then lost the last few matches.

Last edited:

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
just played a few matches against someone named Justin on For Glory, he used Zelda, Sonic, and ZSS, I had a lot of fun, and would love to play you more, your ZSS is tough for me!

I used Yoshi, and Fox on the last match.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
By the way, if anyone sees a Sonny online, likely playing as green Sheik, green R.O.B, or green Luigi, that is me.

I feel like I ended up playing against you earlier today, but I'm not sure..I go by Durock onlibe, I play a green Kirby and I'm learning a Mister Saturn shirt. Ness.. I all I know is a hot a lot of fun against a goodROB. Won a few times, by then lost the last few matches.
It's possible, but I don't really remember fighting a green Kirby. Do you remember if it was For Fun or For Glory and if it was 1-on-1? Like I said, I kind of doubt it as I don't really remember fighting a green Kirby. I do play Sheik and Luigi as well, if that helps you remember.

EDIT: I also don't really remember fighting a Ness. Not sure though.

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
I played in For Glory today 1v1, though I have run into a Sonny in For Fun before, who using Luigi.

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I played in For Glory today 1v1, though I have run into a Sonny in For Fun before, who using Luigi.
It's possible the Luigi was me. I don't do For Fun that often but when I do I'm more likely to be playing Luigi than if I'm doing For Glory as I'm not as good with Luigi as I am with Sheik and R.O.B.

Top Bottom