• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

XakYm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XakYm09
3DS FC
0018-0121-2348
たけのにこはん (I hope I got that right) we just played like 10 Rosetta and Chiko matches. I was Ty. I don't know if you even speak English but I would love your friend code! Those matches were amazing.
Did his name have a "2" at the end ? if so I just played him, he mains a black Rosalina. Pretty good player.

Jabzilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jabzilla
3DS FC
3007-8178-1682
I normally play as a blue Falco online with the name "Jab". I might switch it up to ZSS, Falcon, Yoshi, Shiek.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Last night fought the best player i've seen on for glory yet. their name was just --------------, but they used villager like i have never seen villager used before, they also had the best Wario, Marth and Sheik i've seen. If you're out there man, those were the most fun for glory matches i've ever had and would love your friend code.

oh and i'm a peach main, in game its Awe-Cake.

Last edited:

ynomrahnsguht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HarmonyFlame
3DS FC
0387-8828-8761
Can't remember the names of anyone I've played really. There was a good ZSS/Pikachu player earlier named Harmony or something I think. In any case, name's Netherfall and I play Bowser/Mario at the moment.
Sup dude that was me. Feel free to add me sometime if you want to play.

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
To Storm07:

Thank you for proving Darwin wrong. Had natural selection been true, your ancestors would have died in a cave somewhere several thousand years ago. At the very least, I hope you will not be able to poison future generations with your utterly worthless genetic material.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
To Slice:
You are without a doubt the best Yoshi I came across online.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Thanks to Alex for the Sonic and Pikachu fights. You're really good though, this is exactly why I want some kind of messaging system; I would have loved to hear tips on how to improve :/

BBC7

Smash Ace
Just played against a guy named "SHADE_" who used :4sheik: very well. Shout out to him!
I know this is an old comment, but I actually fought that guy last night. I actually 1-1'd his Sheik and beat any other character he threw at me. He was very skilled, I didn't have an easy time with that win. I would have liked to continue fighting him but I had to go to sleep. (I'm Andi the Mega Man player)

He could've been that Captain Falcon that destroyed me and left right away, although I'm 80% sure SHADE_ was a Sheik player that stuck around.

Last edited:

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
JRilla, if you ever show up in this thread, I really enjoyed playing you. Those Lucina dittos that we played were great.

I go by Afro Man, so if you see me online I will be here.
Not sure if you remember me but I was an Ike player that fought you a few days ago. It was only two games but your Lucina was pretty good and gave me a challenge.

Good games.

CronoT

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5258-0756-3494
You may have run into me if you played against a Blue Super Metroid-Style Zero Suit Samus or Dark Link. I simply go by my first name, Todd. I played as Link since Gen 1, & I added Zero Suit Samus in Brawl. I'm glad both of them have gotten some well-deserved buffs.

Flameduck

Smash Cadet
Had a fun game with Samuel from Switzerland, RRAmando from France, and Jenseen in New Jersey on For Fun. Was Blue Kirby, last stage I played on before DCing was Mushroomy Kingdom.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to a guy named Jeffrey. Best Mega Man I've ever seen. You're pretty good with the other characters you used as well, but that Mega Man was very impressive. GGs.

MoHarp

Smashin' Bass Guitars
NNID
MoHarp
Switch FC
SW 3796 8060 8415
Played against another Marth Player with 4 of the same Katakana letters lined up as their name. Looked at my Mii plaza to see my recent players and found someone named, ユウキ. I think it's pronounced Youki or Yuuki. But hey, wherever you are, great stuff. I had fun playing another Marth. You have good defense game too!

otter

Smash Ace
I got scrubbed out by a Pit player named Jared who ran the clock to get to sudden death when he was down by over 100%. He was good enough to know actual rules too. still beat him 5-1 but it irked me for some reason.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
Just fought a guy named Zero from Switzerland, and he was hands-down the best player I've fought so far. He played Fox really well!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To Storm07:

Thank you for proving Darwin wrong. Had natural selection been true, your ancestors would have died in a cave somewhere several thousand years ago. At the very least, I hope you will not be able to poison future generations with your utterly worthless genetic material.
I said this earlier in the thread as well in the OP. Using this thread as a chance to troll/flame other users that you encountered online will result in warnings and/or infractions. If you have nothing constructive to say, then keep it to yourself. You have been given a warning. The next time will be an infraction so keep this in mind.

Last edited:

TheGingerRussian

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGingerRussian
3DS FC
1504-5955-1641
I cry out for a Mario much superior to my own who went by the name DREAMR. Teach me your ways, oh wise one.

I also would like to search for a Link who went by Qizi. You have potential, good sir/madam.

I was the purple cladded Mario that went by the oh so simple name of Lee.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Fantastic games to M! Your Zelda was amazing, one of the best I've fought so far. I was the Marth named "Defalt" and most of our matches ended with Sudden Deaths. :D

link2702

Smash Champion
damn no one ran into me yet? :<

anyhow ggs/frustrating games to a sonic player named Sebastian...(think that was it..)

clearly you were a sonic main from brawl, as you knew all the tricks, including the one I couldn't pull off on you when I picked my sonic <.<; grabbing you out of your spring. More frustrating for me was how I am still used to brawl pit, thinking he has his WoI special from it, I keep getting into the habit of trying to use it closer to the ledge but instead I forget that the new one won't do that if you're too close and will just fly on by it.

v1 NinJa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Afro Man
3DS FC
4296-2985-3558
Not sure if you remember me but I was an Ike player that fought you a few days ago. It was only two games but your Lucina was pretty good and gave me a challenge.

Good games.
I actually do remember playing you. I had to cut it short because I played many matches beforehand. Good games to you too.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Was fighting some guy going by the name Dexter online who used a really good Shulk, Marth and Robin, against my own Samus for the former two and Robin respectively. If you see this by any chance, seriously, good games.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
pianO sounds familar, so just posting the name in this thread to see if anyone knows.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
I remember playing some dude named Doug several times who was a true bro with his Captain Falcon play.

And I countered his Zelda teleports like a madman as Marth. RIP.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Whoever's the :4megaman: Player named (Dot)(Star)Xia? shoutouts for putting up with my scrubby-ass :4ness:. Didn't expect a MegaMan after not playing for like 10 days. Though I'll admit, lag was really dumb at times.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Maybe not shoutouts, but at least recognition to a Zelda going MMGXX90. You played extremely campily but patiently. I only won the two matches that went to time. I went by Atoyont and used ROB and G&W. You showed me what a defensive beast Zelda can be.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Just got done playing someone named bipbop. That was the best Charizard I've seen on FG yet! It's also the only one I've fought that hasn't spammed Flare Blitz, lol. GGs!

BBC7

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, any Shulk here by the name of Gabriel? We had a pretty entertaining Ganon ditto which ended in me Flame Choking off the stage. Pretty fun times.

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
Kudos to Nyce for playing Little Mac like a Jigglypuff, but utterly wrecked me with Zelda characters, sorry for the lag last match lol.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Played against an awesome Charizard. I got to see his potential as a character. The player was mannu. GGs

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Okay, who's the ***hole named Dylan who kicked my ass with Diddy, Shulk, Peach, and even my own main, Jigglypuff?

Nice job, man. Don't think I've ever played against someone that good. That one Shulk match was sooooooooo close. Intense stuff. I would love to play against you again some time. I was Bradley, by the way; I mostly played as ribbon Jiggs.

Though I won the first match with Larry so ha ha ha you lost one just joking love you <3

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Okay, who's the ***hole named Dylan who kicked my *** with Diddy, Shulk, Peach, and even my own main, Jigglypuff?

Nice job, man. Don't think I've ever played against someone that good. That one Shulk match was sooooooooo close. Intense stuff. I would love to play against you again some time. I was Bradley, by the way; I mostly played as ribbon Jiggs.

Though I won the first match with Larry so ha ha ha you lost one just joking love you <3
I played against a guy named Dylan, he was scary. I don't remember if I beat him, lost, or tied, but whatever the case may have been, he was not an easy dude to fight.

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
If there's a Brian from Arizona in the house, those were some GGs. Enjoyed playing against your falcon, peach, Mario, and marth.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Did anyone else namesearch after seeing this thread was a thing?

Anyway, I want to give shoutouts to a Ness called Scraket, a Robin called Dr. Slash and a Paletuna called A.W.T.
GGs to all of you guys!

I got scrubbed out by a Pit player named Jared who ran the clock to get to sudden death when he was down by over 100%. He was good enough to know actual rules too. still beat him 5-1 but it irked me for some reason.
I've hit this guy too!
He literally refused to fight me until I got a life lead, at which point he got very aggressive, then started running again as soon as we had even stocks.
I beat him before the time ran out twice before he quit.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Played a blue charizard named Z, shame on you for spamming flare blitz and you deserved that flare blitz suicide.

Top Bottom