• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
I'll use this in reverse... I am DaDavid online, if you see me and we have good matches feel free to drop me a PM.
I literally just got done playing against you lol. Anyways I just wanted to say GGs!

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Sieghart, thanks for the Pit vs Dark Pit fights, really useful mirror (sort of) matches. I need to learn how to edgeguard like that though :c

Kagetura

Smash Rookie
Kagetura here, Shiny Greninja main.

while im here might as well give MrBanh and rYuK a shout out, MrBanh for being a dam good Rosalina player, one of the very few ive encountered thats good at multitasking between him and Luma effectively and rYuK for being the only shulk i encountered that used shulk properly.

Last edited:

Rimz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Grimpuppet
I would like to make a shout of for 2 players i did play with today. Both of them were fun to fight and one of them were rly awesome!

Tekillah
Edmar

Great pkaying with you guys :)

I go by the name Rima(grimpuppet) if anyone have seen me xD plays fox o3o

Cheers!

Last edited:

v1 NinJa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Afro Man
3DS FC
4296-2985-3558
JRilla, if you ever show up in this thread, I really enjoyed playing you. Those Lucina dittos that we played were great.

I go by Afro Man, so if you see me online I will be here.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Is it narcissistic to check this thread for your name daily?

Shog

Smash Ace
Is it narcissistic to check this thread for your name daily?
Yes. And if your name didn't come up til now...well. You know what that means. Also I noticed a lot here a narcissitic saying only stuff like "My name is xxx" despite not being the point of this thread. Man the internet attracts the worse.

Also I had a great teammate in For Glory 2vs2 who played a lot with Ike. I forgot your name, but you understood how my Cherryzard works in TeamBattles. That was a lot of fun.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Yes. And if your name didn't come up til now...well. You know what that means. Also I noticed a lot here a narcissitic saying only stuff like "My name is xxx" despite not being the point of this thread. Man the internet attracts the worse.

Also I had a great teammate in For Glory 2vs2 who played a lot with Ike. I forgot your name, but you understood how my Cherryzard works in TeamBattles. That was a lot of fun.
Was you a white Charizard? This morning I had about 10 games with them, I was an Iggy. Chances are it wasn't you, I unintentionally never look at peoples names.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to a guy named Shaknowne. Best Villager I've seen so far. Those were some very good matches. GGs.

RWB

Smash Ace
Fought someone whose tag begun with ShadowZ... who used Lucina and was really good. I used several characters, but couldn't beat him or her. Would like friendcode!

Skylit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skylit
Quick Shout out to bertswing3, we had some amazing fun matches along with some awkward situations that ultimately led to epicness. Who knew dog hunt's can would bounce off the top of a dying peach' parasol and explode in the dogs face xD.

Great games man :b:, you reminded me there's still legit players out there, wish I stayed longer

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

To be fair there was a list being kept before which was made up of people who did not share the same name as their forum account in case people already met and did not know it or for confirmation of who is who, which is why people were listing their name but it seems to have died though.

Anyway though, CopShow...whatever the rest of your name is, you play a great megaman! Had fun in all those matches and was hilarious getting hit by a hard knuckle spike only to zoom back up to the stage with extreme speed while you were taunting!

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I am Iko, and I often use Kirby (I almost only play 1v1 for glory). Sometimes I use Link and Greninja also, or other characters when I want to try something new.
My win/lose rate is about 50%, that's because I'm still studying the strategies to beat all the characters, and I lose a lot of matches because of this. Today, I managed to defeat a decent Little Mac using Kirby, and it wasn't luck; I finally managed to counter most of his moves. Some characters like Olimar and Dedede are still a pain for me, but I'm searching for their weak points. Even Charizard is a pain using Kirby, I got killed by a noob that spammed B-side just because Kirby is too slow to avoid the attack, and dodging is impossible with the control delay; I can only shield but it ends with my shield broken.
Ironically, I have more problems with slow and heavy characters with big attack ranges than with fast characters like Sheik or Zero Samus.

Anyway, I don't play online very much I'm still completing some boring achievements in the single player mode, and I don't want to use hammers.

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
To the gyu called Ezreal : dat green Fox is amazing. 'nuff said. Keep playing online, people will love playing against you !
Fought this guy as well, he's quite good. Went down to final hit with ROB, then he got the UpSmash. :(
He's good a punishing, doesn't spam lasers like half of the foxes on for glory, reflected my lasers more than I'd care to admit. Good player.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I'm going to assume that the person I just faced was from SmashBoards due to the [SB] tag in their name. I don't know the full name but whoever had a name beginning with [SB]Waf, I was the Sonic you went up against just a few moments ago (Pira-tan). Sorry for the communication error, your Mario was pretty great. Good fights while they lasted.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
There's only room for popsofctow in my online name :(
Should I change my forum account name to match? What do you guys think?

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
Is there any way to see your most recent opponents without saving replays? I know I had a shoutout to give, but I completely forgot the name.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
There's only room for popsofctow in my online name :(
Should I change my forum account name to match? What do you guys think?
You could put that you go by popsofctow on multiplayer in your signature

SomeRandomDude

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4656-8984-3076
Fought someone called Zerbious, and not only did this person provide a great challenge, but they were also completely fair and in general great to fight.
I was actually wondering if there was such a thread after getting done fighting that person, heh.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I don't think so, ZRK. The only DHD's I've fought have had Japanese names.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I'm Ryan. You'll see me doing yellowish Sheik/unmasked Meta-Knight Kirby/Black Doc with the occasional SaltyMac™.

I also tend to do Jigglypuff shield suicides to herald in the end of a great string of matches, if I have to be done.

Send me a message if you have a good time playing me.

Last edited:

iNoobtacular

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1075-2152-6416
Is there a Shyo6 here?
We played a good amount of games.
You won 7 strait with Yohsi.
If you're here I'd really appreciate your friend code.
Quote me if you see this :p

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
I'm Jonathan online, I play For Glory 1 vs. 1.
I play Robin, Greninja, Ness, and Lucina.

If anyone who played me sees this give me a shoutout!

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
Quick Shout out to bertswing3, we had some amazing fun matches along with some awkward situations that ultimately led to epicness. Who knew dog hunt's can would bounce off the top of a dying peach' parasol and explode in the dogs face xD.

Great games man :b:, you reminded me there's still legit players out there, wish I stayed longer
Which game is in your signature?

I went against some yoshi player (on balloon fight stage) that had one match and then left...if you are going to scrub me, you need to stay and continually take me out until I don't have a single drop of dignity left THEN you leave. Whoever you are, you are doing it wrong.

Last edited:

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
Shoutout to N64Paul for daring to be Mario and DK when nobody else seems to want to be. I was the terrible Bowser that managed to break your shield and steal the win: Sorry 'bout that.

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Unless the name is simple it's hard for me to remember jaja. If you played me what char would you have used?
Bowser Jr, ROB and Jigglypuff. About the name, I would change it but it's my little sisters' 3ds...

Kagetura

Smash Rookie
No clue if your on here, but shout out to Lester, those were some insanely intense matches vs your Yoshi, i feel like i have a gift for adapting to people tho but u always kept me on my toes, made me do things i never even thought i could from pressure, would be nice to be able to add u and play again.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Shoutouts to someone named Bruce, who had a really solid Sheik. Those Sheik dittos were fun!

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Just got my ass handed to this really good greninja player by the name of whacka. I honestly had no clue what the **** I was doing and it was obvious that this guy knew the matchup against bowser jr. Good stuff man.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Just got my *** handed to this really good greninja player by the name of whacka. I honestly had no clue what the **** I was doing and it was obvious that this guy knew the matchup against bowser jr. Good stuff man.
I got this guy too. Got beat up pretty bad by him as well.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Shout out to a pikachu named darren, sorry I had to leave, but If we kept going I know I would have broken my 3DS from the speed of the inputs. Heck my hands are still shaking good matches :D

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
I'm going to assume that the person I just faced was from SmashBoards due to the [SB] tag in their name. I don't know the full name but whoever had a name beginning with [SB]Waf, I was the Sonic you went up against just a few moments ago (Pira-tan). Sorry for the communication error, your Mario was pretty great. Good fights while they lasted.

Yep, that's me. [SB] Waffle. GGs, (Pira-tan). Your Sonic's pretty dope. I was trying so hard to catch it.

Ink Foxclaw

Smash Rookie
たけのにこはん (I hope I got that right) we just played like 10 Rosetta and Chiko matches. I was Ty. I don't know if you even speak English but I would love your friend code! Those matches were amazing.

Last edited:

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Shout outs to Burrito(something). I read your full name but forget. You played Shulk, then Fox once, then a bunch of Sheik. Was awesome to see our matchups go from me 2 stocking you, to close matches, to you beating me with Sheik. I will totally take losses on my record to see a player progress like that and possibly helped you pick up a main.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
It warms my heart when I start tea-bagging and people pick it up and tea-bag me back. I'm talking about you Larry. Also, you're the first Diddy I've ever seen so I had no freaking idea what to do.

I also taught some Japanese guy to tea-bag. It's moments like those that I live for.

XakYm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XakYm09
3DS FC
0018-0121-2348
I go by the name of Xakym and Kid Xakym ("Kid Xak..." as displayed in game) I main a Blue Dedede and Megaman. I had fun matches with a guy named Noir who mained a Ganondorf, These co-op combos were awesome. I hope you see this message.

P.S I mainly go on 1v1 and Team for Glory.

Top Bottom