• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
Still haven't come across anyone I've played against in this thread :(

If anyone sees Patrick using Ganon or Ness (black shirt) that might be me

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Still haven't come across anyone I've played against in this thread :(

If anyone sees Patrick using Ganon or Ness (black shirt) that might be me
I have come across a Patrick using a black shirt Ness. Common name, so possibly someone else. Don't remember much apart from the black shirt Ness and Patrick part though.

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
I have come across a Patrick using a black shirt Ness. Common name, so possibly someone else. Don't remember much apart from the black shirt Ness and Patrick part though.
I guess I need a more unique name then lol. I have come across a lot of Patricks

AfroManGS

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3050-7721-8262
Anyone here named Julian? You were kicking my butt, but I ended up lagging out after a while.

My IGN is Julian (changed now to my name here) If I changed character every round maybe it was me, BTW what is your IGN maybe I remember you

EDIT: I use Pit (Pink) Capt. Falcon (Pink) Mario ('Murica) Dr. Mario (Black) Donkey Kong (Pink) Lucina (Cerche [Pink/Balck]) Marth (Golden/Roy) Luigi (Pink) Mr. G&W (Gray) LM (SNES) Fox (Yellow) Falco (Orange) Pac-Man (Alt) Ganondorf (Red) Link (SS) Shulk (White) Jiggly (Ribbon) ROB (Virtual Boy)

Last edited:

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413
haha yea ill be changing my name online then.
Since you use the black costume, you should totally call yourself BlackNess.

It's like a double-entendre or something! The best part is that it's also potentially derogatory!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Andrew who played a Black Sheik, there was lag issues on my end and I just wanted to let you know that I accept any losses that come my way (Sorry if this comes off as rude, I meant to say that I accept any losses that I have earned). I am not sure if the connection issue was on my end, but if it was then the win goes to you.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This will be added to the OP but I feel that some "rules" need to put into place since obviously the threads had been a bit bumpy as of late:

First off, there is 0 tolerance in terms of trolling and flaming in this thread. If you don't have anything good to say about a player you came across online or a user who posts here that in no way is constructive; then just don't say it. Tagging users deliberately to mock, insult, bash, trash, ridicule, or anything of that sort will result in warnings or infractions depending on past warning history. You can give constructive negative criticism without being an ass about it. If myself or a staff sees a user tagging someone just to troll them or calling out players because "You are unfair and cheap! **** YOU!" will result in warnings and/or infractions.

Secondly, this isn't a "For Glory Whine Fest". If you have criticism that in know way is productive for this thread, please use the Disappointments Thread ( http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb3d-disappointments-thread.367870/page-24 ). This thread also isn't for voicing disappointment for the game in general. This thread is not for you to complain, rage, and hurl insults at players you fought on For Glory. Doing so will result in warnings/infractions for spam. If you want to have a constructive discourse on problems with the "For Glory" mode, that is alright but posting a rant that it tantamount to a "rage fest" will be considered off-topic. Basically, keep it civil.

Lastly, please keep discussion on-topic. Character discussion and match ups are fine and dandy but keep the brunt of that discussion for the Character sub-categories. There are MU threads set up for the very purpose of discussing MU's.

Last edited:

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
Since you use the black costume, you should totally call yourself BlackNess.

It's like a double-entendre or something! The best part is that it's also potentially derogatory!
lmao thats awesome! wonder why i never thought of that..

Apple Jaxx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaxvex
3DS FC
3566-1709-4610
Played for about 2 hours against a guy named SUPER. Had a wide range of characters but was clearly good with Yoshi and Mario. Best sets I've had so far online.

Hopefully you see this man....

_pig

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pig
3DS FC
3609-2226-6761
Played with someone named abz for a little over an hour. I was the guy who played Yoshi the whole time against your Pikachu and Kirby. I'd love to play you again if you ever see this.

AfroManGS

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3050-7721-8262
I want to find

matt: he was using a ZSS (blue/alt) Pikachu (party hat) Toon Link (Blue)

GiGi: Little Mac (pink sweater) Sheik (black)

Derek: we have a Capt Falcon dittos cassually we choose the pink one

Popcorn: Falco (blue)

Sergio: he change character everyround but i like his Luigi (blue)

If you're here, GG's there were fun matches

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
Played a Lucina player who was whooping me pretyt good. Can't remember the exact name IxisNe.... something... I wish there was a friending or messaging system. I would have played more but gotta call it a night. Made me realize that the dtilt with Lucina/Marth is much better than I thought. I used to use it a lot in Melee but I thought the range got nerfed and didn't see much use for it until now.

lunarum

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4055-3233-5833
Stephen, who played a Rosalina & Luma along with Toon Link and Greninja. You are pretty much the coolest guy I've fought on For Glory mode. We were pretty even in skill levels and you answered my taunting. Not only that, but whenever you forgot to start the match with our gentlemanly exchange of taunts, you would let me get a first hit, in exchange for the damage I got.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Just finished a bunch of rounds vs V1ci0u5. Fun games dude. Props for not quitting after losing to Charizard like the 5 people before you.

Props to H●VA for the solid Falcon not quitting after losing to Charizard either. I wanna play you both again!

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Shiiiit.

Whoever was SILVER, that was a solid as **** charizard & wii fit trainer.

Played me like a fiddle most of those matches.

That internet disconnect tho ;_;

If you're around, I want to play you again sometime.

LittlePac

Smash Cadet
looking for a guy named Ranul (with a diamond character at the end of it). I was pacman.

First you played yoshi, and i was kicking your ass most of the match til I made a dumb mistake at the end and you killed me, then you switched to DHD and camped me, another close match, then I felt like you were trying to mock me by choosing progressively ****ty characters - wii fit trainer, then finally zelda. i narrowly lost to your painfully predictable WFT and then curb stomped you with a 100% combo against your zelda.

anyway, if you weren't taunting me, sorry, i felt like your character choices were a little cocky. you are a really good player and i'd like to play more with you, those were the most evenly matched and most fun games i've had online since I started playing this.

Last edited:

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
i think the guys name was tearbear and played diddy kong, i was not ready for that lol.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
To gordo. I really enjoyed our matches man. You were pretty fun to fight. Love how you stuck to Little Mac to try and beat me (no sarcasm). You need to watch out for people who'll bait your counters and then attack you. And you became predictable after being on the ledges as you'd jump when I was a slight distance away, and then you'd attack while I was near the ledge.

Really sorry I had to go as I really have to use the bathroom, plus it's getting late. I was the black dress Rosalina with the name Shania`. I'd love to fight you again.

ThaiMyShoes

Smash Rookie
To kuro...something haha couldnt see the full name. Those were some really fun games we just had, you were fox and wario I was mr.white - link and ganon

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
To the player named Wolverine :
You're my hero!
Thanks for waiting when I had to search a 3DS charger.
How about trading FCs ? I want a legit rematch :p

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Wonder if I've actually played against people in here...

Regardless if you're getting wrecked by a red Charizard named Eddie it's most likely me. ^.^

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
Played a good number of games against a "Mo" the other day, he was very good. I know he used Fox, Captain Falcon... I wanna say a third character but can't really remember. I think I used Peach and Greninja, maybe Sheik too. He won every game, a few were pretty close (except maybe the last game? I feel like I may have won... or maybe not, but I recall the last game being very close). Had to leave because my roommate wanted me to come take a shot lol.

Anyway if you're around I'd like to play again sometime, had a lot of fun even though I was losing.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I doubt anyone has legit found someone they've played with on here. However..
Played a black greninja who had a weird name last night. It was like knkqd, or qnqkd or something close, possibly the first one. Guy was probably the best I've played on FG. I was the scrubby purple Sonic called mike SF, only played two or three matches until my internet derped, you took the matches but all were really even.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So I don't know if anyone else knew this, but if you tap someones box thing with their name and placing and all that on the result screen, you can actually see their info card which has their Mii image, full name if you couldn't see it cause it was too long, location and there little greeting/info box thing. Would probably help people find each other, especially if we put our usernames or something related to Smashboards in the info box.

mangamusicfan

Dark lord
NNID
mangamusicfan
3DS FC
1891-2073-5876
Yust had a match with zac we had some great :4ganondorf: matches i hope you see this!
Whould be great to play with you again

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413
Fought a guy called Choro who mostly used Dedede/Greninja/Fox. Does anybody else know them?

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Just played an incredible set against a guy named darkfox. The best Falcon ditto I've played, I took the first and he took the second. Upset you didn't go Falcon in game three, but still a close match against your Yoshi. GGs

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Played a really good Yoshi named mike. Would have liked to play more, but our connection was dodgy on our last match...

RWB

Smash Ace
Looking for a blue little Mac named Straigus. Just couldn't conquer him.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Seriously, we need to find Mo. I played a single match against him (he left, likely because he pitied me lol) and his Fox is pretty amazing. And several other users have posted about him here as well, all complimenting his skill. Someone even put up a replay, and it was really cool.

So Mo. You kinda rock.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I just played some awesome matches with a guy named Kevin, who used Pac-Man, Dede and a mean Falcon. I was Ganondorf, Wario and Falcon!

Top Bottom