• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I faced a really good Samus player named ShiroΩ. He also played a good Zelda and Kirby. I was Ozin who played blue Zelda and Gravity Suit Samus. For anyone else that's curious, I also play white Zelda, Purple Palutena, and Purple Rosie sometimes.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Whoever Dudz is, those were fun games.

A lot of other good players but I'm **** at remembering names.

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
Changed my name to [SB] Waffle for online play.

Also picked up Blue Little Mac. Totally goes against my aerial strategy, but ill adapt.
In addition to my red Mario, blue Falcon, Dorf, black Fox, and pink DK.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So...that means that this whole thread was pointless?
Sometimes they still don't show up in the search cause maybe their mii is different form the miiverse one somehow, or they just don't have a miiverse account, or you can't message them cause they don't have a wii u. So there is still plently reason to have this thread.

Anyway, I just played a beast Link named Arcatek (or was it Arkatek, I forgot already). We only played twice cause the second one had a significant lag spike, but I'd love to play you again.

Last edited:

Abhi-wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Abhi-wan
3DS FC
2852-7698-3155
Just playing with this guy Zeichi, we had some close ZZS-Peach battles. If you see this message me and we can play more! My tag was Abhi

Last edited:

Shen_Jehuty

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2423-3102-6095
HOLY CRAP!!!

I played the most intense, most skilled player last night I have ever 1v1ed. They were playing Little Mac and after three round, my total damage on them for all three rounds was under 100%, no stocks taken of course. I wish you didn't have such a confusing name and it wasn't cut off (was a bunch of symbols mostly), would love to discuss how you got that good. And I'm someone who is able to beat about 80% of the Little Macs I've fought. Kudos and respect whoever you are.

MisterVisceral

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistervisceral
3DS FC
3153-4184-3244
Just played a Dan who kicked my ass brutally with Lucario, ZSS and Shulk.
You made me want to break everything in my immediate vicinity. Great job!

Dank Kong

Smash Rookie
Played a ridiculous Wii Fit Trainer (Male, Yellow) named 'oboe di...' (no clue what got cut off).
Just started going to town on me for like 8 sets straight, I've never felt so pressured in my life. Sorry I started camping and backrolling you, I just had no clue what to do anymore. Please hit me up.

-Kong, the Green DK and Roy Bowser Jr.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Just played someone called sheikyo for ages. Your ZSS was really good and your Mario game was nothing to scoff at either. You really kept me on my toes; those were really enjoyable matches.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I played someone named "Izzy" today. I wonder if anyone here is, or knows this "Izzy". My username was Squrviz... full username being Squirvizard, but it's cut off because the screen isn't big enough.

At first he played Mega Man, and I was Greninja. He would spam his Neutral A while grounded, and it was pretty annoying to approach. It was really annoying, and I hated the guy, until he later SD'd a stock after I accidentally SD'd myself, so I figured "wow, this guy (or girl) has some respect", so I started respecting him/her as well. We went on and on with matches, I switched characters, he switch a few times, etc. I had a good time.

If you're there, Izzy, let me know! I'd like to play again some time, those were fun matches, and got me into Falcon/Palutena just now.

Gg's, you were good.

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413
If anybody wants to know who I am online, my name there is Bidoof with my most common characters being Ganondorf, Palutena, Charizard and Mario. I generally do use others, however.

In terms of the topic, I played an absolutely incredible DHD/Bowser Jr./Lucario/Game and Watch player called "Im*insert star*Hip!." Until meeting this individual, nobody online took more matches from me than I did them and was only able to fight on par with them using Ganondorf. I would love to learn from them.

Daryl

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-1886-6962
Anyone called walrus ? I think you're main is greninja and you do play other char during our match.
Your greninja is good man ! Would like friend code

I use Shulk all time and one use Ike.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Bleh, **** late-night Smash Bros. I swear, the only people that play that late are people that willingly seek out the tired for free wins. Those ****ing pricks pissed the **** out of me, they roll until the reach the other edge of FD, spam one move, and they think they're so good. If I actually had some sleep right now, I would've shown them who the hell they're messing with. Alas, I was tired and didn't even know how to react to a roll. Everyone on late-night Smash Bros sucks big time and they're all *****bags, they make me rue the day I was born with their stupid taunting at every KO, rightfully so or not. Do these ass faces actually think that charging Needles as Sheik and just rolling around would be a good strategy if I could concentrate? This one kid named Kami was the worst offender, what a damn roll spammer, I want to track the guy down so I push him down a staircase, just to watch him roll while getting punished. Sorry for being a bit colorful in language, I just feel extremely dissatisfied with my experience tonight.

Touf

Smash Rookie
NNID
PolygeminusGrex
3DS FC
2638-1302-0283
Played someone named kdjb, I felt like we had the same mind with some of those matches!

Also to bb if you're out there, those were incredible games! I could tell you were a bit more skilled so I learned a lot from that. I really enjoyed the fact that you only switched mains after I successfully beat them a few times. That Greninja though D:. Most fun I've had playing online so far. Add me if you're on here~

Unseen Dragon

Smash Rookie
Just played a solid 15 games or so against a player named Necaun, very solid Lucina and Jigglypuff.

Would love to play again :3

(My name in game is [SB]Daniel, it cuts to [SB]Dan... tho)

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Played someone named anh. If you see this, pllzz exchange FCs. I really enjoyed playing with you :)

Last edited:

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Bleh, **** late-night Smash Bros. I swear, the only people that play that late are people that willingly seek out the tired for free wins. Those ****ing pricks pissed the **** out of me, they roll until the reach the other edge of FD, spam one move, and they think they're so good. If I actually had some sleep right now, I would've shown them who the hell they're messing with. Alas, I was tired and didn't even know how to react to a roll. Everyone on late-night Smash Bros sucks big time and they're all *****bags, they make me rue the day I was born with their stupid taunting at every KO, rightfully so or not. Do these *** faces actually think that charging Needles as Sheik and just rolling around would be a good strategy if I could concentrate? This one kid named Kami was the worst offender, what a damn roll spammer, I want to track the guy down so I push him down a staircase, just to watch him roll while getting punished. Sorry for being a bit colorful in language, I just feel extremely dissatisfied with my experience tonight.
I feel your pain, brother. For Glory players...the rolls, and etc. It's obnoxious. I try to adapt to it, and sometimes I do, sometimes it takes me a bit of a while, but it's still an atrocious playstyle.

Also, Rosalina so so good in this game. I don't know how to deal with her. I'm forced to approach, too. Her moves are pretty low in lag, and Rosalina players KEEP ROLLING. I hate it.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
If anybody wants to know who I am online, my name there is Bidoof with my most common characters being Ganondorf, Palutena, Charizard and Mario. I generally do use others, however.

In terms of the topic, I played an absolutely incredible DHD/Bowser Jr./Lucario/Game and Watch player called "Im*insert star*Hip!." Until meeting this individual, nobody online took more matches from me than I did them and was only able to fight on par with them using Ganondorf. I would love to learn from them.
I'm not him, but I've seen him around. He won a tournament that my friend livestreamed a few days ago. He used Olimar exclusively though. My friend has his FC and information I think. You can maybe ask him next time he goes live with a tournament.

http://www.twitch.tv/tloccpu/b/576583128

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I got my whooped by a Mario named Weegie, by far the worst beating I've gotten online. Dude combo'd me like he could do it in his sleep.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Colin you're a lucky jerk and scum.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The first online matches I had were the best. Lagless connection against an opponent who was my equal in skill.
His name was really long and got cut off though. Started with "JT"
The OP should be updated with a list of our usernames online.
I go by "Clone", and main the red Wii Fit Trainer.
Isn't there a thread for finding people by friend codes already?

Last edited:

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413
I'm not him, but I've seen him around. He won a tournament that my friend livestreamed a few days ago. He used Olimar exclusively though. My friend has his FC and information I think. You can maybe ask him next time he goes live with a tournament.
Woah. I did not expect that to happen.

Er, before I ask, when you were watching him play, how skilled was he against everybody else?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
I'm uncertain as to whether or not anyone was looking for me, but I play exclusively on For Glory with Shulk and Sheik. "Creo" being my name, of course.

I ran into a decent C. Falcon player a few days ago named "Rion" with my Shulk, and then again yesterday with my Sheik. . . I don't know if you are part of the SWF community here, but GG's! Keep training, and perhaps I'll run into you again sometime.

Edit: Also ran into Verm and his Ganon yesterday, too (we've already talked about it). Went 4 - 4. Easily the best the Ganon around. . . It just goes to show that you never know who you may randomly run into online.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Gabriel, you just played like 15 matches straight. Where art thou?

MisterVisceral

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistervisceral
3DS FC
3153-4184-3244
Justin with the Palutena and the Zamus, you real good. I felt like I really improved playing against you, so thanks :4roy:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Played a guy named $0L0 or $OLO yesterday, AMAZING Ness! Teach me! We did a few Fire Emblem matches, I was Marth mostly and Lucina a couple of times (that Captain Falcon vs Lucina match lol), and I switched to Palutena for the last one. It was fun!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Played a few good players in the past few days. Mr. K, a really good Peach. Gio, a good Charizard/Bowser. Aaand... I can't remember who else.

@ Creo Creo : We only played 8 matches? Seems like more for some reason. GGs again though, buddy.

Last edited:

GhostCross

Smash Rookie
Played a guy just now, Ghost, you got potential man, lay off some of the spam and you won't get so punished, hopefully I'll get to face you again sometime.
That was probably me. I'm still getting used to actually playing against people who don't suck (aka friends) but I whiff an awful lot and I'm definitely working on it and the spamming. Thanks for the input!

Apple Jaxx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaxvex
3DS FC
3566-1709-4610
I'm looking for dolphins, used Diddy. I was Toon Link.

We had some good sets.

And if anyone else is looking for me.....

Name:
Eric

Characters:
Zero Suit Samus, Pikachu, Toon Link and Palutena

BBC7

Smash Ace
I fought a Villager named Nick today, he was pretty chill. He was sidestepping in place and I decided to join him, we were having a party for a while until I accidentally got hit by his Down B and declared war on him from that point on.

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413
For the sake of data organization, as somebody was doing here earlier, I'd like to mention I changed my name online from "Bidoof" to "Misaka," so if any of you see that name using Ganondorf/Charizard/Palutena/Ness/Mario, it is most likely me.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
It would be a good idea to post your Miiverse ID too. I was able to track a player down by searching his name in Miiverse.

Miiverse: Shun_One
In game: Shun

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Played a few good players in the past few days. Mr. K, a really good Peach. Gio, a good Charizard/Bowser. Aaand... I can't remember who else.

@ Creo Creo : We only played 8 matches? Seems like more for some reason. GGs again though, buddy.
:link:
@ Vermanubis Vermanubis : To be sure, I'm not going off of memory. I tend to record all of my FG matches with skilled players so I can review them later on, and I have 8 of our matches. . . That's not to say it's impossible that I might've missed a couple, though. I'm not sure. . . I was really feeling it. Ha. It doesn't really matter in hindsight, though. It was online, and we both enjoyed it.

I've recently faced off against a Japanese Yoshi player. . . He / She really handed it to me. Ha. I've had a few problems with high-level Yoshi's this time around, actually. His new mechanics throw me off a little, but all in due time.

Antexerxes

Training Partner?
NNID
Orochi-Aizen
3DS FC
2509-3490-1795
I'm Orochi A and I main the Grey Game & Watch mostly. That's if anyone cares or if anyone has seen me lol. If you have and want to carry out more matches tag me or something and we can definitely get back into the fray.

Top Bottom